HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Habs lose 3-2, Heart Pills company gain 25%

Old
02-16-2011, 03:18 AM
uiCk
GrEmelins

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterDecoy View Post
and then they'd lose, you'd *****e and moan and call for his job.

can't have it both ways
just making it clear, im a 'fan' of martin, i think hes smart and wise coach. don't mind his system, as long as it successful.
i was talking about the folks who criticize him.

Quote:
People criticize Martin because they get bored with his system.
Which has nothing to do with his abilities as a coach.
People are bored watching his system, which has nothing to do with him being a good coach or bad coach

uiCk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2011, 03:21 AM
RaMMuT
Tank Nation 2012

on a positive note...

leafs beat boston 4-3

and grabovski scored a nice goal

other than that...

I dunno trade gomez and replace him with richards w00t

RaMMuT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2011, 03:38 AM
Aspirine
Lateral Move at Best

Maxpac is a top 6 forward. Legit.
I mean he's gonna have them cold streaks coming, but I know he has it in him. He's gonna be good. Just what the doctor ordered.

Aspirine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2011, 04:29 AM
MasterDecoy
Carlos Danger

Quote:
Originally Posted by uiCk View Post
just making it clear, im a 'fan' of martin, i think hes smart and wise coach. don't mind his system, as long as it successful.
i was talking about the folks who criticize him.
heh... oops?

MasterDecoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2011, 04:35 AM
Crimson Skorpion
HFB Partner

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by RaMMuT View Post
on a positive note...

leafs beat boston 4-3

and grabovski scored a nice goal

other than that...

I dunno trade gomez and replace him with richards w00t
Kessel also scored his 20th and 21st of the season, snapping that 14 game streak of no goals. Extra points for him doing it against Boston, in Boston and scoring a second goal on top of that.

Crimson Skorpion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2011, 08:01 AM
The n00b King
Kingin' since 2003

Price has to be the single worst SO goalie I have ever seen.

He basically NEVER makes a save there. And this goes back all the way to the World Juniors. Couldnt make a save for the life of him. All he's got going for him there is to hope that the shooter misses the net.

It's just plainly pathetic. Just come down the ice and shoot stick side and it'll go in. Guaranteed.

But even then, that game shouldnt of gone to the SO. The habs had all the chances in the world to win this in regulation but they just pissed it away.

I really want whoever is working on the PP to NOT be working on it anymore. We have such a **** PP and it's cost us so many games.....

The n00b King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2011, 08:11 AM
PricePkPatch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dominant Hegemony View Post

He basically NEVER makes a save there. And this goes back all the way to the World Juniors. Couldnt make a save for the life of him. All he's got going for him there is to hope that the shooter misses the net.

It's just plainly pathetic. Just come down the ice and shoot stick side and it'll go in. Guaranteed.

But even then, that game shouldnt of gone to the SO. The habs had all the chances in the world to win this in regulation but they just pissed it away.

I really want whoever is working on the PP to NOT be working on it anymore. We have such a **** PP and it's cost us so many games.....
Stop crying because of that single loss. Carey is quite okay in SO, he did pretty well during the ASG competitions.

PricePkPatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2011, 08:28 AM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by uiCk View Post
he did, a nice blocker save afterwards.
Yeah but he should have stopped either Vanek or Ennis, he was sliding too far across and giving a lot to shoot at blocker side.

Monctonscout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2011, 08:36 AM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:

I'm pretty sure his shootour record is pretty good overall.

I would have liked to see him be better last night, but to say he is the WORST SO goalie out there is a massive exageration.

http://www.nhlshootouts.com/AllTimeGoalieStats.htm

At .713 he is among the top regular NHL goalies.

Old
02-16-2011, 08:39 AM
saints96

Quote:

done crying?....ok!

Really? he NEVER makes a save in SO? NEVER? so his sv% in SO is 0.00? is that right? You're a peice of work you know that. You cannot be more wrong. He is actually one of the better SO goalies int he league. After keeping the team in the game you actually wanna blame Price because he got beat in the SO. Did you make the same assessment of him when we won our last SO. Probably not, you were probably going on and on about how great CP is and that you believed in him all along right? Geez, look at what one loss does to fans. The way i see some you, '' I love this team'' after a win and ''**** this team trade everyone'' after a loss, do everyone a favor, follow another sport. Is there any rationality in this ridiculous fanbase?

BTW this is probably the worse reactionary posts ive seen in a long time. I understand you're upset for the loss but, usually before one speaks(in our cases type) one must THINK, before saying something, or else, like in your case, just sound like a complete dumb***.

saints96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2011, 08:40 AM
PricePkPatch

It's official, I have a man crush

I struggled against it, but to no avail.

I just looked up the stats for yesterday's game, and learned that PK Subban played 29:22 of yesterday's game. Plus just_thoughts's analysis of the match

The man also PROVOKED offense like a superstar yesterday. His presence simply momentum-changing. He almost scored a beauty from Desharnais (who I also praise) by sneaking up out of NOWHERE on the goalie. He can rush with the puck inside the opponent's zone..

