HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Notices

Heidi Androl in Strikeforce

Old
02-13-2011, 12:31 AM
s3machine*

vCash: 500
Heidi Androl in Strikeforce

Anyone catch Strikeforce tonight? Apparently Heidi works for them too. She interviewed Fedor Emelianenko in what was probably the worst interview I have ever seen in my life lol. Same old bland and boring kind of questions..

Thank god shes hot or it would be really painful to watch her at all.

s3machine* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2011, 12:36 AM
Orenji

She works for a bunch of random sport promotions.

Orenji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2011, 12:45 AM
The Tikkanen
Pest

vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to The Tikkanen
Quote:
Originally Posted by s3machine View Post
Anyone catch Strikeforce tonight? Apparently Heidi works for them too. She interviewed Fedor Emelianenko in what was probably the worst interview I have ever seen in my life lol. Same old bland and boring kind of questions..

Thank god shes hot or it would be really painful to watch her at all.
She should have interviewed him AFTER the fight when his right eye was closed and his face looked like hamburger meat. I hope she does the rest of the tournament, it should gain some popularity as it goes on.

The Tikkanen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2011, 08:27 AM
tigermask48
Maniacal Laugh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tikkanen View Post
She should have interviewed him AFTER the fight when his right eye was closed and his face looked like hamburger meat. I hope she does the rest of the tournament, it should gain some popularity as it goes on.
Haven't watched this card yet... So blindness in his right eye will be the reason Fedor drops out if this thing instead of a broken hand?

EDIT: LOL!! Nevermind, I geuss that explains why he won't be in the tourney...

Last edited by tigermask48: 02-13-2011 at 09:07 AM.
tigermask48 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2011, 11:29 AM
The Tikkanen
Pest

Quote:
Originally Posted by tigermask48 View Post
Haven't watched this card yet... So blindness in his right eye will be the reason Fedor drops out if this thing instead of a broken hand?

EDIT: LOL!! Nevermind, I geuss that explains why he won't be in the tourney...
It's single elimination. Fedor is just too small to compete with these guys now. He weighed in at 230, Silva 260 and at fight time Silva supposedly weighed around 280.

Old
02-13-2011, 12:17 PM
tigermask48
Maniacal Laugh

Quote:
It's single elimination. Fedor is just too small to compete with these guys now. He weighed in at 230, Silva 260 and at fight time Silva supposedly weighed around 280.
Nah, he's always fought guys way bigger than him. Of Fedor's fights all of Schilt, Herring, Fujita, Coleman, Hunt, Hong-Man Choi, Sylvia, and Rodgers are all 250+ and almost everyone of his opponents is taller than him. Heck Choi, and Sylvia are both around 300 and he handled them easily. I'd think it's more just age/injuries catching up with him and his lack of fighting frequently since PRIDE shutdown that did him in more than anything else.

Old
02-13-2011, 12:32 PM
Shellz

Strikeforce sounds like some cartoon.

Shellz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2011, 12:54 PM
Cutty Sarkn3ss*
I bet u trade me

Send a message via AIM to Cutty Sarkn3ss*
I was thinking Hunger Force . . my bad

Cutty Sarkn3ss* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2011, 02:47 PM
no name

Quote:
Nah, he's always fought guys way bigger than him. Of Fedor's fights all of Schilt, Herring, Fujita, Coleman, Hunt, Hong-Man Choi, Sylvia, and Rodgers are all 250+ and almost everyone of his opponents is taller than him. Heck Choi, and Sylvia are both around 300 and he handled them easily. I'd think it's more just age/injuries catching up with him and his lack of fighting frequently since PRIDE shutdown that did him in more than anything else.
More like he's broke so he's not fighting guys where he doesn't match up. He was overrated in his prime. Now he's not even quick anymore.

no name is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2011, 04:26 PM
Tatsdzyuk
wet fish

Quote:
Originally Posted by no name View Post
More like he's broke so he's not fighting guys where he doesn't match up. He was overrated in his prime. Now he's not even quick anymore.
How can you say he was overrated, nobody stood a chance against him when he was in his prime. But its all about Alistair Overeem now, that guy is a monster he would destroy anyone in his weight class.

Tatsdzyuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2011, 04:37 PM
no name

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tatsdzyuk View Post
How can you say he was overrated, nobody stood a chance against him when he was in his prime. But its all about Alistair Overeem now, that guy is a monster he would destroy anyone in his weight class.
He didn't fight anyone. Most fight authorities all say he was an amazing talent that refused to challenge himself.

Old
02-13-2011, 08:58 PM
tigermask48
Maniacal Laugh

Quote:
He didn't fight anyone. Most fight authorities all say he was an amazing talent that refused to challenge himself.
Outside of Couture (who was fighting mostly at LHW at that time right?), who didn't he fight that was a legitimate top 10 HW in the world? He fought Sylvia and Arlovski first chance he had, in PRIDE at that time the only names I can think of are Sapp (a super hevyweight,) Barnett, and Kharitonov, and none of them I would consider top 10 in the world.

One guy that does come to mind would be Mir but he was out of action due to the motorcycle accident through most of Fedor's prime...
I always thought it was widely accepted by almost anyone in the know that the HW division ranking looked something like this through most of the 2000's:

1. Fedor
^
^
2. Nog
^
^
^
^
^
^
3/4. Couture/Crocop
^
^
^
^
^
Everyone else

So I'm curious as to who Fedor didn't fight that was around in that time period?

Last edited by tigermask48: 02-15-2011 at 02:27 PM.
Old
02-13-2011, 09:30 PM
no name

Quote:
Outside of Couture (who was fighting mostly at LHW at that time right?), who didn't he fight that was a legitimate top 10 HW in the world? He fought Silva and Arlovski first chance he had, in PRIDE at that time the only names I can think of are Sapp (a super hevyweight,) Barnett, and Kharitonov, and none of them I would consider top 10 in the world.

One guy that does come to mind would be Mir but he was out of action due to the motorcycle accident through most of Fedor's prime...
I always thought it was widely accepted by almost anyone in the know that the HW division ranking looked something like this through most of the 2000's:

1. Fedor
^
^
2. Nog
^
^
^
^
^
^
3/4. Couture/Crocop
^
^
^
^
^
Everyone else

So I'm curious as to who Fedor didn't fight that was around in that time period?
As a fighter of his class it's impossible to avoid other top fighters forever but he earned a reputation for picking and choosing fights, dodging feuds, dropping out of fights at the whim of anything wrong. Dana White even called hima pu**y once and refused to ever sign him (but true to Dana's career he broke down the first chance at a payout).

The biggest cop out was Gracie trying to come out of retirement to figh him, even offering to fight for free but Fedor refused because Gracie was his hero.

Old
02-13-2011, 09:34 PM
Quattro

lol @ wrestling

Quattro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2011, 10:23 PM
etherialone
dialed in your mom

Androl is just brutal. Not allot of talent there and as far as being attractive well, there are different standards for everyone I guess.

She seems nice enough but I would rather that the Kings nip her and Rich if all they are going to allow is baby poo softies to be asked. No need for it at all.

Oh and Harrumph!

etherialone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2011, 01:06 PM
Brodeur

Couldn't help but think Heidi made Gina Carano look quite homely during their interview segment.

Sad to see Fedor get dominated, Silva transitioned from guard to mount with ease. Once anybody gets mounted by a guy with 50+ pounds on you, it's gonna be a rough round. Might have just come down to Silva executing his game plan better.

Also sad to see Arlovski continuing to look awful. Even as he was getting the better of the exchanges early on with Kharitonov, couldn't help but notice that he wasn't keeping his hands up at all. Seemed like he was inviting Kharitonov to swing haymakers.

Brodeur is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2011, 02:26 PM
no name

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
Also sad to see Arlovski continuing to look awful. Even as he was getting the better of the exchanges early on with Kharitonov, couldn't help but notice that he wasn't keeping his hands up at all. Seemed like he was inviting Kharitonov to swing haymakers.
He was probably masking poor conditioning for a bait.

