HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Notices

2/14/11 - Dean Lombardi on NHL On The Fly

Old
02-14-2011, 10:35 PM
KingsVision
HFB Partner

vCash: 500
2/14/11 - Dean Lombardi on NHL On The Fly

Dean Lombardi was a guest on NHL On The Fly on 2/14/11. Check it out!

Click HERE to watch!

KingsVision is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2011, 10:39 PM
Telos
In Dean We Trust

vCash: 3578
Send a message via ICQ to Telos Send a message via AIM to Telos Send a message via MSN to Telos Send a message via Yahoo to Telos
Was waiting for this to be posted, and was too lazy to post it myself I think the most interesting thing in the interview was Dean saying that Kovalchuk never made sense. It almost comes off as he never wanted to pursue him, but had to.

“Every good army needs a couple of criminals.” - Dean Lombardi

Last edited by Telos: 02-14-2011 at 11:18 PM.
Telos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2011, 11:03 PM
TonySCV
One More Time

What is up with the downloading speed on nhl.com lately? It takes an eternity for these videos to fully download and play.

TonySCV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2011, 11:18 PM
JDM
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Telos View Post
Was waiting for this to be posted, and was too lazy to post it myself I think the most interesting thing in the interview was Dean saying that Kovalchuk wasn't a fit. It almost comes off as he never wanted to pursue him, but had to.
He didn't say Kovy wasn't a fit, he said the DEAL wasn't a fit. Big difference. Unless I'm remembering incorrectly... which is possible... even though I just watched in 45 seconds ago... I'm tired... thank god this day is over... goodnight.

JDM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2011, 11:23 PM
Telos
In Dean We Trust

vCash: 3578
Send a message via ICQ to Telos Send a message via AIM to Telos Send a message via MSN to Telos Send a message via Yahoo to Telos
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDM View Post
He didn't say Kovy wasn't a fit, he said the DEAL wasn't a fit. Big difference. Unless I'm remembering incorrectly... which is possible... even though I just watched in 45 seconds ago... I'm tired... thank god this day is over... goodnight.
Roflmao, I replied to that quite a while after watching the original video and I watched it again and decided to correct myself, I just knew as I was doing it, someone would be typing about it to point that out... That's always how it works out But yeah, he said that the deal never made sense, which also can suggest our limitations going forward and could take some names off the table as possible trade targets. All I heard was 'yeah we are trying to acquire a veteran third liner to play with Kopitar as a stopgap'

I can't wait for Dean's tell-all book after he is retired so we can hear about how he never wanted Kovalchuk though

Telos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2011, 12:19 AM
Zad
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Telos View Post
Roflmao, I replied to that quite a while after watching the original video and I watched it again and decided to correct myself, I just knew as I was doing it, someone would be typing about it to point that out... That's always how it works out But yeah, he said that the deal never made sense, which also can suggest our limitations going forward and could take some names off the table as possible trade targets. All I heard was 'yeah we are trying to acquire a veteran third liner to play with Kopitar as a stopgap'

I can't wait for Dean's tell-all book after he is retired so we can hear about how he never wanted Kovalchuk though
Chapter 23: "Those ******** at Surly & Scribe"

Zad is offline   Reply With Quote