HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

#56: Flyers @ Lightning - Tuesday, Feb. 15, 2011 - 7:30 PM (ET)

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
02-15-2011, 05:36 PM
  #76
KimiFerrari
Messi Is God
 
KimiFerrari's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Montreal, Qc
Country: Argentina
Posts: 3,818
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MiamiScreamingEagles View Post
Shelley and Zherdev will be scratched.
Shelly out I don't mind, because if there is another move, and Carcillo is involved then he needs to be showcased. Zherdev on the other hand should be playing, although against Tampa it might be better to tighten up on any defensive lapse.

KimiFerrari is offline  
Old
02-15-2011, 05:38 PM
  #77
HoverCarle*
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Country: Canada
Posts: 17,859
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to HoverCarle*
If Shelley and Z are out, what are the lines? Hope Versteeg is still with Richards. Slap Nodl with Carter and Giroux to grind for them

HoverCarle* is offline  
Old
02-15-2011, 05:39 PM
  #78
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment
 
GKJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Do not trade plz
Country: United States
Posts: 111,092
vCash: 500
I really hope Zherdev isn't waived. Teams will want him. Make them give you something. Stop this charade of "we need options."

GKJ is offline  
Old
02-15-2011, 05:40 PM
  #79
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Beefitor
 
Beef Invictus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Centreville
Country: Lord Howe Island
Posts: 38,958
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by KimiFerrari View Post
Shelly out I don't mind, because if there is another move, and Carcillo is involved then he needs to be showcased. Zherdev on the other hand should be playing, although against Tampa it might be better to tighten up on any defensive lapse.
I agree. This is so teams can see Carcillo.

Beef Invictus is online now  
Old
02-15-2011, 05:52 PM
  #80
OriginJM
watch out im smart
 
OriginJM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 4,590
vCash: 500
Them scratching Zherdev is ****ing annoying. Stop it, he's fine on the ice. I hate this defensive argument against him.

OriginJM is offline  
Old
02-15-2011, 05:56 PM
  #81
sa cyred
Yea....the Flyers...
 
sa cyred's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Traveling...
Country: Cuba
Posts: 15,624
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by OriginJM View Post
Them scratching Zherdev is ****ing annoying. Stop it, he's fine on the ice. I hate this defensive argument against him.
Everyone see's it. Everyone except a few fans.

sa cyred is offline  
Old
02-15-2011, 06:00 PM
  #82
decadentia
Registered User
 
decadentia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: New Brunswick
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,547
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bretzky15 View Post
as per Dallas Dave's twitter account

"Appears there is something to those rumors that Zherdev will hit the waiver wire soon. "

This was on the main forums, supposedly the guy isn't full of **** usually.

This better not be true.

decadentia is offline  
Old
02-15-2011, 06:06 PM
  #83
Orange Crush 89
Registered User
 
Orange Crush 89's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 755
vCash: 500
Shutout, why not. Anyone who believes in jinxes has issues. Words you say or type have no impact on what happens in reality. Get over yourself.

Orange Crush 89 is offline  
Old
02-15-2011, 06:06 PM
  #84
HoverCarle*
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Country: Canada
Posts: 17,859
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to HoverCarle*
Quote:
Originally Posted by sa cyred View Post
Everyone see's it. Everyone except a few fans.
He does have good periods of play, followed by stinkers.

If he played bad every game, he would have been waived ages ago

HoverCarle* is offline  
Old
02-15-2011, 06:06 PM
  #85
MiamiScreamingEagles
Global Moderator
A Fistful of Dollars
 
MiamiScreamingEagles's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 39,968
vCash: 961
Chris Lee and Steve Kozari are your refs.

MiamiScreamingEagles is online now  
Old
02-15-2011, 06:08 PM
  #86
Cinerary
The Inexorable
 
Cinerary's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: West Chester, PA
Country: United States
Posts: 2,581
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MiamiScreamingEagles View Post
Chris Lee and Steve Kozari are your refs.
****ing wonderful. I still want to impale Lee from that last game in Boston.

Cinerary is offline  
Old
02-15-2011, 06:08 PM
  #87
TheLegendkiller
Registered User
 
TheLegendkiller's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 4,457
vCash: 500
Okay...so how the hell am I gonna watch this game when I live in Pens country?


I want you to save me from bombs Homeland Security not streaming sports.

TheLegendkiller is offline  
Old
02-15-2011, 06:13 PM
  #88
flyersguy33*
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 20,708
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLegendkiller View Post
Okay...so how the hell am I gonna watch this game when I live in Pens country?


I want you to save me from bombs Homeland Security not streaming sports.
http://www.myp2pforum.eu/forums/29-NHL-Icehockey


everyday

flyersguy33* is offline  
Old
02-15-2011, 06:14 PM
  #89
TheLegendkiller
Registered User
 
TheLegendkiller's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 4,457
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyersguy33 View Post

Oooh sick.

TheLegendkiller is offline  
Old
02-15-2011, 06:15 PM
  #90
agrudez*
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: South Jersey
Country: United States
Posts: 2,612
vCash: 500
What the hell Lavi... how do you not let Bob start tonight after the performance he had against LA?

