HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Official Rumor Thread--Kings Rumor Mill XI

Closed Thread

Old
02-17-2011, 11:28 AM
Vic Vinegar

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by AKAY47 View Post
If Hemsky is coming, Simmonds has to go.. Hemsky is a RW, we have too many, someone has to go lol, Dustin Brown can play on the third line for all I care
Maybe 1st line LW? I think Zus would be out of place on that line with a player like Hemsky. It could work but he could also be absolutely lost. Didn't Brown have good chemistry with Stoll last year? Maybe move Smyth up to 1st line LW and put Brown in his place? The second line takes a hit for sure but the improvement to the 1st line could be worth it.

Old
JBernierFan
Drink up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeadInjury View Post
I'm not shocked that you don't have the links handy. Those rumors started with Eklund, Barry and the Fourth Period, all useless sources when it comes to trade rumors.
You don't need to get snippy. Sorry I don't favorite or bookmark every Kings trade rumor on the net or twitter. I'm just saying, I don't remember exactly who reported it but I've seen it a few places.

So you wouldn't do Simmonds + Teubert for Hemsky?

Old
JDM
HFB Partner

Quote:
How can you claim to know what has already been offered? Because Eklund said so?
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBernierFan View Post
Actually, I've seen it mentioned about 3-4 times by different people (and no I don't have the links right now).
The Simmonds rumor comes from several legit sources (or atleast more legit than Eklund).

I've heard other packages that were offered to the Kings for Hemsky as well that didn't involve Simmonds.

Schenn is not a part of this discussion.

Old
02-17-2011, 11:30 AM
JBernierFan
Drink up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDM View Post
The Simmonds rumor comes from several legit sources (or atleast more legit than Eklund).

I've heard other packages that were offered to the Kings for Hemsky as well that didn't involve Simmonds.

Schenn is not a part of this discussion.
Thanks JDM

Old
02-17-2011, 11:31 AM
Vic Vinegar

If Simmonds is the major piece in a deal that gets us Hemsky, the Kings should go for it. We immediately become softer but we also stop being offensively ********.

Old
02-17-2011, 11:33 AM
Capn Brown

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKAY47 View Post
Lmao give Edmonton crap for one of their best players? Richardson and Parse? Come on man, Simmonds looks good with Kopitar but Hemsky would look amazing, if he can stay healthy.

Handzus-Kopitar-Hemsky
Smyth-Stoll-Williams
Clifford-Loktionov-Brown
Poni/Sturm-Lewis-Richardson/Westgarth

How about a 1st round pick, Teubert, Vey (currently leads the WHL in scoring), and Parse? Simmonds is mostly healthy. Hemsky is mostly not.

Old
swany

Quote:
I'm not shocked that you don't have the links handy. Those rumors started with Eklund, Barry and the Fourth Period, all useless sources when it comes to trade rumors.
TFP, Dallas Dave Dreger have all said that has been offered, EK picked it up after the fact. TFP is NOT a hack they have some good sources. Look at what has been traded already Versteeg for a 1st and a 3rd and he can't carry Hemmer's jock. Versteeg has only broke 50 points once Hemmer has broke 70 3 times has scored 35 in 40 games this year and last year was 22 for 22 before his shoulder gave out. Can you sit there and say Kopitar is better with Simmonds or Williams than he would be with Hemsky? Like I said above Smyth Kopitar Hemsky could be one of the best 1st lines in the NHL

Old
JDM
HFB Partner

I think its unfair to categorize TFP with Eklund. Even Matt Barry. Though Matt may be annoying in his style, the guy is connected to the team. You simply can't question that. Being connected to the team does not mean all the info you get pans out.

I independently hear many of the same things Barry reports. The difference is I hear them, know they are not 100% truths, and keep them to myself, whereas Barry posts almost every bit of info he gets.

Eklund makes **** up. Barry does not.

And TFP is a good site. I like them. Dennis Bernstein is hooked up with the team and doesn't throw **** at walls for fun.

Old
02-17-2011, 11:34 AM
HeadInjury

Quote:
You don't need to get snippy. Sorry I don't favorite or bookmark every Kings trade rumor on the net or twitter. I'm just saying, I don't remember exactly who reported it but I've seen it a few places.

So you wouldn't do Simmonds + Teubert for Hemsky?
No. Why are the Edmonton fans so high on trading him if he's worth that much? Maybe it has something to do with the fact that he's never scored more than 23 goals in his career and is injury prone.

