HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

LA-Oilers

Old
02-16-2011, 05:28 PM
BoldNewLettuce
Esquire

vCash: 157
I could see Penner dealt to LA for a 1st and Clifford.

BoldNewLettuce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2011, 05:29 PM
PRMan

vCash: 500
OK, Kings say no Top 9, Edmonton wants a top pairing D and/or top-line player.

How about:

Hickey
Loktionov
2011 1st

Hickey still has great potential to be Niedermeyer and Loktionov is playing a regular shift now, but we wouldn't need him with Hemsky.

PRMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2011, 05:37 PM
Buddy The Elf
Kings!

Quote:
Originally Posted by s7ark View Post
Since King fans don't want to part with any significant assets(which I understand), who do you think they could bring in to help them make a realistic playoff push while costing little to acquire?
I really don't know. that has been a hot topic the past few weeks. The Kings have gone 7-0-2 in that period and some of the bottom teams in the conference have started to fade a little. I think the Kings can and should get there on their own. They did it last year with the same roster.

I personally ahve no problem giving up assets for somebody who is going to be here past this season and fits in with the age group of the team. Hemsky fits that bill. Like everyone else, my only concern with Hemsky is his health. The Kings already have a roster full of players that have injury histories (Smyth, Williams, Mitchell etc.) so adding another is a concern.

I also think the Kings should have ponied up the 1st and 3rd for Versteeg. They could use another 20 goals on the left side and he is only 24 years old. That would have cost the Kings virtually nothing. Sure a 1st rounder has value but guys like Hickey and Teubert were first rounders and the Kings have invested time/money into. I'd rather get rid of something we don't have yet than something we've made an investment on. That is just me. However, I think most of the Kings fan base wants to hoard all their prospects until they know if they've panned out. Also, keep in mind, Dean Lombardi has never traded a 1st round pick since becoming the Kings GM.. unless you count the Teubert/Myers swap or the cammalleri deal in which he moved up by trading 2 firsts for a higher first.

To answer your question, I don't know.

Buddy The Elf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2011, 05:51 PM
Oilmageddon*
What are you hearing

Could we all agree Hemsky and Kopitar could be Upper Echelon players

Oilmageddon* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2011, 05:52 PM
iCanada

Quote:
Originally Posted by PRMan View Post
OK, Kings say no Top 9, Edmonton wants a top pairing D and/or top-line player.

How about:

Hickey
Loktionov
2011 1st

Hickey still has great potential to be Niedermeyer and Loktionov is playing a regular shift now, but we wouldn't need him with Hemsky.
I don't mind it. I would much rather grab a guy like Voynov or Clifford though. Even if you changed it up so we only got the one player instead of the two I like the deal better.

iCanada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2011, 06:11 PM
Petro Points

vCash: 885
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buddy The Elf View Post
I really don't know. that has been a hot topic the past few weeks. The Kings have gone 7-0-2 in that period and some of the bottom teams in the conference have started to fade a little. I think the Kings can and should get there on their own. They did it last year with the same roster.
LA, SJ, CGY, MIN and even CBJ have 7 wins in the last 10 games. ANA has 8 and a powerhouse team like CHI is on your tail. Making the playoffs wont be easy this year

Petro Points is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2011, 06:17 PM
Buddy The Elf
Kings!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PenzOil View Post
LA, SJ, CGY, MIN and even CBJ have 7 wins in the last 10 games. ANA has 8 and a powerhouse team like CHI is on your tail. Making the playoffs wont be easy this year
We're all very aware of that. The Kings have gone 7-0-2 and haven't moved in the standings but some of the other teams like Colorado and Columbus have started to slip. I still think the Kings have what it takes to make the postseason. If adding a player is what it takes, the Kings have bigger issues to address in the offseason. They have great defense and goaltending. Had the Kings not gone on a major skid at home, we wouldn't even be having this conversation.

