HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Nashville/San Jose

Old
02-15-2011, 06:42 PM
rideaucrusher21

vCash: 500
awful awful deal for the sharks.

Odd, but Heatley is very under-rated on hf boards.

Sharks leader in points this year, big frame, great hockey IQ, soft hands, heavy shot, plays on the PK...

and you want to trade said player for a borderline top 4 defenseman and SERGEI FREAKING KOSTITSYN??!?!?!
never mind throwing in a solid, young top 4 dman and a 1st round pick..

jeeez, what an awful trade.

rideaucrusher21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2011, 06:48 PM
Jesus Toews*

Quote:
Originally Posted by rideaucrusher21 View Post
awful awful deal for the sharks.

Odd, but Heatley is very under-rated on hf boards.

Sharks leader in points this year, big frame, great hockey IQ, soft hands, heavy shot, plays on the PK...

and you want to trade said player for a borderline top 4 defenseman and SERGEI FREAKING KOSTITSYN??!?!?!
never mind throwing in a solid, young top 4 dman and a 1st round pick..

jeeez, what an awful trade.
I hate to be that guy but saying Heatley has a great hockey IQ pretty much destroys your credibilty right there, duder.

My motivation for the trade was looking at who's expendable in the Sharks organization but still has some value to net the two pieces the Sharks need going forward: more speed in the top six and puck movement from the blueline. Getting rid of Heatley and Vlasic is addition by subtraction on both accounts but being able to add a really underrated young blueliner in Cody Franson who, unlike Vlasic, is a true two-way guy who is good with the first pass while also replacing Heater's spot in the lineup with a speed demon in SK (would have requested Hornqvist if I had known this deal would have been laughed at for seemingly being lopsided in the Preds' favor...which I don't think it is) is pretty much ideal. A lot of Sharks fans are really underrating the value of a declining, slow, unmotivated forward on a terrible contract.

Jesus Toews* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2011, 06:55 PM
Arkansas Shark
Land Down Under

Quote:
Originally Posted by magic school bus View Post
Heatley does not have negative value, at worst he's Scott Gomez now.

SJ should not add a 1st rounder, and Vlasic's value is being underrated.

To NAS:

Heatley
Vlasic
Setoguchi

To SJ:
Hornqvist
Franson
Watson
2nd
Can the Preds take Wallin as a throw in?

Arkansas Shark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2011, 06:57 PM
Jesus Toews*

Quote:
Heatley does not have negative value, at worst he's Scott Gomez now.

SJ should not add a 1st rounder, and Vlasic's value is being underrated.

To NAS:

Heatley
Vlasic
Setoguchi

To SJ:
Hornqvist
Franson
Watson
2nd
Who replaces Setoguchi in the top six (Hornqvist replaces Heatley)?

Old
02-15-2011, 06:58 PM
rideaucrusher21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turnstyles View Post
I hate to be that guy but saying Heatley has a great hockey IQ pretty much destroys your credibilty right there, duder.

My motivation for the trade was looking at who's expendable in the Sharks organization but still has some value to net the two pieces the Sharks need going forward: more speed in the top six and puck movement from the blueline. Getting rid of Heatley and Vlasic is addition by subtraction on both accounts but being able to add a really underrated young blueliner in Cody Franson who, unlike Vlasic, is a true two-way guy who is good with the first pass while also replacing Heater's spot in the lineup with a speed demon in SK (would have requested Hornqvist if I had known this deal would have been laughed at for seemingly being lopsided in the Preds' favor...which I don't think it is) is pretty much ideal. A lot of Sharks fans are really underrating the value of a declining, slow, unmotivated forward on a terrible contract.

Heatley has been/is a premier goal scorer in this league. If you have watched the sharks this year, he isn't doing too much sniping. He's getting those garbage goals, right place right time sort of thing. He knows where to be on the ice to score. Its a sixth sense that not every player has. I call it hockey IQ, you call it what you want, duder

rideaucrusher21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2011, 07:05 PM
Pinkfloyd

Quote:

Your view of removing Vlasic being addition by subtraction means you shouldn't be talking about anyone's credibility.

