HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Trevor Lewis to Vancouver

Old
02-16-2011, 04:25 PM
Canuck and Bills Fan

vCash: 500
Trevor Lewis to Vancouver

Lots of talk about Vancouver looking for a 4th line Center Trevor Lewis would be a perfect fit in Vancouver and may just be one of these players that need a change of scenery to really break out. From a few rumblings I have heard LA would not be opposed to dealing the guy for a pick or a prospect. His numbers are awful this year but most of the Kings are. The only thing I see us being scared by is his lack of playoff experience. I think a deal maybe around Shirokov for Lewis straight up might be the change Sergei needs as well as Lewis. Flame away!

Canuck and Bills Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2011, 04:29 PM
ScoreZeGoals
Back on Cloud 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canuck and Bills Fan View Post
Lots of talk about Vancouver looking for a 4th line Center Trevor Lewis would be a perfect fit in Vancouver and may just be one of these players that need a change of scenery to really break out. From a few rumblings I have heard LA would not be opposed to dealing the guy for a pick or a prospect. His numbers are awful this year but most of the Kings are. The only thing I see us being scared by is his lack of playoff experience. I think a deal maybe around Shirokov for Lewis straight up might be the change Sergei needs as well as Lewis. Flame away!
Uhhhhhh.....what? I know the Kings offense isn't lighting the world on fire, but jeez. As for Lewis's numbers, he's playing the game Murray wants him to. Besides, I don't see the Kings and Canucks as good trading partners at the deadline seeing as they might meet in the first round

ScoreZeGoals is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2011, 04:30 PM
markisonfire

Quote:
Kings don't really need to trade Lewis, he is finally putting it all together and is becoming a very valuable third/fourth line player. Thanks for the subtle shots at the Kings, though.

Lewis for Raymond straight up?

markisonfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2011, 04:33 PM
Yog S'loth

Lesson: Don't draft 19-year-olds in the first round.

You want this guy? Why? You don't have enough nameless, faceless, no offense -10 fourth-liners in your organization?

Yog S'loth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2011, 04:34 PM
Ollie Weeks

Kings have no need to move him. I hope for him to be our version of ex-Senator Chris Kelly in the coming years.

Ollie Weeks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2011, 04:37 PM
Canuck and Bills Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yog S'loth View Post
Lesson: Don't draft 19-year-olds in the first round.

You want this guy? Why? You don't have enough nameless, faceless, no offense -10 fourth-liners in your organization?
I take it Lewis is not the most popular prospect LA has, wouldn’t Shirkov be that potentially dynamic winger LA needs? Beside Kopitar I think that could be lethal..

Old
02-16-2011, 04:39 PM
Vic Vinegar

1) The Kings don't have awful numbers. See Kopitar , Doughty, Johnson, Smyth, Williams, Stoll.
2) Lewis isn't playing a scoring a role. He's asked to play a defensive game and bring energy. He's done that well and is one of our go-to PK guys.
3) Why would the Kings want picks or prospects?

Vic Vinegar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2011, 04:53 PM
Yog S'loth

Quote:
I take it Lewis is not the most popular prospect LA has, wouldn’t Shirkov be that potentially dynamic winger LA needs? Beside Kopitar I think that could be lethal..
It's not that he's a bad player. He's just an interchangable fourth-liner with very little talent that was drafted woefully too early.

Yog S'loth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2011, 05:13 PM
10 ft. pole

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yog S'loth View Post
It's not that he's a bad player. He's just an interchangable fourth-liner with very little talent that was drafted woefully too early.
He is however, a really strong skater and plays good defense, works hard, and is coachable. I don't see why LA would get rid of him? Guys like this always seem to score big goals in the playoffs it seems as well. Vancouver should just use a 4th rounder and develop a guy like this on there own. The AHL is full of guys like this. My guess is if you have a decent scouting department you can find one and just offer him a pro contract.

10 ft. pole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2011, 05:17 PM
Telos
In Dean We Trust

vCash: 3578
Send a message via ICQ to Telos Send a message via AIM to Telos Send a message via MSN to Telos Send a message via Yahoo to Telos
The Kings like him and have no reason to deal him. His play has been good for us. Also, a trade between LA and Vancouver would never happen, there is a decent chance they may see each other in the postseason, if that is the case, neither wants to do the other any favors.

“Every good army needs a couple of criminals.” - Dean Lombardi
Telos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2011, 05:19 PM
markisonfire

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yog S'loth
Quote:
Originally Posted by 10 ft. pole
He is however, a really strong skater and plays good defense, works hard, and is coachable. I don't see why LA would get rid of him? Guys like this always seem to score big goals in the playoffs it seems as well. Vancouver should just use a 4th rounder and develop a guy like this on there own. The AHL is full of guys like this. My guess is if you have a decent scouting department you can find one and just offer him a pro contract.
Are we talking about Shirokov or Lewis?

I think, at the time, Lewis was not only a decent pick but he is not just about ready for the role he was drafted for. Not every player taken in the first round needs to be a dynamic goal scoring machine. Lewis just turned 24, and if he is a high energy penalty killer that is on the third line for years to come in LA, then that 1st round pick was well worth it...

markisonfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2011, 06:04 PM
HeadInjury

Trevor Lewis is a fine addition to our team. Whenever I see him out on the penalty kill, I feel confident. That's not something you normally associate with a rookie. Anyone criticising his offensive production doesn't understand his role on the team. He can play center or wing, is fast and could even fill in on a higher line in case of injury.

HeadInjury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2011, 07:02 PM
drugold
drunk, goals&swagger

Watching Lewis improve with each game is rewarding. I dont know enough about Shirokov to say if the deal holds fair value or not. Quite simply I doubt a fan of another team outside our division realizes his skillset based upon his 4th line stats. Lewis is a good 4th line center and is improving leaps and bounds this season

drugold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2011, 07:25 PM
nuckfan insk

vCash: 934
i think kyle brodziak would be a better fit for vancouver

nuckfan insk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2011, 07:29 PM
Josh Deitell
Hockey's Future Staff

Lewis has been a damn fine player for the Kings this year. I don't see why they move him, I think Richardson would be more likely to get traded.

Josh Deitell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2011, 07:39 PM
Canuck and Bills Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by dannoabram View Post
i think kyle brodziak would be a better fit for vancouver
Lewis is more of a Deffensive forward who can slip back and play D thats one of the main reasons I think he would fit great in Vancouver. They need as many forwards to go both ways as possible.

Old
02-16-2011, 07:43 PM
Martyros

Lewis holds alot more value for the kings than in the trade market, i think that's obvious. Because of this, I really can't put out a value on him.

Martyros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2011, 07:49 PM
Shellz

The Kings wouldn't get much for him if he was traded right now. I would rather just keep him.

Shellz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2011, 09:00 PM
rajuabju

No way we trade Lewis!

1) His value right now is very low. We would not get much for him at all.
2) He is playing EXCELLENT hockey for the Kings. He's going to be our #3 or #4 center.
3) He's become a critical part of our PK, and once Handzus leaves, he's going to become even more vital for us

We dont need/expect him to score a lot. Thats NEVER been a role for Lewis. Even when we drafted him, it was because he was known as a very responsible 2-way forward, and it was expected he'd be a bottom line centerman. He's now excelling at that role.

It's a classic case of more value to us than what he'd net in a trade.

rajuabju is offline   Reply With Quote