HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Colorado and NY Rangers

Old
02-16-2011, 04:33 PM
vipernsx
Flatus Expeller

vCash: 500
Colorado and NY Rangers

With Forsberg retired, Duchene out, and Colorado needing to climb up to get into the playoffs chances are they'll be sellers.

The Avs are a young club going forward, Shattenkirk is a stud and Lilles has been on the block in years past. He's playing much better this year so his value will be up.

Chris Drury is hurt again and the Rangers are likely to buy him out at the end up the year. The last year of his deal only pays him 5 million and the Avs have plenty of cap space. He could be a nice leader for the kids next year, a place where he's played and succeeded before, where the fans know him, somewhere where he might waive his NMC to go to and Colorado has the cap space to fit.

Looking at Colorado's prospect pool it looks like they're really thin with young wingers which makes for an interesting idea. Shattenkirk and a solid defensive prospect pool perhaps makes JML expendable moving forward into next year to fill the gap on wing.

Drury, Grachev, and two #2 picks
for
Hejduk, Liles, and Sami Aittokallio

Rangers POV
Get Hejduk to play with Gabby, he's a rental so they aren't going to pay heavy for him.
Get a PPQB in Liles, they get him for next year too, though he has had his questions in the past which has made his salary questionable, he's a UFA after next season.
Get a goalie prospect in Sami Aittokallio which they really don't have one now. Perhaps they can look to bring him over to the AHL soon.

Colorado POV
Drury fills in at a 3rd line center, PKer, and a veteran on a team with young players.
Grachev has been progressing in the minors, he's a top notch forward prospect and can reunite with Duchene. There's no reason why he shouldn't be able to step in next year or call up now.
Two more #2 picks this draft year one is NYR's and one is Washington's which the Rangers own.

Thoughts?

vipernsx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2011, 04:36 PM
JeffMangum
Registered Ab-user

Awful for Colorado.

Rangers say yes then run away laughing.

How about something simple, like Eminger for a conditional 3rd or 4th.

02-16-2011, 04:41 PM
TrueBlueJoe89

Rangers get charged with robbery...haha

Colorado says No.

TrueBlueJoe89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2011, 04:42 PM
R S
Renegade Stylings

vCash: 0
I doubt Duke moves from an Avs perspective.

How about simplify it and go Liles for Grachev-ish.

R S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2011, 04:42 PM
LotsOfHags
Hag You Much

Send a message via AIM to LotsOfHags Send a message via Yahoo to LotsOfHags
The Rangers do this in a heartbeat. I wish a proposal of that sort went our way...

LotsOfHags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2011, 04:46 PM
Pual Statsny
Overpaid, overrated

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Boyle View Post
Awful for Colorado.

Rangers say yes then run away laughing.

How about something simple, like Eminger for a conditional 3rd or 4th.
What he said. That package isn't worth Liles alone with Drury's salary coming back, not to mention a solid goalie prospect in Aittokallio and a career Av/PPG player in Hejduk, who really is worth quite a bit even as a rental. Think a little less payment than what was given by the Isles for Smyth a couple years back.

We would prefer to keep the pick over Eminger since it seems like Eminger's already peaked and wouldn't fit too well with the youth movement.

You can have Liles for Drury, McIlrath and a 3rd if you really want him.

Pual Statsny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2011, 04:47 PM
Freudian
No Guenin, No cry

There is zero chance Avs take on Drurys contract. The chance of Hejduk waiving his NMC is close to that.

I could see Liles going to Rangers though.

Liles for McDonagh or Liles for V-tank + picks.

Freudian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2011, 04:48 PM
cody275
HFBoards Sponsor

Avs have 0 interest in Drury, O'Reilly is our 3rd line center/PKer. Drury makes to much to have playing 4th line. Maybe inquire about him in free agency if he takes a discount, but he is overpaid quite a bit for a team that doesn't need him.

Avs have no reason to move Aittokallio, with him and Pickard being the main 2 goaltending prospects in the system. They are rebuilding, and would probably rather wait and see how they develop before moving either one of them.