Pinkfloyd is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2011, 07:23 PM
Jesus Toews*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinkfloyd View Post
Your view of removing Vlasic being addition by subtraction means you shouldn't be talking about anyone's credibility.
I said it was addition by subtraction in attempting to ice more puck movers in the top 4.

Old
02-15-2011, 07:25 PM
Jesus Toews*

Quote:
Originally Posted by rideaucrusher21 View Post
Heatley has been/is a premier goal scorer in this league. If you have watched the sharks this year, he isn't doing too much sniping. He's getting those garbage goals, right place right time sort of thing. He knows where to be on the ice to score. Its a sixth sense that not every player has. I call it hockey IQ, you call it what you want, duder
He was a premier goal-scorer. He's past his prime. I've watched every Sharks game this year and that's not even close to Heatley's play. He seldom moves his feet, turns over the puck with regularity, attempts to finesse and dangle around opposing defensemen which routinely results in embarrassment since he's the slowest player on the ice 95% of the time...he has some of the least hockey IQ on the team. And that's saying something since the Sharks have the likes of Huskins, Wallin, Mitchell and Setoguchi on their roster.

Old
02-15-2011, 07:28 PM
Paranoid Android
ERMAHGERD

Even though this deal is heavily favored towards Nashville, Poile says no because he has publicly stated he has no interest in players like Heatley who go to the media about trade requests. There is a quote from him back when Ottawa was trying to trade him.

Paranoid Android is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2011, 07:33 PM
DuckEatinShark
GET ALL THE PPs!!!!

vCash: 50
I know not a lot of Sharks fans like Heatley (myself included) and I wouldn't mind trading him away but there's no way Wilson even entertains the OP.

Franson > Vlasic
Heatley >>>> SK
(excluding salaries) Heatley >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>SK

DuckEatinShark is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2011, 07:40 PM
magic school bus

vCash: 153
Quote:
Who replaces Setoguchi in the top six (Hornqvist replaces Heatley)?
Marleau - Thornton - Hornqvist
Clowe - Couture - Pavs

even Ferriero could play with Couture and Clowe.

magic school bus is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2011, 07:41 PM
Jesus Toews*

Quote:
Marleau - Thornton - Hornqvist
Clowe - Couture - Pavs

even Ferriero could play with Couture and Clowe.
Then the third line would be Eager--Wellwood--Ferriero (or even worse if this trade happened in the off-season). Gross.

Old
02-15-2011, 07:47 PM
Soundgarden

vCash: 562
Quote:
Originally Posted by DuckEatinShark View Post
I know not a lot of Sharks fans like Heatley (myself included) and I wouldn't mind trading him away but there's no way Wilson even entertains the OP.

Franson > Vlasic
Heatley >>>> SK
But for a team like Nashville you're going to need to include salary, otherwise San Jose gets creamed.

Soundgarden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2011, 07:53 PM
Predsrule

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuckEatinShark View Post

Franson > Vlasic
Heatley >>>> SK
... in a tread with nashville you say this ... really.. hell in the cap world u say this.. there is no "excluding salaries" in todays nhl no matter who your talking about

and Ill take what SK brings us at 550k over what Heatley brings for 8Mill

Predsrule is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2011, 08:02 PM
magic school bus

Quote:
Then the third line would be Eager--Wellwood--Ferriero (or even worse if this trade happened in the off-season). Gross.
a third line is a... third line. as long as we have Heatley, Marleau, Thornton we will never have a real 3rd scoring line, so stop fooling yourself.

we get some extra space from the trade, and we can sign a 2nd/3rd line tweener later.

Old
02-15-2011, 08:06 PM
Jesus Toews*

Quote:
a third line is a... third line. as long as we have Heatley, Marleau, Thornton we will never have a real 3rd scoring line, so stop fooling yourself.

we get some extra space from the trade, and we can sign a 2nd/3rd line tweener later.
The Sharks have a real 3rd scoring line right now...

