HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Trade Deadline Speculation 2 (Zipay: Prospect and a 2nd rounder in play for rental)

Closed Thread

Old
02-15-2011, 12:11 PM
hpNYR
HF Forecaster

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jas View Post
Agreed on all points...I believe either Dreger or MacKenzie had Dallas, The Rangers, LA and TB, (can't see that one), as the most likely destinations for Richards this summer...Toronto wasn't in the conversation.
Toronto was very much in the conversation. Richards/agent themselves said it.

Old
02-15-2011, 12:11 PM
RGY
(Jagr68NYR94Leetch)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hpNYR View Post
Love the list to be honest. Not sure why me and you are agreeing so much, lol. It's a bit scary.

My targets are Hemsky and Kaberle before anyone else on that list, however.
I like Pitkanen better than Kaberle. But I just dont think Carolina trades him. AND if they do I dont see it being to an eastern conference team.

And I chose Weiss over hemsky because weiss is less injury prone. He maybe isnt as talented as hemsky but he still has a lot to offer imo. I love hemsky but his injury problems scare me. At the same time I dont think edmonton could ask for the moon for the guy. 2nd round pick, Gilroy, prospect would be a good starting point.

Old
02-15-2011, 12:12 PM
JeffMangum
Debaser

Quote:
Originally Posted by SupersonicMonkey View Post
Maybe its steep.
Maybe? Look at what Bouwmeester got. Another UFA and a 3rd. We're basically trading a 1st round pick for what could turn out to be nothing. If that's not awful, I don't know what is.

#TannerGlass2014
SEEN YOUR VIDEO!
#SheWentToHarvard
Old
02-15-2011, 12:13 PM
Ola

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melrose_Jr. View Post
Kaberle's numbers on the PP aren't that different than Redden's, at least before he came to NY.

A single player can't fix a power play strategy that's inherently flawed. We all know that Torts and Sullivan either aren't capable of, or aren't willing to, make a wholesale change to what goes on out on the ice with the man advantage, so I don't see how Kaberle has any value to this team.

If you're going to bolster the defense, do it with someone that plays their best WITHOUT the puck. That's what's lacking as you work your way down the depth chart on the blue line.
At the same time, we are talkiing production from a D on this unit:
Heatly-Spezza-Havlat
Redden-Alfie

vs. production from the unit Kaberle have around him in Toronto. There's a big difference.

Redden as a D scored 44 pts less then the highest scoring forward in Ottawa before he left. Kaberle is currently scoring 6 pts less then the highest scoring forward for Toronto...

And finally, Redden came to NY and collapsed. He went from 38 pts in Ottawa to 14 pts in NY. If vets should be judged by that yardstick, we should never get a single vet. I do not believe in that strategy. Its like drafting Jessiman and then stop making draftpicks.

Old
02-15-2011, 12:14 PM
RGY
(Jagr68NYR94Leetch)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Boyle View Post
Maybe? Look at what Bouwmeester got. Another UFA and a 3rd. We're basically trading a 1st round pick for what could turn out to be nothing. If that's not awful, I don't know what is.
Actually it was a 1st rounder and Werek

Old
02-15-2011, 12:16 PM
azrok22

Quote:
Richards said it, but you need to look at the context. Essentially he was asked: "so, you're a UFA, would you consider Toronto?" He responded:

Quote:
“When the time comes, if that’s an option, Toronto is always a No. 1 hockey destination,” says Richards when asked about playing for the Toronto Maple Leafs. “It would be great being a Canadian playing in Toronto but we’re not even close to that bridge yet and, like I said, I’m focused here.”
That doesn't indicate that he is interested in Toronto at all. What do you expect him to say? "Toronto? LOL no!"

His statement was that "Toronto is a No. 1 hockey destination," and that does not indicate that it is his no. 1 hockey destination or even one that he has any interest in going to. Logic suggests to me that he won't be interested in a rebuild. Obviously, I could be wrong, but I doubt it.

EDIT: I think the speculated destinations from McKenzie/Dreger are much more likely: Dallas, NYR, TB, or LA.

