HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

San Jose-Nashville

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
02-16-2011, 07:59 PM
  #1
Top 6 Spaling
Registered User
 
Top 6 Spaling's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Smashville
Country: United States
Posts: 10,467
vCash: 500
San Jose-Nashville



Cody Franson




Devin Setoguchi

I know this deal has been tossed around before, but I wanted to get some more opinions on it. Nashville gets a sniper, which they need desperately, and San Jose get a solid Offensive D man for many years to come. Thoughts?

Top 6 Spaling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2011, 08:04 PM
  #2
Pinkfloyd
Registered User
 
Pinkfloyd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Roseville
Country: United States
Posts: 34,156
vCash: 500
Seto's speed is needed in the Sharks' lineup and Franson is not far enough along to slot him in a spot where he would help the team immediately. Maybe in the off-season when the Sharks have more flexibility to replace Setoguchi up front but definitely not now.

Besides that, the best deal for the Sharks to make right now is one where they don't give up anyone on their pro roster except for Niclas Wallin, Kent Huskins, Torrey Mitchell, Scott Nichol, and Jamal Mayers.

Pinkfloyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2011, 08:25 PM
  #3
BillR10
Registered User
 
BillR10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 447
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinkfloyd View Post
Seto's speed is needed in the Sharks' lineup and Franson is not far enough along to slot him in a spot where he would help the team immediately. Maybe in the off-season when the Sharks have more flexibility to replace Setoguchi up front but definitely not now.

Besides that, the best deal for the Sharks to make right now is one where they don't give up anyone on their pro roster except for Niclas Wallin, Kent Huskins, Torrey Mitchell, Scott Nichol, and Jamal Mayers.
This ^. Unless it's a package for a top tier dman like weber or suter, there's no reason for us to sell off roster players at the deadline.

BillR10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2011, 08:42 PM
  #4
Top 6 Spaling
Registered User
 
Top 6 Spaling's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Smashville
Country: United States
Posts: 10,467
vCash: 500
What if we did this deal during the off-season instead?

Top 6 Spaling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2011, 08:50 PM
  #5
RaiderDoug
Registered User
 
RaiderDoug's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Knoxville
Country: United States
Posts: 1,881
vCash: 500
Nashville says no.

Solid value, but I don't know if Nashville can afford to give up a D-man like Franson right now, with Boullion hurt.

We have alot of kids (Ellis, Blum, Josi) that will be ready soon, but probably aren't ready to log heavy minutes on a playoff run that we hope will happen here soon.

In fact, I know alot of people think Nashville needs to add that sniper right now, but I see Polie probably going for a defenseman rather than another forward.

RaiderDoug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2011, 08:54 PM
  #6
magic school bus
***********
 
magic school bus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: San Jose, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 15,641
vCash: 141
Quote:
Originally Posted by gopreds9 View Post
What if we did this deal during the off-season instead?
that is more likely. i'd like to see Seto play more. he's playing great now, so there's no reason to trade him.. if he disappoints down the stretch, he could be traded.

magic school bus is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2011, 08:56 PM
  #7
Top 6 Spaling
Registered User
 
Top 6 Spaling's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Smashville
Country: United States
Posts: 10,467
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by magic school bus View Post
that is more likely. i'd like to see Seto play more. he's playing great now, so there's no reason to trade him.. if he disappoints down the stretch, he could be traded.
I still can't believe that snipe he had on Rinne last night

Top 6 Spaling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2011, 08:59 PM
  #8
Pinkfloyd
Registered User
 
Pinkfloyd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Roseville
Country: United States
Posts: 34,156
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RaiderDoug View Post
Nashville says no.

Solid value, but I don't know if Nashville can afford to give up a D-man like Franson right now, with Boullion hurt.

We have alot of kids (Ellis, Blum, Josi) that will be ready soon, but probably aren't ready to log heavy minutes on a playoff run that we hope will happen here soon.

In fact, I know alot of people think Nashville needs to add that sniper right now, but I see Polie probably going for a defenseman rather than another forward.
But Franson isn't ready for that either considering he is not getting anywhere near heavy minutes now so that point is irrelevant.

Pinkfloyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2011, 09:07 PM
  #9
magic school bus
***********
 
magic school bus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: San Jose, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 15,641
vCash: 141
Quote:
Originally Posted by gopreds9 View Post
I still can't believe that snipe he had on Rinne last night
it was a great wrist shot, but not as good as one of his one-timers IMO.

magic school bus is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:38 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.