HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Boston - Columbus

Old
02-14-2011, 09:01 AM
pedrospecialk

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to pedrospecialk
Boston - Columbus

I'm wondering if Columbus would be open to trading Tyutin given Clitsome's production of late, and that the Bruins would be sending talent back to help them now.

I'd expand the trade to include Clark to make it more palatable for the Jackets, and to give the B's some depth in the bottom six going into the playoffs.

Boston trades:
Blake Wheeler ($2,200,000, RFA)
Mark Stuart ($1,650,000, UFA)
BOS 2011 #1

Columbus trades:
Fedor Tyutin ($2,843,750, signed through 2011-12 - $3.425m salary next year)
Chris Clark ($2,633,333, UFA)

I am probably underrating Tyutin's value, just curious how close this is though.

pedrospecialk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2011, 09:08 AM
Lord Ahriman

You are not underrating, you are overpaying. I like Tyutin, but he isn't what we need.

Lord Ahriman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2011, 09:10 AM
KrugLife
Registered Champion

I'll pass on that price

KrugLife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2011, 09:10 AM
Gagnefan924
Need Moar AmericanZ

Cant see Howson moving Tyutin. Dont really like Stuart or Wheeler. Rather just pass and keep Tyutin.

Gagnefan924 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2011, 09:11 AM
Double-Shift Lassť
Just post better

Sure it's possible Tyutin could be moved to the Bruins. The Jackets need centers. Do the Bruins have any?

That said, Jackets need all hands on the blueline tight now, so it's more likely be offseason, and not sure the B's are looking for him in the offseason.

Old
02-14-2011, 09:29 AM
pedrospecialk

Send a message via AIM to pedrospecialk
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Ahriman View Post
You are not underrating, you are overpaying. I like Tyutin, but he isn't what we need.
That's fair - but unfortunately, Stuart's got almost no value above a 3rd rounder at this point, and on the Bruins, Wheeler's marginal value is limited because he'll be playing 3rd line wing at best.

I disagree that Tyutin isn't what we need - he's leading the Jackets' D in TOI/G, over 21:00, and is ten times more desirable than Chris Phillips imo. He'd eat minutes, be above-average in his own end, and deliver a lot more offense than they're getting out of any defender not named Chara/Seidenberg. Replacing Recchi at the point on the #1 PP unit with Kampfer allows for a Boychuk - Tyutin pairing on the 2nd pairing, where even Ference has seen some time.

As far as value, I don't think it's far off - he's about the same value as a defender as Seidenberg was when we got him from Florida, only Seidenberg was an impending UFA with a $1m poison pill before he became a free agent. TB's 2nd last year is probably similar value to the Boston 1st this year, but Tyutin's extra year at that cap hit makes him much more attractive to Boston, and warrants trading an impending UFA of minimal value and an RFA who would soon be squeezed out of the lineup by prospects anyhow.

Tyutin also becomes a FA when one of Alexandrov/Bartkowski/TOR 1st are ready to make the jump in 2012-13, and gives Alexandrov another Russian stateside. I don't know, it seems like a fit to me - moreso than Phillips or Kaberle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double-Shift Lassť View Post
Sure it's possible Tyutin could be moved to the Bruins. The Jackets need centers. Do the Bruins have any?

That said, Jackets need all hands on the blueline tight now, so it's more likely be offseason, and not sure the B's are looking for him in the offseason.
Wheeler looked his best this year as our 3rd line center - I liken him to Martin Hanzal in that role, and his physical game has really picked up in the last calendar year. The goals don't seem to be coming, but he's still been an effective player and hasn't had the best linemates this year. 30-40 points with some jam and very good backchecking/penalty killing seems about right, maybe more points in a more open system.

I take it Commodore's in a Jeff Finger-type situation in Columbus at this point? Do you think if they fall a few more back of the 8th seed they consider moving Tyutin?

pedrospecialk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2011, 09:35 AM
Double-Shift Lassť
Just post better

Quote:
Originally Posted by pedrospecialk View Post
Wheeler looked his best this year as our 3rd line center - I liken him to Martin Hanzal in that role, and his physical game has really picked up in the last calendar year. The goals don't seem to be coming, but he's still been an effective player and hasn't had the best linemates this year. 30-40 points with some jam and very good backchecking/penalty killing seems about right, maybe more points in a more open system.
I'll take your word as I haven't seen enough of the B's this season, but I remain skeptical. And I'm not sure Howson should be looking to move Tyutin for a guy to play on the third line. That said, a guy with his skill-set/potential is something I'd like to have centering the third line.