Old
02-17-2011, 11:35 AM
Capn Brown

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDankness View Post
If Simmonds is the major piece in a deal that gets us Hemsky, the Kings should go for it. We immediately become softer but we also stop being offensively ********.

That's the problem. Soft doesn't win in the playoffs.

Old
02-17-2011, 11:41 AM
HeadInjury

Quote:
I think its unfair to categorize TFP with Eklund. Even Matt Barry. Though Matt may be annoying in his style, the guy is connected to the team. You simply can't question that. Being connected to the team does not mean all the info you get pans out.

I independently hear many of the same things Barry reports. The difference is I hear them, know they are not 100% truths, and keep them to myself, whereas Barry posts almost every bit of info he gets.

Eklund makes **** up. Barry does not.

And TFP is a good site. I like them. Dennis Bernstein is hooked up with the team and doesn't throw **** at walls for fun.
I have made this challenge before and I'll make it again. Go back as far as you want. Name the last time Matt Barry has broken a trade rumor and it turned out to be true.

I don't dispute that he has info on re-signings or injuries, but that's a different animal altogether.

Old
02-17-2011, 11:41 AM
swany

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capn Brown View Post
You guys kill me soft as butter, Hemsky might not run guys over or hit like Brown but he goes where he needs to. Ask any one about how he plays he is feerless. Goes into the corners he does everything it takes to win, and we don't want to trade him unless the deal is to good to pass up, that's why the deal with Simmonds didn't go through Tambi is trying for the homerun, It's not going to happen but it's worth a try. And if you remember Edmonton went to game 7 of the final with hemsky as the 1st line RW with 17 points in 22 games not bad

Old
02-17-2011, 11:42 AM
Duc620

Quote:
....Eklund makes **** up. Barry does not.

Interesting... we've come to the same conclusions about these sites and sources.

Old
02-17-2011, 11:43 AM
HeadInjury

Quote:
Right. People also act as if the sky would fall if we acquired another right wing and Simmonds had to be put on the 4th line for the playoffs. To me, it would be awesome if we were that deep.

Old
02-17-2011, 11:44 AM
Vic Vinegar

Quote:
Yeah, but at the same time, not being able to score doesn't win in the playoffs either. If I have to choose one, I go with scoring. It's much easier to address a need for toughness through trade/free agency than it is for scoring.

Weren't the cup winning Red Wings pretty soft? Maybe I'm remembering wrong.

Old
02-17-2011, 11:51 AM
swany

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDankness View Post
Yeah, but at the same time, not being able to score doesn't win in the playoffs either. If I have to choose one, I go with scoring. It's much easier to address a need for toughness through trade/free agency than it is for scoring.

Weren't the cup winning Red Wings pretty soft? Maybe I'm remembering wrong.
Good point there is toughness in run guys over ala Brown or there is toughness I will take a hit and keep going to make a play ala Hemsky

Old
02-17-2011, 11:54 AM
JBernierFan
Drink up!

Quote:
No. Why are the Edmonton fans so high on trading him if he's worth that much? Maybe it has something to do with the fact that he's never scored more than 23 goals in his career and is injury prone.
Actually, most Edmonton fans aren't so high on trading him, they just see the writing on the wall. Most want Hemsky to retire an Oiler. Yes, he's never scored more than 23 goals in his career, but he's still close to a PPG player every year, even on the worst of Oilers teams.

2010-2011 GP 40 PTS 35 (and believe it or not is a +1 on that team)
2009-2010 GP 22 PTS 22
2008-2009 GP 72 PTS 66
2007-2008 GP 74 PTS 71
2006-2007 GP 64 PTS 53
2005-2006 GP 81 PTS 77

Yes, he has been injured (especially the past few years) but playing 72-81 games isn't too shabby. Justin Williams has a FAR worse injury history and look how great he's doing this year (knock on wood). The point is, regardless of how many games he plays, he will always put up more points than Simmonds. It's first line numbers compared to 3rd. And before you say that Simmonds brings more to the game than points...not this year. He's been a shell of his rookie and sophomore self. It's like now that we have Clifford, he thinks he can play soft. I LOVE Simmonds, I really really do (I almost bought his jersey last year, but went with Doughty instead), but when you can trade a 3rd liner and a d prospect that we have a ton of for a 1st liner, you do it.

