HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The full forward healthy line-up.

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
02-14-2011, 08:28 AM
  #51
neofury*
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Montreal, PQ
Country: Canada
Posts: 20,277
vCash: 500
Cammy-Plekanec-AK46 (Deal AK46 as a buyer)
Pacioretty-Desharnais-Gionta
Pouliot-Gomez-Darche (Nothing we can do about Gomez)
Moen-Eller/Halpern-White (Get Neil plz, Eller sent to AHL for next season)
Pyatt (PK guy who can step in when injuries happen, will be dealt if he can't permanently crack lineup)

Markov-Gorges (UFA instead of Markov?)
Hammer-Subban (UFA instead of Hammer? If he signs for 2-3.5 short term I'd accept)
Wiz-Weber (Buyout and sign a 2million dollar D better than Spacek? Other option is to let Wiz walk.... )
Gill (Sign him if he's willing to be a #7?)

Brackets are what I think could or should happen in the next season after UFA period. I'm not expecting much to be honest, most are suggestions where some are just common sense.

PS: Moen-Neil-White type line would be very solid as a 4th line. I definitely would want to keep Moen if we had Neil and White on his line. They could reign destruction

I'm thinking Carle/Maxwell + AK might be dealt in a package with picks for something big but I'll hold my breath

I'd much rather package someone else instead of AK, I think he can provide a lot for us if given the right circumstances.

Our teams problem, we get injured too often. We need to decipher the reasoning here.

I think it's simple. Guys take runs at our players cause they have no fear of the consequence.

We need a fighter who can play up to 10 minutes at least solid defensively. We also need a guy like Lapierre (lol) who can get under opponents skin and also fight. Moen already can fight but he has nobody to back him up in case of a heavy weight. He has balls but he isn't going to get himself killed out there. Once we become more tough in terms of our back end and 4th line we won't get ****ed with anymore.

We should probably trade one of our top six forwards like AK (I know, I love the guy but he's the odd man out) for a more physical hitting machine, Iginla or a poor mans version. Obviously Penner isn't the true solution, he'd be a fine addition and would add size up front but nothing more. If we could pry Iginla away from Calgary in a deal that sends them AK, Carle, 1st 3rd 4th or some crazyness, it would be dealing away a solid prospect in Carle who seems to be coming around, a 1st, more picks and AK, it would be overpayment for sure in terms of prospect/picks and taking on salary, but it would pay off in spades.

Imagine...

Cammalleri-Plekanec-Iginla
Pacioretty-Desharnais/Gomez-Gionta
Pouliot-Desharinais/Gomez-Darche

Whichever way you spin it, that's a good top 9 except for Gomez whose been terrible lately. All I can say is at least it looks like a playoff top 9. If Gomez shows up you've basically got yourself 3 scoring lines all that have size and somebody who can go to the net.

Actually on paper it's a fit. 3 guys with size who can go to the net. 3 guys who can make nice plays, 3 guys who are snipers.


Last edited by neofury*: 02-14-2011 at 08:37 AM.
neofury* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2011, 09:29 AM
  #52
coolasprICE
Registered User
 
coolasprICE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,427
vCash: 500
Lots of DD-Gionta lines...

I think MaxPac - DD - Pouliot is the way to go, especially for a top 6 that needs a size boost.

And Gionta on the 3rd line provides much needed scoring depth. And Gomez on the 3rd (with Darche) ... because he's a 3rd liner.

coolasprICE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2011, 09:50 AM
  #53
Habs10Habs
HFBoards Sponsor
 
Habs10Habs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Country: Canada
Posts: 52,270
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by coolasprICE View Post
Lots of DD-Gionta lines...

I think MaxPac - DD - Pouliot is the way to go, especially for a top 6 that needs a size boost.

And Gionta on the 3rd line provides much needed scoring depth. And Gomez on the 3rd (with Darche) ... because he's a 3rd liner.
Which only means there will be a lot of disappointed posters here when Martin keeps DD on the 3rd line with Pouliot and Darche.

Habs10Habs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2011, 09:58 AM
  #54
antoniojr
Registered User
 
antoniojr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Country: Canada
Posts: 151
vCash: 500
Cammy-Pleks-AK
Patches-Gomer-Gionta
Poul-DD-Darche
Moen-Halpy-White/Eller

antoniojr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2011, 09:59 AM
  #55
coolasprICE
Registered User
 
coolasprICE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,427
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs10Habs View Post
Which only means there will be a lot of disappointed posters here when Martin keeps DD on the 3rd line with Pouliot and Darche.
if he keeps up his scoring pace he'll be our 2nd line center very shortly, whether JM likes it or not

coolasprICE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2011, 10:04 AM
  #56
neofury*
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Montreal, PQ
Country: Canada
Posts: 20,277
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs10Habs View Post
Which only means there will be a lot of disappointed posters here when Martin keeps DD on the 3rd line with Pouliot and Darche.
Yeah don't get me wrong I'm all but certain Gomez will remain the #2.

