HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must use the RUMOR prefix in thread title. Proposals must contain the PROPOSAL prefix in the thread title.

Hemsky to Atlanta?

Old
02-17-2011, 09:35 AM
thomas magnum

vCash: 500
What it seems like the Oilers fans don't understand is how valuable a player who will be on this team for the next few year is to the Thrashers. If Hemsky was signed until even the 12-13 season he would be worth MUCH MUCH more to Atlanta than the fact that he is only signed until 11-12 season. That is exactly why Atlanta fans are doing back flips over the re-signing of Buff. It's because we have a history of top flight talent leaving the team when it comes time to sign that big deal for what is perceived as greener pastures.

Bogo is still an RFA for a few more years and has HUGE upside. That's why Atlanta fans are not bending over backwards for a trade with Hemsky. That and because he has a significant injury every single year. I'm not denying his talent. He would be our most talented winger but we need bodies that are signed long term because what this team needs just as much as anything right now is stability.

thomas magnum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2011, 09:58 AM
No Good Names Left

Quote:
Originally Posted by John le Perron View Post

Even when we aren't involved, we get blasted. By the way, Hemsky would be BY FAR the best forward on ATL were he traded. He is very good and a 1st line winger. You don't get that for scraps.

Also lol at ''2 year rental''.
Finally, someone talking sense...

No Good Names Left is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2011, 10:00 AM
McTowMater14

Quote:
Originally Posted by thomas magnum View Post
What it seems like the Oilers fans don't understand is how valuable a player who will be on this team for the next few year is to the Thrashers. If Hemsky was signed until even the 12-13 season he would be worth MUCH MUCH more to Atlanta than the fact that he is only signed until 11-12 season. That is exactly why Atlanta fans are doing back flips over the re-signing of Buff. It's because we have a history of top flight talent leaving the team when it comes time to sign that big deal for what is perceived as greener pastures.

Bogo is still an RFA for a few more years and has HUGE upside. That's why Atlanta fans are not bending over backwards for a trade with Hemsky. That and because he has a significant injury every single year. I'm not denying his talent. He would be our most talented winger but we need bodies that are signed long term because what this team needs just as much as anything right now is stability.
Hemsky would be hands down your most talented player period. It looks as if many fans of both teams would just prefer to keep what they have and that is a good thing, but this trade talk is always good to keep things entertaining and interesting.

McTowMater14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2011, 10:02 AM
thomas magnum

Quote:
Originally Posted by TowMater14 View Post
Hemsky would be hands down your most talented player period. It looks as if many fans of both teams would just prefer to keep what they have and that is a good thing, but this trade talk is always good to keep things entertaining and interesting.
No, not really. I just wouldn't want to give up Bogosian for him. I would give the Oilers our 1st pick this year for either Penner or Hemsky plus a little something extra.

Old
02-17-2011, 10:05 AM
oilers1084

Quote:
No, not really. I just wouldn't want to give up Bogosian for him. I would give the Oilers our 1st pick this year for either Penner or Hemsky plus a little something extra.
Sorry, Thrasher fans, I want something more with Bogosian, I don't want tot trade our best player for potential.

oilers1084 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2011, 10:11 AM
No Good Names Left

Quote:
Totally understandable. Its already been said that Hemsky and Penner are not going to be traded unless we get an overpayment. Usually, that is done by a team that is close to thinking they are going to win it all.

No Good Names Left is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2011, 10:12 AM
thomas magnum

Quote:
Originally Posted by oilers1084 View Post
Sorry, Thrasher fans, I want something more with Bogosian, I don't want tot trade our best player for potential.
annnnnd like I said in my post above. It's important to understand how valuable a player who will be with the team for a greater number of years is worth to the Thrashers and why they probably won't trade Bogosian for any player that will be gone at the end of next season.

Old
02-17-2011, 10:13 AM
thomas magnum

Quote:
Originally Posted by No Good Names Left View Post
Totally understandable. Its already been said that Hemsky and Penner are not going to be traded unless we get an overpayment. Usually, that is done by a team that is close to thinking they are going to win it all.
True dat..

Old
02-17-2011, 10:24 AM
oilers1084

Quote:
annnnnd like I said in my post above. It's important to understand how valuable a player who will be with the team for a greater number of years is worth to the Thrashers and why they probably won't trade Bogosian for any player that will be gone at the end of next season.
Do you have a link that says, if Hemsky is traded to Atlanta, he won't re-sign with them?

Old
02-17-2011, 10:32 AM
thomas magnum

Quote:
Originally Posted by oilers1084 View Post
Do you have a link that says, if Hemsky is traded to Atlanta, he won't re-sign with them?
I'm not even going to argue this...everyone knows Atlanta's history with keeping UFA's aside from Buff (who was an RFA but signed into his UFA years) signing recently. Teams like Atlanta don't take chances like that if they are smart.

Old
02-17-2011, 10:45 AM
oilers1084

Quote:
I'm not even going to argue this...everyone knows Atlanta's history with keeping UFA's aside from Buff (who was an RFA but signed into his UFA years) signing recently. Teams like Atlanta don't take chances like that if they are smart.
Again pure speculation.