HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > National Hockey League Talk > Polls - (hockey-related only)
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2

Luke Schenn vs PK Subban

View Poll Results: Which young dman for your team?
Luke Schenn 134 43.93%
PK Subban 136 44.59%
Different players. Equal value. 35 11.48%
Voters: 305. You may not vote on this poll

Old
02-16-2011, 11:28 PM
JustAHabFan

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by glucker View Post
Schenn blows Subban out of the water based on his defensive play, his physical play, and his leadership qualities. With Subban's attitude, he's far more likely to become a distraction and a detriment to his team than a leader. I like both players, but Subban's gonna find himself getting hated by a lot of players in this league, and on his own team
Remember similar statements from Leafs' fans when Pogge/Rask were playing for the Leafs. Then it's Monster turn. Now, that task will fall into Reimer's shoulder. Anyone playing for the Leafs must be the best in the league.

JustAHabFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2011, 11:31 PM
mikeo1

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustAHabFan View Post
Remember similar statements from Leafs' fans when Pogge/Rask were playing for the Leafs. Then it's Monster turn. Now, that task will fall into Reimer's shoulder. Anyone playing for the Leafs must be the best in the league.
How are the Kostitsyn brothers, D'agostini, and Lars Eller doing? I bet the insurance on all those first-team all star trophies is a ***** to pay.

mikeo1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2011, 11:32 PM
Shinsuke Nakamura
King of Strong Style

Quote:
Originally Posted by KristoLeblanc View Post
Thats where you are wrong buddy.

Subban isn't an offensive defensemen. He is a 2-way dman, thats what Habs fan are saying over and over and anyone watching every game of the season will tell you that.

If he plays first ES minutes and first PK minutes and doing a good job at shutdown other team top forward, he can't be labelled as a offensive defensemen.

Ya heard?
No, he's an offensive defenseman, that is constantly improving his 2-way game, but he's nowhere near as sound defensively as he is offensively yet, and I have watched every game this season, given that I'm a Habs fan. It's not a knock on Subban, but he's not a real two-way defenseman yet.

Shinsuke Nakamura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2011, 11:33 PM
Zeroknowledge*

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeo1 View Post
How are the Kostitsyn brothers, D'agostini, and Lars Eller doing?
Eller needs seasoning in the AHL but he'ss be fine, he's shown talent that very few players possess on the team, but thanks for asking about Pacioretty, Desharnais and Weber.

Zeroknowledge* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2011, 11:34 PM
coolasprICE

In 3 years, we are going to bump this thread and Leaf fans will once again be putting bags over their head.

It's a very simple formula:

Offensive skill + Defensive skill + Work ethic + heart + health = Quality of a player

Offensively = Subban hands down.

Defensively = Schenn... But FAR from hands down. PK is still VERY good defensively.

Work ethic = BOTH are excellent.

Heart = BOTH equal.

Health = BOTH equal.

Conclusion: PK Subban is the best all around player of the two. He is closer to the ideal Defenseman. Schenn is the ideal shutdown guy, not ideal overall defenseman.

/ THREAD

coolasprICE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2011, 11:36 PM
mikeo1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeroknowledge View Post
but thanks for asking about Pacioretty, Desharnais and Weber.
Ah, the next generation of highly-touted Habs prospects that will amount to nothing.

Its pretty hilarious reading some of the expectations Habs fans have put on Subban. They expect him to win a Norris. They don't just think its a possibility, they actually expect a small, one-dimensional forward to win the Norris.

Old
02-16-2011, 11:37 PM
Blame Subban
Galchenyuk

Quote:
How are the Kostitsyn brothers, D'agostini, and Lars Eller doing? I bet the insurance on all those first-team all star trophies is a ***** to pay.
How is going the push for 9th place? ... for the what, 6th time since the lock-out? Hah.

See, I can tell you completely irrelevent things too.

Blame Subban is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2011, 11:37 PM
coolasprICE

Quote:
Ah, the next generation of highly-touted Habs prospects that will amount to nothing.
you realize that your bias and jealousy can not be any more transparent?

Old
02-16-2011, 11:40 PM
Zeroknowledge*

Quote:

Its pretty hilarious reading some of the expectations Habs fans have put on Subban. They expect him to win a Norris. They don't just think its a possibility, they actually expect a small, one-dimensional forward to win the Norris.
Well it's still much better than hmmmmmmmm, Kadri? Matter fact I'd be curious would you trade Kadri for Maxpac one on one?

