HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Florida Panthers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Panthers Lounge the 4th

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
10-26-2010, 08:14 PM
  #26
I May Be Wrong
I May Be The Stig
 
I May Be Wrong's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Florida
Country: United States
Posts: 8,394
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to I May Be Wrong
Anybody know what happened to Panthers-Leafs Fan or more commonly known as PLF? Guy just disappeared on us completely haha. I miss his insight.

I May Be Wrong is offline  
Old
11-21-2010, 07:39 AM
  #27
Boooooth10
Registered User
 
Boooooth10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Florida
Country: United States
Posts: 6,279
vCash: 500
Any of you guys living in south Florida notice that 93 rock doesnt play ROCK anymore? It's a ****ing holiday themed station now! What the hell

http://93rock.com/lsp/index.html

Boooooth10 is offline  
Old
11-21-2010, 10:49 AM
  #28
Markstrom Rules
Sup
 
Markstrom Rules's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Pennsylvania
Country: United States
Posts: 16,068
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Booootthh View Post
Anybody know what happened to Panthers-Leafs Fan or more commonly known as PLF? Guy just disappeared on us completely haha. I miss his insight.
He was smart. He got out while he still could.

Markstrom Rules is offline  
Old
11-21-2010, 08:35 PM
  #29
FlaPnthrsPunk
Our Time Will Come
 
FlaPnthrsPunk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Coconut Creek, FL
Country: United States
Posts: 3,489
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boooooth10 View Post
Any of you guys living in south Florida notice that 93 rock doesnt play ROCK anymore? It's a ****ing holiday themed station now! What the hell

http://93rock.com/lsp/index.html
Yes! WTF is that about?!?! I'm more a of fan of 103.1 The Buzz in West Palm Beach, and I'm lucky to live north enough to get it decently most of the time, but 93 Rock is my second favorite. I happened to turn it on yesterday and heard a holiday song by N'Sync. Their site says something about how they're taking a break and a "better party" well return after they get back. I wonder what that means... Also now on 103.1 The Buzz, they're citing themselves as "South Florida's ONLY rock station." I really wonder if 93 Rock is coming back once the holidays are over now.

Miami is in dire need of an Alternative or Active Rock formatted station instead of just Rock formatted which is what 93 Rock is, meaning they'd play more than mostly classic rock & overplayed hits from the 90s.


Last edited by FlaPnthrsPunk: 11-21-2010 at 08:41 PM.
FlaPnthrsPunk is offline  
Old
11-21-2010, 09:51 PM
  #30
Boooooth10
Registered User
 
Boooooth10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Florida
Country: United States
Posts: 6,279
vCash: 500
Never heard of 103.1. I'll check it out tomorrow.

93 rock also fired Bubba the Love Sponge. I know he didn't get good ratings in Miami but I found him hilarious. 93 rock has just went down the crapper.

What is with Miami scaring away rock stations?

Boooooth10 is offline  
Old
11-21-2010, 11:59 PM
  #31
Rattrick
Registered User
 
Rattrick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Orlando, FL
Country: United States
Posts: 12,894
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Rattrick
Wow, that really sucks. I absolutely hate the radio -- except 93 rock when I'm down South. It was the only station that didn't suck.

Rattrick is offline  
Old
11-22-2010, 01:18 AM
  #32
StrangeVision
HFBoards Sponsor
 
StrangeVision's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Florida
Country: United States
Posts: 14,296
vCash: 117
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boooooth10 View Post
Never heard of 103.1. I'll check it out tomorrow.

93 rock also fired Bubba the Love Sponge. I know he didn't get good ratings in Miami but I found him hilarious. 93 rock has just went down the crapper.

What is with Miami scaring away rock stations?
Woah, woah, woah, woah. 93 Rock aren't playing Bubba the Love Sponge, anymore?!

****!

93.1 was pretty much the only good rock station in South Florida. 103.1 plays one good song every half hour. They have gone down the crapper in the last couple years, in my opinion. I just started getting into the Bubba the Love Sponge show, despite having lived in Tampa for the past two years. And on top of that they stop playing rock.

