HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Player of the Game & The Good, The Bad, The Redden: Game #58 vs. Pittsburgh Penguins

View Poll Results: Game Talk Player of the Game: Game #58 vs. Pittsburgh Penguins
Artem Anisimov 7 5.98%
Sean Avery 0 0%
Brian Boyle 5 4.27%
Ryan Callahan 93 79.49%
Brandon Dubinsky 1 0.85%
Dan Girardi 0 0%
Henrik Lundqvist 0 0%
Ryan McDonagh 1 0.85%
Michael Sauer 0 0%
Marc Staal 8 6.84%
Other 2 1.71%
Voters: 117. You may not vote on this poll

Old
02-14-2011, 01:45 PM
we want cup
We do not Sow

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimp View Post
You people are simply put ridiculous. You bash Hank for allowing three goals? Let's see here.

You whine that he was "flopping around on the ice" on the first goal. Yes, that first goal when he was left completely alone with an uncontested shooter in front of the net and had to single handedly take care of the rebound as well. He "flopped", to cut the ice for the rebound. Not a D-man in sight. A scramble ensues, the puck ends up further up ice and is redirected into the net off one of our own D-men. How about the other 5 pylons on the ice that lost puck battle after puck battle and left the most important area in the defensive zone completely unguarded? Even if he stood up in position, he probably wouldn't have saved that goal. But no, Hank's fault. WTF?

Then there's a breakaway. Hank almost has it, but he scores. Another goal that is apparently Hank's fault. Yeah, how dare he disappoint our defense like that? The only goal he had a chance on, but when you blame breakaways on the goalie, you have issues.

Then there's another deflection goal and you blame Hank is down too early. WTF? Do you have any idea what you're talking about? Apparently not.

And then you whine that Hank was down on the ice too much during the first half of the game. Maybe, just maybe - from what I saw - that had something to do with that the puck constantly ended up in scrums in front of the net and that there were constant screened shots where Hank couldn't see the puck. What do you do when you lose vision of the puck? You play the numbers you morons. Don't ask me what that means if you seriously don't know. I've tried to explain it maybe 20 times and I'm done with it.

I'm seriously done posting here, because the average knowledge level here is ridiculously low, not to mention the collective ADHD syndrome. I really hope he some day gets traded from this team to a competitive organisation, so you can have fun really whining at the goaltending.
People who bash goalies generally don't seem to understand that not all goals are created equal. Does Henrik let in a beach ball now and then? Yeah. But so do all other goalies (and they do it much more often). Henrik's style ensures that most nights he's going to stop a lot of pucks. Sometimes he won't get the bounces, and sometimes players are just going to take good shots from good scoring positions.

RANGERS =
we want cup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2011, 02:15 PM
Inferno
HFB Partner

it wasnt just the goals henrik allowed, it was how he looked in net. Ive seen games where Henrik has given up 5 and 6 goals but looked tremendous in net, stopping pucks most goalies dont.

Henrik was fighting it yesterday, it got better as the game progressed, but he wasnt the Henrik we're all accustomed to. Any non swede objective fan would realize that ;-)

Inferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2011, 05:21 PM
fiedy88

I shot a good amount of footage yesterday at the game, mostly warm-ups, if you guys wanna check it out:

fiedy88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2011, 05:38 PM
Nosferatos

How was Zuke yesterday? Had to work yesterday so I couldn't see the game.

Nosferatos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2011, 05:44 PM
fiedy88

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nosferatos View Post
i know he got at least a point. he got slammed hard into a corner during one play too, but he was alright.

fiedy88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2011, 05:47 PM
Wraparounds
Powerful Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nosferatos View Post
Minimal icetime. Replaced Wolski on the point on the PP when get hurt, did okay.

Looks like everything is done, front page complete!

Wraparounds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2011, 06:02 PM
Nosferatos

Thanks!

Nosferatos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2011, 06:05 PM
Fitzy
All Is Well

Zucc has settled a little bit, and is still very one dimensional, but I think he is here for the remainder of the season based on his play.

Hard to send a guy down who is on pace for over a 40 point season. He just has some areas of his game that still need work.

He brings more to the team than Christensen does right now, certainly.

Dubi-Prospal-Gaborik
Wolski-Stepan-Callahan
Avery-Anisimov-Zuccarello
Fedotenko-Boyle-Prust

is what i'd expect when fully healthy. Or something along those lines.

02-14-2011, 06:21 PM
Dorado*

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiedy88 View Post
i know he got at least a point. he got slammed hard into a corner during one play too, but he was alright.
He made a few defensive plays as well yesterday

Dorado* is offline   Reply With Quote