I don't get why they can't just Drury him onto the 3rd line.

neofury* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2011, 10:07 AM
  #57
Habs10Habs
HFBoards Sponsor
 
Habs10Habs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Country: Canada
Posts: 52,270
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by coolasprICE View Post
if he keeps up his scoring pace he'll be our 2nd line center very shortly, whether JM likes it or not
Haha maybe, I really like what DD has been doing. I just can't see Martin giving Gomez 3rd line minutes. Or as some have mentioned, dropping him to the 4th line.

Quote:
Originally Posted by neofury View Post
Yeah don't get me wrong I'm all but certain Gomez will remain the #2.

I don't get why they can't just Drury him onto the 3rd line.
If our team is to take a serious run this year, we need the old Gomez back. I'm guessing Martin feels that the only way for that to happen, is to keep giving Gomez every opportunity to get out of this slump. Eventually if DD keeps it up, he'll have no choice, but I can't see that happening anytime soon.

Habs10Habs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2011, 10:17 AM
  #58
coolasprICE
Registered User
 
coolasprICE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,427
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs10Habs View Post
Eventually if DD keeps it up, he'll have no choice, but I can't see that happening anytime soon.
hypothetical: next 5 games DD pots 1 or 2 and has 4-5 assists while Gomez gets 2 assists

Who's our 2nd line center for game 6?

coolasprICE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2011, 10:31 AM
  #59
Habs10Habs
HFBoards Sponsor
 
Habs10Habs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Country: Canada
Posts: 52,270
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by coolasprICE View Post
hypothetical: next 5 games DD pots 1 or 2 and has 4-5 assists while Gomez gets 2 assists

Who's our 2nd line center for game 6?
Gomez, as why would you move DD from his current line while he's on a hot streak?

We've already seen that DD is outplaying Gomez. Martin will not make the switch that a lot of you are hoping for. He may for a period or two, but I'd be surprised if it happened for any longer.

Habs10Habs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2011, 10:48 AM
  #60
coolasprICE
Registered User
 
coolasprICE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,427
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs10Habs View Post
Gomez, as why would you move DD from his current line while he's on a hot streak?

We've already seen that DD is outplaying Gomez. Martin will not make the switch that a lot of you are hoping for. He may for a period or two, but I'd be surprised if it happened for any longer.
They don't have switch the lines around, just give more minutes to the line that is producing.

DD played 16 minutes last game while Gomez played 17... looks like he's slowly catching up

coolasprICE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2011, 10:51 AM
  #61
BBrowser
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 530
vCash: 500
We have a very average line up up front. Wow how boring and flavorless.

What we need is our healthy D back.

BBrowser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2011, 10:56 AM
  #62
Habs10Habs
HFBoards Sponsor
 
Habs10Habs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Country: Canada
Posts: 52,270
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by coolasprICE View Post
They don't have switch the lines around, just give more minutes to the line that is producing.

DD played 16 minutes last game while Gomez played 17... looks like he's slowly catching up
Once Cammy is back, I'll be surprised if DD has more minutes per game than Gomez. In fact, I'm so sure of it, I'll make you a bet. For the first 5 games after Cammy returns, if DD averages more ice time during that period than Gomez. I'll change my nickname to anything you want for one month. If I'm right, I change your nick name to coolasGOMEZ for one month.

If either player gets injured during those 5 games, the bet is void.

Deal?


Last edited by Habs10Habs: 02-14-2011 at 10:57 AM. Reason: Spelling
Habs10Habs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2011, 11:02 AM
  #63
neofury*
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Montreal, PQ
Country: Canada
Posts: 20,277
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs10Habs View Post
Once Cammy is back, I'll be surprised if DD has more minutes per game than Gomez. In fact, I'm so sure of it, I'll make you a bet. For the first 5 games after Cammy returns, if DD averages more ice time during that period than Gomez. I'll change my nickname to anything you want for one month. If I'm right, I change your nick name to coolasGOMEZ for one month.

If either player gets injured during those 5 games, the bet is void.

Deal?
Terribly one-side being that JM is our coach

neofury* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2011, 11:15 AM
  #64
Habs10Habs
HFBoards Sponsor
 
Habs10Habs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Country: Canada
Posts: 52,270
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by neofury View Post
Terribly one-side being that JM is our coach
Shhh...that's my point.

Habs10Habs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2011, 11:15 AM
  #65
coolasprICE
Registered User
 
coolasprICE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,427
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs10Habs View Post
Once Cammy is back, I'll be surprised if DD has more minutes per game than Gomez. In fact, I'm so sure of it, I'll make you a bet. For the first 5 games after Cammy returns, if DD averages more ice time during that period than Gomez. I'll change my nickname to anything you want for one month. If I'm right, I change your nick name to coolasGOMEZ for one month.

If either player gets injured during those 5 games, the bet is void.

Deal?
bet is ON if we switch the next 5 games after Cammy is back to by the end of the season.

I'll change my username to GomezIsGod if DD doesn't become our 2nd line center by the end of the regular season.

I'll take suggestions if you think of a better username for myself (or if you prefer coolasGOMEZ).

As for your username, hmm... I need some suggestions....anyone want to help me?

coolasprICE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2011, 11:16 AM
  #66
Habs10Habs
HFBoards Sponsor
 
Habs10Habs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Country: Canada
Posts: 52,270
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by neofury View Post
Terribly one-side being that JM is our coach
Shhh you bastidge, I'm trying to set up coolasprICE for a sucker bet.


