HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2010-2011 Rangers Prospects Thread (Juniors, NCAA, International, Other) *Part 3*

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
02-15-2011, 02:23 PM
  #976
Wraparounds
Powerful Wizard
 
Wraparounds's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Country: United States
Posts: 8,383
vCash: 500
AGrossRecord Andrew Gross
#NYRangers prospect Chris Kreider: "(Discussion on turning pro) is not going to come up until after the season."
#NYRangers Chris Kreider on Tortorella's comments: "That's certainly a good confidence booster for myself."

Wraparounds is offline  
Old
02-15-2011, 02:25 PM
  #977
Bluenote13
Believe In Henke
 
Bluenote13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: BKLYN, NYC
Posts: 23,713
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAGLine View Post
I think Kreider would have been in the AHL, most likely. But I'm fine with him playing college for 1 more year. He's said he plans to turn pro after this year.
Big fish in a little pond, then little fish in big pond. That is a good way to grow a leader.

Dubinsky, Cally, Staal, Girardi, Stepan, etc - all started their full time pro careers at 20 or later, Kreider will be 20 entering his first full pro season

Bluenote13 is offline  
Old
02-15-2011, 02:28 PM
  #978
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller
 
RangerBoy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: New York
Country: United States
Posts: 31,865
vCash: 500
Quote:
“Obviously, I need to sit down and talk to my parents about it, my coaches, my adviser,” said Kreider, the 19th overall pick in the 2009 NHL Draft. “It’s not going to come up until after the season. Right now, it’s not really coming up for discussion.

“It’s good to hear, obviously, you want the support of the staff,” Kreider added. “That’s certainly a good confidence booster for myself. But just like last summer. I have to take every opinion into my decision. but it’s good to hear.”
http://blogs.northjersey.com/blogs/r...any_decisions/

RangerBoy is offline  
Old
02-15-2011, 02:52 PM
  #979
TrollololBoyle
Registered User
 
TrollololBoyle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Danbury, CT
Country: United States
Posts: 2,672
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerBoy View Post
I'll take that as a "I'm turning pro once the season is over".

TrollololBoyle is offline  
Old
02-15-2011, 02:55 PM
  #980
CH2
Registered User
 
CH2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: NH
Posts: 1,360
vCash: 500


Hagelin's 2 assists in Michigan's 3-2 win over Ohio State. The first one is a hell of a pass cross ice, the second he shows good puck control before he makes kind of a pass to Caporusso.

CH2 is offline  
Old
02-15-2011, 03:03 PM
  #981
PBC9400
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: New York
Country: United States
Posts: 52
vCash: 500
Pavel Valentenko

This guy looks like he has made some progress down in CT. I used to follow Sauer when he was in Hartford and every year his +/- got better and better throughout the season and year by year. Valentenko started the year off slow, like McDonagh, adapting to the game-play. I remember at one point, while CT was probably doing pretty bad as well, Valentenko was a -7. Now he is at +10. After all the previous success that our kids have had plugging holes, why not give this kid a shot in Eminger's place? At least while DZ is down in CT where he should be at this point this season and if Eminger is just going to be a dressed body. He has a cannon, from what his scouting report said when he was in the running to make the team this off-season. We could plug him up here for a few games, check him out, give him a shot on the PP and see if he can get his shot through. Its only worth a shot if we are not going to acquire one of the bigger names at the deadline though. I know he is not a legitimate offensive defensmen but we could definitely use a shot back there. He isn't known as a defensive guy only neither.

PBC9400 is offline  
Old
02-15-2011, 03:37 PM
  #982
wolfgaze
Interesting Cat
 
wolfgaze's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 12,094
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CH2 View Post

Hagelin's 2 assists in Michigan's 3-2 win over Ohio State. The first one is a hell of a pass cross ice, the second he shows good puck control before he makes kind of a pass to Caporusso.
Thanks for posting.

wolfgaze is offline  
Old
02-15-2011, 03:50 PM
  #983
NYR Viper
Moderator
 
NYR Viper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: PA
Country: United States
Posts: 28,542
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PBC9400 View Post
This guy looks like he has made some progress down in CT. I used to follow Sauer when he was in Hartford and every year his +/- got better and better throughout the season and year by year. Valentenko started the year off slow, like McDonagh, adapting to the game-play. I remember at one point, while CT was probably doing pretty bad as well, Valentenko was a -7. Now he is at +10. After all the previous success that our kids have had plugging holes, why not give this kid a shot in Eminger's place? At least while DZ is down in CT where he should be at this point this season and if Eminger is just going to be a dressed body. He has a cannon, from what his scouting report said when he was in the running to make the team this off-season. We could plug him up here for a few games, check him out, give him a shot on the PP and see if he can get his shot through. Its only worth a shot if we are not going to acquire one of the bigger names at the deadline though. I know he is not a legitimate offensive defensmen but we could definitely use a shot back there. He isn't known as a defensive guy only neither.
I'm a big fan of Valentenko. I am really hoping he stays another season as I thought he was NHL ready this season. His snarl and physicality is awesome on the back-end and he is not afraid to just rip shots from the point which is something this team does not have.

