HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Kings vs. Rangers - 02/17/11 - POSTGAME THOUGHTS & TIDBITS

Old
02-17-2011, 09:02 PM
Ollie Weeks

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orenji View Post
ESPN is wrong. They never got the memo in the new tiebreakers. We're still in 9th except if Preds or Sharks lose.
Incorrect. We have 2 games in hand on the Flames. We`re in 8th

Ollie Weeks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2011, 09:02 PM
onlyalad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orenji View Post
ESPN is wrong. They never got the memo in the new tiebreakers. We're still in 9th except if Preds or Sharks lose.
Kings are at the moment ahead of the Flames due to fewer games played. 8th place after having one of the best points runs in team history.

onlyalad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2011, 09:03 PM
Orenji

Quote:
Originally Posted by KopitarFAN View Post
They have games in hand on Calgary, thus 8th.
Oh yeah, forgot about Calgary. We are 8th now with two games in hand.

Too bad Canucks are losing to the Predators and Thrahers to the Coyotes.

Orenji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2011, 09:03 PM
AKAY47
In Lombardi we trust

We have the same exact record as the ducks? and aren't we beating them in the head-to-head? i don't understand the tiebreaker rules..

AKAY47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2011, 09:04 PM
Shellz

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBernierFan View Post
Not true, IMO. Quick gets some ****, but not like this. People in this thread are acting like he **** the bed tonight.
Well, I have to disagree fully. Quick has been blamed for a lot games more so last season and the playoffs as well. He's getting better just like Bernier will. Not to be rude or anything, but get used to it. He's going to get blamed for a lot more games too. Even if it's fault or not.

(Look at us sticking up for our boys )

Shellz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2011, 09:04 PM
Muzzinga
Regehr GOAT

People need to remember that the Rangers are a good team aswell. Getting a point from them after going to the OT and travelling the night before is a good result

Muzzinga is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2011, 09:06 PM
s3machine*

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocWest View Post
Dude, in all honesty JB blew it in the SO. It was embarrassing and left everybody with a bad taste in their mouth. Unfortunately, that dilutes some of the amazing saves he made in regulation.
THIS.

s3machine* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2011, 09:06 PM
DocWest
2012 & 2014 Champs

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBernierFan View Post
Not true, IMO. Quick gets some ****, but not like this. People in this thread are acting like he **** the bed tonight.
I think you're a little biased on this, lol. Quick does get **** on, but JB gets it more because he doesn't win as much. It's as simple as that. Quick has made some big mistakes, but he has also stolen a lot of games for us. Once JB starts winning more and stealing games, people will give him more of a break.

DocWest is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2011, 09:07 PM
Youngblood93

Great to see Brown bounce back. Hopefully this lights him up down the stretch.

Bernier made some big saves during the game but looked lost on the first 2 shootout attempts. I loved the poke check on the 3rd shooter though.

PK continues to be solid

Great effort by the Kings to tie the game twice in the 3rd and get a point. 3pts out of 4 pts on back to back nights is huge.

Kopitar = anit clutch and overpaid, he really seems to go through the motions

This team needs a SCORER (broken record) but after Saturday all the remaining games are against Western teams. You need to get wins in regulation so you can put some room between you and teams you start to climb over.

What was Poni thinking with .01 remaining?

Richie looked very sharp. Keep him in the lineup TM, Westgarth is a huge waste of space.

Youngblood93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
redcard

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKAY47 View Post
We have the same exact record as the ducks? and aren't we beating them in the head-to-head? i don't understand the tiebreaker rules..
Games Played is first, then regulation/OT wins. We have 7 shootout wins to the Ducks 4, so they have the tiebreaker rule.

redcard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
KingKopitar11*
Drew Doughty Eh?

Trade kopitar for a 10th round pick lol

Jack johnson, hes a beast, seriously.

KingKopitar11* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Cruel11
Son, just don't.

Quote:
Similar stats

Cruel11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2011, 09:09 PM
Belanger25
ZUES!

I'll give Bernier the benefit on the Christensen goal but he has to be better on the Zuccarello attempt. He's going too damn slow to end up that far out of the net. Mats could have skated the puck into the net, and he was barely moving.

I don't blame Kopitar or Handzus for shooting as Lundqvist is very aggressive with the poke check. Stoll shot and scored and if Kopitar did that we wouldn't have a problem with it.

Kopitar and Johnson have been awful at the shootout(Besides game 1) and we're still 7-2 in shootouts because of Stoll. Take that Stoll haters!

