HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Seguin back to Junior?

Old
02-16-2011, 10:35 AM
Liferleafer
RIP Mrs Doubtfire

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Vezina Thomas View Post
Even though his average ice time is over 12 minutes?

Weird.
Last 5 games: 6:27, 7:35, 8:57, 13:16 and 12:12 He must have played big minutes in January.

Liferleafer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2011, 10:40 AM
Paradise
Individual thinker

Why does it bother Leafs fans how Boston develops Seguin? Not enough bashing of Kadri's development? The media and fans trashed and hyped the kid over the edge. Boston has chosen not to tear down our top prospect, I suggest you do the same.

Paradise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2011, 10:41 AM
Tim Vezina Thomas
Dougie Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drew311 View Post
Great enought to be sat for the third period.
Yes, because we have BETTER CENTERS and are one of the BEST TEAMS IN THE EAST. Why is this concept so hard to grasp for Toronto fans??

He is absolutely our fourth best center every single night, its a natural progression to shorten your bench in the 3rd when you're in a close game. Ridiculous.

Tim Vezina Thomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2011, 10:43 AM
jahmeen

seguin sucks man, hes not gonna be the player boston thinks he will

Thank you Kessel : )

jahmeen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2011, 10:48 AM
Paradise
Individual thinker

Quote:
Originally Posted by jahmeen View Post
seguin sucks man, hes not gonna be the player boston thinks he will

Thank you Kessel : )
This is a pathetic trolling! At least do it with some grammar or correct use of the English language.

Old
02-16-2011, 10:51 AM
Liferleafer
RIP Mrs Doubtfire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paradise View Post
Why does it bother Leafs fans how Boston develops Seguin? Not enough bashing of Kadri's development? The media and fans trashed and hyped the kid over the edge. Boston has chosen not to tear down our top prospect, I suggest you do the same.
It doesn't bother me. Seguin should crush Kadri talent wise, the difference is, Seguin has played 53 games 9G 9A. Kadri has played 29 games in the AHL 10G 17A lots of ice time and has a +/- of 0. The only point i was trying to make was that it may have been better for Seguin to have played in the minors (yes, i know he can no longer be sent down) than to have played a minimal role with the Bruins.

Old
02-16-2011, 10:59 AM
Paradise
Individual thinker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liferleafer View Post
It doesn't bother me. Seguin should crush Kadri talent wise, the difference is, Seguin has played 53 games 9G 9A. Kadri has played 29 games in the AHL 10G 17A lots of ice time and has a +/- of 0. The only point i was trying to make was that it may have been better for Seguin to have played in the minors (yes, i know he can no longer be sent down) than to have played a minimal role with the Bruins.

His minimal role with the Bruins also brings aspects to his game that playing in the OHL doesn't. It'd mostly be the mental side of being in the NHL, even without top line minutes. There's so many other things that can be learned and taught by just being a part of the big club in the NHL that can't be by playing and dominating in the OHL. He did tie for OHL scoring leader last year, so I don't see how repeating that makes his game anymore complete than it is now.

Old
02-16-2011, 11:10 AM
Liferleafer
RIP Mrs Doubtfire

Quote:
[/B]

His minimal role with the Bruins also brings aspects to his game that playing in the OHL doesn't. It'd mostly be the mental side of being in the NHL, even without top line minutes. There's so many other things that can be learned and taught by just being a part of the big club in the NHL that can't be by playing and dominating in the OHL. He did tie for OHL scoring leader last year, so I don't see how repeating that makes his game anymore complete than it is now.
So now he gets to stay in nicer hotels and fly in big planes and gets great press box seats to NHL games.This does not make his game any better. Benching him for the 3rd last night does not make him better. Ice time, no matter where makes him better. Yes, dominating the OHL would make him better. He doesn't need help with his mental game. He needs help with his physical game. So some big minutes in the OHL would help condition him.He is only 19, not ready for the NHL, the Bruins are very good as is,so another year of 17-19 minutes a game and some goal scoring would have been better for him.

Old
02-16-2011, 11:16 AM
Paradise
Individual thinker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liferleafer View Post
So now he gets to stay in nicer hotels and fly in big planes and gets great press box seats to NHL games.This does not make his game any better. Benching him for the 3rd last night does not make him better. Ice time, no matter where makes him better. Yes, dominating the OHL would make him better. He doesn't need help with his mental game. He needs help with his physical game. So some big minutes in the OHL would help condition him.He is only 19, not ready for the NHL, the Bruins are very good as is,so another year of 17-19 minutes a game and some goal scoring would have been better for him.
Quality of life can make a difference. Training with an NHL team, staff and top notch training facility helps the physical department. The mental side and speed of the NHL game is usually what takes time to develop. Obviously we don't have the same opinions on the matter, so better to disagree on it.

Old
02-16-2011, 11:25 AM
Tim Vezina Thomas
Dougie Time

Quote:
Quality of life can make a difference. Training with an NHL team, staff and top notch training facility helps the physical department. The mental side and speed of the NHL game is usually what takes time to develop. Obviously we don't have the same opinions on the matter, so better to disagree on it.
Seguin needs to get stronger/bigger and needs to work on hs defense.

Where are the best places to do that.........

Hint: A place with bigger stronger people who are also better.

Old
02-16-2011, 11:38 AM
Paradise
Individual thinker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Vezina Thomas View Post
Seguin needs to get stronger/bigger and needs to work on hs defense.

Where are the best places to do that.........

Hint: A place with bigger stronger people who are also better.
He has a solid head on his shoulders and has a great work effort, so I don't see him failing.

Old
02-16-2011, 11:50 AM
Tim Vezina Thomas
Dougie Time

Quote:
He has a solid head on his shoulders and has a great work effort, so I don't see him failing.
Me either! Thats my point.

He needs to improve on things that can absolutely be improved upon. I have no doubt that he will at least be a top six center.