Question for bluelands faithful.

Closed Thread

Old
02-16-2011, 09:39 AM
Gardner McKay
Hey Hey...

vCash: 1000
Question for bluelands faithful.

As a Rangers fan who was in Atlanta for the Thrashers inaugural season, held season tickets to the Thrashers and watched this team rise and fall as many times as the rest of you have. I follow them almost as avidly as my Rangers but there are a few things I have questions about.

Let me preface this by saying I had the chance to meet Zach Bogosian last year at a golf outing at Cherokee Town and Country club (where I work) along with Colby Armstrong and Angelo espositio and all three of them were nice enough to not only sign a Jersey for me but actually sit and talk hockey with me for about 15 minutes. (prior to him signing in Toronto of course) I asked Army about atlanta and he said he loved it here and hopes a contract got worked out but he was had to do what was right for him and that was completely understandable.

I also asked Angelo about being drafted in the first round and being traded so early in his career, and you could tell he wasn't pleased. Then I asked him about the AHL and he said it was tough to adjust to but given enough time he thinks he has a good shot at succeeding there and still one day making playing in the NHL which I thought was great.

Then I talked to Bogosian for a little bit about being drafted so high and everything and if it added any pressure. His reply was a little but he was just happy to be playing in the NHL at such a young age and was very fortunate for that. Overall he seemed like a hell of a nice guy and the type of player any team would love too have not just because of his potential but because of his personality as well.

Now with all this B.S. about him wanting out... Based on meeting him I find it hard to believe he would pull something like this but its been a ehh year for him and Sportsnet isn't like Eklund or TFP, they are credible.

Do you guys think maybe something is being blown way out of proportion or that this actually carries some weight and could see him being traded.

If you think he could be traded, realistically, what do kind of return would you want, or expect in general, and what would it take from the Rangers to get him to NY. If hes going anywhere nothing would make me happier then to see him go from my #2 team to my #1 team.

Old
02-16-2011, 09:52 AM
Telfo
THRASHERS

vCash: 500
i think its being blown out of proportion but i also think he COULD be traded. he was drafted to be a top pairing guy but now we have Buff and Enstrom both signed for a while so the need isnt as big as it was.

if we got offered a good package that included a very good young forward i think dudley might pull the trigger.

Old
02-16-2011, 11:06 AM
Lynk
Registered Bro

It's like anything in sports media. One credible person throws out a name possibly being shopped and all the other morons (Eklund, Kypreos, etc) jump on it, put their own little spin and try to claim it as their own.

Yes there was some admitted disagreements between Torchetti and Bogosian but according to Ramsay (who I personally will believe) it has been sorted out. But like always it gets escalated so high that everyone now puts him almost at #1 of the guy being shopped out of the entire NHL.

I'm actually someone who would prefer it if he was to get traded, albeit he has played some decent games lately, it's not enough to drown out the rest of his mediocre season. Right now he's at his highest value and is our best chance of adding some much needed offense and I have full faith in Dudley to do the right thing, whatever that may be.

I'm not doubting he's a possible trade target, but the way it has been reported by 99% of the media is nothing short of sheer ignorance imo.

Old
02-16-2011, 01:33 PM
Ashe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynk View Post
It's like anything in sports media. One credible person throws out a name possibly being shopped and all the other morons (Eklund, Kypreos, etc) jump on it, put their own little spin and try to claim it as their own.

Yes there was some admitted disagreements between Torchetti and Bogosian but according to Ramsay (who I personally will believe) it has been sorted out. But like always it gets escalated so high that everyone now puts him almost at #1 of the guy being shopped out of the entire NHL.

I'm actually someone who would prefer it if he was to get traded, albeit he has played some decent games lately, it's not enough to drown out the rest of his mediocre season. Right now he's at his highest value and is our best chance of adding some much needed offense and I have full faith in Dudley to do the right thing, whatever that may be.

I'm not doubting he's a possible trade target, but the way it has been reported by 99% of the media is nothing short of sheer ignorance imo.
TSN also believes Bogo is being shopped for our top 6 upgrade. Bringing up Kulda/Postma could be slight auditions for who takes his spot when he is gone.

Closed Thread