Hejduk is a career Av, with a NTC (or is it NMC), doubtful he gets moved. He is signing one year deals now, similar to the deals Sakic took. He has taken a discount to stay here, and if I'm not mistaken he said earlier in the year that he has no interest leaving the Avalanche.

Grachev and the picks help the rebuild, but aren't enough to get the Avs to ask Hejduk to waive his NTC, especially in the deal.

Liles has played his entire career for the Avs, and with Foote most likely done after this year and the team shipping Hannan out. Liles will be one of the veteran D on the team. He is well liked in the lockerroom, and while it is quite possible he is moved at the deadline if the Avs decide the return they get is enough. They'd also either have to bring back another veteran present on the backend in the off season, or the D will be prone to even more mistakes then they already are due to how much youth would be on the blueline.

cody275 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2011, 04:57 PM
Puckface NYR*
R.I.P. Boogyman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freudian View Post
There is zero chance Avs take on Drurys contract. The chance of Hejduk waiving his NMC is close to that.

McD is not going anywhere. The V-tank situation is a lot more likely although I'd rather do something like

Grachev + Washington's 2nd.

To the OP, as Glen Sather, I would happily accept.

Puckface NYR* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2011, 05:00 PM
ManOnTheMoon
Hejdas Gonna Hejd

Hejduk does not get traded unless he asks management to go. He's earned the right to retire here.

ManOnTheMoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2011, 05:30 PM
vipernsx
Flatus Expeller

Quote:
Originally Posted by ManOnTheMoon View Post
Hejduk does not get traded unless he asks management to go. He's earned the right to retire here.
I can totally respect this.

Quote:

Drury's contract is a non issue and people need to get past it. He's going into the last year of it, he makes 5million in the las year, Colorado has plenty of cap space to fit the 7m hit and Liles coming off the books with a salary of 4.55 million makes it a complete nonfactor. Add to it that Hejduk is a UFA and may retire (who knows some players like to return back to the Czech leaques for their last years, ie. Straka, Rucinsky, etc. ) then that's even more cap space they have.

If Hejduk retires, next season, who's the veteran presence in their locker room? Stastny isn't known to be a big game player, actually he's quite the opposite. Everyone else is very young. UFA's cost big money.

Drury has an ugly cap hit but he's known by the organization, the fans and his salary is much lower than his hit. His leadership is unquestionable and NYR is offering other things you can't get...chemistry that Duchene knows he has with Grachev, which the organization is thin on wingers. Grachev is NHL speed, NHL size and the Rangers have been slowly developing him in the minors.

Thanks for the comments all.

Old
02-16-2011, 05:35 PM
Freudian
No Guenin, No cry

Drurys contract is something Avs would never take on. For a team that can afford to bury Redden in AHL, I'm sure it's not a huge deal.

I don't know why people assume that just because a team has cap space they would have no problem using it idiotically. Five million dollars for a fourth liner is just stupid.

Freudian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2011, 05:36 PM
mrjimmyg89
'13-'14 East Champs

Quote:

No to Mcdonagh, yes to V-Tank + picks (say 2nd and 5th)

Staal-Girardi
Liles-Sauer
Mcdonagh-Gilroy/Eminger/Another trade RHD (yes our 6th dman is a mess)

mrjimmyg89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2011, 05:39 PM
PeterTheGreat

Maybe this is a dumb question, but who the **** is V-tank?

PeterTheGreat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2011, 05:40 PM
mrjimmyg89
'13-'14 East Champs

Quote:
Drurys contract is something Avs would never take on. For a team that can afford to bury Redden in AHL, I'm sure it's not a huge deal.

I don't know why people assume that just because a team has cap space they would have no problem using it idiotically. Five million dollars for a fourth liner is just stupid.
The pros to adding drury on the last year of his contracts are:

- Allows you to play more people on lower contracts
- Allows you to play younger players more minutes
- Provides you more cap space the following season to sign younger players who deserve a raise

He won't get traded cause he has a NMC, is the captain, and the Rangers want that money to come off the books on their team as much as some other teams would want to.