This is *********.

The CD player in my car started working at the right time, it seems.


StrangeVision is online now  
Old
11-22-2010, 05:06 AM
  #33
Boooooth10
Registered User
 
Boooooth10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Florida
Country: United States
Posts: 6,279
vCash: 500
http://the305.com/2010/11/20/rest-in...-sponge-staff/

**** cox media!

Boooooth10 is offline  
Old
11-22-2010, 01:51 PM
  #34
pb1300
BLEED RED
 
pb1300's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Aiyio, Greece
Country: Greece
Posts: 10,664
vCash: 500
Send a message via Yahoo to pb1300
Just finished watching Scott Pilgrim vs The World, and I loved it. Funny movie, and whoever had this idea really needs to see a doctor

pb1300 is offline  
Old
11-22-2010, 04:11 PM
  #35
Rattrick
Registered User
 
Rattrick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Orlando, FL
Country: United States
Posts: 12,894
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Rattrick
Quote:
Originally Posted by StrangeVision View Post
Woah, woah, woah, woah. 93 Rock aren't playing Bubba the Love Sponge, anymore?!

****!

93.1 was pretty much the only good rock station in South Florida. 103.1 plays one good song every half hour. They have gone down the crapper in the last couple years, in my opinion. I just started getting into the Bubba the Love Sponge show, despite having lived in Tampa for the past two years. And on top of that they stop playing rock.

This is *********.

The CD player in my car started working at the right time, it seems.

Agree. 103.1 plays too much soft ass ****. Whiny, emo crap all the time. I don't even bother listening on the hopes that I can catch the one good song they might play every hour. 93.1 had the best blend of classic, new rock, metal and nu-metal I've ever heard. Hell, I didn't like all of what they played, but I respected the fact that they blended such a wide range of rock/metal unlike any station I've heard in South Florida or Central Florida.

RIP radio, now I'll never listen to you again.

Rattrick is offline  
Old
11-22-2010, 04:42 PM
  #36
Laus723
Future Now
 
Laus723's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Boca Raton, FL
Country: United States
Posts: 27,051
vCash: 500
Unfortunately, it's that whiny, emo crap that everyone wants to listen to you right now. I don't get it, but when I do flip to a rock station, I'm usually scratching my head as to what they consider rock these days. A few bands are still on top and doing great, but too many these days are just ridiculous.

I mean, Kid Rock was famous and someone listened to, what's that tell ya? And then he turned Country! I can't get rid of the guy.

__________________
So you're saying there's a chance!
Laus723 is offline  
Old
11-22-2010, 05:14 PM
  #37
Boooooth10
Registered User
 
Boooooth10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Florida
Country: United States
Posts: 6,279
vCash: 500
Yeah, 103.1 is awful. I tried listening to it today on my way home from classes and it was just bad. I can't stand that whiny emo crap.

I liked how 93 rock incorporated so much 90's alternative into their playlist since it's probably my favorite musical genre. I love soungarden, Alice in chains, stone temple pilots, etc..

Boooooth10 is offline  
Old
11-22-2010, 10:45 PM
  #38
FlaPnthrsPunk
Our Time Will Come
 
FlaPnthrsPunk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Coconut Creek, FL
Country: United States
Posts: 3,489
vCash: 500
See I'm in the minority since most of what I listen to is new rock punk/emo/alternative/indie/nu-metal/post-grunge stuff, which is exactly what alternative radio format is all about. In my opinion, 103.1 used to be one of the best stations in the country and I absolutely loved it, however it has gone way downhill though over the past year. Just by looking at their playlist now, many of the songs just in the Top 20 are over six months old. Not really "new rock" if you ask me.

I can completely understand how people wouldn't be able to tolerate it though. I have to listen to Power 96 all day if I don't have my headphones on at work, and it's torture since I can't stand hip-hop/r&b, so I can see where you're all coming from if it's not your style of music.

