HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

ALL JERSEY TALK HERE - Who cares if it's real or fake?

Closed Thread

Old
02-14-2011, 07:52 PM
Flyers845

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sawdalite View Post
I did the exact same thing and it came out wonderful... Larger numbers the same size as the Flyers wear on ice sewn on came out perfect and looks 1000% better than anything I've seen with Winter Classic's from other places which have heat pressed smaller numbers... or are bootleg and look even worse.

Trust me, you will NOT be disappointed.
Cool thanks. Can't wait to pick it up, are the numbers on the arms overlaped like the jerseys they have?

Old
02-14-2011, 08:43 PM
flountown

I am sure I will get more into game-used equipment down the road, but at the moment, I don't have a room to put it in. I think I'd concentrate on sticks and gloves, although, I also know of people who buy non-used but overstock of random player hockey sticks to use. Apparently it's an easy way to get 200 dollar hockey sticks as overstock, also getting a larger number of blade curvatures.

Old
02-14-2011, 10:43 PM
Sawdalite
AbleWasIEreISawLupul

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyers845 View Post
Cool thanks. Can't wait to pick it up, are the numbers on the arms overlaped like the jerseys they have?

Yes, as they are the same numbers that the players wear... That said, I know on the orange home Premier jerseys the white stripe varies depending on the time they were manufactured... at one time they were too wide and the numbers were harder to make overlap, no matter their size... When they started making them thinner the overlap was easier and with the full size numbers there was no problem at all -- I'm assuming the difference was due to when and not different contracting manufacturers -- I don't believe the Winter Classic jerseys had the same problem with the too wide stripe down the arm.

In any case, my WC that I had SZ customize with #28 came out fantastic with the overlap... I know some numbers are easier to do than others, like 28 as opposed to 11, but the full size numbers they use does make a difference.

Please let us know how yours comes out.

Old
02-15-2011, 12:33 PM
PhillyPhantic

Modell's doing 40% off again... I'm tempted again to get an authentic customized for $230... last time picked up an authentic Cliff Lee jersey for $120.

Old
02-15-2011, 12:44 PM
Murphy7
Drop the puck

"Screen-printed twill appliqué" is iron-on like material, correct?
Just making sure. If so, I will buy blanks and get them done somewhere else. To get them right, I'm looking for tackle twill, right?

Old
02-15-2011, 12:53 PM
flountown

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murphy7 View Post
"Screen-printed twill appliqué" is iron-on like material, correct?
Just making sure. If so, I will buy blanks and get them done somewhere else. To get them right, I'm looking for tackle twill, right?
Yes, you would want to purchase a blank coming from Modell's.

Old
02-15-2011, 02:48 PM
Sawdalite
AbleWasIEreISawLupul

Rule of thumb: Quickly move on to another item when the term 'screen-printed' pops up in any context.

Old
02-15-2011, 09:59 PM
Sawdalite
AbleWasIEreISawLupul

Okay, here's the thing; FWIW and for those who care, I made a Google Image search and have determined that Carle switched his hockey pants this season... For 2010-11 -- or at least at some point after October 2010 -- Carle has the Bauer brand pants. For at least 2008-09 and 2009-10, and maybe prior to that, Carle wore Easton brand pants... I have images of him wearing them during that period and have specific images of his wearing Easton during the 2010 Postseason and particularly in Game Seven of the comeback clincher vs Boston after being down three games to none and Game Three of the Stanley Cup Final vs Chicago -- he was on ice for Gagne's game clincher in Boston and a Game Three goal vs Chicago.

In the Winter Classic there are very limited images and what I can prove is that the pants he had on did not conform to the Bauer that has the name spread across the back left leg bottom... The image I have shows blank where you would expect to see the 'BA' of 'Bauer'... Easton has a capital E in a diamond that takes up limited space in the bottom of the back of the left leg. The image appears to show the left part of that symbol but it cannot be determined for sure due to size and angle.