Hopefully someone is telling him he is a part of this teams future so that he doesnt run back to Russia because I think he can be a solid NHL defenseman.

NYR Viper is offline  
Old
02-15-2011, 04:01 PM
  #984
Ola
Registered User
 
Ola's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Sweden
Country: Sweden
Posts: 17,673
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SupersonicMonkey View Post
-----

3- His IQ.

The IQ thing was always bogus, IMO. He was more inexperienced then had low IQ. He's a very intelligent person. He's also always been able to adapt and progress quickly at each level. He focused on, worked on, and developed all the areas he needed to to round out his game and become a better overall player. All signs of NOT having poor hockey IQ.
-----
I don't agree.

I would like to make a statement:
-Get Kreider into certain -- not all that unusual -- situations, and he can take advantage of them like few others.

Does anyone agree?

Then, why doesn't he? Its simple, he can not find them for himself. He goes up and down the ice like a train on tracks, but doesn't get involved in situation where he can use his speed -- besides the few and far between chances when the puck lands on his stick...

Call it IQ, call it creativity, call it what you want. But there is plenty and further plenty of players at any level, in any league, the SEL, the KHL, the WHL, the QMJHL, OHL, the AHL, college and the NHL, or scratch that, there are plenty and further plenty of players on any team, in all the mentioned leagues -- who can create and find open ice for themselves. We shouldn't exagerate, but Kreider just aint good at that.

Kreider in college is more dominant in terms of speed/strength then AO is in the NHL. Kreider is scoring is, what 0,6 pts/game?, in college. Kreider have fantastic abilities for sure, and I can't see how he can't make it to the NHL and I think odds are very good that he will become a good NHLer. But he certainly have some issues.

Ola is offline  
Old
02-15-2011, 04:12 PM
  #985
NYR Viper
Moderator
 
NYR Viper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: PA
Country: United States
Posts: 28,542
vCash: 500
I know people have mixed reviews on Ryan Bouqrue on this board so I was thinking, would anyone be for him leaving the QMJHL next season in order to play a year or 2 in the NCAA? To me, if he turns pro next season I think he will be out-muscled. He needs time for his body to continue to develop and playing less games while working out more for a year would help that.

Obviously, offensively he is ready for the pros. Physically, I dont think he is. Just trying to think outside the box.

NYR Viper is offline  
Old
02-15-2011, 04:25 PM
  #986
HatTrick Swayze
Tomato Potato
 
HatTrick Swayze's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 9,474
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR Boyler87 View Post
I know people have mixed reviews on Ryan Bouqrue on this board so I was thinking, would anyone be for him leaving the QMJHL next season in order to play a year or 2 in the NCAA? To me, if he turns pro next season I think he will be out-muscled. He needs time for his body to continue to develop and playing less games while working out more for a year would help that.

Obviously, offensively he is ready for the pros. Physically, I dont think he is. Just trying to think outside the box.
CHL players lose NCAA eligibility.

__________________
"Here we can see the agression of american people. They love fighting and guns. when they wont win they try to kill us all." -HalfOfFame
HatTrick Swayze is offline  
Old
02-15-2011, 04:37 PM
  #987
NYR Viper
Moderator
 
NYR Viper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: PA
Country: United States
Posts: 28,542
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyrfan444 View Post
CHL players lose NCAA eligibility.
Is that true? I thought some CHL players went on to college after not being drafted. Or is that only Canadian colleges?

NYR Viper is offline  
Old
02-15-2011, 05:29 PM
  #988
CH2
Registered User
 
CH2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: NH
Posts: 1,360
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR Boyler87 View Post
Is that true? I thought some CHL players went on to college after not being drafted. Or is that only Canadian colleges?
Only Canadian colleges. The only way for a CHL player (in camp for at least 48 hours or plays at least one game) to play in the NCAA is if they sit out a full year while using eligibility, and that's the minimum. After a year, a former major-junior player can file to be eligible with the NCAA, the NCAA doesn't have to grant eligibility.

A kid from the local college played 2 QMJHL exhibition games and he had to sit out a full year.

CH2 is offline  
Old
02-15-2011, 05:35 PM
  #989
NYR Viper
Moderator
 
NYR Viper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: PA
Country: United States
Posts: 28,542
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CH2 View Post
Only Canadian colleges. The only way for a CHL player (in camp for at least 48 hours or plays at least one game) to play in the NCAA is if they sit out a full year while using eligibility, and that's the minimum. After a year, a former major-junior player can file to be eligible with the NCAA, the NCAA doesn't have to grant eligibility.

A kid from the local college played 2 QMJHL exhibition games and he had to sit out a full year.
Ahh, alright. Thanks for clarifying. I just fear that if Bourque goes pro, he may spend a year in the ECHL because of his lack of strength.