Anyway, I really like 101.1 in Orlando, which is an Active Rock formatted station and plays a mix of classic rock and new nu-metal & post-grunge along with some 90s rock. Pretty much like 94.9 Zeta used to be back in the day. That is what I think Miami really needs. It's pretty pathetic being one of the largest metro areas in the country and having no new rock station. Since I'm also a big fan of 90s stuff from growing up in the wonderful decade, I wouldn't mind if they changed it to something similar to 92.9 in Boston, which I had on nonstop when I was up there visiting.


Last edited by FlaPnthrsPunk: 11-22-2010 at 10:58 PM.
FlaPnthrsPunk is offline  
Old
02-15-2011, 09:18 PM
  #39
Lola
Future Panthers
 
Lola's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Central Florida
Country: United States
Posts: 3,032
vCash: 500
Hello Panther Fans!

Long time, no see!

So much going on right now...Cam scored his first hat trick in a game a couple of weeks ago (he scored 5 goals in that game!). He's got 8 goals on the season (we're four games into the season). Ty, my little bruiser, is turning into a defenseman right in front of my eyes. He loves the physical aspect of the game, even though he's not allowed to check at this level.

If any of you are going to the game in Tampa this Saturday, we'll be there (in the nosebleeds). Taking my parents and my nephew with us. It will be my nephew's first exposure to hockey, so I really hope the Panthers win!

Oh, and my husby and I are opening a retail store! We're selling electronic cigarettes now (in addition to our IT business). Husby hates doing IT work, so we're really hoping it takes off. Wish us luck.

And you'll be glad to know that Domi, the fearless English Mastiff, is doing well and driving me crazy with his 'clingy-ness'. LOL

Lola is offline  
Old
02-16-2011, 12:09 PM
  #40
Acadmus
Moderator
 
Acadmus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Vermont
Country: United States
Posts: 15,344
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lola View Post
Hello Panther Fans!

Long time, no see!

So much going on right now...Cam scored his first hat trick in a game a couple of weeks ago (he scored 5 goals in that game!). He's got 8 goals on the season (we're four games into the season). Ty, my little bruiser, is turning into a defenseman right in front of my eyes. He loves the physical aspect of the game, even though he's not allowed to check at this level.

If any of you are going to the game in Tampa this Saturday, we'll be there (in the nosebleeds). Taking my parents and my nephew with us. It will be my nephew's first exposure to hockey, so I really hope the Panthers win!

Oh, and my husby and I are opening a retail store! We're selling electronic cigarettes now (in addition to our IT business). Husby hates doing IT work, so we're really hoping it takes off. Wish us luck.

And you'll be glad to know that Domi, the fearless English Mastiff, is doing well and driving me crazy with his 'clingy-ness'. LOL
Good luck! Who knew that quitting smoking would make you stop posting here

Evan's last weekend of hockey is coming up next week. He's got two games this weekend (one a long haul over in Chazy, NY *ugh*) and then a season-closing tournament on the 26th.

He's starting to skate like a hockey player instead of a lazy figure skater, and even remembers not to carry his stick like an axe on his shoulder sometimes I'm hoping just to see ONE goal in the games the next two weekends. That would be a major coup.

__________________
"...and ultimately it doesn't matter."
Acadmus is offline  
Old
02-16-2011, 04:28 PM
  #41
Holy Jokinen
Registered User
 
Holy Jokinen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Tampa/Boca
Country: United States
Posts: 2,818
vCash: 500
So, my roommate and I have been playing ice hockey recently and it's been tons of fun. I had played roller for years, and then stopped until i took it up again towards the end of highschool. Anyways, i finally bought myself a pair of skates last summer and decided to take up ice.

Fast forward, and now both myself and my roommate are in a league here in Tampa where the Lightning practice.

So last week, we're walking towards the rink and i peek ahead of my friend and i see Marty St. Louis sharply dressed and walking our way. As he passes by, my buddy (rangers fan) puts on a NY accent and says, "Hey Marty, when ya comin to da rangers? You can reunite with Torts!" Marty just laughed and kept walking by. Was kinda hilarious.

Anyways, thought it was funny, and figured i'd share the story. Apparently a few of the guys have kids who take lessons there and stuff, including the coach. So every once in a while i get to see them, which is cool.