Old
02-15-2011, 12:18 PM
hpNYR
HF Forecaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jagr68NYR94Leetch View Post
I like Pitkanen better than Kaberle. But I just dont think Carolina trades him. AND if they do I dont see it being to an eastern conference team.

And I chose Weiss over hemsky because weiss is less injury prone. He maybe isnt as talented as hemsky but he still has a lot to offer imo. I love hemsky but his injury problems scare me. At the same time I dont think edmonton could ask for the moon for the guy. 2nd round pick, Gilroy, prospect would be a good starting point.
Fair enough. I've stated as to why I want Kaberle and Hemsky. Both are very similar players; playing different positions. Kaberle loves holding on to the puck, opening&finding the lanes. Has done it his entire career w/ the beautiful outlet passes...Hemsky is similar with a more offensive mindset obviously. Makes tremendous plays. One of the more elite/very skilled(finesse) play making wingers in the league. Both are players this team can use and needs.

Old
02-15-2011, 12:18 PM
haohmaru
#bdwyblueshirts

There's only so much the guy can say when he's still under contract to the Stars.

Canadian players love to try to play in Toronto with the hopes of turning it around there. Think of the hero status someone could gain if they actually made Toronto a playoff team.

Old
02-15-2011, 12:29 PM
hpNYR
HF Forecaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by azrok22 View Post
Richards said it, but you need to look at the context. Essentially he was asked: "so, you're a UFA, would you consider Toronto?" He responded:

That doesn't indicate that he is interested in Toronto at all. What do you expect him to say? "Toronto? LOL no!"

His statement was that "Toronto is a No. 1 hockey destination," and that does not indicate that it is his no. 1 hockey destination or even one that he has any interest in going to. Logic suggests to me that he won't be interested in a rebuild. Obviously, I could be wrong, but I doubt it.

EDIT: I think the speculated destinations from McKenzie/Dreger are much more likely: Dallas, NYR, TB, or LA.
He could've easily left out the "Toronto is always a #1 hockey destination" part. He could have said he doesn't want to comment on anything as his focus is on this team(dallas)

Old
02-15-2011, 12:31 PM
Ola

The player I want is John Carlson from Washington. Good passer. Good PPQB material. They are looking to beef up for a PO run, but don't have any real capspace.

I'd be prepaired to give up Anisimov for him. AA would be a pretty big upgrade over any 2nd line center Washington have right now (considering that Laich really best is used on the wing, especially if you dream of having any kind fo constructive game).

Id even sweaten the pot some if it have to be done to make the deal (Avery? Gilroy? (id doubt it for a PO run...)).

Carlson is a guy who'd make perfect sense for us. Rightshooting, 6'3 D 208 lb D.

Down the road:
Staal-Carlson
MDZ-Sauer
McD-Girardi

He'll help our PP right away, while still being young. But his bomb would be of much value, and he can handle the puck too. He's defintiely on a another level then Girardi on the PP, even while only being 21 y/o.

Old
02-15-2011, 12:33 PM
JeffMangum
Debaser

Richards said that Toronto "is a place where players want to go". He never said he wanted to play there.

Old
02-15-2011, 12:35 PM
hpNYR
HF Forecaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Boyle View Post
Richards said that Toronto "is a place where players want to go". He never said he wanted to play there.
Where did I say he wanted to go there. Some of you need to read the posts. I simply quoted JAS..who said Toronto is not the conversation. I don't agree with that. IMO they're just as much in the convo as New York.

Old
02-15-2011, 12:46 PM
JimmyStart*

Trade of the century.
Trade Gabs, Dubs, AA, Boyle and Cally all to Edm for their 2011 and 2012 1st and 2nd round picks. Have a secret deal with our 4 to not sign with Toronto and come back to us no matter what. Use the extra Gab space to overpay each by 1 mil to seal the deal.

Tank this year and re sign all of them but gabs. Sign Richards. See what you can do wityh all those guys and 2 1st overalls (one ours one presumably toronto's 2012) in a row plus 2 2nds every year.

Old
02-15-2011, 12:46 PM
Inferno
HFB Partner

Quote:
Where did I say he wanted to go there. Some of you need to read the posts. I simply quoted JAS..who said Toronto is not the conversation. I don't agree with that. IMO they're just as much in the convo as New York.
if not more. they have the cap space to blow us outta the water.

