HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

San Jose-Nashville

Old
02-16-2011, 07:59 PM
Top 6 Spaling

vCash: 500
San Jose-Nashville

Cody Franson

Devin Setoguchi

I know this deal has been tossed around before, but I wanted to get some more opinions on it. Nashville gets a sniper, which they need desperately, and San Jose get a solid Offensive D man for many years to come. Thoughts?

Top 6 Spaling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2011, 08:04 PM
Pinkfloyd

Seto's speed is needed in the Sharks' lineup and Franson is not far enough along to slot him in a spot where he would help the team immediately. Maybe in the off-season when the Sharks have more flexibility to replace Setoguchi up front but definitely not now.

Besides that, the best deal for the Sharks to make right now is one where they don't give up anyone on their pro roster except for Niclas Wallin, Kent Huskins, Torrey Mitchell, Scott Nichol, and Jamal Mayers.

Pinkfloyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2011, 08:25 PM
BillR10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinkfloyd View Post
Seto's speed is needed in the Sharks' lineup and Franson is not far enough along to slot him in a spot where he would help the team immediately. Maybe in the off-season when the Sharks have more flexibility to replace Setoguchi up front but definitely not now.

Besides that, the best deal for the Sharks to make right now is one where they don't give up anyone on their pro roster except for Niclas Wallin, Kent Huskins, Torrey Mitchell, Scott Nichol, and Jamal Mayers.
This ^. Unless it's a package for a top tier dman like weber or suter, there's no reason for us to sell off roster players at the deadline.

BillR10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2011, 08:42 PM
Top 6 Spaling

What if we did this deal during the off-season instead?

Old
02-16-2011, 08:50 PM
RaiderDoug

Nashville says no.

Solid value, but I don't know if Nashville can afford to give up a D-man like Franson right now, with Boullion hurt.

We have alot of kids (Ellis, Blum, Josi) that will be ready soon, but probably aren't ready to log heavy minutes on a playoff run that we hope will happen here soon.

In fact, I know alot of people think Nashville needs to add that sniper right now, but I see Polie probably going for a defenseman rather than another forward.

RaiderDoug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2011, 08:54 PM
magic school bus

vCash: 141
Quote:
Originally Posted by gopreds9 View Post
What if we did this deal during the off-season instead?
that is more likely. i'd like to see Seto play more. he's playing great now, so there's no reason to trade him.. if he disappoints down the stretch, he could be traded.

magic school bus is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2011, 08:56 PM
Top 6 Spaling

Quote:
Originally Posted by magic school bus View Post
that is more likely. i'd like to see Seto play more. he's playing great now, so there's no reason to trade him.. if he disappoints down the stretch, he could be traded.
I still can't believe that snipe he had on Rinne last night

Old
02-16-2011, 08:59 PM
Pinkfloyd

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaiderDoug View Post
Nashville says no.

Solid value, but I don't know if Nashville can afford to give up a D-man like Franson right now, with Boullion hurt.

We have alot of kids (Ellis, Blum, Josi) that will be ready soon, but probably aren't ready to log heavy minutes on a playoff run that we hope will happen here soon.

In fact, I know alot of people think Nashville needs to add that sniper right now, but I see Polie probably going for a defenseman rather than another forward.
But Franson isn't ready for that either considering he is not getting anywhere near heavy minutes now so that point is irrelevant.

Pinkfloyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2011, 09:07 PM
magic school bus

vCash: 141
Quote:
Originally Posted by gopreds9 View Post
I still can't believe that snipe he had on Rinne last night
it was a great wrist shot, but not as good as one of his one-timers IMO.

magic school bus is online now   Reply With Quote