Edit: Sounds good coolasprICE, what happens though if Gomez is traded. Would I automatically lose?

Either nickname is fine, as long as it contains Gomez in it, in a positive way.

Habs10Habs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2011, 11:19 AM
  #67
coolasprICE
Registered User
 
coolasprICE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,427
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs10Habs View Post

Edit: Sounds good coolasprICE, what happens though if Gomez is traded. Would I automatically lose?
If Gomez is traded, I'll take the credit for leading the charge of the anti-Gomez movement... so you can just make me a Mod... Deal?

coolasprICE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2011, 11:23 AM
  #68
Habs10Habs
HFBoards Sponsor
 
Habs10Habs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Country: Canada
Posts: 52,270
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by coolasprICE View Post
If Gomez is traded, I'll take the credit for leading the charge of the anti-Gomez movement... so you can just make me a Mod... Deal?
Haha, we'll talk.

The loser keeps the new nick name for the remainder of the time that the Habs are in the playoffs, or for a month. Which ever turns out to be longer.

Edit: Never mind, we'll have no rules. No matter what happens, whoever is the #2 center at the end of the season wins. If a player is injured or traded, TFB.


Last edited by Habs10Habs: 02-14-2011 at 11:28 AM. Reason: added to post
Habs10Habs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2011, 11:53 AM
  #69
coolasprICE
Registered User
 
coolasprICE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,427
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs10Habs View Post
Haha, we'll talk.

The loser keeps the new nick name for the remainder of the time that the Habs are in the playoffs, or for a month. Which ever turns out to be longer.

Edit: Never mind, we'll have no rules. No matter what happens, whoever is the #2 center at the end of the season wins. If a player is injured or traded, TFB.
Ok, but what will be your username????

coolasprICE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2011, 11:55 AM
  #70
Habs10Habs
HFBoards Sponsor
 
Habs10Habs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Country: Canada
Posts: 52,270
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by coolasprICE View Post
Ok, but what will be your username????
Don't worry, you'll have plenty of time to come up with something. I'm sure some of our posters have some great ideas of what my nick name should be. Too bad most of them would contain a bunch of *'s.

Habs10Habs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2011, 12:15 PM
  #71
coolasprICE
Registered User
 
coolasprICE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,427
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs10Habs View Post
Don't worry, you'll have plenty of time to come up with something. I'm sure some of our posters have some great ideas of what my nick name should be. Too bad most of them would contain a bunch of *'s.
maybe we can change that hab jerseys of yours to somethin else...






Laughs10Laughs

coolasprICE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2011, 12:19 PM
  #72
Habs10Habs
HFBoards Sponsor
 
Habs10Habs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Country: Canada
Posts: 52,270
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by coolasprICE View Post
maybe we can change that hab jerseys of yours to somethin else...






Laughs10Laughs
Why don't you just kick me in the nads while you're at it?

Habs10Habs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2011, 02:04 PM
  #73
tinyzombies
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Calif via Montreal
Posts: 11,453
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by antoniojr View Post
Cammy-Pleks-AK
Patches-Gomer-Gionta
Poul-DD-Darche
Moen-Halpy-White/Eller
Patches-Pleks-Gionta
Cammy-Gomer-Darche
Pouliot-DD-Kovalev
Moen-Maxwell-White

Hammer-Subban
Spacek-Phillips (from Ottawa for AK)
Gill-Wiz

We might be able to play against Philly or Boston come playoff time with that lineup. I like the idea of Maxwell and White pecking around and messing with their heads and then having Kovalev on a second PP unit.

We have to get Gomez some support on the boards and someone to make a play with, so that seems obvious. The Pleks line is working, so leave it. Kovalev needs his own line and DD can find either him or Poulie to shoot after Kovy goes end-to-end.


Last edited by tinyzombies: 02-14-2011 at 02:12 PM.
tinyzombies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2011, 02:33 PM
  #74
neofury*
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Montreal, PQ
Country: Canada
Posts: 20,277
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs10Habs View Post
Shhh you bastidge, I'm trying to set up coolasprICE for a sucker bet.


Edit: Sounds good coolasprICE, what happens though if Gomez is traded. Would I automatically lose?

Either nickname is fine, as long as it contains Gomez in it, in a positive way.
What happens if a toilet falls from the sky and lands on my head?

PS names will be:

Leafs10Leafs and coolasGOMER

neofury* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2011, 02:45 PM
  #75
Paul Dipietro
Registered User
 
Paul Dipietro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Country: Canada
Posts: 710
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs10Habs View Post
Shhh you bastidge, I'm trying to set up coolasprICE for a sucker bet.


Edit: Sounds good coolasprICE, what happens though if Gomez is traded. Would I automatically lose?

Either nickname is fine, as long as it contains Gomez in it, in a positive way.
JM has shown a willingness to bench Gomez in the 3rd so I wouldn't go that far

If the path of least resistance continues to be DD, ice-time will flow organically away from Gomez

Paul Dipietro is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:44 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.