Old
02-15-2011, 12:59 PM
GrizMint

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ola View Post
The player I want is John Carlson from Washington. Good passer. Good PPQB material. They are looking to beef up for a PO run, but don't have any real capspace.

I'd be prepaired to give up Anisimov for him. AA would be a pretty big upgrade over any 2nd line center Washington have right now (considering that Laich really best is used on the wing, especially if you dream of having any kind fo constructive game).

Id even sweaten the pot some if it have to be done to make the deal (Avery? Gilroy? (id doubt it for a PO run...)).

Carlson is a guy who'd make perfect sense for us. Rightshooting, 6'3 D 208 lb D.

Down the road:
Staal-Carlson
MDZ-Sauer
McD-Girardi

He'll help our PP right away, while still being young. But his bomb would be of much value, and he can handle the puck too. He's defintiely on a another level then Girardi on the PP, even while only being 21 y/o.
We would have to give up a lot more than Anisimov and Gilroy to get Carlson. Dont think the Caps would even consider a trade for him. He is a rookie who is taking on huge ice time and playing in all situations. I believe they are looking to have Carlson as a franchise player on the D-end for a long time. We would have to start with Del Zotto + ..... a lot

Old
02-15-2011, 01:07 PM
eco's bones

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ola View Post

Down the road:
Staal-Carlson
MDZ-Sauer
McD-Girardi

It will cost a bit more than Anisimov to get Carlson. Carlson has a top pairing defenseman written all over him. Anisimov is more like a top 6 forward now and even in the future.

Old
02-15-2011, 01:15 PM
jas
Unsatisfied

Quote:
That was according to either Dreger or MacKenzie.

Old
02-15-2011, 01:18 PM
jas
Unsatisfied

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inferno272 View Post
Again, according to speculation from either Dreger or MacKenzie, (or even possibility LeBrun), Toronto was not mentioned as a likely possibility. Of course, Richards and his agent are not going to eliminate potential suitors.

Old
02-15-2011, 01:28 PM
wolfgaze
Interesting Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by jas View Post
That was according to either Dreger or MacKenzie.
I thought the Stars were visiting Toronto and the Toronto media asked him about that, no?

Old
02-15-2011, 01:28 PM
TrollololBoyle

Quote:
Doesn't matter. If the Rangers offer $1 Million less than the Leafs, they still offer a better package, which includes: familiarity with the coach, stanley cup contention, and it's still New York which is a Original Six franchise, it's not like Nashville or something.

Old
02-15-2011, 01:40 PM
XLJ

Richards isn't going to sign with Toronto. He was talking to the Toronto media he's a classy guy he isn't going to criticize the leafs. I'd be more worried about him wanting to go back to tampa than signing with the leafs. Still I'm fairly confident he will sign with the rangers.

Old
02-15-2011, 01:43 PM
jas
Unsatisfied

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfgaze View Post
I thought the Stars were visiting Toronto and the Toronto media asked him about that, no?
Right, but, I believe in another report, one of the aforementioned scribes speculated that the four likely destinations were Dallas, The Rangers, LA and TB.

Old
02-15-2011, 01:45 PM
Giglio NYR15
Section 417

I must say, I was one of the biggest anti sather, fire sather guys.....but when he came out this week with the "were not trading any valuable pieces" quote, I felt so much better. Also dumping rozival was awesome. I think he finally realized what the hell he has to do, and it took him a while, but we are heading in the right direction.

Btw, anyway who makes up trade proposals with kreider in them should die and cut yourself out of being a rangers fan, your retarded.

That being said.....its kaberle or bust at this point.

Old
02-15-2011, 01:54 PM
Vitto79

alot of Kaberle or bust out there but I am fine with Brewer, McCabe if they come cheaper.

I don't think Pitkanen is going anywhere and especially not to a team the Canes are fighting for a playoff spot with

Old
02-15-2011, 01:54 PM
Trxjw
Retired.

Quote:
I'm not sure if cap space is going to make up for the fact that the Leafs have no real direction.

Closed Thread