HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Brendan Morrison?

Old
02-16-2011, 11:17 AM
OMGaudreau

vCash: 500
Brendan Morrison?

Any interest in this guy by the contenders? I have been pleasantly surprised by how smart a player he is, would provide some added depth to a contender.

OMGaudreau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2011, 11:45 AM
tadadonk

He would look great on the 4th line of the Canucks...He should hvae been kept over Peter Scheafer!! 1 of the few mistakes Gillis has made..

tadadonk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2011, 11:52 AM
Zip15

vCash: 50
If Calgary slides, I could see Buffalo interested. We need center depth badly. Also, I'd be excited for all the misspellings and general confusion on our board caused by Shaone Morrisonn and Brendan Morrison.

Zip15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2011, 12:19 PM
Injury Prone Stastny
Can't Trade Me!

I don't wanna jump to an conclusions but now that Sutter is gone, Calgary is playing like they should have been 2 years ago. I can't see them falling out of contention.

Injury Prone Stastny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2011, 12:51 PM
Rivet52
Sabres & Blackhawks

Send a message via AIM to Rivet52
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zip15 View Post
If Calgary slides, I could see Buffalo interested. We need center depth badly. Also, I'd be excited for all the misspellings and general confusion on our board caused by Shaone Morrisonn and Brendan Morrison.
09-10 Washington Capitals

Morrison's cheap and he's been good this year. I'd definitely want the Sabres to inquire about him if the Flames are looking to trade him.

Rivet52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2011, 04:29 PM
Lunatik*

personally I would like to see Morrison retained for 1 more season, he's versatile and a great leader... even if he doesn't produce at all next year he would be a solid #3/4 centerman (or winger is needed)... even if the Flames go the rebuild route after the season he would be a great veteran pressence

Lunatik* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2011, 05:08 PM
JonathanTwinkleToews
is a Canuck fan.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tadadonk View Post
He would look great on the 4th line of the Canucks...He should hvae been kept over Peter Scheafer!! 1 of the few mistakes Gillis has made..
Indeed. They basically chose position over quality of player.....on the 4th line nonetheless. Schaefer, aside from 1-2 peak years, has never been nearly as good of a hockey player as Mo. And Morrison outplayed Schaefer in the pre-season too, so I'm not sure what on earth Gillis and co. were thinking. In the event that Hank or Kesler went down, Morrison can still slot into a 2nd line role. Schaefer, not so much, in any position.

And now here we are near the trade deadline, with fans wanting to trade a 2nd rounder+ for Marty Reasoner.

JonathanTwinkleToews is offline   Reply With Quote