HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Deadline

Old
02-14-2011, 01:13 PM
WartracePred

vCash: 500
I'd be surprised if Sulzer goes to Montreal for picks and Johnson is recalled to replace Sulzer. Sure Johnson has lots of NHL experience, but has been stuck in the AHL all season. If our hand is forced by injury, I can understand bringing Johnson up at this crucial point of the season. But I don't think we do this unless we are forced.

If Trotz and Poile were comfortable with Johnson, why not trade Sulzer earlier in the year and bring Johnson up sooner.

We've all been saying that a trade for a veteran D-man would help. And though bringing Johnson up from MIL is not necessarily a trade, the idea is the same. I just don't think Johnson is veteran presence we need.

WartracePred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2011, 01:15 PM
BigFatCat999
I love GoOoOlD

Well, people are getting healthy. With Svatos, Goc, and potentially Tootoo a player on the forward side has to go and Spaling is the only one who can go to Milwaukee.

Unless a trade is made to clear a forward.

BigFatCat999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2011, 01:28 PM
WartracePred

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigFatCat999 View Post
Well, people are getting healthy. With Svatos, Goc, and potentially Tootoo a player on the forward side has to go and Spaling is the only one who can go to Milwaukee.

Unless a trade is made to clear a forward.
Trading Tootoo is something I would hate on an emotional level, but it makes sense with our younger guys coming up. Would you rather have Spaling or Tootoo on the 4th line? Without his trip to rehab, he would have held good trade value. Now I don't know.

Old
02-14-2011, 01:33 PM
token grinder
formerly sirryan189

Quote:
Originally Posted by PredsV82 View Post
again, I want to see josi or blum, but not now. there is a learning cirve for rookies and they dont need to be going through that during the stretch run and the playoffs.

this would make so much more sense in the summer...

if poile trades a roster Dman, with Cube questionable, I would almost bet the house that he will make a deal for an upgraded rental Dman as well.
yes there is a learning curve, but it wouldn't be the first time we have called on a young defenseman from milwaukee to play big playoff minutes. (weber)

token grinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2011, 01:35 PM
token grinder
formerly sirryan189

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joetimo View Post
Habs fans say they want Obrien... Could we move dumont and shane for AK and something? Poile would have to make a trade for another D man but I could see that working...
if tootoo returns to playing and travelling with the team, I would trade O'Brien.

Old
02-14-2011, 01:36 PM
token grinder
formerly sirryan189

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paranoid Android View Post
But why would they send a full team of scouts for a week for a #7 dman?

My brain wants to agree with you, but my heart is hoping it's more
Sulzer is a 7th dman on this team. Bad teams he would prob be a 3-4, good teams a 5-6.

Old
02-14-2011, 01:38 PM
token grinder
formerly sirryan189

Quote:
Slake: in your experience does a team send a group of three scouts and their GM for a week for pretty much nothing?
Do not forget Nashville has three potential buyers in town this week as well in SJ, Van, and Pho.

Old
02-14-2011, 02:06 PM
BigFatCat999
I love GoOoOlD

Interesting side effect of the Fisher trade. Now Nashville has a big contract expiring every year for the next 5 years:

Sullivan this year
Dumont next year
Fisher, the year after that
Legwand
and then Erat

That's

3.75 Million
4 Million
3 million
3.5 Million
2.25 Million

Old
02-14-2011, 02:33 PM
I Will Son
An Army of One

Ive said since the Fisher trade Poile isnt done... He may just surprise Nashville again.... I love the excitement of the trade deadline

I Will Son is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2011, 02:37 PM
BigFatCat999
I love GoOoOlD

Someone on the main thread brought up something. Lombardi is shut down. That means he's LTIR elligible. That's a nice chunk of cash the Canadian's to do to go over the cap.....

He's on regular IR which means he can still be traded.

Old
02-14-2011, 02:44 PM
I Will Son
An Army of One

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigFatCat999 View Post
Someone on the main thread brought up something. Lombardi is shut down. That means he's LTIR elligible. That's a nice chunk of cash the Canadian's to do to go over the cap.....