Old
Bad Will Hunting
It's my fault

vCash: 69
Quote:
I have made this challenge before and I'll make it again. Go back as far as you want. Name the last time Matt Barry has broken a trade rumor and it turned out to be true.

I don't dispute that he has info on re-signings or injuries, but that's a different animal altogether.
the Ryan Smyth trade

Old
JDM
HFB Partner

Quote:

I didn't say he gets great info. I said he isn't making **** up. He posts every little thing he hears, which is mostly stuff that Dean is kicking tires on, and as we know, 99% of the stuff Dean kicks around doesn't come to fruition. Just because it doesn't happen doesn't mean it wasn't being talked about. Its up to you to parse out the difference.

Old
02-17-2011, 11:55 AM
JBernierFan
Drink up!

Quote:
Either does scoring 1-2 goals a game and 0 PP goals.

Old
02-17-2011, 12:02 PM
swany

Quote:
Actually, most Edmonton fans aren't so high on trading him, they just see the writing on the wall. Most want Hemsky to retire an Oiler. Yes, he's never scored more than 23 goals in his career, but he's still close to a PPG player every year, even on the worst of Oilers teams.

2010-2011 GP 40 PTS 35 (and believe it or not is a +1 on that team)
2009-2010 GP 22 PTS 22
2008-2009 GP 72 PTS 66
2007-2008 GP 74 PTS 71
2006-2007 GP 64 PTS 53
2005-2006 GP 81 PTS 77

Yes, he has been injured (especially the past few years) but playing 72-81 games isn't too shabby. Justin Williams has a FAR worse injury history and look how great he's doing this year (knock on wood). The point is, regardless of how many games he plays, he will always put up more points than Simmonds. It's first line numbers compared to 3rd. And before you say that Simmonds brings more to the game than points...not this year. He's been a shell of his rookie and sophomore self. It's like now that we have Clifford, he thinks he can play soft. I LOVE Simmonds, I really really do (I almost bought his jersey last year, but went with Doughty instead), but when you can trade a 3rd liner and a d prospect that we have a ton of for a 1st liner, you do it.
There inlies the rub Oiler fans and managment want more than a 3rd liner and a D propect they are holding out trying to get Schenn, I know that is next to impossible but Dreger and the guys think Lombardi is under some pressure to get to the next level this year and missing the playoffs could spell his end. Keeping prospects and losing your jpb doesn't give to well so maybe he brakes to keep it going

Old
02-17-2011, 12:04 PM
HeadInjury

Quote:
I didn't say he gets great info. I said he isn't making **** up. He posts every little thing he hears, which is mostly stuff that Dean is kicking tires on, and as we know, 99% of the stuff Dean kicks around doesn't come to fruition. Just because it doesn't happen doesn't mean it wasn't being talked about. Its up to you to parse out the difference.
I guess you won't be taking on my challenge either.

Here's how I parse out Matt. I assume every rumor he makes will never come true. So far, I've been correct 100% of the time.

This is not a personal attack on Matt by the way. It's just reality.

Old
02-17-2011, 12:06 PM
Bad Will Hunting
It's my fault

vCash: 69
Quote:
I guess you won't be taking on my challenge either.

Here's how I parse out Matt. I assume every rumor he makes will never come true. So far, I've been correct 100% of the time.

This is not a personal attack on Matt by the way. It's just reality.
I took your challenge posts ago

http://hfboards.com/showpost.php?p=3...&postcount=743

Old
02-17-2011, 12:11 PM
backhandsauce

Oiler fan here,

If the Kings pick up Hemmer, you have to play him with Smyth. They had unreal Chem as line mates in Edm. Kopitar would be a great Centre between the two. One thing that may frusterate you is Hemmer doesn't shoot nearly enough. Kopitar is shooter (hope I am right) so that is great news. You have a guy that can battle in front and pick up the garbage (Smytty) and a big Centre in Kopi than can bury Hemskys thread the needle type passes. Hemsky will also put your PP over the top with the mobile defense you have (DD, JJ.)

All I ask is if you play the Nucks again, I want a Sedin smashed by Dustin Brown. (i.e Brown on Cooke a few years ago)

Old
02-17-2011, 12:13 PM
AKAY47
In Lombardi we trust

Simmonds is having a pretty ****** year

Closed Thread