HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Dallas Stars
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Blindenbacher recalled (reassigned 11/30)

Old
12-07-2010, 03:28 AM
Kritter471

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Kritter471
Blindenbacher may be further ahead in terms of immediate ability, but he is far behind Larsen in terms of potential ability and role in the Stars future plans. Both of those are much more pressing factors when it comes to looking at a decision like this. He is also 7-8 years older than Larsen, a factor that works against him in this case.

To steal baseball terminology, Blindenbacher is considered an organizational player, a Triple-A guy who might get a cup of coffee in the major leagues. Larsen is a prospect who is expected to be a full time, top-level player. He will get the benefit of the doubt while Blindenbacher will not. That's not to say Blindenbacher is fodder - organizational players can work their way into prospect status with their performance. But he's clearly behind Larsen on the "important future players" chart at this point.

(Somewhere, HF is cleaning her screen to make sure it's really me typing this. I know it.)

Kritter471 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2010, 03:34 AM
TheNextOneX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kritter471 View Post
Blindenbacher may be further ahead in terms of immediate ability, but he is far behind Larsen in terms of potential ability and role in the Stars future plans. Both of those are much more pressing factors when it comes to looking at a decision like this. He is also 7-8 years older than Larsen, a factor that works against him in this case.

To steal baseball terminology, Blindenbacher is considered an organizational player, a Triple-A guy who might get a cup of coffee in the major leagues. Larsen is a prospect who is expected to be a full time, top-level player. He will get the benefit of the doubt while Blindenbacher will not. That's not to say Blindenbacher is fodder - organizational players can work their way into prospect status with their performance. But he's clearly behind Larsen on the "important future players" chart at this point.

(Somewhere, HF is cleaning her screen to make sure it's really me typing this. I know it.)
Larsen may also be a bust. So far, no Danish prospect made it to the NHL and had become a superstar.

The fact is Blindenbacher is much much much better than Larsen and should have considered to be in the lineup a lot sooner than this danish guy.

Let Blindenbacher play next time u call him up.

WHAT A HUGE WASTE OF TIME.

TheNextOneX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2010, 10:09 AM
Karitimes
JetsJetsJets

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheNextOneX View Post
Larsen may also be a bust. So far, no Danish prospect made it to the NHL and had become a superstar.

The fact is Blindenbacher is much much much better than Larsen and should have considered to be in the lineup a lot sooner than this danish guy.

Let Blindenbacher play next time u call him up.

WHAT A HUGE WASTE OF TIME.
Seeing where you're from I somewhat understand the way you feel about Blindenbacher. I like his game too, and hope he will someday be a regular in Dallas. Why must you knock the Danes though? If Blindenbacher could skate like Larsen, he would have been in the NHL 7 years ago.

Karitimes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2010, 11:26 AM
piqued

vCash: 3722
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kritter471 View Post
I find it very funny that you chose to use a baseball analogy to explain something to someone from Switzerland.

piqued is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2010, 11:29 AM
Nullus Reverentia

The diffrence between a AAA player in baseball and Blindenbacher is Blindenbacher is good enough to be in our top 6, hes sure as hell better than Niskanen, and on par with several others.

Nullus Reverentia is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2010, 11:52 AM
Chad_

Quote:
Originally Posted by Errettung View Post
The diffrence between a AAA player in baseball and Blindenbacher is Blindenbacher is good enough to be in our top 6, hes sure as hell better than Niskanen, and on par with several others.
You know this . . . how? How many times have you seen Blindenbacher play?

Chad_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2010, 12:03 PM
torero

The Blindenbacher situation is clear ... since they recalled him, the team is playing very well !! therefore their is no reason to change a winning team.

In fact he was even recalled to replace Woyvitka, because Woyvitka wasn't deemed reliable ...
From the day where Blindenbacher was recalled, Woyvitka played very well ... assisting for some goals ... and geting some 20 minutes ice time. The team went into a winning streak (until the Columbus game).

Therefore Blindenbacher was scrached ... and sent down again. Logical ! nothing agains him ! simply the window of opportunity closed down. let's wait the next window.

++

It may be a waste of time for Blindenbacher ... but the Stars have their schedule and their priorities. And since, so far they rank 2nd with 34 points in the conference, they made the right choices and took care of the right priorities.

The Swiss following Swiss players abroad just hope that the Stars will not mess around and waste an opportunity for a (for us) decent player. It remotely remembers us Stephan, backup goalie behind Turco who was treated incoherently (had no games ... went out of shape ... and finally lost credit in Dallas ... was fired) ... by Typett who was fired later.

++

As per the AAA player (baseball ... ) as a matter of fact it is not a very clear exemple for us, some people play baseball ... I appreciate your effort and thank you for it

I understood that he was a project ... not a young player in developpment phase.
Therefore some time will be given to adjust to NA rinks (smaller) ... and a bit more if he proves to have a good potential ... but not much more. While the other young guy that was talked about prior in this thread is a young gun ... in progress. A longer term project. (young player in development phase).

torero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2010, 06:19 PM
torero

I wasn't aware that Larsen was being played in the Stars on the dec.4th !!

