HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Vancouver - St.Louis

Old
02-16-2011, 05:46 PM
ManoWarrior

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meatwagon View Post
I don't really know a whole lot about Shirokov, can someone shed a little light on the subject. Looked up his stats, they are decent, not overwhelming. Seems to be small, does his game translate to NHL level?

Winchester would be a great addition to your team. Big body willing to bang and is learning how to use his size in front of the net(thanks Scott Melanby). IMO on the Nucks Winny scores 15 easily and could really round out your roster during your impending Stanley Cup run. Your team is legit this year and hope you do well, just dont let Detroit win, i'm tired of them. P.S. what would it take for you to move Mason Raymond AFTER the season?
Brad Boyes + Ian Cole

for

Mason Raymond + Jordan Schroeder

Raymond has slightly more value than Boyes (he has earned a bit of a floater rep), Cole has slightly more value than Schroeder (debatable, but that's my opinion).

For St Louis, Raymond is younger, cheaper, faster, harder working and better along the boards than Boyes. More of a St Louis type of player. They substract from an area of strength with Cole (young d-men) to an area of relative weakness in Schroeder (very talented young forwards).

For Vancouver, Boyes is more naturally talented and may excel with a change of scenery + playing with Kesler. There is little roster space for Schroeder in the near future and Cole would probably be the Canucks' best D prospect and Vancouver can always use more defencemen.

Obviously the Canucks would be interested in Backes (exactly the kind of player we need in our top six), but the maximum they could offer is Raymond + Hodgson, which is a lot, but many Blues fans would probably say "Start with Kesler" or something like that.

ManoWarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2011, 06:02 PM
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by ManoWarrior View Post
Brad Boyes + Ian Cole

for

Mason Raymond + Jordan Schroeder

Raymond has slightly more value than Boyes (he has earned a bit of a floater rep), Cole has slightly more value than Schroeder (debatable, but that's my opinion).

For St Louis, Raymond is younger, cheaper, faster, harder working and better along the boards than Boyes. More of a St Louis type of player. They substract from an area of strength with Cole (young d-men) to an area of relative weakness in Schroeder (very talented young forwards).

For Vancouver, Boyes is more naturally talented and may excel with a change of scenery + playing with Kesler. There is little roster space for Schroeder in the near future and Cole would probably be the Canucks' best D prospect and Vancouver can always use more defencemen.

Obviously the Canucks would be interested in Backes (exactly the kind of player we need in our top six), but the maximum they could offer is Raymond + Hodgson, which is a lot, but many Blues fans would probably say "Start with Kesler" or something like that.
No thanks from a Canucks P.O.V, this trade would dash any hope of re-signing both Bieksa and Ehrhoff.

33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2011, 06:06 PM
ManoWarrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruno Mars View Post
No thanks from a Canucks P.O.V, this trade would dash any hope of re-signing both Bieksa and Ehrhoff.
Ya I'm not positive that either side would do this, but I tried to make a reasonable proposal where both teams would have to stop and think about it.

ManoWarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2011, 06:16 PM
Mizral

Quote:
Originally Posted by ManoWarrior View Post
Ya I'm not positive that either side would do this, but I tried to make a reasonable proposal where both teams would have to stop and think about it.
Not a bad trade in terms of player value but Boyes' contract makes him hard to stomache.

I'll chime in and agree with the OP that Winchester would fill a need here and I think would allow us to send Tambellini back down for the rest of the AHL season. IMO him and Hodgson would light it up down there and we need more sandpaper in the playoffs.

Mizral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2011, 06:25 PM
Celtic Note
Chi Town Bound

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruno Mars View Post
The Blues would likely not move Cole in a trade like the one proposed.

Boyes and Raymond could be a good starting point for discussion though...but does that work from a cap perspective?

How about...

Raymond and Hodgson

for

Boyes and 1st 2011 (probably between 6-10)

Last edited by Celtic Note: 02-16-2011 at 06:33 PM.
Celtic Note is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2011, 09:59 PM
Celtic Note
Chi Town Bound

I guess that VAN fans are not partial to this idea. ^

Celtic Note is offline   Reply With Quote