HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Islanders
Notices

Glen Healy ranting......

Old
02-16-2011, 05:43 PM
BOSSY1126

vCash: 500
Glen Healy ranting......

I was just listening to GLEN HEALY rant here in Canada on Toronto's FAN 590 , making jokes about how this franchise is a joke, guy's like GILLES and MARTIN should just go away for the two minites a night they play, bashing WANG ( which doesn't bother me )

how does a goalie who had one good playoff in his career(93) get a job with the NHLPA and hockey night and CANADA?

he's never said anything good about our franchise since we let him sign on with the RAGS in 94 as a backup haha

just wondering your guys thoughts
i enjoyed our 93 run but seems like he has some annamosity towards us since his playing days

BOSSY1126 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2011, 06:09 PM
1 Timer

he wanted big $$$$ for his 93' run and no team would pay a guy for a good few weeks.

1 Timer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2011, 06:32 PM
Mustang2750

Unfortunately for him nobody gives a **** what Glen Healy thinks.

Mustang2750 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2011, 06:33 PM
kk
diehard NYI/WPG fan

Healy is a total crank and a lame hack. I'll never think about him the same after his shameless supporting of the NHL players over the strike and lost season.

kk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2011, 06:34 PM
BOSSY1126

haha i'm with yu guys i hate healy but he pissed me off guess he got to me FINALLY.......

Old
02-16-2011, 06:54 PM
redbull
Expect more

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOSSY1126 View Post
I was just listening to GLEN HEALY rant here in Canada on Toronto's FAN 590 , making jokes about how this franchise is a joke, guy's like GILLES and MARTIN should just go away for the two minites a night they play, bashing WANG ( which doesn't bother me )

how does a goalie who had one good playoff in his career(93) get a job with the NHLPA and hockey night and CANADA?

he's never said anything good about our franchise since we let him sign on with the RAGS in 94 as a backup haha

just wondering your guys thoughts
i enjoyed our 93 run but seems like he has some annamosity towards us since his playing days
i heard the rant - pissed me off. what a jerk, can't stand healy. two faced.

first, he's a hypocrite on so many levels. when he's on the player's association he's one way, then does an about face saying the players (gillies and martin) don't belong in the league for their actions? the hosts kinda called him on that and healy pulled a talbot and turtled.

they really ripped the isles, some of it was fair, but most was offside and i expect more from healy, as an explayer.

another part that bothered me was how healy said that a torrey-arbour team has never and would never 'act that way' - as though vukota/baumgartner on the NYR after the lafontaine hit never happened.

what a complete joke.

call the isles a joke for the right reasons, and there are many, but don't lose your own credibility (whatever's left of it) to pile on a franchise for doing nothing except standing up for itself - not when other franchises do it all the time.

i'm not defending the actions of the two suspended players (although Martin's wasn't really fair since he completely let-up on the punch, as the video shows) but to use this unfortunate incident to dump on your team, your players as a PA exec and a guy who should know better - classless and shameful.

here's the audio: http://www.fan590.com/media/media.js...6_172050_16328

redbull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2011, 06:59 PM
BOSSY1126

Quote:
Originally Posted by redbull View Post
i heard the rant - pissed me off. what a jerk, can't stand healy. two faced.

first, he's a hypocrite on so many levels. when he's on the player's association he's one way, then does an about face saying the players (gillies and martin) don't belong in the league for their actions? the hosts kinda called him on that and healy pulled a talbot and turtled.

they really ripped the isles, some of it was fair, but most was offside and i expect more from healy, as an explayer.

another part that bothered me was how healy said that a torrey-arbour team has never and would never 'act that way' - as though vukota/baumgartner on the NYR after the lafontaine hit never happened.

what a complete joke.

call the isles a joke for the right reasons, and there are many, but don't lose your own credibility (whatever's left of it) to pile on a franchise for doing nothing except standing up for itself - not when other franchises do it all the time.

i'm not defending the actions of the two suspended players (although Martin's wasn't really fair since he completely let-up on the punch, as the video shows) but to use this unfortunate incident to dump on your team, your players as a PA exec and a guy who should know better - classless and shameful.

here's the audio: http://www.fan590.com/media/media.js...6_172050_16328
thank you!

Old
02-16-2011, 07:06 PM
islandersfan1677

Someone should make him turtle

Whata ******* if I've ever seen one

islandersfan1677 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2011, 07:20 PM
Isles Junkie

According to the rest of the league, we don't deserve a franchise. Good **** em. It'll just be all the sweeter when this team finally does get good.

Isles Junkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2011, 09:08 PM
BelovedIsles

Send a message via AIM to BelovedIsles
He may want to re-think if he should still be involved in the NHL.

BelovedIsles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2011, 09:23 PM
Macch

Glen who? *YAWN*

Macch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2011, 09:43 PM
PROMputt
God,Family,Islanders

vCash: 450
The only joke is Healy. He talks about the Islanders stinking and being a joke and then says the way you do it is like Pittsbugh when you draft Fleurry, Crosby and Malkin. HEllO!! What a freaking moron. Pitt was losing and bankrupt and stunk so they could draft them. HMMMM makes you think doesn't it. And this guy is supposed to be a hockey expert? Please, go away.