Holy Jokinen is offline  
Old
02-20-2011, 03:56 PM
  #42
asleepinthechapel
Registered User
 
asleepinthechapel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: N Plm Bch/Atlanta
Posts: 291
vCash: 500
Totally OT:
Are there any German speakers on here that are very bored? I need help with something desperately.

asleepinthechapel is offline  
Old
02-20-2011, 04:41 PM
  #43
Acadmus
Moderator
 
Acadmus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Vermont
Country: United States
Posts: 15,344
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Acadmus View Post
Good luck! Who knew that quitting smoking would make you stop posting here

Evan's last weekend of hockey is coming up next week. He's got two games this weekend (one a long haul over in Chazy, NY *ugh*) and then a season-closing tournament on the 26th.

He's starting to skate like a hockey player instead of a lazy figure skater, and even remembers not to carry his stick like an axe on his shoulder sometimes I'm hoping just to see ONE goal in the games the next two weekends. That would be a major coup.
So, I had it backwards, and it was the tournament today, and the back-to-back game days next weekend to close the season.

Evan was not really into it today - spent most of the games just lazily skating around, occasionally watching the puck but very often completely uninterested in following after it. But somehow he still managed to score a goal. After finding me watching behind glass behind the opponent's goal, and seeing me signal to him to pay attention to the game, he went to the front of the net just as the puck was going there, fell on the puck, and then outlasted an opposing skater and the goalie who were both whacking at the puck while he tried to dig it out himself - he smacked it just hard enough to evade the goalie and get it barely across the goal line.

He resumed uninterested play until the next game, where somehow he suddenly was inspired to chase after a loose puck, carry it toward the net to get in perfect scoring position, and...pass to a younger teammate who just stared at the puck in his skates, eventually falling on it while players from the other team tried to get it...and eventually they did. But it was the most excited I've been for Evan yet when he went in alone on the goalie looking like he was going to score a real goalscorer's goal

He also got several turns in goal - the first time he was paying no attention at all and the other team scored two quick goals on him. The second time two of his linemates kept the puck tied up on the other side of the rink and he faced no shots. The final time he went out to knock a puck away just in time, stopping one last goal for the opposing team.

Now, the first game Evan played today was just not even close to fair. The kids on the other team almost all looked to be 2 to 3 years older than the kids on Evan's team. Supposedly the same skill level, but they were older, bigger, stronger, and faster with a better sense of how to play hockey. The Milton kids just didn't stand a chance against them - that didn't stop the Burlington parents from being very impressed with their own kids' skills at beating much younger kids to the puck, and shooting and scoring on 6-year-olds playing goalie without any goalie equipment (the goalies were just selected from among the skaters to stand in the goal with their regular sticks - some can't even skate anyway, so they basically just stand there and watch the puck go by them).

Acadmus is offline  
Old
02-20-2011, 07:58 PM
  #44
Lola
Future Panthers
 
Lola's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Central Florida
Country: United States
Posts: 3,032
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Acadmus View Post
So, I had it backwards, and it was the tournament today, and the back-to-back game days next weekend to close the season.

Evan was not really into it today - spent most of the games just lazily skating around, occasionally watching the puck but very often completely uninterested in following after it. But somehow he still managed to score a goal. After finding me watching behind glass behind the opponent's goal, and seeing me signal to him to pay attention to the game, he went to the front of the net just as the puck was going there, fell on the puck, and then outlasted an opposing skater and the goalie who were both whacking at the puck while he tried to dig it out himself - he smacked it just hard enough to evade the goalie and get it barely across the goal line.

He resumed uninterested play until the next game, where somehow he suddenly was inspired to chase after a loose puck, carry it toward the net to get in perfect scoring position, and...pass to a younger teammate who just stared at the puck in his skates, eventually falling on it while players from the other team tried to get it...and eventually they did. But it was the most excited I've been for Evan yet when he went in alone on the goalie looking like he was going to score a real goalscorer's goal

He also got several turns in goal - the first time he was paying no attention at all and the other team scored two quick goals on him. The second time two of his linemates kept the puck tied up on the other side of the rink and he faced no shots. The final time he went out to knock a puck away just in time, stopping one last goal for the opposing team.

