HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Phx - Tor

Old
02-14-2011, 09:22 AM
showtime8

vCash: 500
Phx - Tor

To Toronto:
Martin Hanzal

To Phoenix:
Kris Versteeg
Jonas Gustavsson

showtime8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2011, 09:23 AM
Leaf Rocket
Leaf Fan Till I Die

no thank you.

Leaf Rocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2011, 10:01 AM
rt
Usually Incorrect

Martin Hanzal is the best shut down center in the toughest division in hockey(if the playoffs started tomorrow, every Pacific team would qualify). He goes against Getzlaf, Kopitar, Thornton, and Richards nightly. He's the most valuable forward the Phoenix Coyotes have. Beyonf Bryzgalov and Yandle, he's the team MVP. I'm sure he's the the favorite player of his head coach. Of that there is little doubt. He is 23 years old and he WILL have a Selke nomination before he's 26. It's really a crime that he hasn't already had at least an honorable mention in that regard, already.

I'd sooner trade Shane Doan.

rt is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2011, 10:05 AM
showtime8

Quote:
Originally Posted by rt View Post
Martin Hanzal is the best shut down center in the toughest division in hockey. He goes against Getzlaf, Kopitarl, Thornton, and Richards nightly. He's the most valuable forward the Phoenix Coyotes have. Beyonf Bryzgalov and Yandle, he's the team MVP. He is 23 years old and he WILL have a Selke nomination before he's 26.

Wow, he's really developed his game that much?

I think that you can argue what division is tougher, but I think that if he means that much to the team, it would be too much for the Leafs to give up to get him.

Thanks for the input.

showtime8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2011, 10:17 AM
Mr Forever
The Oilers :(

Quote:
Martin Hanzal is the best shut down center in the toughest division in hockey(if the playoffs started tomorrow, every Pacific team would qualify). He goes against Getzlaf, Kopitar, Thornton, and Richards nightly. He's the most valuable forward the Phoenix Coyotes have. Beyonf Bryzgalov and Yandle, he's the team MVP. I'm sure he's the the favorite player of his head coach. Of that there is little doubt. He is 23 years old and he WILL have a Selke nomination before he's 26. It's really a crime that he hasn't already had at least an honorable mention in that regard, already.

This.

He's the perfect 2nd line center on a defensive team. I'd love to see him on the Oilers.

Mr Forever is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2011, 10:26 AM
mydnyte

Quote:

done deal for Doan then

mydnyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2011, 11:12 AM
TML g u n n e R s*
EDC 2013

Send a message via MSN to TML g u n n e R s* Send a message via Yahoo to TML g u n n e R s* Send a message via Skype™ to TML g u n n e R s*
no thanks you....

TML g u n n e R s* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2011, 11:18 AM
JeffMangum
mfw Flyers D

vCash: 300
Phoenix says no.

Burke runs around in the street like a little school girl after getting straight A's on his/her report card.

#TannerGlass2014
SEEN YOUR VIDEO!
#SheWentToHarvard
JeffMangum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2011, 11:20 AM
seanlinden

This one doesn't make a lot of sense on it's own for Toronto. Hanzal is a great shutdown centre, but he's not the kind of player that you could expect to succeed cast in a #1 centre's role.

seanlinden is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2011, 12:46 PM
jahmeen

from a leaf fan - look at pocahovski (poni) and antropov, flops, two big bodied europeans that we had a sucked, we dont need anymore, the only person we would want from them is Shane Doan

jahmeen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2011, 01:06 PM
Kaibur

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfried View Post
This one doesn't make a lot of sense on it's own for Toronto. Hanzal is a great shutdown centre, but he's not the kind of player that you could expect to succeed cast in a #1 centre's role.
Dave Tippett has him cast as the #1 center on the Yotes and they're currently above the playoff line. He plays in every situation. This year he's even been rewarded with significant powerplay time.

Kaibur is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2011, 01:19 PM
DougGilmour93

no thank you

DougGilmour93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2011, 01:20 PM
Qvist

Quote:
Originally Posted by showtime8 View Post
To Toronto:
Martin Hanzal

To Phoenix:
Kris Versteeg
Jonas Gustavsson
I don't think Hanzal has enough value to justify that.