Old
02-15-2011, 08:11 PM
magic school bus

Quote:
The Sharks have a real 3rd scoring line right now...
moving Pavelski, and Marleau to the 3rd line doesnt count.

we've been using Eager, Mitchell, and Wellwood in our top-9 lately. even Ferriero has gotten some time, McGinn too. what we have now is fine, but it's nothing to be too proud of. this is barely a playoff team.

Old
02-15-2011, 08:12 PM
Jesus Toews*

Quote:
moving Pavelski, and Marleau to the 3rd line doesnt count.

we've been using Eager, Mitchell, and Wellwood in our top-9 lately. even Ferriero has gotten some time, McGinn too. what we have now is fine, but it's nothing to be too proud of. this is barely a playoff team.
Eager--Couture--Wellwood is a pretty solid third scoring line.

Old
02-15-2011, 08:19 PM
magic school bus

Quote:
Eager--Couture--Wellwood is a pretty solid third scoring line.
it was, but Couture needs some better guys on his line if he's going to succeed long-term. any line can play well for a week, but i'll admit i liked what i saw out of them.

Old
02-15-2011, 08:21 PM
Top 6 Spaling

I know this is totally unrelated to the OP, but I didn't want to make a new thread for the same two teams. What would SJ fans think of something centered around Seto and Franson. We get a scorer, you get a young D-man. Not sure what side the + would be on, but I think it's a starting point.

Top 6 Spaling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2011, 08:25 PM
Jesus Toews*

Quote:
Originally Posted by gopreds9 View Post
I know this is totally unrelated to the OP, but I didn't want to make a new thread for the same two teams. What would SJ fans think of something centered around Seto and Franson. We get a scorer, you get a young D-man. Not sure what side the + would be on, but I think it's a starting point.
I love Franson but the Sharks can't afford to deal away someone with Seto's skillset (mainly, speed). There would have to be someone like Hornqvist or Kostitsyn coming back to the Sharks which would obviously mean San Jose would need to add a lot more.

Old
02-15-2011, 08:25 PM
magic school bus

Quote:
Originally Posted by gopreds9 View Post
we've tossed the idea around too. Seto for Franson sounds fair to me. nothing needs to be added. i just dont think a Franson trade is on the table right now.

Old
02-15-2011, 08:26 PM
Top 6 Spaling

Quote:
we've tossed the idea around too. Seto for Franson sounds fair to me. nothing needs to be added. i just dont think a Franson trade is on the table right now.
I was thinking more in the off-season. We need Franson now, but guys like Blum and Josi may be ready to replace him by next year.

Top 6 Spaling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2011, 08:32 PM
Pinkfloyd

Quote:
I said it was addition by subtraction in attempting to ice more puck movers in the top 4.
Except Franson is not a top four d-man and Vlasic's puck-moving skills are fine. Just because he's not contributing offensively like people thought he could doesn't mean his puck skills are not up to snuff. Your credibility is shot when you think moving Vlasic out is reasonable at this stage. He is one of the team's two legitimate top four d-men. Franson is not a legitimate top four d-man. In fact, Jason Demers is further along in that development than Franson.

Even if Franson was a top four, you don't move one out to bring one in when you only have two of them in the first place. Like I said, you have no place with what you've said thus far in this thread to be talking about anyone's credibility.

Pinkfloyd is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2011, 09:08 PM
BillR10

vCash: 480
Quote:
Honestly? Do you seriously think Heatley has positive value anymore? Or that the Sharks should keep him for the next three seasons?
1. Yes 2. Yes
Let me guess, you were one of the people screaming trade marleau a few years ago. Heatley is still an elite talent, not a salary dump, it's in the sharks best inerested to ride it out and hope he rights the ship along with every other forward not names couture, clowe or setoguchi. Also, if we are giving up vlasic, a first +, suter or weber better be coming the other way or there's no point to sharks making the move. Our team needs top 2-3 d, franson is not a 1st+ better than vlasic, and we have no need for kosnitsyn.

BillR10 is offline   Reply With Quote