NYR Viper is offline  
Old
02-15-2011, 05:37 PM
  #990
n8
WAAAAAAA!!!
 
n8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: san francisco
Country: United States
Posts: 7,405
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CH2 View Post
this version just has Kreider highlights


n8 is offline  
Old
02-15-2011, 05:40 PM
  #991
CH2
Registered User
 
CH2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: NH
Posts: 1,360
vCash: 500


Kreider interview starts at :41.

CH2 is offline  
Old
02-15-2011, 07:05 PM
  #992
E Nixson
Powered by Intel
 
E Nixson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 882
vCash: 500
Any of our prospects playing tonight?

E Nixson is offline  
Old
02-15-2011, 07:09 PM
  #993
wolfgaze
Interesting Cat
 
wolfgaze's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 12,094
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by New England Hockey View Post
Any of our prospects playing tonight?
None in the CHL (WHL/OHL) as far as I can tell.

wolfgaze is offline  
Old
02-16-2011, 12:44 PM
  #994
JimmyStart*
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 2,569
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ola View Post
I don't agree.

I would like to make a statement:
-Get Kreider into certain -- not all that unusual -- situations, and he can take advantage of them like few others.

Does anyone agree?

Then, why doesn't he? Its simple, he can not find them for himself. He goes up and down the ice like a train on tracks, but doesn't get involved in situation where he can use his speed -- besides the few and far between chances when the puck lands on his stick...

Call it IQ, call it creativity, call it what you want. But there is plenty and further plenty of players at any level, in any league, the SEL, the KHL, the WHL, the QMJHL, OHL, the AHL, college and the NHL, or scratch that, there are plenty and further plenty of players on any team, in all the mentioned leagues -- who can create and find open ice for themselves. We shouldn't exagerate, but Kreider just aint good at that.

Kreider in college is more dominant in terms of speed/strength then AO is in the NHL. Kreider is scoring is, what 0,6 pts/game?, in college. Kreider have fantastic abilities for sure, and I can't see how he can't make it to the NHL and I think odds are very good that he will become a good NHLer. But he certainly have some issues.
Are there other reasons why he doesn't find these situations? Without actually watching him all this is is speculation. Reasonable speculation but so is "He isn't being put in offensive situations by the staff" or something of that nature. Personally i think he still needs another year before turning pro myself but I also think he'd make the adjustments and handle it fine if he did turn pro sooner.

JimmyStart* is offline  
Old
02-16-2011, 02:05 PM
  #995
Bird Law
Daisy's back.
 
Bird Law's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Country Roads
Country: United States
Posts: 73,363
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Bird Law
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ola View Post
Call it IQ, call it creativity, call it what you want. But there is plenty and further plenty of players at any level, in any league, the SEL, the KHL, the WHL, the QMJHL, OHL, the AHL, college and the NHL, or scratch that, there are plenty and further plenty of players on any team, in all the mentioned leagues -- who can create and find open ice for themselves. We shouldn't exagerate, but Kreider just aint good at that.
This is ridiculous, because that's one of Kreider's best attributes. He's able to find open ice and make plays there.

__________________
"Of course giving Sather cap space is like giving teenagers whiskey and car keys." - SBOB
"Watching Sather build a team is like watching a blind man with no fingers trying to put together an elaborate puzzle." - Shadowtron
"Used to be only Twinkies and cockroaches could survive a nuke. I'd add Habs to that. I'm convinced the CH stands for Club du Hypocrisy." - Gee Wally
Bird Law is offline  
Old
02-16-2011, 02:39 PM
  #996
TrollololBoyle
Registered User
 
TrollololBoyle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Danbury, CT
Country: United States
Posts: 2,672
vCash: 500
Close to 1,000 replies. Time for a new thread soon?

TrollololBoyle is offline  
Old
02-16-2011, 06:36 PM
  #997
wolfgaze
Interesting Cat
 
wolfgaze's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 12,094
vCash: 500
Thomas has potted his 43rd of the season just 10 minutes into the first period.

You can follow the boxscore here:

http://www.ontariohockeyleague.com/s...show/game/8046

wolfgaze is offline  
Old
02-16-2011, 06:37 PM
  #998
RGY
(Jagr68NYR94Leetch)
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Long Island, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 8,255
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfgaze View Post
Thomas has potted his 43rd of the season just 10 minutes into the first period.

You can follow the boxscore here:

http://www.ontariohockeyleague.com/s...show/game/8046
The kid just keeps going. Doesnt wanna slow down. I love it. I really hope we hold onto him.

RGY is offline  
Old
02-16-2011, 06:40 PM
  #999
Wraparounds
Powerful Wizard
 
Wraparounds's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Country: United States
Posts: 8,383
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DatsyukSOGoal View Post
Close to 1,000 replies. Time for a new thread soon?
Let nyr2k2 make it. He's the stats curator.

Wraparounds is offline  
Old
02-16-2011, 06:46 PM
  #1000
wolfgaze
Interesting Cat
 
wolfgaze's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 12,094
vCash: 500
Oshawa doing work on Mississauga.... 4-1 through 1 period.

wolfgaze is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:36 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.