HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Shea Weber update

Old
02-16-2011, 09:26 PM
usiel
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to usiel
Would absolutely love Weber on the Caps...will never happen obviously but what a great Dman.

02-16-2011, 09:27 PM
MISC*
Negged.

The pride of Sicamous, BC.

MISC* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2011, 09:34 PM
Wondercarrot
Classless

Quote:
Originally Posted by glenngineer View Post
I have to say I'm pretty annoyed by this thread. I get ticked by reading everyone's offers for Weber in other threads but that's to be expected, teams and fans alike would love to have Weber on them. I get that. The fact that this thread is started by a fan of Nashville has me irate. As if it isn't bad enough that we have to deal with the media and other fans clamoring for our players, why would you even read into that article and think that he wants out? You read one line and come to a conclusion like that? That's almost as bad as Eklund and his rumors. Did you even come to think the reason he's not wanting to discuss the contract is because he has one focus right now and that's winning games and being the captain of the team? If he negotiates a contract in the middle of the playoff hunt, don't you think that would be a distraction for him and the rest of the team? Don't you think it would send a bad message to the team that he is only concerned about what his next contract is going to bring him? Why did anything have to be read into the article other than what was presented?

On a different note, two things have been stated publicly that lead me to believe that he's not going anywhere. One, the ownership group during the skate of the union addressed his contract and Suter's contract and said they will be signed and they were prepared to do what they needed to do to keep both of them Preds for a long time. Two, I have a friend who talked to Weber about staying in Nashville. Lots of rumors were floating around at the time if he wanted to stay or not and there were sites that were saying he's heading to Canada when his contract was up. He stated to my friend that if he wanted to leave Nashville, he would've signed a contract that left him an unrestricted free agent at the end of his deal. Being that he's restricted and the comments he made, I highly doubt he's going anywhere. He's a model citizen and model captain for our team. He'll get compensated for his talents on the ice and in the locker room.

I just wish people would actually stick to facts as opposed to this and that and things that may happen or could happen or that could be read into. I could read into that article and take it a million ways if I had the time to dissect every little piece. The only thing that article said to me is Trotz wants Weber back, Weber is focused on winning this season and everything else will be worked out when the season is over. Pretty simple stuff.

And as far as other teams offering up a big contract to Weber, two things to remember, Nashville has the option to keep him and teams have to have the picks and salary cap space to sign him to do such a deal. I don't know too many teams that have both those possibilities.
Ottawa does and a billionaire owner! mwahahahahahahahhaha!

Wondercarrot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2011, 09:37 PM
glenngineer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wondercarrot View Post
Why would Weber want to go to a team that's rebuilding?

glenngineer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2011, 09:42 PM
93gilmour93

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wondercarrot View Post
and a retarded G.M. mwahahahahahahaha

93gilmour93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2011, 09:46 PM
topshelf15

Quote:
Originally Posted by 93gilmour93 View Post
and a retarded G.M. mwahahahahahahaha
I thought burke was the gm in toronto

topshelf15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old