HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Miro Satan

Closed Thread

Old
07-20-2005, 11:03 AM
GagneScores12

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Love
Because Hitchcock doesn't have clearly defined lines. Primeau's line goes up against the other team's top scoring line. Handzus' line plays against whoever that line matches up best against, the same will happen with Carter and Richards.

Carter and Richards will be 3rd and 4th in ice time among centers (assuming no injuries), but they won't be "third and fourth liners."
Most teams in the league though have clearly defined 1st, 2nd, 3rd and 4th lines. I don't know, maybe it's just me, but I think it's time that Hitch does the same thing here in Philadelphia. I know he had 1st, 2nd, 3rd and 4th lines in Dallas. Maybe it's time he does the same thing here and stick with it, through the good and bad.

Old
07-20-2005, 11:19 AM
Dr Love

Quote:
Originally Posted by GagneScores12
Most teams in the league though have clearly defined 1st, 2nd, 3rd and 4th lines. I don't know, maybe it's just me, but I think it's time that Hitch does the same thing here in Philadelphia. I know he had 1st, 2nd, 3rd and 4th lines in Dallas. Maybe it's time he does the same thing here and stick with it, through the good and bad.
I think Hitch does to, but I also think he's pretty loose about those roles. Whatever gets him the best matchups he goes with, ice time be damned. In the long run it all evens out.

Old
07-20-2005, 11:59 AM
Roger's Pancreas*

Send a message via AIM to Roger's Pancreas*
Quote:
I want you to think about a very successful NFL franchise called the Patriots. Their head coach doesn't believe in using one game plan for every team. Bill adjusts his team strategy every single game to be best prepared for their opponent and it looks like Hitch has been doing the same thing. It's hard to write down our predictions but it makes the Flyers look better during the regular season and playoffs.

Old
07-20-2005, 12:27 PM
Dr Love

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panasonic Youth
I want you to think about a very successful NFL franchise called the Patriots. Their head coach doesn't believe in using one game plan for every team.
Nor do the other 31 head coaches in the league. Or any coach in any league. All of them adapt to the opponent. What separates the good from the bad is how well they do it.

Old
07-20-2005, 12:44 PM
Jester

Quote:
However, with that being said, I'm not going to hold my breath hoping that they will be utilized a lot over the first half of the season. As well, I'm also not very certain that they won't be benched or shown the press box if they do make mistakes. I think Hitch is going to be intentionally rough on them. They aren't veterans and he's going to weather them in their first year so that they will eventually respond like veterans.
well... if history says anything about how hitch uses young players, they are much more likely to be used in the first half of the season. after that he figures out what he wants to do and tightens the ship going into the second half.

Old
07-20-2005, 01:29 PM
FlyersHomer DM03

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panasonic Youth
Bill adjusts his team strategy every single game to be best prepared for their opponent and it looks like Hitch has been doing the same thing. It's hard to write down our predictions but it makes the Flyers look better during the regular season and playoffs.
Hitchcock rolls four lines, fourth line doesnt mean "relegated to six minutes of ice time" and first line doesnt mean "the go-to guys"...Primeau is going to be our "3rd line" guy if you want to get technical but you're probably gonna see a lot of him, especially for crucial draws on both ends of the ice...we have too much talent (even BEFORE free agent signings) to have one go-to line...come on guys

Old
07-20-2005, 02:05 PM
Brad*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruins4Ever
Why is everyone putting Carter as your first line centre? He hasn't played an NHL game yet, and you're all putting him as your first liner right off the bat? H'll be used as a third line centre sharing duties on the fourth line with Richards. Handzus will be your first line centre, and either Roenick or Primeau will take the second line.
I love it when a Bruins fan barges in and acts like he knows more about the Flyers than Flyers fans. Well, you don't.

Hitchcock doesn't use lines in the traditional sense, so you're wrong.

Closed Thread