I have no way of knowing how many pairs of pants Carle and other players have at one time and use during the season... My guess is that they wear one, but that is merely a guess. The pants I bought are very well worn... He could have wore more than one Easton and then switch to multiple Bauers... or he may have had separate Eastons in each of the past two seasons before switching to Bauer. My guess is that I have the one from at least 2009-10, or at least one of them... This means that there is a good chance it was on the ice for the historic series vs Boston and the Winter Classic as well as the Cup finals... even if he had two pairs I would have a 50/50 chance on each situation.

To me and the kid in me it is a good feeling that I may possess the pants worn on ice for the Game Seven clinching Gaol and the WC and for the SCFs... and well worth the $75.00 that went to charity.

Last edited by Sawdalite: 02-15-2011 at 10:22 PM.
Old
02-15-2011, 10:14 PM
Flyers845

Quote:
Yes, as they are the same numbers that the players wear... That said, I know on the orange home Premier jerseys the white stripe varies depending on the time they were manufactured... at one time they were too wide and the numbers were harder to make overlap, no matter their size... When they started making them thinner the overlap was easier and with the full size numbers there was no problem at all -- I'm assuming the difference was due to when and not different contracting manufacturers -- I don't believe the Winter Classic jerseys had the same problem with the too wide stripe down the arm.

In any case, my WC that I had SZ customize with #28 came out fantastic with the overlap... I know some numbers are easier to do than others, like 28 as opposed to 11, but the full size numbers they use does make a difference.

Please let us know how yours comes out.
I'll throw pics up when I get it thanks bud

Old
02-16-2011, 07:20 AM
Mosetter27

Quote:
Okay, here's the thing; FWIW and for those who care, I made a Google Image search and have determined that Carle switched his hockey pants this season... For 2010-11 -- or at least at some point after October 2010 -- Carle has the Bauer brand pants. For at least 2008-09 and 2009-10, and maybe prior to that, Carle wore Easton brand pants... I have images of him wearing them during that period and have specific images of his wearing Easton during the 2010 Postseason and particularly in Game Seven of the comeback clincher vs Boston after being down three games to none and Game Three of the Stanley Cup Final vs Chicago -- he was on ice for Gagne's game clincher in Boston and a Game Three goal vs Chicago.

In the Winter Classic there are very limited images and what I can prove is that the pants he had on did not conform to the Bauer that has the name spread across the back left leg bottom... The image I have shows blank where you would expect to see the 'BA' of 'Bauer'... Easton has a capital E in a diamond that takes up limited space in the bottom of the back of the left leg. The image appears to show the left part of that symbol but it cannot be determined for sure due to size and angle.

I have no way of knowing how many pairs of pants Carle and other players have at one time and use during the season... My guess is that they wear one, but that is merely a guess. The pants I bought are very well worn... He could have wore more than one Easton and then switch to multiple Bauers... or he may have had separate Eastons in each of the past two seasons before switching to Bauer. My guess is that I have the one from at least 2009-10, or at least one of them... This means that there is a good chance it was on the ice for the historic series vs Boston and the Winter Classic as well as the Cup finals... even if he had two pairs I would have a 50/50 chance on each situation.

To me and the kid in me it is a good feeling that I may possess the pants worn on ice for the Game Seven clinching Gaol and the WC and for the SCFs... and well worth the $75.00 that went to charity.
check gettyimages you should be able to find TONS of pics of carle!

Old
02-16-2011, 03:43 PM
Sawdalite
AbleWasIEreISawLupul

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjd624 View Post
check gettyimages you should be able to find TONS of pics of carle!
Thanks... never used Getty Images but will give it a shot.

Google Images has plenty of Carle but what I need is shots that show the bottom of the back of the right pant leg... and see it enough to determine the company logo/name. My problem with the Winter Classic is that there are little images like that of Carle... it is not easy when you look at one specific game and need a specific equipment area to be shown. In theory though Google should have all the images on the Internet as long as they are associated with the key words I use, which were Carle and 'Winter Classic' and Carle/Flyers (IIRC).

BTW: the only WC image with Carle is with him in a line rush and only the side of his left pant leg visible... What is good in determining it though is Bauer is spelled out and takes up so much space it would be seen... while Easton would not, or is so only be slightly detected at best. The WC image shows only a small part of a logo which leads me to believe it is Easton... Thank goodness those are the only two pants he seems to have worn as a Flyer.

