HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Dubinsky's next contract

Old
02-15-2011, 09:57 AM
SwedishBullet62
Never go full torts.

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrooklynRangersFan View Post
Under the current CBA only 35+ contracts and ELCs can contain bonuses.
Yea I was wondering what the rule on that was, no bonus' for dubi then

SwedishBullet62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2011, 10:09 AM
CM PUNK

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRfan1823 View Post
He will ask for 4.5 around 6 yeas, which is not that bad. Sather will ask for 3 years @3.75. I say he gets around 4 Mil- 4.25 Mil, not sure on the length.
i think it'll be the opposite and sather will be the one pushing for more years...i think he'd LOVE to get dubinsky and callahan locked up long term and buy some of their UFA years

CM PUNK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2011, 10:17 AM
Boom Boom Geoffrion*
CarciLOL

Dubinsky: 3.75M
Callahan: 3.5M
Anisimov: 1.875M
Boyle: 1.750M
Sauer: 1.250M

Same guys who expected Staal to sign a 5M contract are expecting Dubi/Cally to sign for 4M. I think both Dubi and Cally sign contract similar to Staal/Girardi. Under 4M.

Boom Boom Geoffrion* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2011, 10:40 AM
I Am Chariot
One shift at a time

Didn't Dubi ask for 4 mill last time?

I Am Chariot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2011, 10:43 AM
Boom Boom Geoffrion*
CarciLOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chariot View Post
Yes, but he didn't even get half of that.

I can't see Sather paying Dubinsky more than Staal. I know that you can't always compare the contracts of two different positional players, but I don't see a 4M contract unless Dubinsky goes on a tear from here on out.

Old
02-15-2011, 10:47 AM
GAGLine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chariot View Post
On a 4 year deal. And I'm sure it was his agent asking for that, not necessarily Dubi himself. These players all have agents for a reason.

Sather gave him a 2 year deal for less money to let Dubi prove he can take the next step in his development before getting his big pay day. Dubi has done that. I hope Dubi signs for 4+ years, and I'd like to see these deals get done sooner rather than later.

GAGLine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2011, 10:49 AM
Fitzy
All Is Well

vCash: 50
We'll be lucky to get Dubi under 4.

We're looking at some serious raises here. I hope Slats doesnt shorten the deal lengths in order to lowball for more free agents. I'd like 4 years deals fo Dubi and Cally at least, each.

Sauer will get a contract similar to Girardi's first (2 years, 1.55 mil per)
Boyle should get another 1 year deal.

02-15-2011, 10:57 AM
Boom Boom Geoffrion*
CarciLOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fitzy Duke of NY View Post
We'll be lucky to get Dubi under 4.
Why?

Old
02-15-2011, 10:57 AM
Trxjw
Bored.

Dubinsky's contract is going to be dependent on how many years of UFA Sather wants to pay for. We all see the potential, and I'm sure Sather does too, but I doubt we're going to pay the guy like a 60 point power forward until he actually proves that he is.

I'd be very, very surprised if he signed for over $4MM per year.

Trxjw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2011, 11:01 AM
mullichicken25

anyone with eyes knows dubi's gonna get paid this offseason

Glenn's going to have to work some magic this year

Boyle will be an interesting one...i could see the rangers low-balling him and him making a good case if it goes to arbitration

bottom line: this will NOT be easy

mullichicken25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2011, 11:15 AM
Lion Hound
@JoeTucc26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boom Boom Geoffrion View Post
Why?
Becuase he is going to get what the market commands. I doubt he takes less. On Staal...while it could definately be argued his contract could have or should have been more his stats I don't think helped him. Dubi's will.

Lion Hound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2011, 11:23 AM
BrandNewDream

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trxjw View Post
Dubinsky's contract is going to be dependent on how many years of UFA Sather wants to pay for. We all see the potential, and I'm sure Sather does too, but I doubt we're going to pay the guy like a 60 point power forward until he actually proves that he is.

I'd be very, very surprised if he signed for over $4MM per year.
Really? I think Dubi's gonna look right to Milan Lucic's contract, see that he's out performed him, and ask for more than that.

BrandNewDream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2011, 12:04 PM
GregNYR19
agitator

Send a message via AIM to GregNYR19
Quote:
Originally Posted by DatsyukSOGoal View Post
It would be a steal if it was anywhere from $3 to $4 million, a little to much if it is $4.75 million or over in my opinion.
anything over $4mil is much. especially with callahan in the mix. and anisimov, boyle are also RFA. with the richards talk, what will he command?? hes making $7.8 in DAL i cant see him getting that or more but the rangers dont have much cap room let alone the summer cap when redden's contract resurfaces

GregNYR19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2011, 12:57 PM
xxxZENxxx

Dubi and Cally will get the big raises... probably right in line with what Staal and Girardi make respectfully. Maybe a smidge more. I would assume that Sather will play hardball with Boyle, AA, and Sauer. Qualifying offers around the table.

BTW- if Sather signs Boyle to multi-year deal worth anything more than $1M, I will jump out a window. I could never see him repeating this year's performance... anywhere close.

xxxZENxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2011, 02:05 PM
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller

The Rangers have established a pattern. When a group II signs a contract longer than two years,it includes at least 1 group III year. The Rangers don't have contracts conclude right before group III begins.

