HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > National Hockey League Talk > Polls - (hockey-related only)
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2

Phil Kessel vs Michael Grabner

View Poll Results: Phil the Franchise or Grawb the Austrian?
Kessel 142 65.74%
Grabner 74 34.26%
Voters: 216. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old
02-14-2011, 08:14 AM
Finnish Your Czechs

vCash: 500
I'll take the pudge face

Old
02-14-2011, 09:44 AM
tony d
Honey Nut Cheerios

Phil Kessel

Old
02-14-2011, 10:24 AM
Luck 6
\\_______

Interesting. At this point, you can't really make a case for Grabner over Kessel though. In a years time, this poll may look a lot more interesting.

Grabner just looks hungry in the NHL, both this season and last. He looks like he's really giving it his all and has taken everything that has happened in the past year with a grain of salt. He's traded from the best team in the league to one of the worst, who then waives him for nothing, and he is picked up by an even worse team. Well, he's certainly made the best of a bad situation, and I'm happy to see him excel in New York.

I still take Kessel right now, Grabner hasn't proved enough. As a Canucks fan though who has seen a lot of Grabner, he WILL be a 40 goal scorer in this league sooner rather than later.

Old
02-14-2011, 10:57 AM
dirk41

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luck 6 View Post
Grabner just looks hungry in the NHL
Kessel just looks hungry.

Old
02-14-2011, 10:58 AM
Bruins4Lifer
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeke View Post
"Latest Hot Streak" vs. Kessel threads rule.
Shouldn't you be posting this?

RW P.Kessel (23): 56gms, 19gls, 36pts, -19, 16pim, 19:40 (82gms, 28gls, 53pts, -28, 23pim)
RW M.Grabner (23): 52gms, 24gls, 33pts, +10, 6pim, 14:03 (82gms, 38gls, 52pts, +16, 9pim)

Old
02-14-2011, 12:27 PM
seanlinden

What is the Canucks-fan obsession with trolling the Leafs?? Should we start a poll on how Vancouver's blueline injuries may cost them a ridiculously good shot at the cup?

The rivalry amongst fans on these boards seems to be stronger than the Sens or Habs, and one is our longstanding rival, the other is our provincial rival. We play them 6 times a year and are in the same division. Vancouver we play twice a year (and that's only to ensure that the Western Canadian teams get Leaf-revenue every year).... in much less meaningful games.

The sad part is that most of the trolling gets started by Canucks fans... seems to be a real inferiority complex out there.

Old
02-14-2011, 12:31 PM
Bravid Nonahan
carlylol = القسوة

Send a message via AIM to Bravid Nonahan
Maybe I should have started a Grabovski vs Ovechkin Poll a couple of Weeks back.

Old
02-14-2011, 12:34 PM
mooseOAK*

Had to be either a Canucks fan or Bruins fan to start this.

Once teams start paying attention to Grabner he will come back to earth.

Old
02-14-2011, 12:36 PM
Bravid Nonahan
carlylol = القسوة

Hey guyz, who is bettar, Grabner or Tavarez???!!?

Old
02-14-2011, 12:57 PM
dirk41

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfried View Post
What is the Canucks-fan obsession with trolling the Leafs?? Should we start a poll on how Vancouver's blueline injuries may cost them a ridiculously good shot at the cup?

The rivalry amongst fans on these boards seems to be stronger than the Sens or Habs, and one is our longstanding rival, the other is our provincial rival. We play them 6 times a year and are in the same division. Vancouver we play twice a year (and that's only to ensure that the Western Canadian teams get Leaf-revenue every year).... in much less meaningful games.

The sad part is that most of the trolling gets started by Canucks fans... seems to be a real inferiority complex out there.

The Leafs and Canucks can't have a rivalry anymore than a nail can have a rivalry with a hammer.

Old
02-14-2011, 12:59 PM
Bravid Nonahan
carlylol = القسوة

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirk41 View Post
The Leafs and Canucks can't have a rivalry anymore than a nail can have a rivalry with a hammer.
Exactly.

But some fans on both sides think that there is one.

Old
02-14-2011, 01:02 PM
TML g u n n e R s*
EDC 2013

Send a message via MSN to TML g u n n e R s* Send a message via Yahoo to TML g u n n e R s* Send a message via Skype™ to TML g u n n e R s*
grabovski vs ovechkin. seems like a fair thread.

Old
02-14-2011, 01:09 PM
dirk41

Quote:
Originally Posted by TML g u n n e R s View Post
grabovski vs ovechkin. seems like a fair thread.
After two Hart trophies, Alex Ovechkin gets the benefit of the doubt when he struggles. Phil Kessel has not earned the same kind of benefit of the doubt.

A better thread would be Grabovski, acquired by Cliff Fletcher for a second round pick, v. Kessel, acquired by Brian Burke for two first round picks and a second round pick.

Old
02-14-2011, 01:10 PM
TML g u n n e R s*
EDC 2013

Send a message via MSN to TML g u n n e R s* Send a message via Yahoo to TML g u n n e R s* Send a message via Skype™ to TML g u n n e R s*
Quote:
After two Hart trophies, Alex Ovechkin gets the benefit of the doubt when he struggles. Phil Kessel has not earned the same kind of benefit of the doubt.
but he beat cancer.

Old
02-14-2011, 01:58 PM
zeke
#freewilly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruins4Lifer View Post
Shouldn't you be posting this?

