HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Buffalo Sabres
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

we need a backup goaltender

Old
02-14-2011, 12:28 AM
Jeremy2020

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vito_81 View Post
Plus it's in Montreal. Patty may up his game playing in his native Quebec.

Miller is way too burned out. We need to be able to rely on a backup down the stretch here. Before we can 100% write off Lalime, he deserves one final chance.
No, he doesn't. Not in Buffalo anyway. He's not the backup the Sabres need. I'm not throwing him under the bus because the team in front him has been awful, but he's a backup that needs more playing time than he will get here.

Jeremy2020 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2011, 12:39 AM
ZZamboni
Puttin' on the Foil

So Ruff plays Miller for all but 4-5 remaing games... Does anyone really think that at this point of the season Miller would benefit greatly from that? You know Ruff and his history of playing backups. Say the backup wins 2 out of 4 games. And say we actually make the playoffs (yea right), is Miller really that well rested to be a brick wall in the playoffs? Not likely. Unless Ruff plays (regardless of wins or losses) any backup starting 7-10 games, I find it highly unlikely Miller will be "rested" enough for any respectable (beyond the 1st round) playoff run. But Miller gives the team the best chance to win .... Damned if you do, damned if you don't rest Miller. Anyway you slice it, the Sabres are not doing anything worth while the rest of the season, playoffs or not. IMO

ZZamboni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2011, 12:43 AM
Grinder44

Nabokov. He won't play for the Islanders, so if they're smart they'd take a mid-round pick for his rights. Oh, wait, it's the Islanders. They'll sit on him just to spite him.

Grinder44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2011, 06:20 AM
barnell
butter knife hockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grinder44 View Post
Nabokov. He won't play for the Islanders, so if they're smart they'd take a mid-round pick for his rights. Oh, wait, it's the Islanders. They'll sit on him just to spite him.
What makes you think he'll play for Buffalo? He's made it pretty clear that he'll only report to a team that is a serious contender for a cup run. That's not really us.

barnell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2011, 07:31 AM
Duddy
Everyday is

Nabokov can't be traded.

I'm on the Telly wagon, but Isles would probably claim him.

What about Hasek?

Duddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2011, 07:33 AM
brian_griffin
Measured Intangibles

Is it necessary to waive Lalime? Don't roster limits expand either at or shortly after the trade deadline, such that BUF could simply sign someone (either now or then), and then call them up?

brian_griffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2011, 08:31 AM
msm29
Was htsportplaya

Miller is not burnt out right now. If he had played like this before the all-star break, this argument would've been valid.

The guy had 10 days rest. That's more than he would've had if there had been games then and Lalime started one of them. His head is pretty clearly not right (judging by his, um, "interaction" with the media last night), and it's sad, because this is the best our forwards have been playing since the beginning of last season.

Before the deadline the "worn out" argument made sense. Down the road, it still might. But right now, it holds no weight when attempting to make excuses for Miller's poor play.

msm29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2011, 08:36 AM
Hockeymad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeremy2020 View Post
No, he doesn't. Not in Buffalo anyway. He's not the backup the Sabres need. I'm not throwing him under the bus because the team in front him has been awful, but he's a backup that needs more playing time than he will get here.
Agreed... Lindy is a big part of this problem (not able to find a suitable backup for Miller). If he does not have faith in Patty, why not call up Enroth. Very frustrated.

Hockeymad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2011, 08:44 AM
HogtownSabresfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by DUDDY View Post
Nabokov can't be traded.

I'm on the Telly wagon, but Isles would probably claim him.

What about Hasek?
That is a very interesting idea. I like it.

HogtownSabresfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2011, 09:11 AM
Boose30

no mention about martin gerber? im sure edmonton would give him up for a 3rd or 4th rounder

Boose30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2011, 09:30 AM
SundherDome
Jhonas is an Ewok

You paid lalime..let him play. I think in his native Montreal with a playoff birth lerking and a potential race w the habs he will step his game up. I think he would allow 1 soft goal and 1 ok goal.

SundherDome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2011, 09:38 AM
HogtownSabresfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by VanekTheMvp View Post
You paid lalime..let him play. I think in his native Montreal with a playoff birth lerking and a potential race w the habs he will step his game up. I think he would allow 1 soft goal and 1 ok goal.
We will lose with him. Who cares if he's paid. That's not the reason to play him. Are you really Tom Golisano. You don't own the team any more.Leave the area.

HogtownSabresfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2011, 09:51 AM
punkr0x

Is there really anybody out there who would claim Lalime? Teams like the Islanders are better off letting their young guys play. I say bring Enroth up as the backup, make Lalime the first option in Portland and if he gets claimed, include an AHL goaltender in the Timmy trade.

punkr0x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2011, 02:07 PM
WhoIsJimBob
Circle the Bandwagon

Lalime, Butler, and a 3rd to Vancouver for Cory Schneider, please.

WhoIsJimBob is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2011, 02:11 PM
LHJMQFAN

Quote:
Originally Posted by punkr0x View Post
Is there really anybody out there who would claim Lalime? Teams like the Islanders are better off letting their young guys play. I say bring Enroth up as the backup, make Lalime the first option in Portland and if he gets claimed, include an AHL goaltender in the Timmy trade.
Well you got your wish. Enroth willl play tuesday in Monteal. He has been recalled...

LHJMQFAN is offline   Reply With Quote