HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Kris Newbury Recalled

Old
02-16-2011, 01:11 PM
Loffen
Wen Kroy

vCash: 500
Play DZ with Eminger. I don't want to see that Girlroy-DZ pairing ever again... What does Torts see in that pairing anyway? It's like a live grenade waiting to blow up.

Loffen is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2011, 01:13 PM
Mio41
Ron Harris #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Boyle View Post
That's nice, but it still doesn't answer me why he would pair the two worst defenseman on the team together.
I agree they shouldn't play together, Gilroy played his best with Sauer, Sauer was +11 and Gilroy was +10, then he and Macdonagh played well together, but Sauer/Macdonagh have played well together, so no place for Gilroy, so Emminger should play with him...

Mio41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2011, 01:50 PM
HockeyBasedNYC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Korpicowski View Post
So we put Eminger in the lineup for one game, his first game in weeks, he is a little rusty and we sit him again. Whatd they expect? When guys dont play for a while theyre not always on their game.
Its more about Wolski's injury then anything else.

Del Zotto provides the Rangers with another PP pointman, something they lose with Wolski out. Its not really a big deal either way imo.

HockeyBasedNYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2011, 01:53 PM
HockeyBasedNYC

Im fine with recalling Newbury. I thought he added some good spunk to team when he was here, regardless of his low minutes and offensive output.

HockeyBasedNYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2011, 02:01 PM
NYROrtsFan

So how many goals will Del Zotto be personally at fault for tomorrow in only 8 mins of ice time? 3 of which are on the powerplay.

At least 1... Question is whether or not it's multiple and whether or not it will cost us the game.

NYROrtsFan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2011, 02:08 PM
MSG the place to be*

If you split up Gilroy and MDZ your just gonna see more of Gilroy and more of MDZ. Is that what you want?

And lol at the thought that Sauer or McD would be able to cover their mistakes. That might be the case 1/100th of the time.

MSG the place to be* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2011, 02:45 PM
SupersonicMonkey*
DROP THE PUCK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Boyle View Post
That's nice, but it still doesn't answer me why he would pair the two worst defenseman on the team together.

Because Staal-Girardi and McDonagh-Sauer are outstanding pairings.

That said, I'm not a fan of the Del Zotto-Gilroy pairing.

One or the other and a defensive guy.

Del Zotto needs McIlrath. Or someone similar.

SupersonicMonkey* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2011, 02:51 PM
n8
WAAAAAAA!!!

I'm ok with DZ playing as long as he is playing and not riding pine for 2/3 of the game. 25 minutes a night in Connecticut >>> 9 minutes in NY.

n8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2011, 03:05 PM
BlueshirtBlitz
Rich Nash

Gilroy should be out. He's useless.

Eminger wasn't good last game, fine with him sitting.

Upset W2's out.

BlueshirtBlitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2011, 03:30 PM
mrjimmyg89
'13-'14 East Champs

Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyBasedNYC View Post
Its more about Wolski's injury then anything else.

Del Zotto provides the Rangers with another PP pointman, something they lose with Wolski out. Its not really a big deal either way imo.
Stepan, Zucc, McDonagh, Gilroy.

they have plenty of people to run the PP point besides Del Zotto that have done it before. I agree he should be in over Gilroy and Eminger should be his partner, but I believe Gilroy has not been taken out of the line-up becuase management is trying to increase his value so they could involve him in a trade. Even though I think Gilroy has 0 trade value, some teams might think he does if he goes into the last week until the deadline playing well.

mrjimmyg89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2011, 05:15 PM
Valverde

Come on, show some support for Del Zotto. Sure, the guy has been shaky this season and he's a typical example of 'sophomore slump', but it's already hard as it is for him, the amount of negativity and criticism towards him is somewat unjustified. Just give him a beak and show some patience, boys

Liked Newbury too, I reckon he should be a regular 4th liner, perhaps just not with the Rangers. Still, I think he earned the 'right' of being the first choice call-up.

Valverde is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2011, 05:54 PM
MorrisWanchuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valverde View Post
Come on, show some support for Del Zotto. Sure, the guy has been shaky this season and he's a typical example of 'sophomore slump', but it's already hard as it is for him, the amount of negativity and criticism towards him is somewat unjustified. Just give him a beak and show some patience, boys
We've been patient. he still sucks.

it kills me to watch him continually turning over the puck in his own zone. just yuck.

we need to win to make the playoffs. emminger should play. mdz should be riding the bus.

MorrisWanchuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2011, 06:07 PM
BlueshirtBlitz
Rich Nash

Quote:
Originally Posted by MorrisWanchuk View Post

it kills me to watch him continually turning over the puck in his own zone. just yuck.

we need to win to make the playoffs. emminger should play. mdz should be riding the bus.
Actually, Gilroy should be riding the bus because letting MDZ develop is relevant to the teams long term interests.

BlueshirtBlitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2011, 06:46 PM
MorrisWanchuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueshirtBlitz View Post
Actually, Gilroy should be riding the bus because letting MDZ develop is relevant to the teams long term interests.
we should be interested about making the playoffs THIS YEAR. Gilroy's play has been much more solid than MDZ. MDZ should never have been recalled - the kid has no idea where he stands and his confidence is shattered.

MorrisWanchuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2011, 09:43 PM
ltrangerfan

If the Rangers trade for a defensman then we could rotate the 3 of them (Gil, Emm, and MDZ) and give each 4 minutes per game every 3 games.

ltrangerfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2011, 08:08 AM
Valverde

Quote:

He has played what, 40 games this season? And his slump wasn't at all noticable in October. He still needs a lot of time, he's far from being a finished product. When I say patience I mean 2-3 years, not 20-30 games. Sure, it's frustrating to watch him as he was very good and very effective last season, but I'm aware that it's a long, bumpy road for Michael and I just can't undrestand why everyone is so quick to blame and slate him.

