HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Dubinsky's next contract

Old
02-14-2011, 11:31 PM
I Am Chariot
One shift at a time

vCash: 500
Dubinsky's next contract

He's currently at 1.85 and a RFA this summer.

He could very well end up leading the team in pts this season.

What do you think he'll ask for?

What do you think Sather will offer?

Considering he was a holdout last time after asking for what some reported to be 4 mill per, what do you think of dealing him now while he's hot?

It might make sense, especially if they think he will ask for too much $$/hold out again. I remember there was a lot of frustration around him missing camp last time.

02-14-2011, 11:33 PM
Wraparounds
Powerful Wizard

$4.25 million/6 years.

Wraparounds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2011, 11:34 PM
Blatant
Formerly NYRFan1823

He will ask for 4.5 around 6 yeas, which is not that bad. Sather will ask for 3 years @3.75. I say he gets around 4 Mil- 4.25 Mil, not sure on the length.

Blatant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2011, 11:35 PM
17futurecap

5 for 21 seems reasonable.

17futurecap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2011, 11:40 PM
TrollololBoyle

It would be a steal if it was anywhere from $3 to $4 million, a little to much if it is $4.75 million or over in my opinion.

TrollololBoyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2011, 11:43 PM
OverTheCap

He won't hold out, he's arbitration eligible. He doesn't like what Sather offers him, he takes him to arbitration. These negotiations are entirely different from last time since Dubinsky has more leverage now. I think his cap hit will be around $4 million.

OverTheCap is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2011, 11:45 PM
I Am Chariot
One shift at a time

Yea... well the wrinkle here is the other RFA

Brian Boyle @ 525k - due a raise

Ryan Callahan @ 2.3 mill - ?

Artem Anisimov @ 850k due a raise

Sauer @ 500k due a raise

I Am Chariot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2011, 11:48 PM
I Am Chariot
One shift at a time

Quote:
Originally Posted by OverTheCap View Post
He won't hold out, he's arbitration eligible. He doesn't like what Sather offers him, he takes him to arbitration. These negotiations are entirely different from last time since Dubinsky has more leverage now. I think his cap hit will be around $4 million.
I understand this.... makes me wonder if Sather would be more apt to deal him now for the right return.

Something he said the other day about liking the depth on the team and that a deal might be the right move if the return was right.

Old
02-15-2011, 12:01 AM
clmetsfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chariot View Post
Yea... well the wrinkle here is the other RFA

Brian Boyle @ 525k - due a raise

Ryan Callahan @ 2.3 mill - ?

Artem Anisimov @ 850k due a raise

Sauer @ 500k due a raise
Boyle should get somewhere between 1.5-2, Callahan around 3.5, Anisimov around 1.5-2, and Sauer a little under 1.

So that's an added 2.5-3.5 million. Should be enough to give Dubinsky what he wants.

clmetsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2011, 12:13 AM
Machinehead
Hank, pls

Staal got just under 5 for 5, so I'd say something along those lines, because right now the two are of similar value imo.

I want to sign him for, at the very least, 5 years. If I see a guy around his age that I wanna keep, I always look to sign this type of player to a long term contract, because he's at the age where he's old enough so that we already know he's solid and not a bust, but he's young enough so that he still may increase in value. You don't want to have to sign him again in 2 or 3 years if his value goes up, cause then we could be looking at close to, or over, six million. What if he stays all healthy all next season and scores around 35 goals? I don't want to have to sign him too short a time after that because it gives him leverage to break the bank.

Machinehead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2011, 12:15 AM
Inferno
HFB Partner

id like to lock him up in the 5-6 year range at around 3.75-4.25 area.

Inferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2011, 12:29 AM
I Am Chariot
One shift at a time

No one wants to even spec on parlaying his season into a better player?

Old
02-15-2011, 12:30 AM
OverTheCap

Quote:
I understand this.... makes me wonder if Sather would be more apt to deal him now for the right return.

