HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Nashville/San Jose

Old
02-15-2011, 03:54 PM
token grinder
formerly sirryan189

vCash: 500
wow, a deal that the preds would actually win.

I think it is too lopsided in the preds favor. adds 7 mil a year to the preds and only giving 2 back or so. preds would have to add a piece from next years cap. maybe erat instead of sk.

token grinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2011, 03:56 PM
Jesus Toews*

Quote:
Originally Posted by stalockrox View Post
It's a bad deal for both sides...Nashville won't take on that salary and the Sharks give up way too much, including Vlasic who is already a top 4, for a guy who 'should' become a top 4. I know Franson is a good young player but right now it's a sideways move. I guess I'm also not as unhappy w/ Heatley as most.

On top of that, how can you possibly say that Petrecki and Doherty have somewhat stalled in their development? Everything I've read about both of them is that they've made good strides this year - Doherty especially. 19/20 is a bit young to say he's stalled.
Vlasic is decent at what he does but on a team starved for puck-movers on the back end he's very much expendable. We all believed his offensive game would eventually come around but it's looking like it never will. That's fine for a team like Nashville who have Suter and Weber on their team, will probably have Blum with the big club next year, can pair Vlasic with a solid young puck-mover in Klein and have Ellis yet to come in the pipeline.

Petrecki has improved but that's not saying a whole lot since he had a trainwreck of a season in the AHL last year. I agree that it's unfair to write him and Doherty off and I didn't mean to sound like I was doing that. Just saying that they'll probably take longer than originally anticipated and Franson will hold down a top 4 spot until they come along.

Jesus Toews* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2011, 03:58 PM
worstfaceoffmanever
These Snacks Are Odd

Seriously? Heatley isn't a great fit for Nashville, but that value is hilariously lopsided in our favor.

worstfaceoffmanever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2011, 04:00 PM
ChompChomp
SACK T-MAC

1st, Heatley, Vlasic for Hornqvist, Suter and Franson

Done deal.

ChompChomp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2011, 04:01 PM
Jesus Toews*

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChompChomp View Post

Done deal.
That's ridiculous. Suter is their best player and one of the best defensemen in the NHL.

Old
02-15-2011, 04:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by barrytrotzsneck View Post
"I personally guarantee that SK will not report to Nashville, and instead will bolt to the KHL!!! HE'S A CANCER!"

"I personally guarantee that SK will draw the ire of teammates and coaches and get demoted. He won't report, and will bolt to the KHL. HE'S A CANCER!"

"I personally guarantee that SK's work ethic, the way he's impressed Trotz and his positive attitude will not last. HE'S A CANCER!"

"I personally guarantee that though SK is your leading scorer, HE'S A CANCER!"

Dude, seriously. Get over it. Maybe, just maybe, there were two sides to the Sergei situation in Montreal, and maybe he wasn't entirely to blame? He's been a model citizen in Nashville, he's practically a team mascot, his teammates love him so much, and to top it all off, he is second on the team in goal scoring and points. I'll take that "cancer" any day. But hey, maybe you can send us some more "cancer" for an AHLer and a UFA goaltender you can't sign. We'd be happy to have his brother, as well.

With all of that said, the value isn't as bad as some are making it out...Heatley's contract takes away from his on-ice value, and makes him a non starter for a team that has two big contracts to hand out over the next two summers to Suter and Weber(not to mention, Rinne, after next season).
Montreal fans are just bitter because they traded away the two best Belorussians they had and kept the crappiest one. Grabovski would be their leading goal-scorer and second-leading point-producer while Sergei would be the third-leading goal-scorer.

080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2011, 04:11 PM
SpezDispenser

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChompChomp View Post

Done deal.
Suter alone holds more value than Heatley, why would the Preds even think about this?

SpezDispenser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2011, 04:12 PM
Patty Ice
Best in the World

Send a message via AIM to Patty Ice Send a message via MSN to Patty Ice
I hate having Doug Wilson as GM but I'm glad he's the GM at the moment and you are not.

I do like the idea of going after Franson but not to the point of proposing an insanely lopsided deal to avoid being labeled a homer.