He's on regular IR which means he can still be traded.
What kind of a deal would be made if that were the case?

I Will Son is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2011, 04:11 PM
glenngineer
HFB Partner

I can't see us moving Sulzer or O'Brien at this point. We have 6 healthy NHL defensemen with Bouillon hopefully coming back from a concussion. Why make a move that will make us weaker? O'Brien has been a nice addition to the PK and adds toughness to our roster.

If anything, I think we unload a forward on Montreal even though their team needs are on the blue line. Lots of time when writers talk about one thing, the GM is thinking something completely different.

And no thank you to AK. SK seems to be settling in nicely here, he doesn't need his brother here. Why put a shadow on him when he's coming out of his shell as a player.

glenngineer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2011, 04:37 PM
WartracePred

Quote:
Originally Posted by glenngineer View Post
I can't see us moving Sulzer or O'Brien at this point. We have 6 healthy NHL defensemen with Bouillon hopefully coming back from a concussion. Why make a move that will make us weaker? O'Brien has been a nice addition to the PK and adds toughness to our roster.

And no thank you to AK. SK seems to be settling in nicely here, he doesn't need his brother here. Why put a shadow on him when he's coming out of his shell as a player.
I agree about Sulzer and O'Brien.

SK's numbers are actually better than his brothers. And why add a distraction, which is what AK would be for Sergei. The potential negative affect on Sergei outweighs the potential positives from adding a little more scoring.

Old
02-14-2011, 06:33 PM
Predsfan80

I wouldn't trade SOB. I like his style of play and his willingness to stand up for his team mates. That is what our guys need. As Glen said, he's good on the PK. I say keep him.

Also, I like the way SK has been playing lately. He came from Montreal where he had problems. He doesn't need anymore distractions with his brother being here. I hope he sticks around long term.

Predsfan80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2011, 06:51 PM
cleangene

Quote:
Originally Posted by Predsfan80 View Post
I wouldn't trade SOB. I like his style of play and his willingness to stand up for his team mates. That is what our guys need. As Glen said, he's good on the PK. I say keep him.

Also, I like the way SK has been playing lately. He came from Montreal where he had problems. He doesn't need anymore distractions with his brother being here. I hope he sticks around long term.
AMEN to every word here. I don't think the chemistry which has been so good with this team needs to be messed with to where a new team is having to get used to each other. (P.S. Thank you for the extra kind words!! It's ALWAYS a treat visiting with you before and after the excitement of game night )

cleangene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2011, 06:56 PM
Predsfan80

Quote:
Originally Posted by cleangene View Post
AMEN to every word here. I don't think the chemistry which has been so good with this team needs to be messed with to where a new team is having to get used to each other. (P.S. Thank you for the extra kind words!! It's ALWAYS a treat visiting with you before and after the excitement of game night )
I agree man. It stinks because I'm in Section 202 now. I don't hardly see you as I use too If you get there early tomorrow night feel free to stop by my section. I'm glad that they opened up the suite level club for everyone to walk around. Makes it easier.

Predsfan80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2011, 07:41 PM
PredsV82
No

vCash: 130
Quote:
Originally Posted by token grinder View Post
Do not forget Nashville has three potential buyers in town this week as well in SJ, Van, and Pho.
I definitely think there is something to this point. Gms and scouts can check out a lot of players on teams likey to be active at the deadline just by hanging out in nashville all week. Doesn't mean they are just looking at us

PredsV82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2011, 09:04 PM
Seth Lake

Send a message via AIM to Seth Lake
Quote:
Slake: in your experience does a team send a group of three scouts and their GM for a week for pretty much nothing?
Sorry, posted right at the end of lunch this afternoon, worked an hour of OT, and am just now sitting back down at the computer...

No, I don't. I believe that if they are scouting us, they are scouting Dumont. I also believe that either O'Brien or Sulzer will be a part of the package. Very outside chance that Franson is included...I just don't see that, but I do believe he has a chance of being moved in the next year as Josi, Blum, and Ellis come of age.

