HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Travis Hamonic

Old
02-15-2011, 09:58 AM
redbull
Expect more

vCash: 500
I agree with most here in that Hamonic will not be traded anytime soon.

I've watched both teams a great deal, I'd say Travis Hamonic is almost the exact same player as Luke Schenn.

Both very physical and tough, both very solid defensively yet both prone to mistakes common to many young players. I believe both will develop more offense in their game as they mature.

Despite draft position, I'd say Hamonic has the same upside as Schenn.

redbull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2011, 10:19 AM
IslesBeBack*
NHL Free Agent

Quote:
Originally Posted by redbull View Post
I agree with most here in that Hamonic will not be traded anytime soon.

I've watched both teams a great deal, I'd say Travis Hamonic is almost the exact same player as Luke Schenn.

Both very physical and tough, both very solid defensively yet both prone to mistakes common to many young players. I believe both will develop more offense in their game as they mature.

Despite draft position, I'd say Hamonic has the same upside as Schenn.
With all due respect, Hamonic has been far more impressive at the NHL level than Schenn. Hamonic is a Shea Weber clone, and will start making serious strides towards Noris Consideration in the next few years, especially as the Islanders continue to mature and become contenders.

IslesBeBack* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2011, 10:21 AM
IslesBeBack*
NHL Free Agent

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatientlyWaiting View Post
With all due respect, Hamonic has been far more impressive at the NHL level than Schenn. Hamonic is a Shea Weber clone, and will start making serious strides towards Noris Consideration in the next few years, especially as the Islanders continue to mature and become contenders.
Also, Hamonic is considered a big piece to our future success. Can you say Luke Schenn has the ability to be a big part of the Leafs defense, by himself? No you can't. I've watched him play plenty of games and he's not only much slower than Hamonic, his offensive ability is a complete tier or two below Travis'.

Schenn is much tougher IMO and is more captain material. Hamonic is more flashy and points, although his physical side is impressive for a 20 year old. There is noway Travis is traded, he's here to stay. For a long time.

Old
02-15-2011, 10:24 AM
Yashin for President

This is the kind of player that leads by example. Love this pick and always did. Imagine if the Isles picked up Weber next season and had both of these guys on the same team? I'm allowed to dream right?

Yashin for President is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2011, 10:28 AM
IslesBeBack*
NHL Free Agent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yashin for President View Post
This is the kind of player that leads by example. Love this pick and always did. Imagine if the Isles picked up Weber next season and had both of these guys on the same team? I'm allowed to dream right?
Don't even. Hamonic is going to be a Weber clone in a few years. Hamonics offensive ability, his size and his amazing shot are going to be lethal in a couple of years.

Bring in Weber and I'll die LOL

Old
02-15-2011, 10:57 AM
cjdv16

Hamonic is one of those players that wouldn't be moved except in a package for a super-star.

He's worth too much to the Isles to be moved alone and wouldn't warrant the return from the acquiring team because he's still "unproven".

cjdv16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2011, 11:20 AM
Islander Prophet

Hamonic isn't going anywhere, and even if by miracle he does get traded, it's gonna need another established young super-star defenseman

Islander Prophet is offline   Reply With Quote