This is interesting to me as I have a stake in the result... I hope it isn't too boring for everybody else.

EDIT:

OMG... There is a difference with Getty and Google... I found exactly what I needed there... Thanks... please see bellow.

Last edited by Sawdalite: 02-16-2011 at 04:37 PM.
Old
02-16-2011, 04:44 PM
funghoul
retardo montalbon

are you retired, sawdalite?

Old
02-16-2011, 05:51 PM
Sawdalite
AbleWasIEreISawLupul

Quote:
Originally Posted by funghoul View Post
are you retired, sawdalite?
I am merely able to fit my hobbies & things I enjoy doing into my life... This thread is one for those who enjoy jerseys and related thing, isn't it?... The research I did does not take very much time with the help of the Internet for anyone with average intelligence, but I assume it may seem a major task to some people... Thanks for your concern, Funghoul.

Old
02-16-2011, 05:58 PM
funghoul
retardo montalbon

i didnt mean any disrespect, i was just curious (not that its any of my business) i was just wondering because your always actin like your so old when your probably not that old. im 35 and i always got the impression you were maybe retired. it was more of an envious thing.

Old
02-16-2011, 06:47 PM
Sawdalite
AbleWasIEreISawLupul

Quote:
i didnt mean any disrespect, i was just curious (not that its any of my business) i was just wondering because your always actin like your so old when your probably not that old. im 35 and i always got the impression you were maybe retired. it was more of an envious thing.
I'm older than dirt haha... I'm not a fan of brief posts because there is just too much that can be read into them. If you stated in the first post what you said in the second, I would have understood why you asked... instead of assuming that you believed my research took so much time I must be retired.

That said, who am I question writing styles... Hemingway won a Nobel Prize for his iceberg writing style.

Sorry for taking that wrong.

Old
02-16-2011, 08:21 PM
Mosetter27

Quote:
Thanks... never used Getty Images but will give it a shot.

Google Images has plenty of Carle but what I need is shots that show the bottom of the back of the right pant leg... and see it enough to determine the company logo/name. My problem with the Winter Classic is that there are little images like that of Carle... it is not easy when you look at one specific game and need a specific equipment area to be shown. In theory though Google should have all the images on the Internet as long as they are associated with the key words I use, which were Carle and 'Winter Classic' and Carle/Flyers (IIRC).

BTW: the only WC image with Carle is with him in a line rush and only the side of his left pant leg visible... What is good in determining it though is Bauer is spelled out and takes up so much space it would be seen... while Easton would not, or is so only be slightly detected at best. The WC image shows only a small part of a logo which leads me to believe it is Easton... Thank goodness those are the only two pants he seems to have worn as a Flyer.

This is interesting to me as I have a stake in the result... I hope it isn't too boring for everybody else.

EDIT:

OMG... There is a difference with Getty and Google... I found exactly what I needed there... Thanks... please see bellow.

getty rocks dosent it!

Old
02-16-2011, 08:48 PM
Sawdalite
AbleWasIEreISawLupul

Quote:
getty rocks dosent it!
Hey I'm in awe of Google and assumed they had everything on the 'Net... NOW... I have another quality toy, err... I mean, tool.

Old
02-17-2011, 01:19 PM
funghoul
retardo montalbon

yo sawdalite can you post a picture of those hockey pants from carle? i am one of the looneys that paid a nice little chunk of change (500 bucks) for timonen's set 1 jersey (which i'm still waitin for) from meigray. i plan on postin the picture when it comes in. puck boy, i wanna see that powe jersey (i think thats what you bought) when it comes in too. i do heating and air conditioning and got a bonus so thats what i decided to blow my cash on. i'll probably wear it to a few games and then maybe get one of those cool frames to show it off. be nice if he was a contributer to somethin great this year (i aint gonna say it and jinx it). it might actually go up in value. but we need to post more pictures since this is a jersey/ memorabilia thread.