Old
02-16-2011, 11:42 PM
mikeo1

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolasprICE View Post
you realize that your bias and jealousy can not be any more transparent?
All I see is a series of angry Habs fans marching in here upset that not everyone has fallen in love with their current flavour of the week. It doesn't matter how many times you guys put it in capital letters or claim that its all due to jealousy and that there "is no debate", the fact is not everyone sees your boy as the next-coming of Bobby Orr.

Old
02-16-2011, 11:43 PM
JustAHabFan

Quote:
Thanks for asking. Success or failure, we try to draft and develop our players. There is failure but there is also a lot of success. Just look at Price, Subban, Pacioretty, Weber, etc. Lars Eller will be a good player in a year or two. By the way, how was Kessel doing? Where are all your draft picks? I heard that you guys want to give Kaberle to the Bruins to get back your 1st round pick back?

Old
02-16-2011, 11:47 PM
coolasprICE

Quote:
All I see is a series of angry Habs fans marching in here upset that not everyone has fallen in love with their current flavour of the week. It doesn't matter how many times you guys put it in capital letters or claim that its all due to jealousy and that there "is no debate", the fact is not everyone sees your boy as the next-coming of Bobby Orr.
why don't you forget about what the others are saying, and just reply back to my evaluation above.

Do you disagree with how I evaluated the players?

If so, explain...

Old
02-16-2011, 11:48 PM
mikeo1

Quote:
Thanks for asking. Success or failure, we try to draft and develop our players. There is failure but there is also a lot of success. Just look at Price, Subban, Pacioretty, Weber, etc. Lars Eller will be a good player in a year or two. By the way, how was Kessel doing? Where are all your draft picks? I heard that you guys want to give Kaberle to the Bruins to get back your 1st round pick back?
What do Kessel and Kaberle have to do with anything? You're the one who brought up past prospects as if they somehow have a bearing on how good Schenn is. My post was simply meant to demonstrate that the Habs have never had a highly touted prospect that ended up flopping. Not one, ever.

Old
02-16-2011, 11:49 PM
seanlinden

Quote:
Do you realize how sad you look when saying that?

Only delusional Leafs fans will take Schenn are saying that he is better than Subban.

Subban is a #1 dman on a 5th seed, playing a good 2-way game, first ES minutes and first PK minutes and first PP minutes. You can't have more complete than that. He is good offensively and defensively.

Schenn isn't even the number one dman on a terrible team.

God you guys are acting like fool.
Actually.... the only people voting for Subban are the delusional habs who think he's the 2nd coming of Bobby Orr, and the Leafs-haters that would pick AHL talent over every single player in a Leaf uniform.

Think of it this way... #1 defencemen don't see the pressbox when they're perfectly healthy. I'm also unsure of where you're getting the information about Subban being #1 in ice time.

seanlinden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2011, 11:49 PM
coolasprICE

Quote:
What do Kessel and Kaberle have to do with anything? You're the one who brought up past prospects as if they somehow have a bearing on how good Schenn is. My post was simply meant to demonstrate that the Habs have never had a highly touted prospect that ended up flopping. Not one, ever.
do you realize that the last prospect to get anywhere close to the same hype as PK Subban is actually Carey Price?

How's Price doing ?

Old
02-16-2011, 11:51 PM
mikeo1

Quote:
why don't you forget about what the others are saying, and just reply back to my evaluation above.

Do you disagree with how I evaluated the players?

If so, explain...
Yes. Luke Schenn is superior in his own end, and it is "hands down". He is more disciplined, he is more physical, he is more willing to put his body on the line, and he is just a smarter player in his own end.

PK Subban is anything but disciplined. He isn't smart in his own end. He may make hits, but he doesn't do it nearly as often as Schenn and he often goes for the big highlight reel hit instead of the smart play. He takes bad penalties. He rarely fights, so the majority of his PIM result in him putting his team down a man.

If PK Subban is "hands down" better offensively, Luke Schenn is "hands down" better defensively.

Old
02-16-2011, 11:52 PM
JustAHabFan

Quote:
My point is you guys way overvalue your own players. Every fanbase do the same thing. It's just that you guys are really at the extreme to a point of becoming delusional.