Qvist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2011, 01:30 PM
Poignant Discussion
I tell it like it is

vCash: 1400
Send a message via MSN to Poignant Discussion Send a message via Yahoo to Poignant Discussion
Quote:
Originally Posted by Qvist View Post
I don't think Hanzal has enough value to justify that.
And you would be wrong, Phoenix would want more than a speedy third liner (or poor mans second liner) and a young slumping goalie

Start with Kadri and maybe Phoenix might not hang up the phone

Poignant Discussion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2011, 01:34 PM
joepeps

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poignant Discussion View Post
And you would be wrong, Phoenix would want more than a speedy third liner (or poor mans second liner) and a young slumping goalie

yeah Versteeg is a 3rd line just like Jordan Staal lol

joepeps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2011, 01:58 PM
seanlinden

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaibur View Post
Dave Tippett has him cast as the #1 center on the Yotes and they're currently above the playoff line. He plays in every situation. This year he's even been rewarded with significant powerplay time.
Ilya Bryzgalov has a lot to do with that. Toronto needs a centre capable of at least 60 points over a full season.

Old
02-14-2011, 02:00 PM
Wraparounds
Powerful Wizard

If that's your offer for Hanzal then just turn around and walk away.

Wraparounds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2011, 02:11 PM
Kings of Komarov

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poignant Discussion View Post

yup that makes sense

Kings of Komarov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2011, 02:35 PM
Alberta Yote
Nice run

Quote:
Originally Posted by MBuds26 View Post
yup that makes sense
You're right. There is no way Maloney would trade Hanzal for Kadri.

I'm not as sold on Hanzal as the two way threat that many Coyotes' fans are, his offense continues to be a bit limited especially with the PP time he's been getting this year. But he fills a crucial need for Phoenix. He's THE guy called on to play against Getzlaf, Thornton, Kopitar and Richards. He is indespensible.

Last edited by Alberta Yote: 02-14-2011 at 02:41 PM.
Alberta Yote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2011, 02:37 PM
Dark Knight
#TheStroShow

Quote:

I agree 100%. I've noticed I don't disagree with you a lot.

02-14-2011, 02:37 PM
heusy_79
9 - 20 - 8

Any Toronto fans saying "no thanks" to this one, clearly aren't familiar with Hanzal. He might not put up a lot of points but the dude is a beast defensively. He would be Toronto's best centre all things considered (although that is not saying much).

heusy_79 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2011, 02:40 PM
MoreMogilny
Cap'n

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaibur View Post
That's great for Hanzal, but Toronto is anything but a defensive team unfortunately. I would love to have Hanzal, but the Leafs need an offensive center.

MoreMogilny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2011, 02:40 PM
seanlinden

Quote:
Originally Posted by heusy_79 View Post
Any Toronto fans saying "no thanks" to this one, clearly aren't familiar with Hanzal. He might not put up a lot of points but the dude is a beast defensively. He would be Toronto's best centre all things considered (although that is not saying much).
Any non-Toronto fans saying that the Leafs should do this clearly aren't familiar with the Leafs roster. Their need at centre is for a puck distributor to play with Phil Kessel, who is capable of at least 60 points over a full season (with the side-effect of making Bozak the 3rd line C)

Old
02-14-2011, 02:42 PM
internetdotcom
11 + 15 + 19 = 666

Send a message via MSN to internetdotcom Send a message via Yahoo to internetdotcom
Quote:
Originally Posted by joepeps View Post
yeah Versteeg is a 3rd line just like Jordan Staal lol
Versteeg isn't playing behind 2 of the best players in the world on his team at his position.

internetdotcom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2011, 02:47 PM
MoreMogilny
Cap'n

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfried View Post
Any non-Toronto fans saying that the Leafs should do this clearly aren't familiar with the Leafs roster. Their need at centre is for a puck distributor to play with Phil Kessel, who is capable of at least 60 points over a full season (with the side-effect of making Bozak the 3rd line C)
This.

Hanzal may be an upgrade to Bozak, but if the Leafs are going to be successful in Ron Wilson's system (as bad as it may be), they need a center capable of producing substantial offense. Hanzal is great, really, but he doesn't fit the big needs of this team.

MoreMogilny is offline   Reply With Quote