HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

What does the Kings TV contract look like?

Old
02-15-2011, 04:41 PM
DryIslandBartender
KCCO

vCash: 500
What does the Kings TV contract look like?

Does anyone know what the Kings TV contract looks like?

Fox Sports got dealt a huge blow yesterday, with the Lakers leaving for their own Network, starting next season.

Wonder if the Kings will follow the Lakers to that new channel on Time Warner? Or if this means more coverage for the Kings on Fox Sports.

DryIslandBartender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2011, 05:00 PM
TonySCV
Two Timer!

The only thing mentioned in articles so far is that FSN has "long term" agreements with all of the other pro sports teams with the exception of the Dodgers, which expires in 2013, so nothing to worry about anytime soon.

TonySCV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2011, 05:12 PM
santiclaws

It is a bunch of white pieces of paper with black letters on them. But that's not important right now.

santiclaws is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2011, 05:19 PM
Orenji

So Time Warner is creating a Lakers Channel? 24/7 Lakers all the time?

Orenji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2011, 05:42 PM
123slam

Quote:
Originally Posted by santiclaws View Post
It is a bunch of white pieces of paper with black letters on them. But that's not important right now.
I picked the wrong week to quit taking amphetamines.

123slam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2011, 06:03 PM
Alternate Jersey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orenji View Post
living in LA is basically living on a lakers channel 24/7 all the time.

Alternate Jersey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2011, 08:26 PM
XtremeDave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orenji View Post
According to Time Warner it will be majority Lakers, but not exclusive to the team like YES (Yankees owned RSN), so I think Time Warner might try to get other teams on the channel.

XtremeDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2011, 08:35 PM
KopitarFAN
Reno Sucks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alternate Jersey View Post
So true.

Glad i'm in Vegas now.

KopitarFAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2011, 09:04 PM
johnjm22

Quote:
Originally Posted by BerniernextRoy View Post

Fox Sports got dealt a huge blow yesterday, with the Lakers leaving for their own Network, starting next season.

Wonder if the Kings will follow the Lakers to that new channel on Time Warner? Or if this means more coverage for the Kings on Fox Sports.
Great News!

I like basketball, but I can't stand the Lakers or the NBA. The less I have to see of them the better.

johnjm22 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2011, 06:04 AM
JT Dutch*
Cult of Personality

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alternate Jersey View Post
... Perhaps if some other sports team in the area had won a championship in the last 23 years, this would not be the case.

Say what you will about basketball and the NBA - and I for one do not enjoy it nearly as much as I did in years past - but the Lakers are an incredibly successful organization, and deserve every second of coverage that they get.

JT Dutch* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2011, 06:10 AM
KingLB

Quote:
Originally Posted by JT Dutch View Post
... Perhaps if some other sports team in the area had won a championship in the last 23 years, this would not be the case.

Say what you will about basketball and the NBA - and I for one do not enjoy it nearly as much as I did in years past - but the Lakers are an incredibly successful organization, and deserve every second of coverage that they get.
Galaxy??....Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim?!!?!??! Sparks Then of course SC/UCLA...

KingLB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2011, 06:33 AM
JT Dutch*
Cult of Personality

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingLB View Post
Galaxy??
... I don't follow. Explain to me this "galaxy" you speak of. The Crab Nebula? The Milky Way?

JT Dutch* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2011, 06:44 AM
KingLB

Quote:
... I don't follow. Explain to me this "galaxy" you speak of. The Crab Nebula? The Milky Way?
You know that team people claimed Uncle Phil only cared about back when DL was just beginning his rein....

KingLB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2011, 11:05 AM
Butch 19
King me

Quote:
Originally Posted by BerniernextRoy View Post

What? How did this "Laker news" happen and I didn't hear about it as every lead news story in L.A.?

No seriously, what is this? link?

And where can someone get some glue around here?! - this week!

Butch 19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2011, 11:10 AM
Live in the Now
Administrator
HFBoards

vCash: 50
Time Warner's starting a network and will take the Lakers with them. Probably will try to take the Dodgers too.

http://www.latimes.com/sports/basket...,1870324.story
Quote:
Terms of the deal were not disclosed. Under its deal with Fox Sports West, the Lakers were getting about $30 million a year in rights fees, people familiar with the situation said. Some industry observers pegged the new 20-year pact at a value of $3 billion, although Time Warner Cable dismissed that figure.
GAH!

