HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Notices

Blum vs Josi

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
01-28-2011, 12:42 PM
  #1
august
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 873
vCash: 500
Blum vs Josi

What are your thought on these players?

Is there a major difference between them in the way they play?

august is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2011, 01:29 PM
  #2
elduderino
Registered User
 
elduderino's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Country: Canada
Posts: 141
vCash: 500
Maybe a little bit off-topic, but I just stumbled upon this thread on your board.

I saw Josi last winter playing for Berne in the Swiss League and he was at 19 years old absolutely dominating the game. Very impressive. Some fans at the game told me that this kid is already better than Mark Streit was at this age.
Somehow I get the feeling that the Preds are just too spoiled with all those craz good prospects and players on defense. You guys got another diamond in the rough and I'm almost sure that Josi will surprise you all next year.

Sadly I'ver never seen Blum play in the AHL, but I'm impressed with his career so far. Nice also that he was able to bulk up almost 30 lbs and still maintain most of his mobility and speed.

elduderino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2011, 04:57 AM
  #3
thomast
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 2,581
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by elduderino View Post
Maybe a little bit off-topic, but I just stumbled upon this thread on your board.

I saw Josi last winter playing for Berne in the Swiss League and he was at 19 years old absolutely dominating the game. Very impressive. Some fans at the game told me that this kid is already better than Mark Streit was at this age.
Somehow I get the feeling that the Preds are just too spoiled with all those craz good prospects and players on defense. You guys got another diamond in the rough and I'm almost sure that Josi will surprise you all next year.

Sadly I'ver never seen Blum play in the AHL, but I'm impressed with his career so far. Nice also that he was able to bulk up almost 30 lbs and still maintain most of his mobility and speed.
I saw Josi playing last year. God i was impressed by him. He can play both ends, is a quick and good puck mover. Great pick from preds.

thomast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2011, 05:41 AM
  #4
swissexpert
Registered User
 
swissexpert's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Country: Switzerland
Posts: 1,157
vCash: 500
Josi just scored in his 9th consecutive game. 5G, 5A during that span, he finally shows his offensive potential!

swissexpert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2011, 03:23 PM
  #5
AdmiralsShortShifts
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 179
vCash: 500
I think Josi has passed Blum on the depth chart. He's got a higher ceiling, and is the better all-around player. At least at the AHL level, his ability to handle the puck in transaction is one of his biggest assets, allowing even-man rushes to turn into odd-man rushes.

Blum's got the point totals. His shot fromt he point isn't great, but his o-zone passing is good.

But he's prone to bad decisions. And we know that won't fly with Coach Trotz.

AdmiralsShortShifts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2011, 03:25 PM
  #6
I Will Son
An Army of One
 
I Will Son's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Nashville
Country: United States
Posts: 7,963
vCash: 500
Josi Josi Josi Josi

I Will Son is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2011, 10:52 PM
  #7
predfan24
Registered User
 
predfan24's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 3,115
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by AdmiralsShortShifts View Post
I think Josi has passed Blum on the depth chart. He's got a higher ceiling, and is the better all-around player. At least at the AHL level, his ability to handle the puck in transaction is one of his biggest assets, allowing even-man rushes to turn into odd-man rushes.

Blum's got the point totals. His shot fromt he point isn't great, but his o-zone passing is good.

But he's prone to bad decisions. And we know that won't fly with Coach Trotz.
I always heard one of Blum's strengths was a good low hard accurate shot. Not one that scores a lot but one that generates rebounds.

predfan24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2011, 12:14 AM
  #8
AdmiralsShortShifts
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 179
vCash: 500
Blum did get one through traffic on Sunday. And you're right -- a lot of his points come that way. But I keep noticing a lot of his shots going wide. And a lot of them being blocked high in the zone. Dekanich has had to bail him out on the power play a lot after those blocked shots. Blum is pass-first on the power play.

In 6 less games, Josi has 43 more shots on goal. A shot that makes it on goal is always a good play.

AdmiralsShortShifts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2011, 12:20 AM
  #9
predfan24
Registered User
 
predfan24's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 3,115
vCash: 500
Wow 43 more shots in 6 less games is an amazing stat. I like that Josi isn't afraid to put the puck on net. So you think Josi has passed Blum on the organzational depth chart already? I like Blum but with Josi already playing well in NA and Ellis getting to the A next year I'd have to think he could likely be trade bait.

predfan24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2011, 04:15 PM
  #10
hattrix40
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 26
vCash: 500
Half of you guys clearly don't know what you are talking about. Josi has more shots but Blum has more goals. Josi is -7 playing against third liners and Blum is +13 difference playing against line ones. Josi is a better skater then Blum but Blum is a way better decision maker and passer overall. Blum relies on his passing and Josi relies on his skating. also blum had a nine game point streak as well. we should be happy to have both these guys they compliment each other well


Last edited by hattrix40: 02-14-2011 at 04:24 PM.
hattrix40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2011, 04:22 PM
  #11
triggrman
HFBoards Sponsor
 
triggrman's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Nashville
Country: United States
Posts: 17,123
vCash: 500
I think it's great we have both...

triggrman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2011, 02:03 AM
  #12
OpenWheel
Registered User
 
OpenWheel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Keweenaw Peninsula
Country: United States
Posts: 1,967
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hattrix40 View Post
Half of you guys clearly don't know what you are talking about. Josi has more shots but Blum has more goals. Josi is -7 playing against third liners and Blum is +13 difference playing against line ones. Josi is a better skater then Blum but Blum is a way better decision maker and passer overall. Blum relies on his passing and Josi relies on his skating. also blum had a nine game point streak as well. we should be happy to have both these guys they compliment each other well
But that's not how we do our evaluations. Josi is the newer thing, therefore he has the edge. Blum was considered really hot, two years ago. Now he's old news.

OpenWheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2011, 03:56 AM
  #13
predwings
Registered User
 
predwings's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Brentwood/Las Vegas
Country: United States
Posts: 571
vCash: 500
Time will tell, can't really make judgments on them just yet they are both still very much learning and developing as players.

predwings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2011, 09:15 AM
  #14
predfan24
Registered User
 
predfan24's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 3,115
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hattrix40 View Post
Half of you guys clearly don't know what you are talking about. Josi has more shots but Blum has more goals. Josi is -7 playing against third liners and Blum is +13 difference playing against line ones. Josi is a better skater then Blum but Blum is a way better decision maker and passer overall. Blum relies on his passing and Josi relies on his skating. also blum had a nine game point streak as well. we should be happy to have both these guys they compliment each other well
I know I don't thats why I'm asking someone who does. Josi playing against third liners? I thought Josi and Blum were paired together.

predfan24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2011, 09:50 AM
  #15
PredsV82
Puckaroni and cheese
 
PredsV82's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Outside
Country: Scotland
Posts: 12,604
vCash: 50
The big question is, if they are both NHL caliber prospects, will we eventually have a spot for both of them?

If yes, the Poile the Asset Hoarder will keep them both and eventually phase them in.

If no, then I expect we will see one of them traded while their value is high, either at the deadline or this summer.

PredsV82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2011, 10:21 AM
  #16
triggrman
HFBoards Sponsor
 
triggrman's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Nashville
Country: United States
Posts: 17,123
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PredsV82 View Post
The big question is, if they are both NHL caliber prospects, will we eventually have a spot for both of them?

If yes, the Poile the Asset Hoarder will keep them both and eventually phase them in.

If no, then I expect we will see one of them traded while their value is high, either at the deadline or this summer.
I can see a group that includes 3 of Josi, Franson, Blum and Ellis but not all 4.

triggrman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2011, 10:58 AM
  #17
hattrix40
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 26
vCash: 500
Why would you base your evaluations on who is new. It's about how a player is and reliable your info is. Which for half of you have no clue what you are talking about.

hattrix40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2011, 11:01 AM
  #18
OpenWheel
Registered User
 
OpenWheel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Keweenaw Peninsula
Country: United States
Posts: 1,967
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hattrix40 View Post
Why would you base your evaluations on who is new. It's about how a player is and reliable your info is. Which for half of you have no clue what you are talking about.
It was a joke about how we often get excited about the latest thing. Chill.

Near as I can tell, almsot everyone above gave an impression from having seen Josi or Blum play. Except a guy who asked if Josi had passed Blum when he noted the shot stat, he didn't say that meant anything except that he shoots. Hard to find any errors worth saying they "don't have a clue". Unless of course your eyeballs are more accurate than theirs.


Last edited by OpenWheel: 02-15-2011 at 11:16 AM.
OpenWheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2011, 01:18 PM
  #19
predfan24
Registered User
 
predfan24's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 3,115
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hattrix40 View Post
Why would you base your evaluations on who is new. It's about how a player is and reliable your info is. Which for half of you have no clue what you are talking about.
I get my info from scouting reports and guys who see them play. Pretty sure AdmiralShortShifts knows what he is talking about.

predfan24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2011, 03:01 PM
  #20
token grinder
Registered User
 
token grinder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: USA
Posts: 4,121
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hattrix40 View Post
Why would you base your evaluations on who is new. It's about how a player is and reliable your info is. Which for half of you have no clue what you are talking about.
I forget what thread it was, but someone had asked an ads coach about josi and he said he may have been the best player to come throught there. and this guy saw weber, suter, klein, franson go through there. pains me to say that as a blum fan, but thrills me as a pred fan

token grinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2011, 06:16 PM
  #21
glenngineer
Registered User
 
glenngineer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Spring Hill, TN
Country: United States
Posts: 3,939
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by token grinder View Post
I forget what thread it was, but someone had asked an ads coach about josi and he said he may have been the best player to come throught there. and this guy saw weber, suter, klein, franson go through there. pains me to say that as a blum fan, but thrills me as a pred fan
They asked Lambert that question I believe.

glenngineer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2011, 12:21 AM
  #22
scanzzilla
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 54
vCash: 500
How has Sulzer looked for you guys?

scanzzilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2011, 04:03 AM
  #23
TheNextOneX
Registered User
 
TheNextOneX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Lausanne
Country: Switzerland
Posts: 652
vCash: 500
Josi match Shea Weber points during his Milwaukee day.

Let the kid play in the NHL.

TheNextOneX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2011, 04:35 AM
  #24
SwissStef
Registered User
 
SwissStef's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 112
vCash: 500
Well, Blum is doing the same...
Stats are not the most important part in the game! But I hope Josi gets a chance to play some NHL games next season!

SwissStef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2011, 04:36 AM
  #25
TheNextOneX
Registered User
 
TheNextOneX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Lausanne
Country: Switzerland
Posts: 652
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SwissStef View Post
Well, Blum is doing the same...
Stats are not the most important part in the game! But I hope Josi gets a chance to play some NHL games next season!
Josi has the edge since it is his rookie season...

TheNextOneX is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:31 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.