HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Fla/Nyi

Old
02-14-2011, 12:45 PM
periferal

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiphopopotamus View Post
You're insane.

Proven NHL goaltenders on GOOD CONTRACTS get moved for less than that. Goaltenders who have not proven themselves in the NHL don't have much value. When is the last time a goaltending prospect got more than another goaltending prospect? Thibault to Montreal?

Bertuzzi/Luongo.

periferal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2011, 01:08 PM
Isles_Guy*

Send a message via Yahoo to Isles_Guy*
Quote:
Originally Posted by AwesomePanthers View Post
You couldn't be more wrong. Markström carried a SEL on his own at the age of 18. Markström has a way higher potential than Poulin. He is described as the next Lundqvist.

He let in two goals against the Devils, Clemmer started the game.

You don't judge players after one game. Markström has just gotten used to the smaller rinks and his numbers are increasing drastically.
you couldnt be more wrong

Poulin out played Markstrom on the same level in the AHL this year

Markstrom 37 2174 108 1 2.98 16-20 1 1159 1051 0.907
Poulin....... 15 _903 _33 2 2.19 10-_5 0 _482 _449 0.932

by a wide margin it was like a man vs a child, never mind that Bridgeport was the worst team in the AHL this year and scored fewer goals than did Rochester

oh yes and Poulin was younger too, Gustavsson came over from europe to billed as the next Lundqvist too how did that turn out?

Markstrom on the ice is older and inferior to Poulin facing the same competition and it wasnt even in the same zip code

Make up all the excuses you want but thats all they are

Last edited by Isles_Guy*: 02-14-2011 at 01:15 PM.
Isles_Guy* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2011, 01:18 PM
AwesomePanthers
Go Quacks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isles_Guy View Post

by a wide margin it was like a man vs a child, never mind that Bridgeport was the worst team an the AHL this year and scored fewer goals than did Rochester

oh yes and Poulin was younger too, Gustavsson came over from europe to billed as the next Lundqvist too how did that turn out?

Markstrom on the ice is older and inferior to Poulin facing the same competition and it wasnt even in the same zip code

Did you read my post at all?

He had a troubling start, but has been playing great of latest before he got injured. If you think Poulin has the same potential as Markström, that's your problem. Most people with their mind intact would pick Markström any day over Poulin. Just because he had a rough start doesn't mean Poulin is gonna be better or just as good as him. You'll see..

AwesomePanthers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2011, 01:19 PM
Qvist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erick View Post
NYI: G Jacob Markstrom + 2 '11 2nd round picks
FLA: C/W Josh Bailey + '11 1st round pick
No way the Islanders would consider this.....

Qvist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2011, 01:32 PM
Isles_Guy*

Quote:
Did you read my post at all?

He had a troubling start, but has been playing great of latest before he got injured. If you think Poulin has the same potential as Markström, that's your problem. Most people with their mind intact would pick Markström any day over Poulin. Just because he had a rough start doesn't mean Poulin is gonna be better or just as good as him. You'll see..
it wasnt a rough start. your problem is that you know Markstrom just had a serious knee injury and you think he may be injury prone, so your trying to foist him on somebody else

Markstrom lost more games than he won in the AHL While Poulin won twice as many as he lost and had twice as many shutouts as Markstrom playing 22 fewer games.

Stop making excuses and lies

my mind is intact, I just know that Poulin played better than Markstrom and it wasnt even close and Poulin is younger

i mean if anybody sees this:

prospect A 37 2174 108 1 2.98 16-20 1 1159 1051 0.907
prospect B 15 _903 _33 2 2.19 10-_5 0 _482 _449 0.932

you know who gets chosen especially when prospect B is younger too

Last edited by Isles_Guy*: 02-14-2011 at 01:46 PM.
Old
02-14-2011, 02:05 PM
HyeDray
HFB Partner

Quote:
Out of your mind!

This is 2011 not 2000. Your team scammed us once, it wont happen again. We have a GM with a brain.

Bailey is going NOWHERE! How many times does Snow have to say it.
PLUS you want the Isles first round pick?

This is the most lopsided trade I have seen in a long long time.

HyeDray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2011, 02:12 PM
SLAPSHOT723
Bandwagon since 2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by HyeDray View Post
Out of your mind!

This is 2011 not 2000. Your team scammed us once, it wont happen again. We have a GM with a brain.

Bailey is going NOWHERE! How many times does Snow have to say it.
PLUS you want the Isles first round pick?