Old
02-14-2011, 04:53 PM
The Tikkanen
Pest

Quote:
He was probably masking poor conditioning for a bait.
Arlovski has always been in good physical shape. Cardio-wise I don't remember him being known as a guy who couldn't go the distance. Kharitonov is a powerful guy with some impressive wins under his belt, if you back up with your hands down like Arlovski did in the heavyweight division you're going out. Arlovski turned himself into a sloppy fighter and I think it's time to call it a career.

Old
02-14-2011, 09:11 PM
no name

Quote:
Arlovski has always been in good physical shape. Cardio-wise I don't remember him being known as a guy who couldn't go the distance. Kharitonov is a powerful guy with some impressive wins under his belt, if you back up with your hands down like Arlovski did in the heavyweight division you're going out. Arlovski turned himself into a sloppy fighter and I think it's time to call it a career.
There is a million variables that can lead to poor conditioning. He could change his diet in any direction which will cause your lactic acid to be distributed to shock. Poor eating, adding more good or bad carbs, adding or decreasing protein all will take your system up to 3 months to adjust your bloodstream. If your glucose isn't functioning on a trained level you are beat 2 rounds.

Could be he changed his workout regimine. Adding cardio will deplete your muscle conditioning very slightly which will also kill a fighter. You will grapple like you always have in the past which will fatigue you without knowing it. You'll be ok standing up but you will be mentaly blocked about wanting to take it to the ground after exuding efford on the mat previously. Adding resistance training (weights or more time practicing grappling) will work to the opposite.

The problem is when this type of an athlete gets older they simply have to change things. They have to reinvent their training styles to compensate for slowing down. You don't know your body like you have in the past and you don't know how you are going to react whn you step in any match. These guys fight 6 times a week one way or another but there isn't any way to calculate how you or your body will react to 3 to 15 minutes in a fight when a 225 + pound man is leaning on you, covering your mouth, breaking your nose, aiming for your adams apple, etc.

I'm in fantastic shape and have a lifetime of experience behind me but I want to kill myself every sunday when I train. I'll drop my hands sparring, be mentally checked out when sweaty guys are choking me, and want to go backwards and I'm younger and in much better shape.

Old
02-14-2011, 09:20 PM
The Tikkanen
Pest

Andrei already gave an interview saying he still wants to fight. I don't think it matters what he changed-a lot of athletes decline mentally because they lose the killer instinct. Once that's gone you're done. He's still a draw though so I expect Strikeforce to give him a lesser fighter and if he gets clocked again it's adios amigo.

Old
02-15-2011, 07:09 AM
tigermask48
Maniacal Laugh

Quote:
As a fighter of his class it's impossible to avoid other top fighters forever but he earned a reputation for picking and choosing fights, dodging feuds, dropping out of fights at the whim of anything wrong. Dana White even called hima pu**y once and refused to ever sign him (but true to Dana's career he broke down the first chance at a payout).

The biggest cop out was Gracie trying to come out of retirement to figh him, even offering to fight for free but Fedor refused because Gracie was his hero.
Gracie? So Fedor's two wins over the vastily superior at that time Nog (very similar fighter, in Fedor's weight class) mean nothing and he ducked Gracie? There are so many things wrong with a Gracie v. Fedor fight, huge weight difference, the fact that no Gracie has been relevent in the sport since Royce got embarassed at the 2000 GP. I mean I was at least expecting a name like Barnett, Tank, Telligman or someone like that, not fighting Cro Cop in his peak. But to fault Fedor's legacy in the sport because of not fighting Gracie is... well for lack of a better word laughable.

I've noticed the past few days that since he lost, alot of people seem to burying Fedor and piling on saying he wasn't all he was thought to be, and I have to say I just don't see the reasoning. He even after this lose is probably the greatest HW fighter this sport has ever had and cleaned out the HW division when it was arguably at it's best.

