HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Fla/Nyi

Old
02-14-2011, 09:51 PM
boredmale

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Isles_Guy View Post
haha, good catch..... so for all we know he might have been ahead of markstrom, but wasnt listed because he was not elligible, since he was an NHL PLAYER and not technically a prospect
As an Islanders fan I rather not get in a pissing match who is a better prospect. I am guessing in terms of trade value Markstrom would be higher at the moment though

In the end though who is the best prospects list might have some value but in the big picture they meaningless. In the case of the Islanders look at Hamonic, I never seen him make any best 50 prospect list and chances are he will probably end up better then 60-80% of the people listed instead of him

boredmale is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2011, 10:19 PM
Islander Prophet

never in my life I would accept a deal like this

horrible for the Isles

Islander Prophet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2011, 10:25 PM
JT91

Why would we trade for the over-hyped Jacob Markstrom when we have a chance to draft Adam Larsson. Poulin been putting up better number then Markstrom in the AHL and NHL.

JT91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2011, 10:32 PM
Erick*

I didn't realize Poulin was having such a solid year.

I offered the proposal because I think the Isles have a good core of young forwards, Bailey's apparently been demoted to the 3rd line (don't know what his value is), and Markstrom is the best goalie prospect in the world.

Apparently, the Isles need for a goalie isn't drastic. My apologies; seems like you guys need some D men. The Isles are going to be really good sooner than people think, imo.

Erick* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2011, 10:48 PM
CREW99AW

vCash: 55
Quote:
Originally Posted by Erick View Post
I didn't realize Poulin was having such a solid year.

I offered the proposal because I think the Isles have a good core of young forwards, Bailey's apparently been demoted to the 3rd line (don't know what his value is), and Markstrom is the best goalie prospect in the world.

Apparently, the Isles need for a goalie isn't drastic. My apologies; seems like you guys need some D men. The Isles are going to be really good sooner than people think, imo.
I'd hoped Bailey would build off his 2009-2010 16 goal season.He hasn't.However,he went through a short stretch where he was absolutely dominate early in the season.He got hurt and didn't pick up where he'd left off when he went down with the injury.

There's no indication that the isles are giving up on 21 yr old Bailey though.

CREW99AW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2011, 11:05 PM
Erick*

Maybe this makes some more sense...

Panthers get Josh Bailey/Islanders get Keaton Ellerby.

Panthers get a solid, young forward; Islanders get a solid, young D man.

Old
02-14-2011, 11:36 PM
boredmale

Quote:

I don't think Markstrom's value is worth a top 4 pick in this year's draft. If Florida found a team in search of a young goalie I think they might be able to get a pick in the 5-10 range though

boredmale is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2011, 12:15 AM
Doug Height
Okposwag

Quote:
Maybe this makes some more sense...

Panthers get Josh Bailey/Islanders get Keaton Ellerby.

Panthers get a solid, young forward; Islanders get a solid, young D man.
Wow, I was seriously about to post this exact trade idea.

Crazy.

Doug Height is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2011, 12:34 AM
Erick*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug Height View Post

Crazy.

Simple trade that makes a lot of sense, lol.

Old
02-15-2011, 03:55 AM
AwesomePanthers
Go Cats Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by ichabod13 View Post
according to tsn.com, sportsnet.ca and nhl.com the islanders "young superstar" who "didnt even make the list" is currently on the islanders roster.
So? Anyone with as few games as him is still considered a prospect.

AwesomePanthers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2011, 04:14 AM
alpine4life

Quote:
Originally Posted by AwesomePanthers View Post
You couldn't be more wrong. Markström carried a SEL on his own at the age of 18. Markström has a way higher potential than Poulin. He is described as the next Lundqvist.

He let in two goals against the Devils, Clemmer started the game.

You don't judge players after one game. Markström has just gotten used to the smaller rinks and his numbers are increasing drastically.
I would agree with that, if anyone can even think for a sec than Poulin will be better, well good for them

As for the OP offer, Easy no from NYI. GL have no value what so ever right now, so imagine a top3/5 pick fro an unproven goalie

alpine4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2011, 04:48 AM
CREW99AW

vCash: 55
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug Height View Post

Crazy.
Is Keaton Ellerby's upside a top 4 d-man?How is his speed?

and where would you rank him among the isles young blueliners?

De Haan,MacDonald,Hamonic,Donovan,Kessel.

CREW99AW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2011, 08:15 AM
Chapin Landvogt
Hockey's Future Staff

Quote:
NYI: G Jacob Markstrom + 2 '11 2nd round picks
FLA: C/W Josh Bailey + '11 1st round pick
This is good. Got a good laugh out of it.

Without having read the rest of the thread, we'll be fine with Poulin, Koskinen and Nilsson (may be the best in the group) in net.

Heck, Montoya may even be worth resigning as a stopgap goalie if he can solidify himself and impress in the coming weeks.