This is the most lopsided trade I have seen in a long long time.
Psh, we're even with Grabner

SLAPSHOT723 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2011, 02:34 PM
MTK

Quote:
We do not need a goalie in our system. We actually have some pretty good prospects
  • Poulin
  • Nilson
  • Mikko

In regards to the 2nd round picks, we need players, we have had a lot of draft picks in the last couple years due to Garth acquiring picks on almost every trade.

We wouldn't give up Bailey and a 1st for that package either. We need a player that will address our needs.

MTK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2011, 02:55 PM
Boooooth10

Quote:
it wasnt a rough start. your problem is that you know Markstrom just had a serious knee injury and you think he may be injury prone, so your trying to foist him on somebody else

Markstrom lost more games than he won in the AHL While Poulin won twice as many as he lost and had twice as many shutouts as Markstrom playing 22 fewer games.

Stop making excuses and lies

my mind is intact, I just know that Poulin played better than Markstrom and it wasnt even close and Poulin is younger

i mean if anybody sees this:

prospect A 37 2174 108 1 2.98 16-20 1 1159 1051 0.907
prospect B 15 _903 _33 2 2.19 10-_5 0 _482 _449 0.932

you know who gets chosen especially when prospect B is younger too
You fail to realize this is Markstroms first year playing in North America.

Boooooth10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2011, 03:00 PM
pb1300
BLEED RED

Send a message via Yahoo to pb1300
Quote:
based on what? your opinion ? Poulin was far superior to markstrom on a much worse AHL team, it wasnt even close

oh yes its gross

and koskinen was considered the best goalie in the draft last year so who you trying to fool

Markstrom lost to NJ in his first game so hes not better than Poulin, as kevin vastly out played Markstrom this year in both the AHL and NHL, oh and Poulins younger too

nice try though
Yes, Poulin is such a far superior prospect because he has had a better half a season over Markstrom. What was I thinking!?!? You obviously havent watched Rochester much, or saw any Brynas games last year, where he carried a team that wishes they were as good as the Florida Panthers.

Quote:

by a wide margin it was like a man vs a child, never mind that Bridgeport was the worst team in the AHL this year and scored fewer goals than did Rochester

Gotta love posters that just look at stats, and think they actually have a clue about a player. Classic HFBoards.

OH my god, Markstrom is three months older than Poulin, why are we even having this discussion Lets see another 18 year old play goal for a horrible Brynas team, and lead them to a very successful season, then come to a horrible Rochester team, with a ridiculous defense in front of him, and improve month over month, while trying to learn a completely new style of play, on a smaller ice surface.

Fact of the matter is, Markstrom would be your top ranked prospect at the moment, and regardless of what he has done so far, that wouldnt change. I have questions about his game, but to think this is a "man vs child" instance here because of a half a season, given the circumstances which you obviously do not see, is quite homerish.

As far as the proposal is concerned, Ill pass. Besides, how is Markstrom gonna get in that net when they have Patrick Roy waiting in the wings

pb1300 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2011, 03:55 PM
Isles_Guy*

"Gotta love posters that just look at stats, and think they actually have a clue about a player. Classic HFBoards."

gotta love posters who use that excuse whenever they dont have a clue of what they are talking about, because clearly you dont.

see thats where you are wrong, the Bridgeport sound tigers were even worse than the Rochester americans in the AHL, and due to injuries on the Islanders defense, the Sound tigers had an even worse group of defensemen than the Americans did.

yet somehow Kevin Poulin in his first year as a professional just like Markstrom played markstrom into the ground

Markstrom lost more games than he won on a better team, Poulin won twice as many as he lost on a worse team

Markstrom had 1 shutout in 37 games Poulin 2 in 15

all i keep hearing from you guys is excuses. Lundqvist came over from the SEL and didnt miss a beat starring for the Rangers, why didnt he have the hard time you say Markstrom had?

could it be maybe that Markstrom isnt that good? Gustavsson came right over to the leafs as well...... why is it only Markstrom seems to have a problem?

maybe You needed to watch a few of the Bridgeport Sound Tigers games, to see how good Poulin was. because maybe just maybe if Poulin had played With Brynas he would have done even better than Markstrom did with them.

Last edited by Isles_Guy*: 02-14-2011 at 04:05 PM.
Old
02-14-2011, 03:57 PM
The Kremelin Wall*
the krEMELIN wall

Quote:
see thats where you are wrong, the Bridgeport sound tigers were even worse than the Rochester americans in the AHL, and due to injuries on the Islanders defense, the Sound tigers had an even worse group of defensemen than the Americans did.

yet somehow Kevin Poulin in his first year as a professional just like Markstrom played markstrom into the ground

Markstrom lost more games than he won on a better team Poulin won twice as many as he lost on a worse team

all i keep hearing from you guys is excuses. Lundqvist came over from the SEL and didnt miss a beat starring for the Rangers, why didnt he have the hard time you say Markstrom had?

could it be maybe that Markstrom isnt that good? Gustavsson came right over to the leafs as well...... why is it only Markstrom seems to have a problem?
The people you discussed came over in their mid to late 20's. Markstrom came over at age 20.