Old
02-15-2011, 07:38 PM
no name

Quote:
Gracie? So Fedor's two wins over the vastily superior at that time Nog (very similar fighter, in Fedor's weight class) mean nothing and he ducked Gracie? There are so many things wrong with a Gracie v. Fedor fight, huge weight difference, the fact that no Gracie has been relevent in the sport since Royce got embarassed at the 2000 GP. I mean I was at least expecting a name like Barnett, Tank, Telligman or someone like that, not fighting Cro Cop in his peak. But to fault Fedor's legacy in the sport because of not fighting Gracie is... well for lack of a better word laughable.

I've noticed the past few days that since he lost, alot of people seem to burying Fedor and piling on saying he wasn't all he was thought to be, and I have to say I just don't see the reasoning. He even after this lose is probably the greatest HW fighter this sport has ever had and cleaned out the HW division when it was arguably at it's best.
Going over the list of people he did fight and who he ducked / backed out of, etc isn't something I really cared to do. Instead of breaking everything down I was hoping to get by speaking of his known reputation. Sorry for that.
Like I said in my last post, it's impossible to not fight people when you are a guy like him, and that's not the case in his behalf, but he did back out of fights and reschedule the second he felt he wasn't up to it, ignore fighters goating him to fight until it best suited him, avoided some fighters alltogether (Cro Cop), etc.

In regards to some of the guys you mentioned, I don't consider them much of a challenge so I never would hold those names against him, espescially Tank.

Also, as a side note, In my opinion Couture could have taken Fedor prime versus prime. Couture is the exact type of fighter that gave Fedor fits.

Old
02-16-2011, 06:11 PM
tigermask48
Maniacal Laugh

Quote:
Going over the list of people he did fight and who he ducked / backed out of, etc isn't something I really cared to do. Instead of breaking everything down I was hoping to get by speaking of his known reputation. Sorry for that.
Like I said in my last post, it's impossible to not fight people when you are a guy like him, and that's not the case in his behalf, but he did back out of fights and reschedule the second he felt he wasn't up to it, ignore fighters goating him to fight until it best suited him, avoided some fighters alltogether (Cro Cop), etc.

In regards to some of the guys you mentioned, I don't consider them much of a challenge so I never would hold those names against him, espescially Tank.

Also, as a side note, In my opinion Couture could have taken Fedor prime versus prime. Couture is the exact type of fighter that gave Fedor fits.
I can see that logic, I think I just may have misunderstood the meaning a little bit.

What you say above is true but, he was also a guy that had really crappy luck for parts of hi career. He looked scared when Cro Cop knocked out Vovchanchyn, and you could see the fear when he KO'd his brother... And he did dodge Mirko for awhile, but PRIDE did try to get them to fight in the GP and they would have if it wasn't for a lucky shot by Randleman.

I'd agree also that Couture has had a better career than Fedor but with both in their prime I just see no way that anyone beats Fedor. I think of him as for about a year and half to two years as being totally unstoppable, but the constant breaking hands/wrists and never seeming to be totally healthy just took too much of a toll. I know alot of guys are never really 100% and always have some nagging issue, but most have the heart to overcome that and I think that was the one thing Fedor lacked...

Old
02-16-2011, 07:26 PM
The Tikkanen
Pest

Did you guys see the excuses M1 gave today as to why Fedor lost? His priest was late to the fight and their was some sort of hypnotist in the stands. I just think he got his butt kicked.

Old
02-16-2011, 11:12 PM
s3machine*

Its sad to see Arlovski going through some tough times.. A couple years back my friends and I had a cabana at Wet Republic in Vegas right next to Arlovski and some other MMA guys.. They were all cool as hell.. especially Andrei.. We all hung out.. they shared their strippers with us. (great, GREAT times) took pictures.. kicked a soccer ball around.. They made us feel like we had all been friends for years.. Great guys.. I hope he is able to turn things around and get back on top of his game.

s3machine* is offline   Reply With Quote