PROMputt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2011, 10:13 PM
Macch

Quote:
Originally Posted by promputt View Post
The only joke is Healy. He talks about the Islanders stinking and being a joke and then says the way you do it is like Pittsbugh when you draft Fleurry, Crosby and Malkin. HEllO!! What a freaking moron. Pitt was losing and bankrupt and stunk so they could draft them. HMMMM makes you think doesn't it. And this guy is supposed to be a hockey expert? Please, go away.

Ryan Whitney, Jordan Staal

Macch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2011, 10:18 PM
CalgaryIslesFan

I listened to the clown for about 30 seconds and turned it off. That just pissed me right the hell off. **** that guy. I hope he gets fired from CBC for that ****!!!!

CalgaryIslesFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2011, 06:04 AM
BillD

Glen Healy is the Keith Olbermann of hockey analysts.
His hatred for the Islanders is equivalent to Olbermann's hatred for Sarah Palin and borders on the psychotic.

BillD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2011, 07:15 AM
lazycop
F Theo Fleury

***deleted***

Why can't we delete posts anymore?

lazycop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2011, 08:37 AM
IceAce
HEY BUD, LETS PARTY!

vCash: 300
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOSSY1126 View Post

We didn't let him sign with the Rag$, We didn't protect him in the 1993 expansion draft, and Anaheim selected him. They then lost him to Tampa in the second phase of the expansion draft (the 1992 expansion teams were able to pick players off the 1993 expansion teams b/c of a rule change b/t the years)/ Tampa then traded him to the Rag$.

Healy felt slighted by this since the team had just had a great run to the Wales Conference Finals a few weeks earlier, and has had an issue with the Isles ever since.

Last edited by IceAce: 02-17-2011 at 11:18 AM.
IceAce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2011, 08:47 AM
Chapin Landvogt
Hockey's Future Staff

Wow!!!

I see that as pretty unprofessional. Just lost LOTS of respect for a guy who was on my fences anyways.

Then again, I felt something like Ference talking out against Paille's hit - no matter what he thinks and how right he might be - was thoroughly unprofessional. You share that opinion with Paille personally and in the locker room - where it stays. That doesn't get expressed to the press.

Some guys just dunno where to draw the line...

Last edited by Chapin Landvogt: 02-17-2011 at 08:53 AM.
Chapin Landvogt is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2011, 09:31 AM
BillD

Healy is ass.

All other former Islanders who were *reported* to have said some negative things about the team have straightened it out like Ferraro.
Some poster called him a crank and that fits if you are keeping it civil.
I remember the time Healy was asked someting about the Isles power play slump around 2006 and his response was a completely out of context low shot about the age of Yashin's girlfriend Carol Alt. Totally uncalled for and out of line.
Healy is just a dick.

BillD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2011, 09:42 AM
hockeygoon15

He used to live across the street from my grandmother in Northport. I remember going over there for an autograph when I was young and his wife answered the door. I may have only been 9 at the time, but I knew a smokin hot chick when I saw one.

hockeygoon15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2011, 10:17 AM
Homeland Security
Mod Supervisor
#beLIeve

Quote:
Originally Posted by lazycop View Post
***deleted***

Why can't we delete posts anymore?
It has to do with servers and database. Just do what you did.

02-17-2011, 01:05 PM
TheBoss22

First off I'd like to preface by saying I'm obviously a huge Islander fan for life. And I'm also a fan of Healy's interviews as he has the gift for gab, and tells great behind the scene stories.

Before listening to the interview, I first read everyone's posts and I was fully expecting to put Healy on my sh*tlist.

Now after listening to it, it's really no big deal and is consistent with what Heals has been saying for the past couple of years with regards to the Isles.

I think his biggest problem is having Gillies blind side a player to the head, hit him while he's down, and egg him to come get more of a beating.

Where Heals is coming from is having pride for the Isles Jersey. And when you do the stuff that Gillies did you are only tarnishing it.

Heals has said previously:
He loved playing on LI
Arbour was his favorite coach
Billy Smith played a big role in his development

Heals is not an Isles hater. He just wants the Isles to get back the respect they once had with Arbor/Torrey at the helm. Yes, it's big shoes to fill but hopefully we'll get there in the near future.

And honestly, I have heard far far worse from posters on this message board. What Healy said during this interview is a fart in the wind.

TheBoss22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2011, 03:16 AM
lost35*

how can anyone hate Healy, were you around for 93

lost35* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2011, 05:48 AM
Potvins Cups

Healy is a tool. End of story.

Potvins Cups is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2011, 01:45 PM
Steve55

Healy should have mentioned about Talbot going after cooke that precipitated Martin going after him. Wang can move the team as well. Healy should realize that Wang has been discussing relocation possibilities.

Steve55 is offline   Reply With Quote