Something he said the other day about liking the depth on the team and that a deal might be the right move if the return was right.
Sather also said that he won't deal any valuable pieces and is happy that the young guys are finally taking ownership of the team. It doesn't sound like Dubinsky is going anywhere, and it's not like he will cost so much that the team will no longer be able to afford him.

OverTheCap is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2011, 12:31 AM
I Am Chariot
One shift at a time

The way I see it the team never competes with the real contenders until they have at least 2 elite forwards. Is Dubi one of those guys? Is Cally? Artem?

I don't see it happening so if someone has to go in a package to acquire and/or make cap room for that other elite forward Id rather it be Dubi than Cally.

Skill and Cap wise

The real trick is getting another team to give up that kind of talent

Old
02-15-2011, 01:20 AM
BrandNewDream

Quote:
Originally Posted by Machinehead View Post
Staal got just under 5 for 5, so I'd say something along those lines, because right now the two are of similar value imo.
Staal is at 3.975.

BrandNewDream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2011, 01:55 AM
Chalfdiggity3

Quote:
The way I see it the team never competes with the real contenders until they have at least 2 elite forwards. Is Dubi one of those guys? Is Cally? Artem?

I don't see it happening so if someone has to go in a package to acquire and/or make cap room for that other elite forward Id rather it be Dubi than Cally.

Skill and Cap wise

The real trick is getting another team to give up that kind of talent
WHAT!? you would trade dubinsky before Anisimov? Id rather trade Anisimov, avery, and a prospect in a package for an elite forward, along with hopefully signing Richards.

Chalfdiggity3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2011, 04:54 AM
Machinehead
Hank, pls

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrandNewDream View Post
Staal is at 3.975.
Right, I meant just under 4 for 5. I hit the wrong key and didn't even realize

Machinehead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2011, 06:42 AM
GAGLine

Quote:
No one wants to even spec on parlaying his season into a better player?
Can we stop with the attempts to trade him already? It's getting old. This is all we heard after his holdout. He's inconsistent! He held out, Slats is gonna trade him! Trade him now while his value is high!

Now that he's broken out and is producing consistently, you still think we can somehow trade him for a better player? We aren't trading him straight up for a better player, so we'd have to give up additional assets, and whoever we get is undoubtably going to cost more. What possible purpose could be served by trading arguably our best foward?

Ryan Kesler is a player anyone would want on their team. I've made the comparison between him and Dubi before. When Kesler was 24, he had 26g 33a in 82 games. Dubi is on pace for 27g 33a in 75 games.

GAGLine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2011, 06:59 AM
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller

Sauer is getting more than under a million.

Sauer is arbitration eligible.

Quote:
Of course, not all Group 2 free agents have salary arbitration rights and there is no simple way to know if a player has arbitration rights or not, but the following two scenarios encompass the vast majority of players who will have that right:

1) Players who have four years or more of professional experience under NHL contract. (The exception to this rule is for players who started their pro careers in the 2004-05 lockout season, as that year does not count for determining salary arbitration eligibility).

2) Players whose age at signing their first NHL contract plus their number of years of pro experience under NHL contract adds up to 24 or more. For example, David Clarkson signed with the New Jersey Devils as an overage junior at age 21 and has been under NHL contract for three years, so he has arbitration rights. David Backes of the St. Louis Blues also has salary arbitration rights even though he has been a pro for only two seasons because he was 22 years old at signing.
http://www.thehockeynews.com/article...on-rights.html

Sauer has 4 years of pro experience. Sauer signed his ELC at 20. 3 years. Signed a 1 year deal last summer. 4 years. 24.

He qualifies for salary arbitration in both examples.

The Rangers gave Dan Girardi 2 years/$3.1M at the same stage of Sauer's career. Sauer has played top 4 minutes since the Rozsival trade. In fact,Sauer's development allowed the Rangers to finalize the Rozsival for Wolski trade. A 2 year deal for Sauer makes him a group II again and he is one year away from group III if the group III age remains at 27. It's not going any lower in the next CBA.

RangerBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2011, 07:15 AM
Ola

The longer term for these guys, the better.

Just imagine if Staal went to arbitration this summer. I am not sure about compareables, but Id bet his agent would aim at like 6m or something like that. Thats a lot of money we are saving over the coming years...

It seems like with a longterm deal, you loose money your first year and then saves money the rest of the 3-4 years. Thats the biatch with having no cap-room, you cannot really manage your cap well.

Ola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2011, 07:55 AM
Miller Time NYR
Wrong^

Dubi- 3.75-4.25, maybe lower with bonuses. @5-6
Cali- 2.5-3.5 @ 4
Anisimov-1.25-1.75 @2-3
Sauer- 1 @3
Boyle- 1-1.5 @ 2-3
all the above and in a happy camper.

Miller Time NYR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2011, 08:11 AM
BrooklynRangersFan
Change is good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rangerdanger20 View Post
Dubi- 3.75-4.25, maybe lower with bonuses. @5-6
Cali- 2.5-3.5 @ 4
Anisimov-1.25-1.75 @2-3
Sauer- 1 @3
Boyle- 1-1.5 @ 2-3
all the above and in a happy camper.
Under the current CBA only 35+ contracts and ELCs can contain bonuses.

BrooklynRangersFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2011, 08:18 AM
Vitto79

to me Callahan and Dubinsky are a wash in value. If Cally was healthy all year his numbers would be similar and he does the little things a little better like blocking shots/PK

All I know is Sather is in an interesting spot cause he has to lock them up long term but he also wants to save a few bucks to sign a Big UFA like Richards

If they can't sign Richards and he goes back to Dallas I may be for improving the D with a guy like Kaberle at around 4-5 million. Hopefully he can try out for that spot soon

Vitto79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2011, 09:37 AM
Lion Hound
@JoeTucc26

Quote:
He's currently at 1.85 and a RFA this summer.

He could very well end up leading the team in pts this season.

What do you think he'll ask for?

What do you think Sather will offer?

Considering he was a holdout last time after asking for what some reported to be 4 mill per, what do you think of dealing him now while he's hot?

It might make sense, especially if they think he will ask for too much $$/hold out again. I remember there was a lot of frustration around him missing camp last time.
I hate…and I mean I truly hate the idea of trading him. He is the NY Rangers best player right now. He is a homegrown American born player and a product of the system, drafted and developed by the organization. He is physical, he plays a two way game. He’s their best faceoff guy, and he’s not even playing Center anymore. He has more game winners over the past three seasons than anyone on the team. But…The guy loves it here. He wants to be here and be a NY Ranger. He wants to win here. He’s the full package. When the earlier talks of him getting traded for guys like Cogliano, or Connoly it really makes me scratch my head. Guys like Dubi, Boyle, or Cally and I will lump them all in the same category are guys that exemplify what I would want my team built around.

For a contract I think long term is the way to go. No 2 or 3 year deal. I would shoot for a 5-7 year deal with a cap hit of say $4.125-$4.5mil. Put some bonus money in there and front load the contract so that he gets 5 mil in the first two seasons, and then like 2mil in the last year to make it appealing to lower teams if at the end of 5 or 7 years they are looking to deal. Thus should be Glens longest contract of the offseason, and while were at it…Why wait for the offseason? Why not bang it out now and get it over with. Show him, and the team that these are the guys they are looking build around.

Lion Hound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2011, 10:18 AM
Mint Berry Crunch
hfbrods pls...

Send a message via AIM to Mint Berry Crunch
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chalfdiggity3 View Post
WHAT!? you would trade dubinsky before Anisimov? Id rather trade Anisimov, avery, and a prospect in a package for an elite forward, along with hopefully signing Richards.
Good luck with that.

Mint Berry Crunch is offline   Reply With Quote