Old
02-16-2011, 11:53 PM
coolasprICE

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfried View Post
Actually.... the only people voting for Subban are the delusional habs who think he's the 2nd coming of Bobby Orr, and the Leafs-haters that would pick AHL talent over every single player in a Leaf uniform.

Think of it this way... #1 defencemen don't see the pressbox when they're perfectly healthy.
Did any fans say Bobby Orr, are you just trying to make Hab fans look bad?

Find me a quote where a Hab fan says he's Bobby Orr and we can all share a laugh.

Bobby Orr is considered by many the best player ever.

Thinking that PK Subban can be the next great Top pairing / d-man you build a franchise around is a lot different than thinking he's the next Bobby Orr.

Just another bitter Leaf fan trying to paint a bitter picture, are we?

Old
02-16-2011, 11:53 PM
mikeo1

Quote:
My point is you guys way overvalue your own players. Every fanbase do the same thing. It's just that you guys are really at the extreme to a point of becoming delusional.
And my point was that you're wrong. Comprende?

Old
02-16-2011, 11:56 PM
JustAHabFan

Quote:
And my point was that you're wrong. Comprende?
Right or wrong, we will see in a couple of years.

Old
02-16-2011, 11:56 PM
mikeo1

Quote:
Did any fans say Bobby Orr, are you just trying to make Hab fans look bad?

Find me a quote where a Hab fan says he's Bobby Orr and we can all share a laugh.

Bobby Orr is considered by many the best player ever.

Thinking that PK Subban can be the next great Top pairing / d-man you build a franchise around is a lot different than thinking he's the next Bobby Orr.

Just another bitter Leaf fan trying to paint a bitter picture, are we?
No, they didn't directly compare him to Bobby Orr. But they expect this guy to be a shoe-in for the Norris. You think so highly of him that you've gone mad at the mere suggestion that Schenn might be comparable to the great PK Subban. Heck, look at some of the language used to describe Subban:
Quote:
It's not even debatable. It's close to being. But it's not. How can they admit that the one good player (future) they have is vastly inferior to the young, bright face of our franchise? Even a rational Leafs fan will find a way to be irrational in this case because they know it to be true...and it hurts.
Forget Bobby Orr, he's your ****ing messiah. I can find North Koreans who are less in love with Kim Jong Il than Habs fans are with PK Subban.

Old
02-16-2011, 11:59 PM
Zeroknowledge*

Quote:
No, they didn't directly compare him to Bobby Orr. But they expect this guy to be a shoe-in for the Norris. You think so highly of him that you've gone mad at the mere suggestion that Schenn might be comparable to the great PK Subban. Heck, look at some of the language used to describe Subban:

Forget Bobby Orr, he's your ****ing messiah. I can find North Koreans who are less in love with Kim Jong Il than Habs fans are with PK Subban.
Well at least we've been to the promised land many times, on the other hand you've been waiting for you messiah since 1967, it's time to convert, you've been wasting time.

Old
02-16-2011, 11:59 PM
mikeo1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeroknowledge View Post
Well at least we've been to the promised land many times, on the other hand you've been waiting for you messiah since 1967, it's time to convert, you've been wasting time.
No thanks, I prefer to live my life as a rational person.

Old
02-17-2011, 12:01 AM
Nizdizzle
Salary cap? Huh?

Quote:
Because the argument of +/- has been exposed.

Spacek is leading the dman on our team with +8 while Gorges is -3. See how useless that stats is ?

Defensive plays is all about blocking shots and hitting ? I guess Komisarek was better defensively than Markov when they both played in MTL? One was leading both category and the other one had not a lot of these two. I guess Komisarek was carrying Markov defensively?

Yeah, thats what I thought.
Your entire argument goes like this:

"This is what Subban is:[list subban's positives]

Schenn is ok, but not great

Therefore Subban is obviously better, you're all homers if you disagree"

I mean seriously, I doubt you even watch non-MTL hockey, because you don't have a shred of perspective.

Nizdizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2011, 12:05 AM
Captain Smurf
Naively Optimistic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathan311 View Post
Your entire argument goes like this:

"This is what Subban is:[list subban's positives]

Schenn is ok, but not great

Therefore Subban is obviously better, you're all homers if you disagree"

I mean seriously, I doubt you even watch non-MTL hockey, because you don't have a shred of perspective.
Sub Schenn's name for Subban's and you have your argument too. Homers are Homers and neither will convince anyone by being so.

Captain Smurf is offline   Reply With Quote