Old
02-17-2011, 01:28 PM
pelts35.com

Quote:
yo sawdalite can you post a picture of those hockey pants from carle? i am one of the looneys that paid a nice little chunk of change (500 bucks) for timonen's set 1 jersey (which i'm still waitin for) from meigray. i plan on postin the picture when it comes in. puck boy, i wanna see that powe jersey (i think thats what you bought) when it comes in too. i do heating and air conditioning and got a bonus so thats what i decided to blow my cash on. i'll probably wear it to a few games and then maybe get one of those cool frames to show it off. be nice if he was a contributer to somethin great this year (i aint gonna say it and jinx it). it might actually go up in value. but we need to post more pictures since this is a jersey/ memorabilia thread.
Please don't take this the wrong way, but I really hope that you didn't buy a Timonen jersey with the hope that it might go up in value. With 3 sets of jerseys per year, the days of jerseys increasing in value are slim and none, especially for a "common" player like Timomnen.

I have over 80 jerseys in my collection and knew before I purchased each one that none of them would retain their "value", let alone increase.

Last edited by pelts35.com: 02-17-2011 at 02:23 PM.
Old
02-17-2011, 02:02 PM
Mosetter27

Funghul I dohvac also what company do you workfor

Old
02-17-2011, 03:51 PM
funghoul
retardo montalbon

Quote:
Originally Posted by pelts35.com View Post
Please don't take this the wrong way, but I really hope that you didn't buy a Timonen jersey with the hope that it might go up in value. With 3 sets of jerseys per year, the days of jerseys increasing in value are slim and none, especially for a "common" player like Timomnen.

I have over 80 jerseys in my collection and knew before I purchased each one that none of them would retain their "value", let alone increase.
i know its a niche thing with the only meaningful value going to jerseys that are historically important or important to other collectors. im not rich (obviously blue collar) but im always floored when i go to the main line into some of these houses of collectors and see their stash. gameworn messier jerseys. gretzky sticks, etc. I have a bunch of replicas and ive been lookin at gameworns for a while and this seemed reasonable price wise. Its all about wantin somethin from this particular team as a fan. we all know this has got to be the best team we've ever had (since the 70's).

Old
02-17-2011, 04:02 PM
funghoul
retardo montalbon

Quote:
Funghul I dohvac also what company do you workfor
i work down in delaware county. id rather not be blabbin were i work on here. people will be askin "arent you that idiot from that jersey thing from the interwebb?" i will say it used to be direct energy. which is makin a comeback down here. their huge in canada. advertising all over the rink boards up there. i put the canadian flag to the left cause i would move up there if i werent married with kids. ive been to montreal amd toronto you cant find a cigarette butt on the streets up there. its beautiful. dont get me wrong , im not anti america...im just sayin its perty pretty up there. supposedly though vancouver what its all about. gotta get there before i die.

Last edited by MiamiScreamingEagles: 02-18-2011 at 01:22 PM.
Old
02-17-2011, 05:01 PM
Sawdalite
AbleWasIEreISawLupul

Quote:

Photos of the Carle game worn hockey pants can be found here:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/5963306...174749/detail/

Old
02-17-2011, 05:30 PM
Mosetter27

Quote:
i work down in delaware county. id rather not be blabbin were i work on here. people will be askin "arent you that idiot from that jersey thing from the interwebb?" i will say it used to be direct energy. which is makin a comeback down here. their huge in canada. advertising all over the rink boards up there. i put the canadian flag to the left cause i would move up there if i werent married with kids. ive been to montreal amd toronto. you cant find a cigarette butt on the streets up there. its beautiful. dont get me wrong , im not anti america...im just sayin its perty pretty up there. supposedly though vancouver what its all about. gotta get there before i die.
gotcha...the company i work for is my father-in-laws.... were all over South Jersey and the shore (AC, Margate, Vetnor, Wildwood)

Last edited by MiamiScreamingEagles: 02-18-2011 at 01:23 PM.
Old
02-19-2011, 02:23 PM
funghoul
retardo montalbon

hitler's dream was edited? i was mearly speaking of hitler's lesser known dream of streets devoid of cigarette butts in the city of toronto. touchy touchy. i just got the new hockey news and theres a good picture of what might be those pants you now own sawdalite.

Closed Thread