Damn it. I like girls, I really do. But why do I giddy like a schoolgirl when I see him handle the puck?

Am I normal?

I #blamesubban

Old
02-16-2011, 09:02 AM
Andrighetto Fabolous
Ghetto

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolkaTruesilver View Post
I struggled against it, but to no avail.

I just looked up the stats for yesterday's game, and learned that PK Subban played 29:22 of yesterday's game. Plus just_thoughts's analysis of the match

The man also PROVOKED offense like a superstar yesterday. His presence simply momentum-changing. He almost scored a beauty from Desharnais (who I also praise) by sneaking up out of NOWHERE on the goalie. He can rush with the puck inside the opponent's zone..

Damn it. I like girls, I really do. But why do I giddy like a schoolgirl when I see him handle the puck?

Am I normal?

I #blamesubban
No, if you were normal you would've had a man crush on him a long time ago.

Andrighetto Fabolous is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2011, 09:05 AM
Chris Pronger
Valar morghulis

vCash: 50
I didnt understand why they put Pyatt....hes probably the last guy i would put in a shootout lolll.

Chris Pronger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2011, 09:12 AM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyersfan182018 View Post
I didnt understand why they put Pyatt....hes probably the last guy i would put in a shootout lolll.
Maybe he is good on shootouts in practise.

Old
02-16-2011, 09:12 AM
Turtleneck Plek
Real Life

Seeing him fly on the ice in OT was a thing of beauty.

PK is the man, but we already knew that. One day, the league will catch on.

Turtleneck Plek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2011, 09:19 AM
PricePkPatch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyersfan182018 View Post
I don't understand why they don't put Subban ahead of Gomez.

Old
02-16-2011, 09:29 AM
Celtic Cross

haha ive had a man crush on subban since his days in belleville, when i knew what we would have on our roster. i watched the guy break 3 sticks on 1 PP same shift cause his shot is so hard. and if thats not enough, in Jr. there is no video review, and PK Subban had a shot so hard it went to the back of the net and out so fast the play kept going, but the announcers kept showing the play in slow motion on TV, his shot is one of shea weber, yes shea webers, and his style of play is one of the great number 4 bobby orr, his agressiveness reminds me of Scott Stevens, in this kid we se future HHOF...

Celtic Cross is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2011, 09:34 AM
SB164

The way he skated up towards the Sabres zone, and going against 2 defenders, released a super quick snapshot (which I have no idea how Enroth even managed to see) was Ovechkin-esque.

This guy is something else.

SB164 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2011, 09:46 AM
Dekar

Quote:

There were two moments from the 2007 IIHF world junior championships that TSN seems to like playing over and over:

1) Toews going 4/4 in the shootout.
2) This:

So much for never making a save.

Dekar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2011, 09:55 AM
PricePkPatch

Quote:
Originally Posted by SB164 View Post
The way he skated up towards the Sabres zone, and going against 2 defenders, released a super quick snapshot (which I have no idea how Enroth even managed to see) was Ovechkin-esque.

This guy is something else.
But the worst of all, that isn't even PK's forte!!! the man pulled nearly 30 minutes of play yesterday, THIRTY MINUTES! And he managed to actually become better as the match went on (if we believe just_thought's numbers). How much of a machine is he?

Old
02-16-2011, 10:00 AM
Tusk

I have one on him too, my friends wont stop harassing me about it. I can't remember liking a Habs Dman this much since I was a kid and loved Chelios.

Tusk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2011, 10:09 AM
swimmer77
Post Oates

Would have been nice if the Captain would have scored then we wouldn't have to complain about who was out when and why. Of course it would have been nice to build a bigger lead in the first after a multitude of chances. The Habs' D is holding its own as best as it can at this point but boy the Habs could use some finishers. Would take a lot of pressure off of the beleagured and bedraggled D not to mention the goalie.

swimmer77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2011, 10:11 AM
Galchenyum
AGally+BGally

PK has easily been the Habs' best defenseman since the new year. Logs huge minutes, constantly generating offense, has gotten much better defensively and makes much fewer mistakes, has a cannon of a shot, amazing skater, hits like a truck, etc. So much talent and only 21 years old!

EDIT: Just checked his game logs on NHL.com - 14 points in the 19 games since the new year. Has not played less than 20 minutes in any of those games.

Galchenyum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2011, 10:13 AM
katatoniak

Me like him. Me like him a lot!

katatoniak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2011, 10:18 AM
Dan K
HFBoards Partner

Send a message via MSN to Dan K
Honestly, as bad as Gomez has been lately, Kostitsyn has been far worse. Sure he takes the body once in a while, but he is in a horrible prolonged slump. Every time he tries to generate something, it's so predictable. He will make a move or receive a pass, but then when he goes to shoot or move the puck, it will roll right off his stick and become a turnover to the other team. Incredibly frustrating to watch.

It's really too bad. If even one of Gomez or Kostitsyn was playing decently, with Cammy coming back, we'd only need one top 6 forward. Plus we have an offense-generating third line. As it stands, gonna be interesting to see how and if Gauthier handles the issues.

Dan K is offline   Reply With Quote