Now, the first game Evan played today was just not even close to fair. The kids on the other team almost all looked to be 2 to 3 years older than the kids on Evan's team. Supposedly the same skill level, but they were older, bigger, stronger, and faster with a better sense of how to play hockey. The Milton kids just didn't stand a chance against them - that didn't stop the Burlington parents from being very impressed with their own kids' skills at beating much younger kids to the puck, and shooting and scoring on 6-year-olds playing goalie without any goalie equipment (the goalies were just selected from among the skaters to stand in the goal with their regular sticks - some can't even skate anyway, so they basically just stand there and watch the puck go by them).
I love your description of the game.

Both of my boys went through 'clock watching' for a while. They would skate lazy and try to cherry-pick, but when the puck was heading in the opposite direction, they'd watch the clock. Drove me nuts!

This past year though, a switch has flipped for Cam. He's like a beast out there now. He still has games where he skates like he doesn't care, but that's usually when his team has no chance of winning. Ty just wants to knock kids over. I think he may be channeling his inner Tie Domi a little too much. I had to ground him a couple of weeks ago for checking another kid too hard...while I want him to play physical (when it's allowed), I don't want him to hurt anyone either. And Ty is a lot bigger, stronger, and faster than all of the other 6 year olds on his team (he's bigger than Cam too, and outweighs Cam by 9lbs).

I have to say...I never thought I would enjoy Mite hockey as much as I do though. I just love watching the little guys/girls playing.

Lola is offline  
Old
02-20-2011, 09:28 PM
  #45
ratmanfu
Registered User
 
ratmanfu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Hendersonville, NC
Country: Spain
Posts: 8,402
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to ratmanfu
Quote:
Originally Posted by Acadmus View Post
So, I had it backwards, and it was the tournament today, and the back-to-back game days next weekend to close the season.

Evan was not really into it today - spent most of the games just lazily skating around, occasionally watching the puck but very often completely uninterested in following after it. But somehow he still managed to score a goal. After finding me watching behind glass behind the opponent's goal, and seeing me signal to him to pay attention to the game, he went to the front of the net just as the puck was going there, fell on the puck, and then outlasted an opposing skater and the goalie who were both whacking at the puck while he tried to dig it out himself - he smacked it just hard enough to evade the goalie and get it barely across the goal line.

He resumed uninterested play until the next game, where somehow he suddenly was inspired to chase after a loose puck, carry it toward the net to get in perfect scoring position, and...pass to a younger teammate who just stared at the puck in his skates, eventually falling on it while players from the other team tried to get it...and eventually they did. But it was the most excited I've been for Evan yet when he went in alone on the goalie looking like he was going to score a real goalscorer's goal

He also got several turns in goal - the first time he was paying no attention at all and the other team scored two quick goals on him. The second time two of his linemates kept the puck tied up on the other side of the rink and he faced no shots. The final time he went out to knock a puck away just in time, stopping one last goal for the opposing team.

Now, the first game Evan played today was just not even close to fair. The kids on the other team almost all looked to be 2 to 3 years older than the kids on Evan's team. Supposedly the same skill level, but they were older, bigger, stronger, and faster with a better sense of how to play hockey. The Milton kids just didn't stand a chance against them - that didn't stop the Burlington parents from being very impressed with their own kids' skills at beating much younger kids to the puck, and shooting and scoring on 6-year-olds playing goalie without any goalie equipment (the goalies were just selected from among the skaters to stand in the goal with their regular sticks - some can't even skate anyway, so they basically just stand there and watch the puck go by them).
There's definitely an ebb and flow with interest levels for mite hockey. Aside from struggling with the learning curve, I think part of this is due to the size rink being used.

If playing on a full rink, these kids can get easily worn out skating the length of the ice. Sometimes, its better to run games at 1/2 rink or side board to side board.