Quote:
I take it Commodore's in a Jeff Finger-type situation in Columbus at this point? Do you think if they fall a few more back of the 8th seed they consider moving Tyutin?
Yes I suppose it's possible but it wouldn't be a sell-off. I think Howson is perfectly happy to keep Fedor around.

Double-Shift Lassť is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2011, 09:42 AM
don

IMO we need a C to replace Savard (if that's possible) so I'd look at Brassard. Don't like, or see a need for Clark and I'm not a whole lot impressed with Tyutin. I'd go Stuart and Boston's 1st 2011 for Brassard.

don is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2011, 10:12 AM
pete goegan
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by don View Post
IMO we need a C to replace Savard (if that's possible) so I'd look at Brassard. Don't like, or see a need for Clark and I'm not a whole lot impressed with Tyutin. I'd go Stuart and Boston's 1st 2011 for Brassard.
Center is not a position of strength in the Jackets system and Brass is playing very well with Nash and Voracek on the top line. With the team still in the playoff hunt, I don't see this kind of shake-up being possible. I don't doubt there could be a trade made between these teams, but I don't see it being this one.

pete goegan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2011, 10:19 AM
Gonzothe7thDman

Quote:
UFA and a late 1st for a young top 6 center with potential still, on a team starved for a #1 center.

Good value

Gonzothe7thDman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2011, 12:46 PM
wahsnairb

hejda would be far cheaper ane would most likely contribute what you are looking for

wahsnairb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2011, 12:52 PM
WhalerTurnedBruin55

Quote:
Originally Posted by wahsnairb View Post
hejda would be far cheaper ane would most likely contribute what you are looking for
What's his contract look like? And is he an upgrade to Stuart or Boychuk? How cheap would he be assetwise to acquire?

Wouldn't mind a player of his ilk as depth come playoffs, but he's far from the priority at the moment.

WhalerTurnedBruin55 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2011, 01:38 PM
Mark Stuart*

No interest at all in Tyutin at that price

Mark Stuart* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2011, 02:18 PM
don

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gonzothe7thDman View Post
UFA and a late 1st for a young top 6 center with potential still, on a team starved for a #1 center.

Good value
No need for the sarcasim but I do see you point about value. How about Hamill, Arniel, boston's 1st and Stuart for Brassard and Hejda.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wahsnairb View Post
See the above proposal.

don is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2011, 02:25 PM
heusy_79
! kool uoy edam

Clitsome would probably appreciate the extra icetime. You might even say it would rub him the right way......

heusy_79 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2011, 02:32 PM
Viqsi
carrying the flag

Send a message via AIM to Viqsi
Quote:
No need for the sarcasim but I do see you point about value. How about Hamill, Arniel, boston's 1st and Stuart for Brassard and Hejda.
You could swap out Hamill with Colborne and it still wouldn't be acceptable. The #1C we're looking for is a now guy; if we wanted a future guy, we'd draft Ryan Johansen - oh wait, we did that too, didn't we?

The idea of having Arniel's son on the team is cute, but it's not worth this setup.

Frankly, we are not your source for top-6 NHL roster centers. We need the ones we have.

Thanks, Howson, for cleaning up MacLean's toxic waste. Welcome, Kekalainen; let's get good things built!
Viqsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2011, 02:39 PM
bizzz*

Quote:
bust, average prospect, pending marginal UFA and about 25th pick for the 1st line center and top-4 D?

bizzz* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2011, 02:51 PM
Double-Shift Lassť
Just post better

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viqsi View Post
You could swap out Hamill with Colborne and it still wouldn't be acceptable. The #1C we're looking for is a now guy; if we wanted a future guy, we'd draft Ryan Johansen - oh wait, we did that too, didn't we?

The idea of having Arniel's son on the team is cute, but it's not worth this setup.

Frankly, we are not your source for top-6 NHL roster centers. We need the ones we have.
It's his nephew, but otherwise you're spot on.

Double-Shift Lassť is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2011, 04:09 PM
Viqsi
carrying the flag

Send a message via AIM to Viqsi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Double-Shift Lassť View Post
It's his nephew, but otherwise you're spot on.
...so it's not Gord Murphy's nephew who played for the junior Jackets and moving to Miami next year?

D'oh.

Viqsi is offline   Reply With Quote