HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Pittsburgh scouts out and about

Old
02-16-2011, 06:31 PM
Freudian
Patty likes beef

vCash: 50
Has any of these scout signing posts in this forum ever been any kind of indicator of anything? NHL teams scout each other. Ho hum.

Freudian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2011, 06:35 PM
SprootsMasterFlex
Snooki for President

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by wej20 View Post
That's nowhere near enough value for Voracek and Umberger.

Voracek=Goligoski
Umberger >>>> Talbot + 1st
I have an even better offer:

Voracek + Filatov

for

Goligoski + Bennett

Voila!

SprootsMasterFlex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2011, 06:51 PM
bingobangobongo

Hemsky and Voracek are the kinds of players who would excel with Crosby and Malkin. Neither Crosby nor Malkin are the classic, 'I pass, you shoot' center icemen. They are players who need players who share the puck to make give and go plays with.

Ray Shero seems to have a keen eye for defensemen and I have no doubt that they will never be short on prospects there, but I'll believe a trade like this when I see it. Shero has made exactly 1 trade for skill, Hossa.

bingobangobongo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2011, 06:54 PM
pitpenguins95

Quote:
Originally Posted by bingobangobongo View Post
Hemsky and Voracek are the kinds of players who would excel with Crosby and Malkin. Neither Crosby nor Malkin are the classic, 'I pass, you shoot' center icemen. They are players who need players who share the puck to make give and go plays with.

Ray Shero seems to have a keen eye for defensemen and I have no doubt that they will never be short on prospects there, but I'll believe a trade like this when I see it. Shero has made exactly 1 trade for skill, Hossa.
Shero has made exactly numerous trades......for a stanley cup

pitpenguins95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2011, 06:56 PM
wej20

Quote:
Originally Posted by bingobangobongo View Post

Kunitz, Guerin, Ponikarovksy, Ekman?

wej20 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2011, 07:19 PM
gdsmack267

Pens scouts at Florida game for the third time in their last four games. Could be targeting weiss or higgins.

gdsmack267 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2011, 07:24 PM
eXile59
Shirts on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freudian View Post
Has any of these scout signing posts in this forum ever been any kind of indicator of anything? NHL teams scout each other. Ho hum.
Yeah I never get this. Its why you have pro-scouts and most times it doesn't mean anything at all.

eXile59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2011, 07:27 PM
UnderratedBrooks44

Quote:
Originally Posted by eXile59 View Post
Yeah I never get this. Its why you have pro-scouts and most times it doesn't mean anything at all.
LOL good point, though I would wager pro scouts watch a lot of tape and see guys in person much less frequently. I really have no idea. Only reason I say that is because in February you never hear reports of pro scouts visiting teams they'd never trade with. Anyone know for sure how it all works?

Anyways, I would like a good hockey trade involving Hemsky, Voracek, or slightly more realistically, Umberger.

UnderratedBrooks44 is offline   Reply With Quote