Fedor Tyutin signed a 4 year contract in 2008. Three arbitration years and 1 group III year.

Dan Girardi signed a 2 year deal when he was 3 years away from being a group III and that contract ended 1 year before group III. Signed a 4 year deal which includes 3 group III years.

Ryan Callahan is in the same boat as Girardi was last summer. Three years away from group III in 2009. Signed a two year deal. Group III next summer. Callahan is not getting a 1 year deal or even a 2 year deal which includes just 1 group III year.

Brandon Dubinsky is not getting a 1 year deal so the Rangers have another arbitration case next summer and it's not a 2 year deal which will conclude when Dubinsky will be a group III.

The Rangers will want at least three year deals for Callahan and Dubinsky.

Even with Marc Staal last summer,there was a 3 year deal for less money on the table which would have taken him to one year away from group III but he signed the 5 year deal which included 1 year of group III. He's getting paid $5.45M in that year.

Brian Boyle is one year away from being a group III. Don't think the Rangers want to be in a position next summer where Boyle can become a group III. He was 3 years away from being a group III and signed a 2 year deal. 1 year away from being a group III. 3 year deal.

RangerBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2011, 02:08 PM
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxxZENxxx View Post
Dubi and Cally will get the big raises... probably right in line with what Staal and Girardi make respectfully. Maybe a smidge more. I would assume that Sather will play hardball with Boyle, AA, and Sauer. Qualifying offers around the table.

BTW- if Sather signs Boyle to multi-year deal worth anything more than $1M, I will jump out a window. I could never see him repeating this year's performance... anywhere close.
I hope you have health insurance. Look at Boyle's numbers. He is getting more than $1M. Arbitration eligible.

Sauer is also arbitration eligible.

RangerBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2011, 02:50 PM
Stugots
Kolo, Kolo Kolo!

I was just looking at this on CapGeek. Say we buy out Drury. Locking up our 4 core RFA's and signing Richards like so many on here are pining for (including myself) is going to take us within a hair of the salary cap. This is a situation where I wish Boogaard was never signed.

Stugots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2011, 02:57 PM
Boom Boom Geoffrion*
CarciLOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lion Hound View Post
Becuase he is going to get what the market commands. I doubt he takes less. On Staal...while it could definately be argued his contract could have or should have been more his stats I don't think helped him. Dubi's will.
What the market commands? Find me a couple of comparison's~

Old
02-15-2011, 03:02 PM
jas
Unsatisfied

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stugots View Post
I was just looking at this on CapGeek. Say we buy out Drury. Locking up our 4 core RFA's and signing Richards like so many on here are pining for (including myself) is going to take us within a hair of the salary cap. This is a situation where I wish Boogaard was never signed.
What cap figure did you use for next year? It has been speculated that the cap will go at least $3 million, as league revenues are reportedly up 14% this year.

jas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2011, 03:48 PM
17futurecap

Quote:
Before Mike Fisher signed a 5 year deal for 21 million dollars his previous seasons saw him put up 44, 48, and 47 points. Last 3 years for Dubinsky he put up 41,44, and has 42 points already this season. The man is going to get paid. Matt Moulson got a nice contract after 1.5 good years of hockey on the Island.

17futurecap is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2011, 03:55 PM
Stugots
Kolo, Kolo Kolo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jas View Post
What cap figure did you use for next year? It has been speculated that the cap will go at least $3 million, as league revenues are reportedly up 14% this year.
Hmm I didn't realize that when doing my cap calculation. If it does go up by 3 million then I think, pending a Drury buyout, we'd be able to sign Richards and have a million or two left over depending on whether or not we re-sign Eminger and Gilroy or just promote someone from the Whale.

Stugots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2011, 05:36 PM
Lion Hound
@JoeTucc26

Quote:
With my boss looking over my shoulder i can't research it enough here, but off the top of my head thinking Nathan Horton type deal. I think his cap hit is around 4mil right? Very similar player, Dubi the younger version.

Old
02-15-2011, 05:38 PM
vipernsx
Flatus Expeller

vCash: 566
Quote:
I always used Ryan Kesler and Ryan Clowe as a comparison to Dubinsky with the Idea Kesler was a couple years ahead of Dubinsky. I think at this point Dubinsky has show he's surpassed Clowe in offensive capability and still needs to follow Kesler's development.

I think Callahan's contract will be set closer to Ryan Clowe's and Dubinsky's will be set closer to Kesler's. Both will be in the 5 year range.

vipernsx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2011, 07:53 PM
Lion Hound
@JoeTucc26

Quote:
Originally Posted by vipernsx View Post
I always used Ryan Kesler and Ryan Clowe as a comparison to Dubinsky with the Idea Kesler was a couple years ahead of Dubinsky. I think at this point Dubinsky has show he's surpassed Clowe in offensive capability and still needs to follow Kesler's development.

I think Callahan's contract will be set closer to Ryan Clowe's and Dubinsky's will be set closer to Kesler's. Both will be in the 5 year range.
Both are great comparisions. Here's two more...

Joe Pavelski SJ 4mil Cap Hit 4 years 16 mil
David Backes STL 4.5 Cap Hit 5 years 22.5 mil