HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

Michal Rozsival appreciation thread (2013 STANLEY CUP CHAMPION)

Old
02-14-2011, 01:48 PM
ColonialsHockey10

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by we want cup View Post
I miss Rozy....

.... but I miss Jags more.
I totally forgot how dominant Jagr was until I watched that video.

ColonialsHockey10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2011, 01:56 PM
Orr Nightmare

Quote:
Originally Posted by hpNYR View Post
The Rangers no longer need Rozsy's service because they have depth to replace him. It's coming to theaters near you...in the next 14 days or so. If it doesn't, his place will still show whether you want to believe it or not.

He was a calming influence on the back end. He provided stability and patience when with the puck.
wow, such a stable and calm influence, why did they ever trade him away then.

What I saw was a weak link who was grossly overpaid.

I am no longer entertaining Rozy conversations, he sucks and he is gone, period!

Orr Nightmare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2011, 02:08 PM
hpNYR
HF Forecaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orr Nightmare View Post
wow, such a stable and calm influence, why did they ever trade him away then.

What I saw was a weak link who was grossly overpaid.

I am no longer entertaining Rozy conversations, he sucks and he is gone, period!
Buddy, whether you want to entertain them or not you're a member of a forum and it will be entertained. You have the Rozsy situation totally wrong.

hpNYR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2011, 02:13 PM
Orr Nightmare

Quote:
Buddy, whether you want to entertain them or not you're a member of a forum and it will be entertained. You have the Rozsy situation totally wrong.
If you say so...Staal, Giradi, Sauer, McD, Rozy, Gilroy/Emminger.

Again, that is $5 million for a third pair dman...u might be comfortable with that but Tort's wasn't and Sather shipped him out to the desert. If he is as good as you think he is, he would still be here...it really is as simple as that.

Old
02-14-2011, 02:19 PM
hpNYR
HF Forecaster

Quote:
If you say so...Staal, Giradi, Sauer, McD, Rozy, Gilroy/Emminger.

Again, that is $5 million for a third pair dman...u might be comfortable with that but Tort's wasn't and Sather shipped him out to the desert. If he is as good as you think he is, he would still be here...it really is as simple as that.
If he is as good as I think? What does that even mean? I've never suggested he's amazing or anything...let's not skew things. But the way you talk about him is pretty fricken hilarious. 3rd pair? Yeah maybe on some planet far far away. If you cannot assess players correctly don't even bother, please.

These are the same people that compared Kaberle to Redden the other day. Pathethic.

Old
02-14-2011, 02:41 PM
Orr Nightmare

Quote:
If he is as good as I think? What does that even mean? I've never suggested he's amazing or anything...let's not skew things. But the way you talk about him is pretty fricken hilarious. 3rd pair? Yeah maybe on some planet far far away. If you cannot assess players correctly don't even bother, please.

These are the same people that compared Kaberle to Redden the other day. Pathethic.
Ok, let me simplify this for you buddy...would you break up the Staal-Giradi pair, answer is no, would you break up the Sauer-McD pair, answer is no, so, that would put him on the 3rd pair...that would be planet Earth.

The guy is not here anymore and yet you still defend him...priceless.

Seriously, explain to me why the Rangers traded him then. They need a powerplay QB, is he that, answer again is no, is he a shutdown dman, again answer is no...all he was, was an average dman making way too much money.

Old
02-14-2011, 06:30 PM
chosen

Quote:
You've defended Orr since he left. How is that different?

chosen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2011, 06:34 PM
Tawnos

Quote:
Ok, let me simplify this for you buddy...would you break up the Staal-Giradi pair, answer is no, would you break up the Sauer-McD pair, answer is no, so, that would put him on the 3rd pair...that would be planet Earth.
Sauer-McDonagh isn't yet a true 2nd pair... so this whole post is off.

Tawnos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2011, 07:18 PM
ruckus*

Hey Orr...Just so you know, I brought this thread back when Eminger still wasn't in the lineup.

I brought it to light because if you really think that THIS team THIS year at THIS point in the season is better with Gilroy/Del Zotto in the lineup over Rozsival then you're clueless.

I'm not talking about the future. I was commenting about this teams slump and the correlation between it and Rosi being gone.

People like you with a blatant bias are useless to conversations like this. Unless you can state something substantial it's just rhetoric over and over.

You don't like him. We get it. And for our FUTURE I don't disagree with him being moved. But THIS year, with THIS team I think it hurts us.

ruckus* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2011, 07:34 PM
offdacrossbar
with the 10th pick..

Quote:
Originally Posted by robruckus View Post
Hey Orr...Just so you know, I brought this thread back when Eminger still wasn't in the lineup.

