HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Teams have interest in MacArthur, Leafs in no rush to move roster players

Old
02-15-2011, 09:02 PM
Rivet52
Sabres & Blackhawks

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Rivet52
Teams have interest in MacArthur, Leafs in no rush to move roster players

Per Dreger's twitter: http://twitter.com/DarrenDreger

Quote:
Lots of interest in MacArthur, but Toronto is in no rush to move in. Leafs need players.
Leafs fans, do you want to keep MacArthur and re-sign him or would you be willing to trade him and what kind of return would you expect coming back?

It's obvious the Leafs need roster players and Burke is looking into acquiring another forward based on his conference call on the Versteeg trade last night. MacArthur's cheap and it's looking like he'll be having a career year in all scoring categories this year. Which teams could be interested in acquiring him?

I'd say the Penguins would be a good fit if the Leafs feel that they could trade him.

Rivet52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2011, 09:05 PM
KingBuzzo
A custom title.

No, I don't want to see him go. He's a great player and is on a line that's consistent due to chemistry. He'll get resigned at 3. something. I'm not too worried.

KingBuzzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2011, 09:06 PM
Scoogs

Send a message via MSN to Scoogs
We always seem to have that one player in a situation like this. This time with Mac, it's on a bigger scale.

It would be interesting to see what kind of return you could get for him. But I'm hopeful that it's not a fluke and he can contribute 20 goals, 50-60 points with regularity. Also, a hard worker. My first choice is to see him re-signed.

Scoogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
bobbyflex

MacArthur is not going anywhere. Not only is he leading the team in points, he's emerged as a leader in the locker room and has fit in really well in the top 6. Versteeg didn't which is why he was traded. MacArthur stays

bobbyflex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Chandrashekhar Limit
Kunitz sucks balls

Re-sign unless some team grossly overpays. He has great chemistry with Grabo and Kuly, and wants to stay.

Chandrashekhar Limit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Megan Fox
ლ(◉◞౪◟◉ )ლ

He shouldn't be traded unless some team wants to flip us a good center who can produce with Kessel.

Megan Fox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2011, 09:07 PM
Nazem Gretzky
Eller 4 Selke

Send a message via AIM to Nazem Gretzky
I like him a lot but I wouldn't be opposed to moving him if the right deal was there.

Nazem Gretzky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
MoreMogilny
Cap'n

I don't want to trade MacArthur at all.

He has been great for us, and is the ideal type of player we need here.

MoreMogilny is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
Im Old Gregggg

mac fits in REALLLLL well here, most fans wanna resign him as long as its a 3-3.5 caphit

it would take massive overpayment to trade him imo, worth more to us than any other team

Im Old Gregggg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Dark Knight
Draft Jared McCann!

MacArthur is a player who has played extremely well, but I'm very scared of one year wonders. Although, his chemistry with Kulemin and Grabo have enabled the Leafs to have a very consistent second line.

I won't look to move him unless the offer is too good. I doubt a team will give a mid 1st for him, and I won't trade him for a 2nd.

Toronto won't trade him, IMO.

Kessel>Seguin +
Not Even A Big Fan!!

He has been good this year, but I dont see him being more than a average of 50 point guy.

If the Leafs can get a 1st or similar prospect take it. if not hold onto him

Kessel>Seguin + is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2011, 09:08 PM
seanlinden

Its games like tonight agaisnt Boston that really show why Toronto shouldn't even consider trading MacArthur. The quantity and quality of no-look and behind the back passes that his line made today was off the charts....

Toronto has their 2nd line, they need to put together a first.

seanlinden is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2011, 09:10 PM
jablueblue

Garbo, Kule, and MacArthur should be going nowhere. That line can dominate at times and brings it game in and out. All three feed off each other and replacing MacArthur wouldn't be worth the trouble.

jablueblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2011, 09:11 PM
birddog*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rivet52 View Post

Leafs fans, do you want to keep MacArthur and re-sign him or would you be willing to trade him and what kind of return would you expect coming back?

It's obvious the Leafs need roster players and Burke is looking into acquiring another forward based on his conference call on the Versteeg trade last night. MacArthur's cheap and it's looking like he'll be having a career year in all scoring categories this year. Which teams could be interested in acquiring him?