02-15-2011, 04:15 PM
Pinkfloyd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turnstyles View Post

You didn't read my post closely enough. If they had waived Cheechoo they would have been able to fit in both Michalek and Ehrhoff in addition to Blake's contract. The Sharks' main problem is their lack of mobility from the blueline and Vlasic brings none of that. Franson is a long-term solution as a two-way d-man who excels on both sides of the puck.
Uhh...what? Of course Vlasic brings mobility to the blue line. His mobility is up there with Boyle and Demers. It is simply that is a lot more defensively-oriented than those two rather than being able to contribute offensively. His mobility is still required on this team. As for Franson, he's a fine solution if he can be acquired but the goal is to add a top four d-man without giving one up.

As for Heatley, if reports were correct about his wish list a couple years ago when he was traded to the Sharks, then there is six places that the Sharks could trade him to. Three are in the Pacific being LA, Anaheim, and Dallas. Two are in the Northwest being Vancouver and Calgary. And the last one at that time was reportedly Pittsburgh likely due to their Cup win. With that in mind, we could probably add whoever ends up winning the Cup this year.

I just don't think that Doug Wilson would be willing to trade Heatley to a division rival during the off-season. The only time I've seen him make a deal with a division rival is when he's buying and they're selling. Vancouver's not going to have a need for him. Calgary's not going to have a need for him. At that point, we're really banking on either the Cup champs willing to take him on or Heatley adding teams to his list. I honestly don't see either happening.

But for the sake of argument, let's say Calgary wanted to take a run at him. Nothing between when the Sharks acquired him and when they would theoretically trade him that would alter his value much in either direction. So we can expect a decent roster player, a dump, and a pick...relatively. From Calgary's end, that could be considered Niklas Hagman, Cory Sarich, and a 2nd for Heatley and a 5th. Would that really be worth the trade because combined those two make 6.6 mil through the end of next season. You save just under a mil and really get nothing helpful to the team after that and then you'd lose the cap hit. At least with how awful Heatley fits in, he's generally producing which is more than most could say.

I understand wanting to dump Heatley but realistically there is no trade out there to accommodate the dump, let alone get something good for him, let alone not put him in a position to kill us in seasons coming up.

Pinkfloyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2011, 04:15 PM
Jesus Toews*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patty Ice View Post
I hate having Doug Wilson as GM but I'm glad he's the GM at the moment and you are not.

I do like the idea of going after Franson but not to the point of proposing an insanely lopsided deal to avoid being labeled a homer.
Heatley essentially has negative value at this point though. I agree that I put in SK instead of Hornqvist so I wouldn't be flamed for being a homer but I don't see how this is too bad of an overpayment from the Sharks' end. I think letting go of Vlasic is a necessity unless they plan to somehow acquire enough competent two-way blueliners to bump MEV down to the third pairing because he just hasn't developed the puck moving skills we thought he would.

Old
02-15-2011, 04:30 PM
Pinkfloyd

Quote:
Heatley essentially has negative value at this point though. I agree that I put in SK instead of Hornqvist so I wouldn't be flamed for being a homer but I don't see how this is too bad of an overpayment from the Sharks' end. I think letting go of Vlasic is a necessity unless they plan to somehow acquire enough competent two-way blueliners to bump MEV down to the third pairing because he just hasn't developed the puck moving skills we thought he would.
Quite simply, Heatley does not have negative value. You have to take a dump back but that's not negative value. Negative value is when you have to add a quality asset to get someone to take him. Someone's either going to take him or not and that all comes down to his cap hit and not much else.

As for Vlasic, he doesn't have the puck skills for a quality offensive blue liner and in his case a supreme two-way d-man. He does have the puck skills needed to do his job well and it is definitely something the Sharks need to keep and use. Just because he isn't an offensive presence doesn't mean he can't move the puck the way he needs to in order to help the team. He's not a giveaway machine and his turnovers don't turn into prime scoring opportunities like Wallin. Vlasic's biggest issue is that he sometimes gets stubborn trying to go up the boards. Other than that, his puck play in his own zone is good enough. He's not nearly as bad as you think he is.

Pinkfloyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2011, 04:56 PM
TheSandman

The Sharks get massively hosed in this deal, and to use my favorite HF-ism "it's not even close".

