HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Habs lose to an awful(fine, the last place) team once again.

Old
02-17-2011, 10:46 PM
nyhabsfan
Waiting for #25.....

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryI View Post
When you have 5 regular D out you will lose most of your games. But HF will get all emo for the next 3 days and say trade half the team etc. etc.

Come on HF get emo so I can laugh at the morons.
It's not about being emotional... But this team in NOT beating the Flyers or Bruins in a 7 game series.
it would have been tough with a healthy lineup... Not with our 2 best Dmen out for the season and not dominant line to match up to the depth the Flyers and the Bruins can put out.

The Habs have too many of the same players... Small, fast and soft.... That's one reason MaxPax stands out so much.

we will make the playoffs, maybe even win a round, but more than that...come on it's being realistic... The upside our young players are developing pretty well this year.

nyhabsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Rutabaga

Quote:
When you have 5 regular D out you will lose most of your games. But HF will get all emo for the next 3 days and say trade half the team etc. etc.

Come on HF get emo so I can laugh at the morons.
I cant believe how negative are the people around here too.
5 regular D out, we're 6th, we're outshooting teams, we have good scoring chances, at least as many as the opposition does and yet, that team is awful (no, just out of gas and its easily understandable given the situation) and the coach is a moron (whereas its quite a performance to be that solid without a healthy lineup during the season, especially when we were picked as 9th or 10th before the opening game...)

Raaah, sometimes, i'm more upset reading the boards than watching a game.

Rutabaga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
holyhabs87

vCash: 2009
We had a really good start to the game but the Oilers took over once they scored.

We dominated the second for the most part and only scored one goal. Bulin was great and when he was making big saves we just were not finishing or getting to the loose pucks.

The third was even until Price gave up 2 goals that I am sure he would like to have back. Subban was over agressive but it was at the Oilers blue line, the forwards had enough time to backcheck. I think it was Akost that could have made a play on Eberle but didn't even try to put a stick on him.

On the topic of AK, it was a good effort from him and even Gomez who set Moen up for a couple great chances but as usual they don't produce.

This was definitely one of Plekanec's worst games so far this year. I don't even remember a good sequence in the offensive zone from him.

Look at who played the most minutes on our defense and the time they played...I can't say I expect to win many games like that.

Not a good start at all losing the most winnable game of the trip. At least the game vs the Flames is outdoors, so you never know what can happen.

holyhabs87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Andy

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayBee View Post
This is true..and I have no problem with that. It's the forwards though...I mean, c'mon...no sustained pressure. What's the Habs record when allowing 3 goals or more? It's putrid. Team can't score, same story.

Oh well, lets just get the next 2 games over with and come back home. I have no faith in this team in Alberta and BC.
Hard to do. Habs forwards rely on quick transition from the backend, with their D-men out, offense is very difficult/

Andy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
Fel 96
JFC

vCash: 2037
Send a message via MSN to Fel 96
Disappointing game once again.

Fel 96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
sheed36

The concerning thing to me is that the Habs suck so bad on the road and they have 9 home games and 14 road games left.. Add in all the injuries to the D along with a very inconsistent offense and things aren't looking to promising going forward..

As usual it's gonna be a fight to get into the playoffs again..

sheed36 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
OneSharpMarble

I have just about had enough of JM, this clown needs to be fired. How does this guy get constantly outcoached?

Overplaying certain defensemen and underplaying some of our hottest forwards. This guy should thank his lucky stars we are forced to have a french speaking coach.

OneSharpMarble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
habdynasty

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReenMachine View Post
But the majority of habs fans like to believe in their team no matter what , so I say let them if they feel comfortable of being disapointed again and again and again...
so what should fans do? Stop supporting the team?watch them fold, would that make you happy?

habdynasty is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2011, 10:47 PM
HH
GO HABS GO!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReenMachine View Post
I hope we miss the playoff for a couple of reasons:

Jacques Martin closer to getting fired.
Gomez closer to get traded/sent down/bought out.
Molson more likely to be furious with money loss due to no playoff and finally shakes things up.
Team more likely to add toughness.
Team more likely to do a flyers-like rebuilt the year after instead of endlessly being a middle-pack team that can't win it all and can't draft a franchise player except if real lucky at the draft cause everybody knows Timmins almost exclusively draft 5pi10p two-way good skater soft player. ( wishful thinking as far as rebuilt goes )
Gauthier more likely to get fired the year after.
Gauthier more likely to sign Markov instead of pretending his team can compete by making the playoff by an hair and getting to the 2nd round with Price doing all the work.
No NHL team will win with 5 regular D out of the lineup, no one has that much depth. Canucks lost tonight 3-1 in Nashville because of the lack of D. Do you really read what you write or you are one of those ex Nordiques fans?

