HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Kings vs. Rangers - 02/17/11 - POSTGAME THOUGHTS & TIDBITS

Old
02-17-2011, 09:54 PM
TonySCV
Two Timer!

vCash: 500
I'll take 3 of 4 points in a back to back anytime.

TonySCV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Cruel11
Son, just don't.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Telos View Post
Blame Bernier for the game, not the shootout. Both those goals against Bernier in the shootout were nice.
This. Kopi 2 out of 8 in the SO....yikes. Time to try something else Kopi.

Cruel11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
KopitarFAN
Reno Sucks!

Saturday's game is a must win.

KopitarFAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2011, 09:55 PM
Muzzinga
Regehr GOAT

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBernierFan View Post
Quoted for truth. Those guys are also 4 for 4 and 4 of 5 in the shootout. Looks like every goalie has trouble with them.

Amazing how Quick is hugely praised last night giving up 3 goals on 24 shots but winning in the shootout and Bernier stands on his head most of this game, giving up 3 goals on 37 shots and you all say he's crap just because he wasn't good in the SO. How quickly we forget the saves he made to keep us in the game when we looked like **** in the 2nd.
Quick didnt have a chance on any of the goals yesterday.

Bernier should have had the last 2 today.

Muzzinga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
JT8888

Quote:
Originally Posted by riseandfall9 View Post
I stated my opinion....You dont like it? Fine.
Shouldnt have singled you out but i just think we should be giving props to this team who is killing it right now even with kopi not at his best.

Last edited by William H Bonney: 02-17-2011 at 09:56 PM. Reason: edited qp
JT8888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
KingKopitar11*
Drew Doughty Eh?

Quote:
Quoted for truth. Those guys are also 4 for 4 and 4 of 5 in the shootout. Looks like every goalie has trouble with them.

Amazing how Quick is hugely praised last night giving up 3 goals on 24 shots but winning in the shootout and Bernier stands on his head most of this game, giving up 3 goals on 37 shots and you all say he's crap just because he wasn't good in the SO. How quickly we forget the saves he made to keep us in the game when we looked like **** in the 2nd.
I know what you mean, but quick is our number one, he plays more, if he screws up, its not as closely looked at because he plays more and wins more and bails us out more, so if he screws up, it's not as big of a deal.

But Bernier is back up, he doesnt play as much, he is more fresh, 37 shots but 2 dumb goals. he wasnt solid throughout the entire game

KingKopitar11* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Jungle Boy

BTW why those retards on espn.com are putting us one positions behind de $ucks when goal differential is the next tie breaker?
http://espn.go.com/nhl/standings
so, we are 5th now and i hope we keep like this when I wake up tomorrow!

Jungle Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
damacles1156

Great job by the Kings to grab a point from the Jaws of death. I am thinking it might take 97 points to make the playoff's in the west.

Johnny B played well, faced a lot of good scoring shots. I hope the Brown hate dies down some after this game.

damacles1156 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
two out of three*

Send a message via ICQ to two out of three* Send a message via AIM to two out of three*
Quote:

"Quoted for truth."

The tying goal in Columbus was off a terrible Quick rebound. Granted, he's great in the shootout but Bernier matched Quicks performance on more shots, just couldn't get the W because of two stellar moves in the SO.

two out of three* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
JBernierFan
Drink up!

Quote:
It shouldn't have even been in a shoot out. He shat out on the last 2 goals he let in.
Why so much Bernier hate? What has he ever done to you? He did stop 34 of 37 tonight when the Kings **** the bed defensively. But now, you don't want to talk about that.

Why can't we like both goalies? I just don't get it. Quick is the next god when he gives up 3 on 24 last night, but Bernier is burned at the stake for 3 on 37 with a tired team out there? Some of you are unreal.

Why don't we talk about how crappy Drew was on defense or how soft Kopi was on the half wall all night?

JBernierFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2011, 09:56 PM
Kingurentai

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingdoughty View Post
Trading bernier would be retarded
Not sure if it was directed at me but if so note the

I knew when regulation was over that there'd be some Bernier sucks talk in here, thus the trade him joke.

Kingurentai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2011, 09:57 PM
riseandfall9

Quote:
Originally Posted by JT8888 View Post
Shouldnt have singled you out but i just think we should be giving props to this team who is killing it right now even with kopi not at his best.
Eh... The 2 points should have been ours. 1 is good and nice. But its too close in the West and that 1 extra point is very important.

When I said he "wasnt even close" And a "Joke"
Jonathan Bernier looked worse then an Amateur goalie in that shoot out.

riseandfall9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Shellz

Quote:
Why so much Bernier hate? What has he ever done to you? He did stop 34 of 37 tonight when the Kings **** the bed defensively. But now, you don't want to talk about that.

