HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > The Rink
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
The Rink For the not so ready for prime-time players, coaches, referees, and the people that have to live with them. Discuss experiences in local leagues, coaching tips, equipment, and training.

shin guards search help

Old
02-13-2011, 09:38 PM
mbush82

vCash: 500
shin guards search help

I was looking for some new shin guards and was wondering if certian models or brands were specifically made to wear either behind or in front of the skate tongue? Could anyone recommend me ones that are good for wearing under the tongue? Reason I'm asking is I'm looking for more mobility, and also I'm tired of not being able to adjust my skates without messing up my shinsguards/socks. Thanks.

mbush82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2011, 10:08 PM
ponder

Any lower profile shin pad will work, just flop your tongues, and make sure the pads aren't too long (you will have slightly worse protection this way). But do you really find wearing your shin guards over the tongues limits your mobility? I've personally never found this at all, though it is certainly harder to tighten your skates mid-game.

ponder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2011, 10:18 PM
Thepandamancan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ponder View Post
Any lower profile shin pad will work, just But do you really find wearing your shin guards over the tongues limits your mobility? I've personally never found this at all, though it is certainly harder to tighten your skates mid-game.
It's possible the shin guards are too long. I wore a 14" inch for a long time and it didn't really bother me, but I moved to a 13" inch recently and found that my forward flex is a lot better.

You could move a size down if you feel comfortable with the potential gap it would make.

Thepandamancan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2011, 02:44 PM
Fleuryoutside29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thepandamancan View Post
It's possible the shin guards are too long. I wore a 14" inch for a long time and it didn't really bother me, but I moved to a 13" inch recently and found that my forward flex is a lot better.

You could move a size down if you feel comfortable with the potential gap it would make.
I moved down a size recently and found that it made a pretty significant difference

Fleuryoutside29 is offline   Reply With Quote