Live in the Now is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2011, 11:44 AM
onlyalad

So Fox Sports West will have 65 open slots for other programing. If the Kings stay on Fox then that means maybe all Kings games will be on Fox and no need for channel 13. If the Kings move with the Lakers (AEG does own a share of the Lakers) it could be good or bad. They have two channels to fill and one Kings channel and one Lakers channel could work. If the Dodgers go as well it could cause some overlap but not more than now. I don't think there will be many days when the Dodgers, Lakers and Kings all are playing at the same time.

onlyalad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2011, 01:10 PM
Alternate Jersey

Quote:

well, i'm definitely not trying to voice the "why don't the kings get covered?!" whine. i'm aware of the fact that success brings coverage. but all of that doesn't mean that all the coverage doesn't annoy me, as, like you, i don't really enjoy basketball. i'm also talking about the fact that everyone is a lakers fan now, even if they never enjoyed basketball or the lakers were never their team, and you can't go ANYWHERE in california, let alone LA, without seeing lakers paraphernalia. even my frigging facebook is all about the "lakeshow" (and yes, i know you can [and i do] hide people, as well as go on facebook sparingly). bandwagonning has always irritated me. and that's really what i see when i see a ton of lakers stuff all over the place.

to conclude, yes...i know these feelings are all irrational and i'm probably just being a bit of a **** and raining on everyone's championship parade, so i'm sorry for that. and to all lakers fans here (who i'm sure, just by the fact that you're on the boards, aren't bandwagonners) i mean no offense, and i'm definitely not out there actively rooting against them--see my "i don't care about basketball" comment. if the situation were switched and it was the clippers and not the lakers (HAHAHAHA, right??!), i'd still be the same way.

Quote:
THIS made me laugh my ass off. nice one, JT.

EDIT: and don't even get me started on the sacramento kings. who do they think they are?!

Old
02-16-2011, 01:13 PM
mbar

Does this mean Laker games won't be available on Directv or will this Time Warner channel be available to other cable and sat. providers?

Confused.

And the Galaxy rule. Soccer is a great sport.

mbar is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2011, 01:16 PM
Josh Deitell
Hockey's Future Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by onlyalad View Post
So Fox Sports West will have 65 open slots for other programing. If the Kings stay on Fox then that means maybe all Kings games will be on Fox and no need for channel 13. If the Kings move with the Lakers (AEG does own a share of the Lakers) it could be good or bad. They have two channels to fill and one Kings channel and one Lakers channel could work. If the Dodgers go as well it could cause some overlap but not more than now. I don't think there will be many days when the Dodgers, Lakers and Kings all are playing at the same time.
I don't think the Kings draw well enough to hold together FSW on their own, especially if the Dodgers leave as well. I wouldn't be surprised to see FSW and Prime Ticket merge, meaning on nights when the Ducks/Kings are both playing there would be an issue.

Josh Deitell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2011, 01:17 PM
Alternate Jersey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh Deitell View Post
I don't think the Kings draw well enough to hold together FSW on their own, especially if the Dodgers leave as well. I wouldn't be surprised to see FSW and Prime Ticket merge, meaning on nights when the Ducks/Kings are both playing there would be an issue.
that would really suck. i vote that the kings get preference.

Old
02-16-2011, 01:21 PM
Live in the Now
Administrator
HFBoards

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by mbar View Post
Does this mean Laker games won't be available on Directv or will this Time Warner channel be available to other cable and sat. providers?

Confused.

And the Galaxy rule. Soccer is a great sport.
The Time Warner channel will be available. DirecTV and other cable providers are going to have to buck up though, and of course they will considering if they didn't there would be a mass exodus.

Live in the Now is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2011, 01:30 PM
CTKingsFan
6/11/12 & 6/13/14

As long as they don't go over to a comcast channel. I use Game Center to watch all the Kings games and it works fine. But comcast doesn't allow game center to stream their games. People who are flyers, sharks, caps fans are always stuck with the roads teams broadcast.

CTKingsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2011, 01:51 PM
onlyalad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Live in the Now View Post
The Time Warner channel will be available. DirecTV and other cable providers are going to have to buck up though, and of course they will considering if they didn't there would be a mass exodus.
I read somewhere that FSW charges about 2.37 a person a month and that this new deal will cost over $3 a person if they are on the same number of TVs. You know that if a cable company has both they will sell both as part of the "Sports" package and you will not be able to pick just one.

End result by Lakers doing this deal we all are going to pay 3.00 more a month to watch the Kings on another channel.

onlyalad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2011, 02:33 PM
DIEHARD the King fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by santiclaws
Quote:
Originally Posted by 123slam View Post
I picked the wrong week to quit taking amphetamines.

(@ 20 second mark)

Johnny, what do make out of this?

Why, I could make a hat, . . . or a broach, . . . or a teradactyl!

DIEHARD the King fan is offline   Reply With Quote