Why can't we like both goalies? I just don't get it. Quick is the next god when he gives up 3 on 24 last night, but Bernier is burned at the stake for 3 on 37 with a tired team out there? Some of you are unreal.

Why don't we talk about how crappy Drew was on defense or how soft Kopi was on the half wall all night?
Quick gets just as much **** as Bernier does and you know that. He's going to get his fair share this season and for awhile. Just like Quick will and did.

There is comments about Kopitars game tonight and the last while. So, yeah, people are giving him ****.

Shellz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
johnjm22

Quote:
Originally Posted by no name View Post
The moves looked good because Bernier was flopping like a fish. People try those moves every day but get stoned by a goalie staying home. The problem with those two moves is Bernier sold himself out on the pokecheck but both time Bernier's stick wasn't even on the ice. You couldn't play them worse. Bernier gave up this game. His goals against were played in an embarrassing fashion at times where you can't give up a goal.

I'm not one of your typical bitter grapes posters and always give the players the benefit of the doubt but Bernier didn't derve that.
If it was just because of the goalie then why does Zuccarello always score in the shoot out? I guess he always just gets lucky and goes against crappy goaltenders.

johnjm22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2011, 09:58 PM
Orenji

Quote:
Originally Posted by KopitarFAN View Post
Saturday's game is a must win.
Not a must win.

It's a should win.

A loss wouldn't kill us (it would feel like it), but we should win that game. We'll just need to stop Grabner.

If anyone said at the start of this 10 game trip that we could go 4-2-2 in the first eight, they would probably take it. We're 5-0-3 on the road trip and only dropped three points out of a possible sixteen.

Frustrating loss, but at least we got the overtime loss.

Orenji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2011, 09:59 PM
KopitarFAN
Reno Sucks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jungle Boy View Post
BTW why those retards on espn.com are putting us one positions behind de $ucks when goal differential is the next tie breaker?
Nope.

Anaheim, SJ and Nashville hold the SO tiebreaker. They are 8th unless SJ OR Nashville loses.

Old
JBernierFan
Drink up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shellz View Post
Quick gets just as much **** as Bernier does and you know that. He's going to get his fair share this season and for awhile. Just like Quick will and did.
Not true, IMO. Quick gets some ****, but not like this. People in this thread are acting like he **** the bed tonight.

JBernierFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
s3machine*

Quote:
While I agree.

Its not smart to ruin Bernier`s confidence and pride for an extra point.

He has already proved since we drafted him that he is a very weak between the ears and it might ruin his career.
While I definitely agree with what you are saying someone who is very weak between the ears has no business being a #1 goaltender in the NHL.

s3machine* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Orenji

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jungle Boy View Post
ESPN is wrong. They never got the memo in the new tiebreakers. We're still in 9th except if Preds or Sharks lose.

Orenji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2011, 10:00 PM
riseandfall9

Quote:

Lol... I hope your joking.

Just because I dont have Jonathan Bernier`s name in my user name doesnt mean I am not Pro Bernier. I actually like him.

But as a Bernier fan I can tell you that he was 8 feet out of position on the Dubinsky goal and he didn't even try on the Gaborik goal because he assumed it was going wide.

riseandfall9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2011, 10:00 PM
KopitarFAN
Reno Sucks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orenji View Post
Not a must win.

It's a should win.

A loss wouldn't kill us (it would feel like it), but we should win that game. We'll just need to stop Grabner.

If anyone said at the start of this 10 game trip that we could go 4-2-2 in the first eight, they would probably take it. We're 5-0-3 on the road trip and only dropped three points out of a possible sixteen.

Frustrating loss, but at least we got the overtime loss.
No.

When in need of points, they gotta beat teams like this.

Old
02-17-2011, 10:01 PM
damacles1156

Chuckle, well everyone was ready to mail in the Season and Dump Everyone before the road trip. Glad there are sound Hockey minds at the helm.

And not Arm Chair GM's/Coaches.

damacles1156 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
DocWest
2012 & 2014 Champs

Quote:

Dude, in all honesty JB blew it in the SO. It was embarrassing and left everybody with a bad taste in their mouth. Unfortunately, that dilutes some of the amazing saves he made in regulation.

DocWest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
KopitarFAN
Reno Sucks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orenji View Post
ESPN is wrong. They never got the memo in the new tiebreakers. We're still in 9th except if Preds or Sharks lose.
They have games in hand on Calgary, thus 8th.

Old
johnjm22

Quote:
Not true, IMO. Quick gets some ****, but not like this. People in this thread are acting like he **** the bed tonight.
Quick used to get ****, but he's silenced his critics. It will take time for Bernier to do the same.

johnjm22 is offline   Reply With Quote