Old
02-16-2011, 05:40 PM
mrjimmyg89
'13-'14 East Champs

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterTheGreat View Post
Maybe this is a dumb question, but who the **** is V-tank?
http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/p....php?pid=93583

http://www.hockeysfuture.com/prospects/pavel_valentenko

Mean, hard hitting dman

Old
02-16-2011, 05:46 PM
Injury Prone Stastny
Can't Trade Me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by vipernsx View Post
With Forsberg retired, Duchene out, and Colorado needing to climb up to get into the playoffs chances are they'll be sellers.

The Avs are a young club going forward, Shattenkirk is a stud and Lilles has been on the block in years past. He's playing much better this year so his value will be up.

Chris Drury is hurt again and the Rangers are likely to buy him out at the end up the year. The last year of his deal only pays him 5 million and the Avs have plenty of cap space. He could be a nice leader for the kids next year, a place where he's played and succeeded before, where the fans know him, somewhere where he might waive his NMC to go to and Colorado has the cap space to fit.

Looking at Colorado's prospect pool it looks like they're really thin with young wingers which makes for an interesting idea. Shattenkirk and a solid defensive prospect pool perhaps makes JML expendable moving forward into next year to fill the gap on wing.

for

Rangers POV
Get Hejduk to play with Gabby, he's a rental so they aren't going to pay heavy for him.
Get a PPQB in Liles, they get him for next year too, though he has had his questions in the past which has made his salary questionable, he's a UFA after next season.
Get a goalie prospect in Sami Aittokallio which they really don't have one now. Perhaps they can look to bring him over to the AHL soon.

Colorado POV
Drury fills in at a 3rd line center, PKer, and a veteran on a team with young players.
Grachev has been progressing in the minors, he's a top notch forward prospect and can reunite with Duchene. There's no reason why he shouldn't be able to step in next year or call up now.
Two more #2 picks this draft year one is NYR's and one is Washington's which the Rangers own.

Thoughts?
Uh... What?

Injury Prone Stastny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2011, 05:51 PM
NYGBleedBlueNYR

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrjimmyg89 View Post
The pros to adding drury on the last year of his contracts are:

- Allows you to play more people on lower contracts
- Allows you to play younger players more minutes
- Provides you more cap space the following season to sign younger players who deserve a raise
Wow what a fun game of turning a frown upside down.

The advantages to getting ur balls caught in wood chipper:

-more room in pants
-less bass in your voice
-you can have sex NEXT year after you're all healed up

Awesome

NYGBleedBlueNYR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2011, 05:57 PM
Avs_19
Peter the Great

Quote:
Originally Posted by vipernsx View Post
for

Thoughts?

Avs_19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2011, 06:02 PM
Crisp Breakout

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYGBleedBlueNYR View Post
Wow what a fun game of turning a frown upside down.

The advantages to getting ur balls caught in wood chipper:

-more room in pants
-less bass in your voice
-you can have sex NEXT year after you're all healed up

Awesome

Crisp Breakout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2011, 11:51 AM
vipernsx
Flatus Expeller

Quote:

When you're playing lots of kids with small contracts, a contract like Drury's where the cap hit is higher than the actual salary, allows you to reach the cap while keeping your team salary low. The math actually works to save money.

Again if Hejduk and Foote retire who become the veterans on the team? JML is the oldest player at 29 and then there is a handful of players in their mid 20s. Stastny has a reputation of disappearing during pressure games, I like him and his Dad was the #2 scorer behind Wayne Gretzky in the 80s so the pedigree is there but he's disappeared every time team USA has needed him. Any free agent UFA is going to be costly, 5million can easily be spent on a UFA.

Didn't want to get all hung up on Drury when he's going into the last year on his deal with a team that has plenty of cap space and money. Especially when a guy with the same money was getting moved back. I really didn't think it was going to still be that big of an issue, but I guess some things don't die. I really though that Grachev and TWO second rounders would really be something worth considering but I guess not.

Old
02-17-2011, 01:18 PM
viach

Very bad deal for the Avs !!!

Not a good team for a deal for the avs

viach is offline   Reply With Quote