I brought it to light because if you really think that THIS team THIS year at THIS point in the season is better with Gilroy/Del Zotto in the lineup over Rozsival then you're clueless.

I'm not talking about the future. I was commenting about this teams slump and the correlation between it and Rosi being gone.

People like you with a blatant bias are useless to conversations like this. Unless you can state something substantial it's just rhetoric over and over.

You don't like him. We get it. And for our FUTURE I don't disagree with him being moved. But THIS year, with THIS team I think it hurts us.
nope. this slump has absolutely nothing to do with rozy. nothing.

what hurts is torts the clown continuing to play del zotto and girl roy. both have struggled big time. they are missing assignments, making bone head plays and generally showing that neither is ready to play big time minutes. we are essentially a 2 pair defense right now.

and not playing steve eminger is on torts the clown. or if hes hurt and cant go, then not finding a defensive dman to bring some snarl to the backend is on slats.

and again, this team cannot score. i have no idea how moving rozy makes us any worse as rozy offered nothing in the points dept what so ever.

this team just isnt playing well right now.....

with
or
without
rozy.

offdacrossbar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2011, 07:37 PM
Blatant
Formerly NYRFan1823

Quote:
Originally Posted by offdacrossbar View Post

what hurts is torts the clown continuing to play del zotto and girl roy. both have struggled big time. they are missing assignments, making bone head plays and generally showing that neither is ready to play big time minutes. we are essentially a 2 pair defense right now.

and not playing steve eminger is on torts the clown. or if hes hurt and cant go, then not finding a defensive dman to bring some snarl to the backend is on slats.

and again, this team cannot score. i have no idea how moving rozy makes us any worse as rozy offered nothing in the points dept what so ever.

with
or
without
rozy.
Personally I think the D has been allright, they have not been playing that bad lately. And thought they played better on the losing streak than they did against Pittsburgh.

And yes, it is stupid to play MDZ, and Gilroy, and if you do play them, don't play them on the same line. They should be playing MDZ/Eminger, and moving Gilroy for whatever they can get.

Blatant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2011, 08:35 PM
ruckus*

Quote:

with
or
without
rozy.

Well when I made the comment it was before we knew Eminger would re-enter the lineup. Torts was preaching the "Del Zotto is the future" stuff and Eminger continued to be a healthy scratch.

If they were going to move Rosi there was no reason to ever have Eminger as a scratch and play Del Zotto.

DZ was here because Girardi was injured. He should've been sent back to CT right after that. He wasn't. Then Torts started his whole "DZ is our future" stuff.

So at the time of my comment it looked like Torts was going to go with DZ, which didn't make any sense to begin with, but made even less after moving Rosi.

Eminger might've lost some of his bite like Torts said but he was never playing as poor defensively as DZ.

ruckus* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2011, 08:04 AM
JimmyStart*

Frees up space though not a ton and gave us a shot with a legitamate offensive talent in Wolski while our rooks have more than earned the 2nd pairing. Roszi is not missed. Would he have been better than MDZ has been or Gilroy? Yea. Can't say much more for or against. Future vs now. I say give Kundratek a shot if neither MDZ nor Gilroy can do it

JimmyStart* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2011, 08:31 AM
94now

Quote:
How about PHX winning streak after that trade. They won 7 in the row. Another co-incidence? Just don't tell me (I know you won't) that scoring has nothing to do with defensemen. Good defense starts with forwards, while offense starts with Ds.

94now is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2011, 09:24 AM
bobbop
Henrik's Pop

Rozsival is healthy now and playing on Phoenix's shutdown pair with Jovanowski. Played very well again last night. Fits Phoenix scheme very well.

bobbop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2011, 09:26 AM
hpNYR
HF Forecaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbop View Post
Rozsival is healthy now and playing on Phoenix's shutdown pair with Jovanowski. Played very well again last night. Fits Phoenix scheme very well.
Hes played with Yandle too at times.

Old
02-15-2011, 09:29 AM
hpNYR
HF Forecaster

Quote:

Seriously, explain to me why the Rangers traded him then. They need a powerplay QB, is he that, answer again is no, is he a shutdown dman, again answer is no...all he was, was an average dman making way too much money.
The Rangers traded him because they know they can upgrade over him by the deadline. I've stated this numerous times already. Learn to read. It was a risk for a period of time that added to the offense and skill but took away from the defense for a period. That void is in the process of being filled w/ someone.

Old
02-15-2011, 09:29 AM
Fitzy
All Is Well

vCash: 50
Jovocop, Yandle, Rozsival, Aucoin, Morris

The Yotes have an interesting D unit, that is for sure. Very experienced and solid.