Chapin Landvogt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2011, 10:22 AM
MickOlax

Quote:
Originally Posted by CREW99AW View Post
Is Keaton Ellerby's upside a top 4 d-man?How is his speed?

and where would you rank him among the isles young blueliners?

De Haan,MacDonald,Hamonic,Donovan,Kessel.
He's a very good skater especially considering his size. He's almost like a Bouwmeester type, not as fast as him but not far away. In the other hand, Ellerby is a lot more physical than JBo. He definetely has top 4 potential.

Where would I rank him?

In terms of pure potential, a little behind De Haan and Hamonic I guess, though not much. Don't know much about MacDonalds potential but he seems pretty good too. All in all you could say that Ellerby's up there in the mix. He's a player who could end up being a good top 4 Bouwmeester-like defenseman with a physical edge or at worst a big and mobile shutdown defenseman IMO.

It may not be a surprise but I'm a Panther fan and I like Ellerby a lot and I'm really hoping to see Ellerby as a part of our D-core in the coming years. I'd probably be alright if we'd move him for a young forward like Bailey but otherwise I'd really like us to keep him.

-L-

MickOlax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2011, 10:25 AM
IslesBeBack*
NHL Free Agent

Without getting completely involved in the ridiculous Markstrom vs. Poulin debate, I will say this: Potential is just that, potential until they start proving it at the NHL level.

Poulin is one of the best goaltenders in the world, was quoted as "One of the best technically sound goaltenders Patrick Roy has ever seen" and was the glue holding a terrible Bridgeport team together at 15-5. Aside from that, his stint in the NHL was insane. His raw ability is tremendous and his Save percentage and G.A.A at this level were unbelievable.

You can take your 2010 prospect list and hold it to our heads, we don't care. Poulin is a wonderful #1 goaltending prospect and he will be, IMO, the final peice to the puzzle once he is in this league full time. So you keep Markstrom and his prospect rank, we'll take what we've seen and what we know in Poulin. Thanks.

IslesBeBack* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2011, 10:26 AM
IslesBeBack*
NHL Free Agent

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatientlyWaiting View Post
Without getting completely involved in the ridiculous Markstrom vs. Poulin debate, I will say this: Potential is just that, potential until they start proving it at the NHL level.

Poulin is one of the best young, prospective goaltenders in the world, was quoted as "One of the best technically sound goaltenders Patrick Roy has ever seen" and was the glue holding a terrible Bridgeport team together at 15-5. Aside from that, his stint in the NHL was insane. His raw ability is tremendous and his Save percentage and G.A.A at this level were unbelievable.

You can take your 2010 prospect list and hold it to our heads, we don't care. Poulin is a wonderful #1 goaltending prospect and he will be, IMO, the final peice to the puzzle once he is in this league full time. So you keep Markstrom and his prospect rank, we'll take what we've seen and what we know in Poulin. Thanks.
Poulin is one of the best goaltending prospects** in the world.

IslesBeBack* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2011, 10:37 AM
Erick*

Quote:
Originally Posted by MickOlax View Post
He's a very good skater especially considering his size. He's almost like a Bouwmeester type, not as fast as him but not far away. In the other hand, Ellerby is a lot more physical than JBo. He definetely has top 4 potential.

Where would I rank him?

In terms of pure potential, a little behind De Haan and Hamonic I guess, though not much. Don't know much about MacDonalds potential but he seems pretty good too. All in all you could say that Ellerby's up there in the mix. He's a player who could end up being a good top 4 Bouwmeester-like defenseman with a physical edge or at worst a big and mobile shutdown defenseman IMO.

It may not be a surprise but I'm a Panther fan and I like Ellerby a lot and I'm really hoping to see Ellerby as a part of our D-core in the coming years. I'd probably be alright if we'd move him for a young forward like Bailey but otherwise I'd really like us to keep him.

-L-
^This is exactly right.

Old
02-15-2011, 10:55 AM
redbull
springtime hockey!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MickOlax View Post

Where would I rank him?

-L-
very good post, thanks for the insights on Ellerby, I didn't know much about him.

That said, under the circumstances I'm inclined to keep Bailey if I'm the NYI. Bailey hasn't had a breakout season yet but he has shown flashes of it. He was a dynamic scoring junior and would be perceived far differently if he were able to play a year of junior and a year in the AHL before he got a shot in the NHL - to say nothing of the fact he SHOULD BE surrounded with actual NHL players.

Bailey played only 11 games in the AHL this year, his only stint of his career, and had 17pts. That pace was probably among the highest in the AHL of any player. He has offensive ability, just has been mis-managed at the NHL level in my opinion.

I think he's a keeper and I wouldn't deal him at all. He's the exact type of player Burke should try and get for Kessel's centre. I think Bailey would absolutely kill in Toronto.

redbull is offline   Reply With Quote