I'd say the Penguins would be a good fit if the Leafs feel that they could trade him.
McArthur is better than Versteeg and pretty much the same age. Burke needs to KEEP McArthur and let him play with Kuli and Grabo.

birddog* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2011, 09:11 PM
Jaysfanatic*
BJ Elitist/Hipster

Blow Toronto away with an offer to move him. He'll be tough to pry outta Burke's hands.

Jaysfanatic* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2011, 09:13 PM
birddog*

Quote:
Originally Posted by juice1815 View Post
He has been good this year, but I dont see him being more than a average of 50 point guy.

If the Leafs can get a 1st or similar prospect take it. if not hold onto him
How did Kuli and Grabo play when Kessel was on their line?

He makes that line tick. Kinda like the Briere, Leino and Hartnell lie in Philly - none of them are as good when playing with other linemates.

Don't mess with it, if it isn't broke.

birddog* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2011, 09:15 PM
Oroku Saki*
Pete Hearts Volch

Leafs should be looking to keep him. He's a nice piece to have, especially if he can contribute like he has been with regularity.

Oroku Saki* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Ziggy Stardust
Master Debater

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devilsfanatic View Post
Blow Toronto away with an offer to move him. He'll be tough to pry outta Burke's hands.
Moller, Toronto's choice from Teubert, Hickey or Muzzin and a conditional draft pick (if LA re-signs MacArthur).

Ziggy Stardust is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
mcphllp
Dion @ 6.5=Discount

brayden schenn or bust!

mcphllp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2011, 09:16 PM
glucker

Quote:
Originally Posted by birddog View Post
How did Kuli and Grabo play when Kessel was on their line?

He makes that line tick. Kinda like the Briere, Leino and Hartnell lie in Philly - none of them are as good when playing with other linemates.

Don't mess with it, if it isn't broke.
really? Grabo and Kulemin played fine without him. They've got chemistry, but you can't use 4 games of a line trying to find chemistry to one that's already been established.

glucker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2011, 09:16 PM
Man Bear Pig

You'd have to overpay to get him meaning we'd rather just hang on to the guy. Mac has had amazing chemistry with Kulemin and Grabovski and I think most would agree we'd love to keep all 3 around in the future as our second line when we eventually make a playoff push. Give these guys another season together and they'll only get better. First time in a while where we've had a legit line in Toronto where every player is contributing.

Man Bear Pig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2011, 09:20 PM
Live in the Now
Administrator
HFBoards

vCash: 1888
MacArthur is the kind of player Lombardi seems to covet. Could see us offering a nice prospect and almost NHL ready prospect + pick non-Schenn package for him.

Live in the Now is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2011, 09:22 PM
HappyGilmourr

Macarthur relies on Grabovski and Kulemin. They don't relay on him. That being said, it is a good fit. If he wants to sign for under 3 million he can stay. If he gets greedy then I'd trade him. But he's a good fit right now and is a legit top 6 forward. I would only trade him for a roster player.

HappyGilmourr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2011, 09:22 PM
John-Eric Iannicello
Hockey's Future Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rivet52 View Post

The questions with MacArthur are some I've been asking since he started producing. Is it due to the team he's on + a career year in a contract year, or at 25 is he finally getting it? He's had success at other levels so it's not out of the question.

It comes down to dollar figures. I'd give him Versteeg money on a short term to see what he can do. The luxury Toronto has, in a sense, is that he's an RFA (I believe) so they don't have to move him at the deadline. Maybe a team steps up and gives him an offer-sheet in the summer. In such a case, it would again come down to dollar figures.

I think it would take a big overpayment unless Burke knows he's not re-signing him. He's just a strong fit right now and fits the age bracket.

John-Eric Iannicello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2011, 09:23 PM
glucker

Quote:
Originally Posted by John-Eric Iannicello View Post
The questions with MacArthur are some I've been asking since he started producing. Is it due to the team he's on + a career year in a contract year, or at 25 is he finally getting it? He's had success at other levels so it's not out of the question.

It comes down to dollar figures. I'd give him Versteeg money on a short term to see what he can do. The luxury Toronto has, in a sense, is that he's an RFA (I believe) so they don't have to move him at the deadline. Maybe a team steps up and gives him an offer-sheet in the summer. In such a case, it would again come down to dollar figures.

I think it would take a big overpayment unless Burke knows he's not re-signing him. He's just a strong fit right now and fits the age bracket.
even if there is an offer sheet, I'd consider matching. It depends on the team.

glucker is offline   Reply With Quote