That is a bit strange ! we have to admit ... or they gave up on Blindenbacher! That is also possible. Else the logic would say that they aren't convinced about Blindenbacher yet.

Maybe at the time they contracted Blindenbacher ... They didn't imagine that Larsen would develop the way he is !? 9 assists in 18 games in AHL!. Therefore it was a priority to see how he progresses !
As a substitute becomes interesting ... Blindenbacher looses its atractiveness !

who knows !

Any input or insight into this move would be highly appreciated...

Old
12-07-2010, 07:06 PM
Nullus Reverentia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chad_ View Post
You know this . . . how? How many times have you seen Blindenbacher play?
If I see Adhte having a Texas stream, I watch it. So 3 or 4 times this season. Twice Blindenbacher was playing, and he definitely looked better than Niskanen. Olympics last year aswell.

Niskanen has been Dallas's worst defensemen easily, worse than Woywitka.

Old
12-07-2010, 08:39 PM
Dr GLU

Quote:
Originally Posted by torero View Post
I wasn't aware that Larsen was being played in the Stars on the dec.4th !!
He didn't play much. Mostly PP time. He was dressed because they weren't sure Daley could play his normal minutes with an injury. Once they saw he was fine, Larsen was back to being a healthy scratch.

Dr GLU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-17-2010, 08:31 PM
torero

No scooter parked in front of the entry of the AT & T center in San Antonio ?

someone knows why ?

Old
12-18-2010, 12:29 PM
Cin
Eurosnob.

Severin has been injured twice this season for us, so it's obvious to me why he hasn't been called up much at all. When he was called up and didn't play however, I have no clue. He's definitely better than Skrastins, Niskanen, and Woywitka. He hits, he can skate (not sure why some people think he can't) and he can shoot very, very well. Only reason I see them having him down here is because of Crawford unfortunately.

Cin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-18-2010, 05:40 PM
torero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cin View Post
Severin has been injured twice this season for us, so it's obvious to me why he hasn't been called up much at all. When he was called up and didn't play however, I have no clue. He's definitely better than Skrastins, Niskanen, and Woywitka. He hits, he can skate (not sure why some people think he can't) and he can shoot very, very well. Only reason I see them having him down here is because of Crawford unfortunately.
Sorry ... i didn't understand why he didn't play against San Antonio.
I saw some roster movements ... 2 players reassigned to the Texas Stars from Dallas Stars ...

but was he simply scratched for 1 of these 2 players against San Antonio ? or is he injured again ? or their is not explanation available for the time being ?

tks in advance

Old
12-19-2010, 02:22 PM
Cin
Eurosnob.

I'm not sure why he was scratched either. Last night he didn't get to play again, sooooo who knows : /

Old
12-19-2010, 03:21 PM
vofty

Mark said that he knows Blindenbacher got dinged up against Manitoba and hasn't played since but he doesn't know what specifically is wrong. So sounds like he's hurt.

vofty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-19-2010, 03:29 PM
piqued

vCash: 3722
Yeah, these things are usually just minor injuries that never get reported on because there's no beat writer.

piqued is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-19-2010, 05:09 PM
torero

Quote:
Originally Posted by piqued1457 View Post
Yeah, these things are usually just minor injuries that never get reported on because there's no beat writer.
tks guys !

Old
02-14-2011, 02:38 PM
vofty

Headed back to Europe.
http://sportsblogs.star-telegram.com...xas-stars.html
Quote:
``It's been a rough season for him with the concussion and everything, and he just decided it wasn't working out,'' Nieuwendyk said.

vofty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2011, 02:55 PM
DaStars99
Purdue Alumnus

well that is a bummer, oh well hopefully he is able to get healthy over there.

DaStars99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2011, 04:03 PM
Nullus Reverentia

Maybe we actually should have given him a shot...

Old
02-14-2011, 04:18 PM
MB94
@MBFarina94

So what, we released him? Or he just went to Europe for the remainder of the season?

MB94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2011, 05:48 PM
jonas2244

I guess he'll be put on waivers and if he clears they will cancel his contract.

He cannot play in Europe this season because there are no more transfers possible, at least hockeyfans.ch says so. I don't know the situation if he is a Free-Agent.
If he's healthy he will be a candidate for the World Championship.

jonas2244 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2011, 07:25 PM
Cin
Eurosnob.

This organization treats FA Euros like ****. Severin was the man and definitely could've played ahead of Niskanen, Woywika, and Skrastins. He's a ****in Olympian for god sakes.

Old
02-14-2011, 07:33 PM
MetalGodAOD*
Star Rangers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cin View Post
This organization treats FA Euros like ****. Severin was the man and definitely could've played ahead of Niskanen, Woywika, and Skrastins. He's a ****in Olympian for god sakes.
He never really got into stride down in AHL cuz of the injuries, and he would have cost more to bring up than others. It's not surprising but its not exactly like he earned NHL time.

MetalGodAOD* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2011, 07:45 PM
Cin
Eurosnob.

Vincour had two more points than him when he got called up. Oh, and that's 12 points, nothing too special about that. Severin checks, shoots, and can actually skate, had any of you guys actually seen him play, you'd see that he was on a different level of thinking than the other D (not including Fortunas)