RW P.Kessel (23): 56gms, 19gls, 36pts, -19, 16pim, 19:40 (82gms, 28gls, 53pts, -28, 23pim)
RW M.Grabner (23): 52gms, 24gls, 33pts, +10, 6pim, 14:03 (82gms, 38gls, 52pts, +16, 9pim)
Grabner > Horton

Old
02-14-2011, 02:44 PM
Diamonddog01

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfried View Post

Simply because you dislike and laugh at something doesn't mean you believe you have a rivalry with it. If I hated George Bush and enjoyed poking fun at him does it mean I viewed him as a personal rival?

As for the poll, I'll take the better player right now - Michael Grabner. More goals, better plus minus with inferior linemates and on a worse team.

As well - having seen Grabner in Vancouver, at least the guy tries. And attempts to utilize his teammates, far prefer having a player like that than a selfish, whining, unmotivated and lazy player like Kessel.

Last edited by Diamonddog01: 02-14-2011 at 02:50 PM.
Old
02-14-2011, 03:19 PM
MoreMogilny
Cap'n

Quote:
Originally Posted by YogiCanucks View Post
I think it's pretty clear by this point that neither of them have "it". Neither will be legitimate first line players but they still can bring some useful scoring and skill to their respective teams.
What? Kessel is most certainly a first line player. He is having a bad season, but man, think about it for a second before you say something like that. I love how easy it is to pit Kessel against whoever is on a hot streak lately because of how miserable his season is going. Not to take anything away from Grabner who has been great lately, but he is playing lights out and has been involved in a couple very high scoring games.

I find it funny how Grabner has had so many votes.

He is the exact same age as Kessel, and so far in the NHL hasn't proved anything for a considerable length of time.

Kessel already has two 30 goal seasons, (one of which was 36 in 70 games at only 21, the other was 30 in 70 games) while Grabner is on pace to equal Kessel's career high in goals (but 11 less points) playing 8 more games.

Kessel is certainly having a bad season. He hasn't scored in 14 games right now, and nothing is going right for him at all. I do laugh at anyone who says he doesn't use his linemates, or is selfish, or even whiny. I'm not saying Grabner can't be the better player, but how about we wait until he keeps up his pace for more than 3/4 of a season.

Old
02-14-2011, 03:46 PM
dirk41

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoreMogilny View Post

I find it funny how Grabner has had so many votes.

He is the exact same age as Kessel, and so far in the NHL hasn't proved anything for a considerable length of time.
Grabner has played in a grand total of 72 NHL games (he has scored 29 goals). Is 72 games really a considerable length of time?

(Kessel has played in 348).

Old
02-14-2011, 04:03 PM
MoreMogilny
Cap'n

Quote:
Grabner has played in a grand total of 72 NHL games (he has scored 29 goals). Is 72 games really a considerable length of time?

Thank you for making my point.

Old
02-14-2011, 04:58 PM
Vladimir Tarasenko*

Quote:

exactly...one is 23 and hasn't been able to make the NHL till this season and is currently on a hot streak.

the other is also 23 and has had back to back 30 goal seasons and has been the leading scorer on his team both times.

Old
02-14-2011, 05:12 PM
dirk41

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoreMogilny View Post
Thank you for making my point.
It's a prosaic point. How can a player prove anything in the NHL when he isn't given a chance to actually play in the NHL?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vladimir Tarasenko View Post
exactly...one is 23 and hasn't been able to make the NHL till this season and is currently on a hot streak.
He's scored 29 goals in his first 72 NHL games. You can't just dismiss that as a hot streak.

Old
02-14-2011, 05:18 PM
MoreMogilny
Cap'n

Quote:
It's a prosaic point. How can a player prove anything in the NHL when he isn't given a chance to actually play in the NHL?

He's scored 29 goals in his first 72 NHL games. You can't just dismiss that as a hot streak.
I merely meant that they are the same age, and Kessel has accomplished a lot more.

I'm not saying Grabner isn't good, or can't turn out better than Kessel, just that he hasn't proven anything in the NHL for an extended period of time.

Proven vs unproven.

Old
02-14-2011, 05:43 PM
Vladimir Tarasenko*

Quote:

Yeah and Bozak had like 40 something points in his first 73 or so nhl games...I guess last year wasn't a fluke after all

Old
02-14-2011, 06:16 PM
seanlinden

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diamonddog01 View Post
Simply because you dislike and laugh at something doesn't mean you believe you have a rivalry with it. If I hated George Bush and enjoyed poking fun at him does it mean I viewed him as a personal rival?

As for the poll, I'll take the better player right now - Michael Grabner. More goals, better plus minus with inferior linemates and on a worse team.

As well - having seen Grabner in Vancouver, at least the guy tries. And attempts to utilize his teammates, far prefer having a player like that than a selfish, whining, unmotivated and lazy player like Kessel.
Actually, creating threads simply to make fun of other fans is considered an offence on these boards. The word used here is trolling.

The fact that Vancouer fans dislike Toronto enough to start these troll-threads really shows some unhealthy obsessions, lack of maturity, and a serious inferiority comlpex. It's rather unfortunate that this seems to extend throughout the entire vancouver fanbase.

Old
02-14-2011, 06:17 PM
Megan Fox
ლ(◉◞౪◟◉ )ლ

Quote:
Originally Posted by YogiCanucks View Post
Let's put everything aside, don't think about draft position, team they play for, how much they make $$$, the fact one was an all star and the other was a rookie all star, or the fact one cost Seguin++ and the other was a waiver pick up. Just honestly put all else aside and vote.

Who would you rather have going forward out of the two (rather streaky) skilled players? They are easily in the same conversation here.
Overall, a pretty decent attempt at trolling.

B-

Closed Thread