The Kremelin Wall* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2011, 04:02 PM
FinlandPanther

Quote:

Markstrom lost more games than he won on a better team Poulin won twice as many as he lost on a worse team

LOL get a clue. rochester has a defense composed of scrubs and robak. Markstrom is playing his first year in NA while poulin isn't and markstrom has a .930 % since december. LOL now markstrom isn't good.... you are the worst homer ive ever seen. gustavsson came over right with the leafs as a 24 year old and sucks.... you have a terrible argument. i understand you want to keep poulin, but your argument is just silly and childish.

FinlandPanther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2011, 04:11 PM
Isles_Guy*

Quote:
Originally Posted by FinlandPanther View Post
LOL get a clue. rochester has a defense composed of scrubs and robak. Markstrom is playing his first year in NA while poulin isn't and markstrom has a .930 % since december. LOL now markstrom isn't good.... you are the worst homer ive ever seen. gustavsson came over right with the leafs as a 24 year old and sucks.... you have a terrible argument. i understand you want to keep poulin, but your argument is just silly and childish.
and Poulins save pct was still better,(.932-.930) thats the point and Poulin still had a worse defense in front of him in Bridgeport. youre entire argument doesnt hold water, thats the point

even if we throw out the bad start for Markstrom, Poulin's performance on the worse team was better

so you need to get a clue, I know Rochester was bad, Bridgeport was even worse......We took 5 defensemen off that team because of our injuries

Last edited by Isles_Guy*: 02-14-2011 at 04:16 PM.
Old
02-14-2011, 04:15 PM
pb1300
BLEED RED

Quote:
"Gotta love posters that just look at stats, and think they actually have a clue about a player. Classic HFBoards."

gotta love posters who use that excuse whenever they dont have a clue of what they are talking about, because clearly you dont.

Markstrom lost more games than he won on a better team, Poulin won twice as many as he lost on a worse team

maybe You needed to watch a few of the Bridgeport Sound Tigers games, to see how good Poulin was. because maybe just maybe if Poulin had played With Brynas he would have done even better than Markstrom did with them.
Funny how you first quote what I said, and say the exact same thing, only to try and spin it around in your favor. Your post is hilarious Mr Simpson. There are no excuses Mr Simpson, just plain facts, which you dont care to even see. The style of play in the SEL, in European hockey for that matter, is MUCH different than NA hockey. And if you think that a 19 year old will just step right in and be dominant, then I understand why your posts are so ridiculous. BTW, Lundqvist was 23 when he played in the NHL, so that has no weight in your argument.

Its cool though, go ahead and keep Patrick Roy, I mean, Poulin, we will hold on to one of the top prospects in the world. Oh wait, he had a bad first couple of months, nevermind...please, take him off our hands

Old
02-14-2011, 04:16 PM
boredmale

Quote:
Not saying Markström is worth more, but it would take a MASSIVE OVERPAYMENT to get him out of Florida. He has sky-high potential. Look what people are asking for in return of Schenn (played 10 NHL games and 2 assists), Markström shouldn't fetch a lot less. Markström is the goalie version of Schenn at this point, maybe you will see that one day.
So a potential top 3 pick is not massive overpayment? Without getting into a my prospect is better then your prospect debate, in general goalies have low value in terms of trade return, prospect goalies even less then proven NHL netminders. I don't think even a team who is in desperate need of a young goalie for the futrue of the team would trade the 3rd overall pick for Markstrom

Last edited by boredmale: 02-14-2011 at 04:25 PM.
boredmale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2011, 04:21 PM
FinlandPanther

Quote:
and Poulins save pct was still better,(.932-.930) thats the point and Poulin still had a worse defense in front of him in Bridgeport. youre entire argument doesnt hold water, thats the point

even if we throw out the bad start for Markstrom, Poulin's performance on the worse team was better

so you need to get a clue, I know Rochester was bad, Bridgeport was even worse......We took 5 defensemen off that team because of our injuries
thats not true though LOL you can say that all you want, but it's not true.

Old
02-14-2011, 04:22 PM
Isles_Guy*

Quote:
Originally Posted by pb1300 View Post
Funny how you first quote what I said, and say the exact same thing, only to try and spin it around in your favor. Your post is hilarious Mr Simpson. There are no excuses Mr Simpson, just plain facts, which you dont care to even see. The style of play in the SEL, in European hockey for that matter, is MUCH different than NA hockey. And if you think that a 19 year old will just step right in and be dominant, then I understand why your posts are so ridiculous. BTW, Lundqvist was 23 when he played in the NHL, so that has no weight in your argument.