Belanger25 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2011, 09:10 PM
AKAY47
In Lombardi we trust

That's so stupid? So because we've got more SH Ws, we get the lower seed? Huuuhh...? That's so dumb

Old
Youngblood93

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruel11 View Post
Similar stats

You just blew my mind................

Youngblood93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Sydor25
LA Kings

Send a message via ICQ to Sydor25
Did everyone forget that Quick gave up the first 2 goals in the shootout too, the Kings bailed him out by scoring 2 as well.

I'm very happy with the loser point tonight. Another back-to-back and the Kings picked up 3 of 4. If the Kings pick up 3 out of 4 points the rest of the way, they will win the Pacific.

Go Kings Go!

Remember when everyone was *****ing about the Kings not getting the loser point? Well, the Kings tied it up late in the 3rd to get that point.

I guess everyone has to pile on Bernier because Brown scored 2 goals.

Sydor25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2011, 09:11 PM
DocWest
2012 & 2014 Champs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Youngblood93 View Post
Richie looked very sharp. Keep him in the lineup TM, Westgarth is a huge waste of space.
Agreed, I have no idea what TM keeps scratching him. He never gives up, is a fast skater and comes to play every game. He also has more goals and skill than Westy. I understand the need for a fighter on a team, but Big Red handles that without a problem.

DocWest is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2011, 09:11 PM
AKAY47
In Lombardi we trust

Anyways, go Atlanta and Washington

We've got to finish this road trip on a good note, Boston really exposed NYI today, who've been super hot of late. We have to check what the Bruins did and expose the Islanders. Impressive road trip nonetheless but we've got to keep going and not break down like history would suggest.

Old
02-17-2011, 09:18 PM
s3machine*

on a more positive note.. Dallas is one of the teams were tied with @ 68 points.. Remember when they were as much as what.. 13 points ahead of us? Talk about 2 teams going in completely opposite directions.

s3machine* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2011, 09:18 PM
KingKopitar11*
Drew Doughty Eh?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belanger25 View Post
I'll give Bernier the benefit on the Christensen goal but he has to be better on the Zuccarello attempt. He's going too damn slow to end up that far out of the net. Mats could have skated the puck into the net, and he was barely moving.

I don't blame Kopitar or Handzus for shooting as Lundqvist is very aggressive with the poke check. Stoll shot and scored and if Kopitar did that we wouldn't have a problem with it.

Kopitar and Johnson have been awful at the shootout(Besides game 1) and we're still 7-2 in shootouts because of Stoll. Take that Stoll haters!
Kopitar is a forward, jack isnt. i expect kopitar to change it up, not as much johnson. kopitar is no stoll with shooting, he should of tried a move because thats kopi's specialty.

KingKopitar11* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2011, 09:19 PM
Goallum

This is one of those situations, where I have to put my TonySCV cap on and say that all things considered I'm happy with a point.

Nice to see Brown to make a valuable contribution for the first time in weeks. Hope it sparks him for another one of those nice runs of his. Now would be a perfect time.

Goallum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2011, 09:23 PM
JBernierFan
Drink up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnjm22 View Post
Quick used to get ****, but he's silenced his critics. It will take time for Bernier to do the same.
Good point. Quick used to get the hate, just doesn't anymore I guess. Since Quick has been so good lately, people don't fault him for the soft goals/plays right now.

JBernierFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2011, 09:25 PM
JBernierFan
Drink up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruel11 View Post
Similar stats

Wow, that's amazing, even in the records recently. The only HUGE difference is the goal differential.

JBernierFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2011, 09:26 PM
AKAY47
In Lombardi we trust

Yeah man, Brownie showed leadership by tying that goal up (and a little bit of luck) but he played very well. Rich Hammond does a story on Alec Martinez's homecoming in Columbus but not Dustin Brown's homecoming in New York? Maybe that's why he played that well hahaha, hopefully he brings his game to the Islanders game.

And how about putting Richardson on Kopitar's line right when the Rangers took the lead lol, then Matt Greene ties it up all because of Richie's hard work. I think he earned himself another start but I was sort of disappointed in TM's confidence in Loktionov.. He barely played him in the 3rd period and when he was on the ice, it was with Clifford and Lewis, as a RW..

Old
02-17-2011, 09:26 PM
Goallum

On the whole "Bernier iz teh suxxorrz in the shootout" issue... y'all did see what Christensen's and Zuccarello's shooutout stats are, right?

Goallum is offline   Reply With Quote