HH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
zx81

Even with full lineups the team hasn't played well in western Canada for ages. I can't even remember the last good game there.

zx81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Analyzer
#WeAreBoston

Quote:
Originally Posted by le_sean View Post
You can find 6 billion people in the world to give an effort on the ice for $7.3 million. He needs to get points. 54th among all centres in points. Pathetic. He should be ashamed of himself.

1 point in 2 games against the worst team in the league. Beautiful.
He would have had 2 assists if Moen had any hands.

Analyzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2011, 10:48 PM
Craig71

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBuriedHab View Post
Gomez showed up. Plek was nowhere to be seen. He Has to start showing up on the road.
Gomez.

Craig71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2011, 10:48 PM
jamz

I like Pouliot more and more after every game.

jamz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2011, 10:49 PM
Andy

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneSharpMarble View Post
I have just about had enough of JM, this clown needs to be fired. How does this guy get constantly outcoached?

Overplaying certain defensemen and underplaying some of our hottest forwards. This guy should thank his lucky stars we are forced to have a french speaking coach.
He had 5 d-men, 2 played in Hamilton this year. 4 of them don't have 200 games of nhl experience. What did you want the guy to do?

I'm not a Martin fan, but there are many injuries to the D and for a defensive team, that's not a good thing.

BTW, Gomez was our best player tonight and created a ton of chances.

Old
Stradale

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quarantesix View Post
Cammalleri
Markov
Gorges
Gill
Spacek
Wiz

we really need some guys back and really soon
that's worth 22M$.

Stradale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Canadian_Brewtality

Quote:
Nothing to do with it. We didn't have more size in 07-08 but still won 25 road games.
yah thanks 3 years ago with a different team & coach. Not when gionta, gomez, pleks, cammo, desharnais, are counted on the score goals, make plays, and cant even get sustained pressure.

Canadian_Brewtality is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2011, 10:50 PM
HH
GO HABS GO!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canadian_Brewtality View Post
yah thanks 3 years ago with a different team & coach. Not when gionta, gomez, pleks, cammo, desharnais, are counted on the score goals, make plays, and cant even get sustained pressure.
Just stating we didn't have more size back then and still performed well on the road.

HH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Andy

Quote:
No NHL team will win with 5 regular D out of the lineup, no one has that much depth. Canucks lost tonight 3-1 in Nashville because of the lack of D. Do you really read what you write or you are one of those ex Nordiques fans?
Just give it up man, this board has gone down the gutter...sad.

Old
JayBee*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koseegin View Post
Hard to do. Habs forwards rely on quick transition from the backend, with their D-men out, offense is very difficult/
You don't think that's a problem? Transition game is where the Habs score. If there's no transition game, they don't score. This is a problem.

JayBee* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
TheBuriedHab

Well hopefully, Cammy and Mara in make a difference. Hopefully Gill too. Wiz looked bad. Don't see him coming back for a while.

TheBuriedHab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2011, 10:51 PM
Habit11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stradale View Post
that's worth 22M$.
When you put it that way, wow. Sucks to be us right now with all the injuries.

Habit11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2011, 10:51 PM
Fish on The Sand
Untouchable

Quote:
Originally Posted by le_sean View Post
You can find 6 billion people in the world to give an effort on the ice for $7.3 million. He needs to get points. 54th among all centres in points. Pathetic. He should be ashamed of himself.

1 point in 2 games against the worst team in the league. Beautiful.
He set up Moen for 2 tap ins that Moen promptly pooched, so that's not exactly his fault.

Fish on The Sand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2011, 10:52 PM
nyhabsfan
Waiting for #25.....

Ummm... You can bet the Ruins will improve by the deadline... They have picks and players they can move, far more assets than us. it's not anyone's fault, except maybe the Stupid Leafs!

nyhabsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
LeBlondeDemon10

The time to act is now. This team is going nowhere fast. The only one that can finish is Cammy, which was painfully evident tonight. Public skating is on Sundays from 12noon to 3pm, not the 1rst and 3rd period of every road game.

LeBlondeDemon10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
The Kremelin Wall*
the krEMELIN wall

Hey everyone. Chill out, relax.

The Kremelin Wall* is offline   Reply With Quote