Anyways, glad to hear he had a few inspiring moments out there. It only takes one to get that spark going.

ratmanfu is offline  
Old
02-20-2011, 09:35 PM
  #46
ratmanfu
Registered User
 
ratmanfu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Hendersonville, NC
Country: Spain
Posts: 8,402
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to ratmanfu
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lola View Post
I love your description of the game.

Both of my boys went through 'clock watching' for a while. They would skate lazy and try to cherry-pick, but when the puck was heading in the opposite direction, they'd watch the clock. Drove me nuts!

This past year though, a switch has flipped for Cam. He's like a beast out there now. He still has games where he skates like he doesn't care, but that's usually when his team has no chance of winning. Ty just wants to knock kids over. I think he may be channeling his inner Tie Domi a little too much. I had to ground him a couple of weeks ago for checking another kid too hard...while I want him to play physical (when it's allowed), I don't want him to hurt anyone either. And Ty is a lot bigger, stronger, and faster than all of the other 6 year olds on his team (he's bigger than Cam too, and outweighs Cam by 9lbs).

I have to say...I never thought I would enjoy Mite hockey as much as I do though. I just love watching the little guys/girls playing.
Awesome to hear of Cam & Ty's progression. I, too, am starting to enjoy watching the kids play...only wish my daughter would want to take it up.

Unfortunately, we're still iceless here in Western NC, but our inline league is growing in numbers every season. Our under-10s competed in a lite travel tourney in Greenville SC this past Winter. It was the first travel play our Youth have been able to participate in several years. None of these kids had tourney experience, but that didn't phase them one bit. Was a sheer joy to watch them compete.

This past Saturday, we held our first Try Hockey For Free day at our outdoor rink. We introduced 30+ new kids to the sport of inline hockey. Later in the evening, we ran a goalie clinic for the 14-and-under, and had 10 future netminders suit up! What a blast!

ratmanfu is offline  
Old
02-20-2011, 09:45 PM
  #47
ratmanfu
Registered User
 
ratmanfu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Hendersonville, NC
Country: Spain
Posts: 8,402
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to ratmanfu
While we're on the subject of Mite hockey...


ratmanfu is offline  
Old
02-21-2011, 07:46 AM
  #48
Acadmus
Moderator
 
Acadmus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Vermont
Country: United States
Posts: 15,344
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ratmanfu View Post
There's definitely an ebb and flow with interest levels for mite hockey. Aside from struggling with the learning curve, I think part of this is due to the size rink being used.

If playing on a full rink, these kids can get easily worn out skating the length of the ice. Sometimes, its better to run games at 1/2 rink or side board to side board.

Anyways, glad to hear he had a few inspiring moments out there. It only takes one to get that spark going.
They do go side board to side board, and there's no score being kept (I usually do, but this weekend I just didn't feel like keeping up with it with Evan seemingly completely disinterested). It's just drop the puck and keep them playing for 2 minute shifts with a continuous 20-minute game (clock never stops, no matter how long line changes take, buzzer sounds for line changes on even minutes). It's just some days he's really not into being there.

Acadmus is offline  
Old
02-21-2011, 11:09 AM
  #49
Lola
Future Panthers
 
Lola's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Central Florida
Country: United States
Posts: 3,032
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Acadmus View Post
They do go side board to side board, and there's no score being kept (I usually do, but this weekend I just didn't feel like keeping up with it with Evan seemingly completely disinterested). It's just drop the puck and keep them playing for 2 minute shifts with a continuous 20-minute game (clock never stops, no matter how long line changes take, buzzer sounds for line changes on even minutes). It's just some days he's really not into being there.
This is how our Mites play too. I think it's a USA Hockey thing because the head coach was telling the parents that it came down from USA Hockey after a few parents complained. I love it. It gives the kids more chances to actually touch the puck. The more they touch the puck, the more their confidence grows. They spend all practice going end to end, so they're conditioning for the transition to the next level. I think that's plenty at this age.

Lola is offline  
Old
03-09-2011, 01:39 PM
  #50
zeroG
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Somerville, MA
Country: United States
Posts: 6,177
vCash: 500
rather funny flow chart for choosing nhl/mlb team to root for over in this thread:

http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=888048

zeroG is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:33 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.