It'll be an interesting time for sure. I think our forward ranks are relatively set with four balanced lines, however if we can move Dumont it's definitely something that must be looked at. Our main need though is to add a veteran defenseman for depth. Don't know exactly how it'll work out, if it'll work out...but, I'm as excited to find out as I know all of you are too!

Seth Lake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2011, 10:37 PM
tserberis*

Addition of AK would be very nice...
Nashville does not have a player that can skate, dangle, have a rocket shot, pass, hit, forcheck, go to the net all in one face.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RQkGTP2uGWk

He is getting better on backcheck too.

The problem is the some as with his brother. Montreal with Dumbo and Media...

And i dont get it when people speaking of some kind of shell SK have playing with his brother... it is Media bull as usual.

They love to play together, they different type of players and they will only complete each other...

tserberis* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2011, 11:02 PM
predfan24

Here's an idea:

MTL gets:

Dumont
Sulzer
Blum

Preds get:

Kostitsyn
Gill

Just judging from speculation from the outside it seems like AK for Dumont has to be the core of this deal. Also think MTL wants a D-man. I get the feeling that D-man could be O'Brien. I can't see us giving up any roster D-man not named Sulzer or Boullion. If O'Brien was going their way we would almost have to fill his spot. Then a guy like Gill becomes a necessity.

Perhaps the deal could be as simple as AK for Dumont,Blum. Is this fair value to MTL? Is AK the type of player worth acquiring at Blum's expense? Something serious is obviously going on. This week should be filled with plenty of rumors from sources in MTL I would bet.

predfan24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2011, 11:30 PM
Milly79

If we weren't getting Gill, I'd be fine with it. He's pretty good in the playoffs, but my lord is he a pylon.

Milly79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2011, 11:53 PM
jderick81

Quote:
Originally Posted by predfan24 View Post
Here's an idea:

MTL gets:

Dumont
Sulzer
Blum

Preds get:

Kostitsyn
Gill

I like this, I'd love to see the brothers tear in up in smashville. The only way I see it affecting Sergei is for the better, he gets to play with his brother outside of the spotlight of Habs media.

But I'm also a little biased because I have always wanted to see brothers on the preds

it just seems pretty cool to me

jderick81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2011, 01:16 AM
worstfaceoffmanever
These Snacks Are Odd

Unless we're trading O'Brien, we have absolutely zero need for Gill. The only defenseman I'm really interested in from Montreal is Yannick Weber.

Regardless of the defense situation, I think Big ***s would be a really savvy buy, especially if we're building our team based on speed. For whatever reason, the fans and club seem willing to move the guy.

Last edited by worstfaceoffmanever: 02-15-2011 at 01:50 AM.
worstfaceoffmanever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2011, 07:47 AM
Paranoid Android
ERMAHGERD

I had a crazy idea as I'm waking up this morning...

To OTT: Lombardi ($3.5M), Dumont ($4M)
Montreal immediately puts Lombardi on LTIR so they can easily absorb Dumont's cap hit. Now that we have Fisher, and Goc/ORLY have turned into a serviceable centermen, we really don't need Lombardi.

To NSH: Salary dump or AK47 + whatever (picks/prospects)
Montreal gets valuable cap space for this year. We are free from Dumont's salary next year.

I know this is highly improbable, but is it possible?

Paranoid Android is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2011, 08:35 AM
token grinder
formerly sirryan189

I could see us trading dumont to montreal, but for either a pick or an expiring contract (hamrlik) and a lower pick or a prospect not expected to ever contribute.

I don't think AK is in play with us, especially considering the lack of success they had in montreal. I wouls say never say never, but he is making over 3 mil now and is an rfa which would probably complicate signing his brother t an extension. plus any extension past next year for bigger dollars cuts into the money we have to give suter, sho will be in the 5.5-6.5 range.

I could also see a bigger package of a roster center (goc) and blum for a guy like eller, who was the centerpeice of the halak deal.