I just plain don't understand how he picks his goalie each night sometimes.

agrudez* is offline  
Old
02-15-2011, 06:17 PM
  #91
MiamiScreamingEagles
Global Moderator
A Fistful of Dollars
 
MiamiScreamingEagles's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 39,968
vCash: 961
Quote:
Originally Posted by agrudez View Post
What the hell Lavi... how do you not let Bob start tonight after the performance he had against LA?

I just plain don't understand how he picks his goalie each night sometimes.
Tonight is probably because Bobrovsky has been removed from two games against the Lightning.

MiamiScreamingEagles is online now  
Old
02-15-2011, 06:17 PM
  #92
HoverCarle*
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Country: Canada
Posts: 17,859
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to HoverCarle*
Bob will probably go tomorrow vs Florida

HoverCarle* is offline  
Old
02-15-2011, 06:17 PM
  #93
KimiFerrari
Messi Is God
 
KimiFerrari's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Montreal, Qc
Country: Argentina
Posts: 3,818
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by agrudez View Post
What the hell Lavi... how do you not let Bob start tonight after the performance he had against LA?

I just plain don't understand how he picks his goalie each night sometimes.
Because Bobo has been run out of each Tampa game he started?

KimiFerrari is offline  
Old
02-15-2011, 06:19 PM
  #94
agrudez*
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: South Jersey
Country: United States
Posts: 2,612
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MiamiScreamingEagles View Post
Tonight is probable because Bobrovsky has been removed from two games against the Lightning.
Both games the team didn't show up (the 8-7 game and the game after the long break). Honestly, that is all the more reason to give Bob the start. What if he is our start in the playoffs and we play TB, do you want that stat hanging over his head?

Lavi claims he goes with the hot hand in net, but he has given the start to the opposite goalie after the other one had a great game multiple times the season - just makes no sense.

agrudez* is offline  
Old
02-15-2011, 06:21 PM
  #95
Bryz4shiz
Registered User
 
Bryz4shiz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Alhoa Oe
Posts: 3,007
vCash: 500
Haven't been able to watch a game for a while, so the Flyers better not disappoint tonight, and they really do need to prove they can beat Tampa

Bryz4shiz is offline  
Old
02-15-2011, 06:22 PM
  #96
flyersfan187
Registered User
 
flyersfan187's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Morrisdale, PA
Country: United States
Posts: 1,838
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to flyersfan187 Send a message via Skype™ to flyersfan187
Zherdev can score and that is about it. He should be scratched.

flyersfan187 is offline  
Old
02-15-2011, 06:23 PM
  #97
MiamiScreamingEagles
Global Moderator
A Fistful of Dollars
 
MiamiScreamingEagles's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 39,968
vCash: 961
Quote:
Originally Posted by agrudez View Post
Both games the team didn't show up (the 8-7 game and the game after the long break). Honestly, that is all the more reason to give Bob the start. What if he is our start in the playoffs and we play TB, do you want that stat hanging over his head?
That's a big "if" to coaches at this stage of the season and likely the reason why Laviolette is playing Boucher tonight is based on this season's results. It isn't meant to isolate Bobrovsky as the problem for those two games. He'll probably play tomorrow.

MiamiScreamingEagles is online now  
Old
02-15-2011, 06:24 PM
  #98
KimiFerrari
Messi Is God
 
KimiFerrari's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Montreal, Qc
Country: Argentina
Posts: 3,818
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by agrudez View Post
Both games the team didn't show up (the 8-7 game and the game after the long break). Honestly, that is all the more reason to give Bob the start. What if he is our start in the playoffs and we play TB, do you want that stat hanging over his head?

Lavi claims he goes with the hot hand in net, but he has given the start to the opposite goalie after the other one had a great game multiple times the season - just makes no sense.
Then they play Boucher if they run into Tampa during the playoffs. Bobo is a rookie, and we have a vet here to take some pressure off of him for a reason.

Both have been playing well, so there is no clear cut #1 goalie.

KimiFerrari is offline  
Old
02-15-2011, 06:27 PM
  #99
sa cyred
Yea....the Flyers...
 
sa cyred's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Traveling...
Country: Cuba
Posts: 15,624
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by KimiFerrari View Post
Then they play Boucher if they run into Tampa during the playoffs. Bobo is a rookie, and we have a vet here to take some pressure off of him for a reason.

Both have been playing well, so there is no clear cut #1 goalie.
Down the line, they are going to need to choose one, so they can get ready for playoffs. Playing merry-go-round late wont be a good thing.


That being said, its a shame Zherdov isnt played (yes, Zherdov for anyone watching CSN)

sa cyred is offline  
Old
02-15-2011, 06:28 PM
  #100
MiamiScreamingEagles
Global Moderator
A Fistful of Dollars
 
MiamiScreamingEagles's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 39,968
vCash: 961
Richards, Nodl and Versteeg are the starting forwards.

MiamiScreamingEagles is online now  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:29 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.