Its cool though, go ahead and keep Patrick Roy, I mean, Poulin, we will hold on to one of the top prospects in the world. Oh wait, he had a bad first couple of months, nevermind...please, take him off our hands
I wasnt the one asking for a top 3 pick for in unproven goalie, I was only showing that we already had an unproven goalie of our own with even more potential already playing in the NHL for us.

We didnt offer our guy for your 1st pound pick

Old
02-14-2011, 04:25 PM
pb1300
BLEED RED

Quote:
and Poulins save pct was still better, thats the point and Poulin still had a worse defense in front of him in Bridgeport. youre entire argument doesnt hold water, thats the point

And how many Dmen have we taken from Rochester? Your replies are the ones that hold no water. You keep talking about Bridgeport being so much worse, yet Rochester only has four more wins. Gee, we really are a powerhouse AHL team Again, you want to use stats as your only comparison, but fail to take into account everything that surrounds the two players, which is wrong Mr Simpson. You cant just compare two players without taking everything into consideration, unless you want to alter the truth, which you are trying to do Mr Simpson. You want to compare them the right way, then you compare Poulin's stats in the A this year versus Markstrom's season last year at Brynas. Poulin played in the Q then the A in his professional career, which are both NA styles and rinks, while Markstrom played in the SEL for his professional career.

Its nice that you have a great goaltending prospect in Poulin, and from seeing him play, I think he will make a fine NHL goaltender, but quit trying to downplay one of the top prospects in the world because of what he did to start his professional career in NA. What you fail to see is how much the kid has improved since his rough start. I know, thats difficult to see from a box score.

Old
02-14-2011, 04:27 PM
pb1300
BLEED RED

"I was only showing that we already had an unproven goalie of our own with even more potential already playing in the NHL for us."

Good stuff there Mr Simpson.

Old
02-14-2011, 04:29 PM
Isles_Guy*

Quote:
Originally Posted by FinlandPanther View Post
thats not true though LOL you can say that all you want, but it's not true.
it is true go look:

the Sound Tigers are 19-28-3-3 175 GA
the Rochester Americans are 23-26-3-2 169 GA

once again panther fans dont have their facts straight

Old
02-14-2011, 04:33 PM
FinlandPanther

Quote:
I wasnt the one asking for a top 3 pick for in unproven goalie, I was only showing that we already had an unproven goalie of our own with even more potential already playing in the NHL for us.

We didnt offer our guy for your 1st pound pick
LOL thats rich.

Old
02-14-2011, 04:35 PM
FinlandPanther

Quote:
it is true go look:

OMG!.... that doesn't mean anything you are a stat watcher and don't know anything. you have never even seen either prospect in the A. Do you know how many quality chances markstrom faces. A hell of alot, people around the A seem to think he's handling it quite well.

Old
02-14-2011, 04:36 PM
pb1300
BLEED RED

Quote:
it is true go look:

Oh my god, Rochester has allowed six less goals and won a whopping FOUR more games...what a powerhouse

How about you tell us why Poulin is soooo much more better than Markstrom? Tell how how has "more potential," without giving us stats. Ive seen both play, quite often to be honest, so lets see how wrong you really are.

Its good to be confident in your team and prospects, thats the whole point of the sport, but being cocky over a few months is just quite funny TBH.

Old
02-14-2011, 04:37 PM
mkearney913
Bob Ross

Quote:
based on what? your opinion ? Poulin was far superior to markstrom on a much worse AHL team, it wasnt even close

oh yes its gross

and koskinen was considered the best goalie in the draft last year so who you trying to fool

Markstrom lost to NJ in his first game so hes not better than Poulin, as kevin vastly out played Markstrom this year in both the AHL and NHL, oh and Poulins younger too

nice try though
Wow, you didn't even read the rest of my post, did you.

Is this the third grade to you? "My goalie's better than yours, so hah!"

I'm making an OBJECTIVE STATEMENT about a prospect. I'm saying this based on SCOUTING REPORTS, Markstrom has a higher ceiling, which is accurate. He's adjusting to the North American game, but his play in Sweden and internationally backs that statement up. Therefore, the proposal isn't openly mocking the Islanders.

I even said this proposal didn't make sense BECAUSE of Poulin and Koskinen. I'm just saying it's really not a slap in the face to get a top goaltending prospect in this scenario.

mkearney913 is offline   Reply With Quote