02-15-2011, 09:31 AM
FutureGM97

Send a message via AIM to FutureGM97
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbop View Post
I think the change in system is what will benefit him the most. He's much more suited for a system like Tippett's rather than Torts'

FutureGM97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2011, 09:34 AM
pld459666

have to say that I haven't missed Rozy in the line up.

The mistakes that our kids are/have been making are the same mistakes that Rozy was/had been making.

If we are getting the same type of play from Veteran and Rookie alike, then it's easy choice to make.

Move the Vet and let the kids learn on the job.

There has not been one game where I have even thought "Wish Rozy was still here"

Sorry, but he was an after thought while he was here, and less than that since he's been gone.

pld459666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2011, 09:38 AM
pld459666

Quote:
The Rangers traded him because they know they can upgrade over him by the deadline. I've stated this numerous times already. Learn to read. It was a risk for a period of time that added to the offense and skill but took away from the defense for a period. That void is in the process of being filled w/ someone.
sorry, I don't buy that.

That's way to much of a risk to take.

Lets trade this guy now, cause we will be able to replace him at some point from now until the deadline?

Not a smart way to approach things.

Not when there are/were no less than 15-17 teams in the league all withing a few points of being in and missing the PO's.

Old
02-15-2011, 09:42 AM
hpNYR
HF Forecaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by pld459666 View Post
sorry, I don't buy that.

That's way to much of a risk to take.

Lets trade this guy now, cause we will be able to replace him at some point from now until the deadline?

Not a smart way to approach things.

Not when there are/were no less than 15-17 teams in the league all withing a few points of being in and missing the PO's.
Whether you want to believe it or not it's happening right before your eyes. Sure, the play of Sauer helped contribute to the process but the fact remains.

Old
02-16-2011, 02:52 AM
AnalogMan

Coyotes fan here hoping to slink in, make a couple of observations, and slink out.

Since returning from his rib injury, Roszival has been very impressive in the desert. He's aggressive in his own zone; willing to use his body to block shots; and demonstrates solid positioning to make up for his lack of speed.

The big problem for PHX before Roszival arrived was that veteran presence who could still bang some bodies in front of the net and kill penalties. He's not Z Michalek, but he fills that role better than anyone we already had here.

Initially I was skeptical about dealing Wolski for him. But so far I'm pleased with the deal. Roszival has certainly filled a much-needed role here. 1st pairing, 2nd pairing, 3rd pairing is irrelevant here. Tippett rolls based on matchups. And with Wolski gone it's opened up opportunities for Turris and Boedker to see more action.

Ultimately I think it will prove a good deal for both teams.

Last point: Roszival's $5M cap hit is a non-issue in PHX. His actual salary of $3M in 2011-12 is what's relative here. Is he a D-man worth $3M a year? So far, he looks like a pretty good value at that price.

AnalogMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2011, 05:22 AM
Chris 84

Quote:
Originally Posted by RR View Post
Coyotes fan here hoping to slink in, make a couple of observations, and slink out.

Since returning from his rib injury, Roszival has been very impressive in the desert. He's aggressive in his own zone; willing to use his body to block shots; and demonstrates solid positioning to make up for his lack of speed.

The big problem for PHX before Roszival arrived was that veteran presence who could still bang some bodies in front of the net and kill penalties. He's not Z Michalek, but he fills that role better than anyone we already had here.

Initially I was skeptical about dealing Wolski for him. But so far I'm pleased with the deal. Roszival has certainly filled a much-needed role here. 1st pairing, 2nd pairing, 3rd pairing is irrelevant here. Tippett rolls based on matchups. And with Wolski gone it's opened up opportunities for Turris and Boedker to see more action.

Ultimately I think it will prove a good deal for both teams.

Last point: Roszival's $5M cap hit is a non-issue in PHX. His actual salary of $3M in 2011-12 is what's relative here. Is he a D-man worth $3M a year? So far, he looks like a pretty good value at that price.
Good to hear he's started well. He's easily worth $3M. Hope he keeps it up.

Chris 84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2011, 05:29 AM
pld459666

Quote:
Whether you want to believe it or not it's happening right before your eyes. Sure, the play of Sauer helped contribute to the process but the fact remains.
The Rangers would still be looking for a PPQB if Rozy was still here because he is not one himself.

They are npot looking to replace Rozy, they are looking to fill the void that Del Zotto vacated with his less than sub par play this year.

Had MDZ played this year as well as he did last year, our focus today woukd be centered more on a #1 center than a PPQB.

Looking for that type of defenceman has nothing to do with Rozy.