Ironically, at that beginning of the season, everyone pegged the Kings current road trip as the make or break for them. As it turns out, the Kings 8 game homestand is what cost the Kings the playoffs and their current 10 game road trip could be what salvages the season.

Buddy The Elf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2011, 06:18 PM
SFKingshomer

Nah, Simmonds is worth more to LA.

SFKingshomer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2011, 06:23 PM
Petro Points

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buddy The Elf View Post
We're all very aware of that. The Kings have gone 7-0-2 and haven't moved in the standings but some of the other teams like Colorado and Columbus have started to slip. I still think the Kings have what it takes to make the postseason. If adding a player is what it takes, the Kings have bigger issues to address in the offseason. They have great defense and goaltending. Had the Kings not gone on a major skid at home, we wouldn't even be having this conversation.

Ironically, at that beginning of the season, everyone pegged the Kings current road trip as the make or break for them. As it turns out, the Kings 8 game homestand is what cost the Kings the playoffs and their current 10 game road trip could be what salvages the season.
Well I hope you guys make it. Too many good ex-Oilers on that team to not like it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SFKingshomer View Post
more to LA then Ryan friggin Jones is to Edmonton? sure I will give you that but I hope you are not comparing Simmonds to Hemsky.

Old
02-16-2011, 06:25 PM
SFKingshomer

Quote:
Well I hope you guys make it. Too many good ex-Oilers on that team to not like it.

more to LA then Ryan friggin Jones is to Edmonton? sure I will give you that but I hope you are not comparing Simmonds to Hemsky.
Simmonds is worth more to LA than Hemsky would be. He can play all 4 lines, is young, cheap, and not prone to injury.

Old
02-16-2011, 06:33 PM
Petro Points

Quote:
Simmonds is worth more to LA than Hemsky would be. He can play all 4 lines, is young, cheap, and not prone to injury.
Liam Reddox can do the same. If that is what LA needs then there are plenty of young cheap players who are not injury prone and can play on all 4 lines.

A proposal just for you: Jones + Giroux for Smyth.

Giroux is pretty up there in AHL scoring kinda like voyonov. Jones is young , tough and cheap and cal play on your 2nd line if need be. Smyth is just gonna get injured again.

Old
02-16-2011, 06:33 PM
RStar*

Quote:
No, he isn't Your own fanbase don't like having to post with you. Has that never clued into your head even a little bit?

RStar* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2011, 06:34 PM
RStar*

Quote:
Liam Reddox can do the same. If that is what LA needs then there are plenty of young cheap players who are not injury prone and can play on all 4 lines.
Liam Reddox sucks. I hate having him on the Oilers outside of a 4th liner.

RStar* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2011, 06:38 PM
Petro Points

Quote:
Originally Posted by RStar View Post
Liam Reddox sucks. I hate having him on the Oilers outside of a 4th liner.
jeez im trying to make a point here !

Old
02-16-2011, 07:03 PM
SFKingshomer

Quote:

A proposal just for you: Jones + Giroux for Smyth.

Giroux is pretty up there in AHL scoring kinda like voyonov. Jones is young , tough and cheap and cal play on your 2nd line if need be. Smyth is just gonna get injured again.
Your comparisons aren't even close. Giroux is a never was and Jones belongs in the AHL with him. Grasping as straws

Old
02-16-2011, 07:10 PM
Petro Points

Quote:
Your comparisons aren't even close. Giroux is a never was and Jones belongs in the AHL with him. Grasping as straws
Giroux was mentioned to let you know that AHL success means squat.
Jones has more goals, hits and bloecked shots then Simmonds and plays a smiliar grinding game.
If being injury prone is such a bad thing then trading Smyth for these 2 should be gold for you.

Old
02-16-2011, 07:44 PM
thadd
Oil4Life

Send a message via MSN to thadd
ANOTHER Hemsky for Schenn deal? *Faints*

thadd is online now   Reply With Quote