Valverde is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2011, 08:12 AM
Vitto79

Gilroy is playing cause he is gaining value and will be dealt. I really don't see him being in the long term plans and I actually would not be shocked to see Gilroy with Eminger for 1 or even 2 Dmen coming back. Minor move instead of dealing a 2nd

Vitto79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2011, 09:50 AM
Wraparounds
Powerful Wizard

Quote:
we should be interested about making the playoffs THIS YEAR. Gilroy's play has been much more solid than MDZ. MDZ should never have been recalled - the kid has no idea where he stands and his confidence is shattered.
This is false. Gilroy blows just as hard as DZ.

Wraparounds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2011, 09:57 AM
Mio41
Ron Harris #3

Quote:
I agree with you...

Mio41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2011, 03:36 PM
The Godfather

I like the way Newbury plays and would like to see him permanently on the 4th line next year. I think he would put up a few points and be good on faceoffs.

The Godfather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2011, 03:55 PM
mrjimmyg89
'13-'14 East Champs

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Godfather View Post
I like the way Newbury plays and would like to see him permanently on the 4th line next year. I think he would put up a few points and be good on faceoffs.
Who do we move to have this happen? Most of our 3rd/4th line players are signed through next season. Boyle, Avery, Prust, Boogaard, not to mention someone like a Werek who could make the team next year and play 4th line. Still have EC for next year too. I just don't see him playing 4th line the whole year on the Rangers. My guess is he'll sign on somewhere he could get the chance to play in the NHL on the 4th line the whole year.

mrjimmyg89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2011, 04:11 PM
NYR Viper

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrjimmyg89 View Post
Who do we move to have this happen? Most of our 3rd/4th line players are signed through next season. Boyle, Avery, Prust, Boogaard, not to mention someone like a Werek who could make the team next year and play 4th line. Still have EC for next year too. I just don't see him playing 4th line the whole year on the Rangers. My guess is he'll sign on somewhere he could get the chance to play in the NHL on the 4th line the whole year.
Its simple:

Boyle to wing.

Trade Christensen.

Buy-out Drury.

Dubinsky-Richards-Gaborik
Boyle-Anismov-Callahan
Wolski-Stepan-MZA
Prust-Newbury-Avery/Boogaard

Boyle should be a wing as he progresses anyways. Straight ahead, hit everything and use his size along the wall. Talk about size on the left wing:

Dubinsky 6'1
Boyle 6'7
Wolski 6'3

Use the 2nd line as a shut-down/match-up line. 2 offensive lines in the 1st and 3rd. 4th line will hit, create energy and havoc.

Obviously this means no young players make the team on offense at the start of the season.

NYR Viper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2011, 04:20 PM
Miller Time NYR
Wrong^

Quote:
I agree MDZ is lost.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wraparounds View Post
This is false. Gilroy blows just as hard as DZ.
have to disagree here, gilroy tho not playing great has played much much better than del zotto.

Miller Time NYR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2011, 04:33 PM
Miller Time NYR
Wrong^

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR Boyler87 View Post
Its simple:

Boyle to wing.

Trade Christensen.

Buy-out Drury.

Boyle-Anismov-Callahan
Wolski-Stepan-MZA
Prust-Newbury-Avery/Boogaard

Boyle should be a wing as he progresses anyways. Straight ahead, hit everything and use his size along the wall. Talk about size on the left wing:

Dubinsky 6'1
Boyle 6'7
Wolski 6'3

Use the 2nd line as a shut-down/match-up line. 2 offensive lines in the 1st and 3rd. 4th line will hit, create energy and havoc.

Obviously this means no young players make the team on offense at the start of the season.
I agree with everything but Boyle, on a championship caliber team like pit,chi,det Brian Boyle is not a second liner not even a thought he's a fourth line player, third at best. The guys played great this season there's no doubting it but he is NOT a top six guy on any good team by any stretch. He's a 3/4 guy that kills penalties and occasionally gets pp minutes. I agree Boyle is probably best suited for the wing but with prust and one of boogaard/Avery he's going to be a fourth line C IMO. And that's not because I think kreider or hagelin will be a second line lw its because he's not a second line player on any other good team.
Wolski-Anismov-Callahan
Kreider/hagelin/surprise?-Stepan-MZA
Prust-Boyle-Avery/Boogaard/newbury
That's just how I see it.

Miller Time NYR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2011, 04:42 PM
NYR Viper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rangerdanger20 View Post
I agree with everything but Boyle, on a championship caliber team like pit,chi,det Brian Boyle is not a second liner not even a thought he's a fourth line player, third at best. The guys played great this season there's no doubting it but he is NOT a top six guy on any good team by any stretch. He's a 3/4 guy that kills penalties and occasionally gets pp minutes. I agree Boyle is probably best suited for the wing but with prust and one of boogaard/Avery he's going to be a fourth line C IMO. And that's not because I think kreider or hagelin will be a second line lw its because he's not a second line player on any other good team.
Wolski-Anismov-Callahan
Kreider/hagelin/surprise?-Stepan-MZA
Prust-Boyle-Avery/Boogaard/newbury
That's just how I see it.

Considering Boyle is tied for the lead in goals this season, playing him on the 4th line would be a terrible decision. If he isn't getting 13-16 minutes a night regularly next season then Torts isnt doing his job. Defensively he is one of the best forwards on the team.

Thats why I put him on a line with Callahan and Anisimov. Those 2nd and 3rd lines can be interchanged depending on the competition and how the lines are playing. All 3 of them will get PK time as well.

NYR Viper is offline   Reply With Quote