- Holy shootout!
- Hecht with the GTG assist and the GWG in the shootout made up for the penalties, even the one he didn't commit.
- Poms with a timely goal
- Stafford again. That bandwagon is getting full.
- Enroth as the shootout went on.
- Niedermayer-Gaustad-Grier set a lot of tone and worked the Habs D low.
- Myers got better as the game went on
- Mini's!! Ennis in the shootout and Gerbe as well -- Nate had some good jump and was moved around to get Hecht and Pominville going. And given his height, Enroth is right in there. As is Desharnais too who continues to impress
- Vanek-Byron-McCormick had a couple of shifts that started to turn the tide. Tom's SO Goal and setting the table for Staff's goal were good enough.
The Bad -
- Myers and Rej on the second Hab goal.
- Not a fan of the reffing tonight.
- Price blocker.
The Ugly -
- Did I mention not being a fan of the officiating?
- The refs
- The idiots in stripes.
It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. - Aristotle
Enroth. He was fantastic in the first and kept the Sabres in the game. And just when he looked like he might be too weak in the shootout, he turned it around. This kid should have gotten a few more starts, eh?
Getting two points in a game in hand with the playoff competition sitting.
Staff-juice. Does a body good.
The physical play and cycling after the 1st period.
Enroth's ready to make the jump. It seems as if the team actually plays in front of him too. They don't do that with Lalime in net.
Jeez, I feel bad for Lalime. I doubt he plays another game for us. He could have played his last game as a Sabre and perhaps the last game of his career. Enroth deserves the starts now. Lalime is here because of Miller but now it's time for Enroth to take the backup job. Lalime will be here the rest of the year, but I'm feeling really confident with our goaltending going into next season.
It's nice to give Miller a rest and to have a young goalie steal some wins for us back there.
Now I know how good Capitals, Wild, Rangers, Stars, and Penguins fans, to name a few, feel to know they have a guy back there that can win some games while resting their starter.
I'll say one thing about Enroth: he's not Miller. Lot more rebounds than what Miller would give. But those rebounds all went like 2000 feet from his goal, he punched everything out. It didn't look as masterful as a typical Miller performance, but he kept the puck out of the net and gave this team a chance to win a game that after the first 20 minuted they had no business in. And that's all that matters.
And good on Vanek, Ennis, and Gerbe repaying him in the shootout after some weak goals. And of course Hecht winning it, although part of me wanted to see if it would go long enough for Nieds/Grier to shoot only for the pure hilarity.
Big 2 points, that's 1 game in hand cashed in. Now they gotta get the next 2 tomorrow.