Heatley is coming off of back to back 39-goal seasons, leads the Sharks in scoring, and holds more value than people around here give him credit for. Does he have problems? Yes. Is he expendable? Absolutely, he always has been because of the Sharks scoring depth (on paper, at least). But for Franson and Kostitsyn? Yikes. No way. No effin way.

Edit: Didn't even talk about Vlasic. Sharks need to ADD to their defense...the only allowable subtractions should be Wallin, Huskins, or maybe Demers if the right situation comes along.

TheSandman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2011, 05:11 PM
magic school bus

vCash: 141
Heatley does not have negative value, at worst he's Scott Gomez now.

SJ should not add a 1st rounder, and Vlasic's value is being underrated.

To NAS:

Heatley
Vlasic
Setoguchi

To SJ:
Hornqvist
Franson
Watson
2nd

magic school bus is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2011, 05:17 PM
Soundgarden

Quote:
Originally Posted by magic school bus View Post
Heatley does not have negative value, at worst he's Scott Gomez now.

SJ should not add a 1st rounder, and Vlasic's value is being underrated.

To NAS:

Heatley
Vlasic
Setoguchi

To SJ:
Hornqvist
Franson
Watson
2nd
I'd do that, but San Jose would need to take salary back maybe take out Setoguchi and Watson and put in Dumont or Lombardi?

Soundgarden is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2011, 05:23 PM
magic school bus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soundgarden View Post
I'd do that, but San Jose would need to take salary back maybe take out Setoguchi and Watson and put in Dumont or Lombardi?
a lot of the motivation for this trade comes from dumping the bulk of Heatley's contract, but i'll take Lombardi if we have to.

Old
02-15-2011, 05:24 PM
Sharks4Life

Quote:
That's ridiculous. Suter is their best player and one of the best defensemen in the NHL.
and trading our leading points player, vlasic and a first for franson isn't....and don't try and tell me but we get sk too......like i said i still call bs on you being a sharks fan.

Sharks4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2011, 05:41 PM
oXo Cube
Termite

Send a message via Skype™ to oXo Cube
There are actually sharks fans in here that think this would be a good idea?

O_o

oXo Cube is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2011, 05:49 PM
magic school bus

Quote:
Originally Posted by oXo Cube View Post
There are actually sharks fans in here that think this would be a good idea?

O_o
the OP is a terrible trade for SJ, after that everyone is trying to stay civil and offer fair trades for both sides.

Sergei Kostistyn? really?

Old
02-15-2011, 06:01 PM
vipernsx
Flatus Expeller

Nashville needs to sign Weber, they're not taking on Heatley.

vipernsx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2011, 06:10 PM
Naki

Quote:
Originally Posted by vipernsx View Post
Nashville needs to sign Weber, they're not taking on Heatley.
After trading Heatley to Nashville San Jose would just offer sheet Weber.

Naki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2011, 06:12 PM
Ninja Hertl
formerly sharkohol

this is a hilarious proposal.

heatley may just be the most underrated player on hf. sounds weird at first, but when even a certain clique of sharks fans are having a severe hate-on, it's pretty obvious.

sharks get bent over in this. and that first rounder isnt gonna be as low as it usually is.

Ninja Hertl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2011, 06:18 PM
Ninja Hertl
formerly sharkohol

heatley has negative value? major lolz over here folks.

are you jpavsclutchy in disguise?

Ninja Hertl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2011, 06:28 PM
Mafoofoo
:facepalm:

Meh you guys can have Heatley for a ham sandwich or something. We need some better D and 7.5 mil of free capspace in addition to Wallin and Huskins going away will help alot.

Mafoofoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2011, 06:41 PM
wtfisthis

As much as I want Heatley to be traded, this proposal is terrible. I wouldn't trade Heatley for Franson straight up. Setoguchi, yes, but not Heatley. And why give up Vlasic in a deal involving Franson? That's a pretty lateral move and the Sharks don't need Kostitsyn at all.

wtfisthis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2011, 07:18 PM
Sharks4Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharkohol View Post
this is a hilarious proposal.

heatley may just be the most underrated player on hf. sounds weird at first, but when even a certain clique of sharks fans are having a severe hate-on, it's pretty obvious.

sharks get bent over in this. and that first rounder isnt gonna be as low as it usually is.
this....lol.

Sharks4Life is offline   Reply With Quote