HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Habs lose to an awful(fine, the last place) team once again.

Old
02-17-2011, 10:52 PM
Shawnt2009*

vCash: 500
I hope they get dismantled Sunday. We need a good team, a fun team. This is not a good team even when healthy. Man would it be awesome if one day we could become just like the Pens, Caps, Lightning, and Hawks and lose our way to a team with some stars and a chance at a cup. Instead we get the great Scottie Gomez.

Shawnt2009* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Canadian_Brewtality

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryI View Post
Just stating we didn't have more size back then and still performed well on the road.
was a season with an asterix.

the key to winning games on the road is big bodies that can take the punishment, depth & good goalkeeping.
We lacked all 3 tonight

Canadian_Brewtality is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Hab-a-maniac

The Habs are god awful these days on the road. Plus Edmonton is a graveyard for Hab visits. Only win there since 2000 was outdoors. Indoors we're now 0-6-1 there over our last 7. Pathetic. And it doesn't get better in Calgary (0-5-1 since 2002) and Vancouver (0-7-1 since 1999). Western Canadian road trips suuuuck, and after years of enjoying good success out there. It helped that all 3 Canadian Western teams sucked at various points in the 90s but that doesn't seem to matter with Edmonton anymore. Combined, in the last 10 plus years the Habs are 2-18-5 out West. True story. The Heritage Classic is still our last road win in Western Canada. Un****ingbelievable!

Last edited by Hab-a-maniac: 02-17-2011 at 11:01 PM.
Hab-a-maniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Quarantesix
#Galchenyuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koseegin View Post
Hard to do. Habs forwards rely on quick transition from the backend, with their D-men out, offense is very difficult/
true

but we are lacking scoring dept since the beginning of the season. We started the year with only 5 top 6 forward. Now we have Pacs great but one a guys go down our best option is Moen, not good when you don't have any star player on your team

Quarantesix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2011, 10:53 PM
HH
GO HABS GO!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattKOTW View Post
Hey everyone. Chill out, relax.
Quoted for absolute truth.

HH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Bourne Endeavor
( •_•)>⌐■-■ (⌐■_■)

vCash: 13357
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fish on The Sand View Post
Pros:

Gomez looked great
Pouliot beat down Horcoff

Cons:

Just about everything else
Great my ass. Decent at best. Problem is we are not paying for decent, we are paying for solid productivity. The fact this was the first game we cannot scream how god awful Gomez was in over a month speaks volumes.

Bourne Endeavor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
sheed36

Quote:
Most of them must be 15 year olds by the way they are acting.
Funny I thought the same about you..

sheed36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Jedrik

Quote:
Originally Posted by zx81 View Post
Even with full lineups the team hasn't played well in western Canada for ages. I can't even remember the last good game there.
I think I heard on the radio earlier today that we're 4-16-2-2 there in the last ten years or something. I guess it'd be 17 now. Don't quote me on that -- I may have misheard.

Jedrik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
JayBee*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shawnt2009 View Post
I hope they get dismantled Sunday. We need a good team, a fun team. This is not a good team even when healthy. Man would it be awesome if one day we could become just like the Pens, Caps, Lightning, and Hawks and lose our way to a team with some stars and a chance at a cup. Instead we get the great Scottie Gomez.
Of all people, you blame Gomez tonight?

JayBee* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
BenchBrawl
joueur de hockey

vCash: 50
Quote:
No NHL team will win with 5 regular D out of the lineup, no one has that much depth. Canucks lost tonight 3-1 in Nashville because of the lack of D. Do you really read what you write or you are one of those ex Nordiques fans?
I've been a hardcore Montreal Canadiens fans for 2 decades and a half , and I'm getting tired.Yeah , our healthy line-up is better than that , but is still weak and lack toughness or skill necessary to win the cup.Nordique fan my ass.Just watch us throw draft picks around at the deadline to acquire an average player trying to save an already lost season.We shouldn't trade draft pick for Mara-like player , we should trade our Mara-like player to get draft pick.How am i wrong?

BenchBrawl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
nyhabsfan
Waiting for #25.....

so how quickly will Nash be on a plane to Hamilton... And we might as well call up Weber!

nyhabsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2011, 10:54 PM
Agnostic
11 Stanley Cups

This game boiled down to 15 seconds that Price would like to have back. No need for doomsday predictions.

Agnostic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
prairie hab

Its called the wild west because the officiating standard is different - Habs should have had 4 PP's in the 3rd period alone.

I'm sickened by the fact that NOBODY went after Horcoff after he crosschecked Pouliot from behind. At least Benoit showed emtion and tried to re-arrange his face.

A. Kost must go - I believe he tries, but he just has ZERO hockey sense. Gomez has no finish right now (not like he ever does), but he played better tonight than he has in quite some time. The Gomez/Gio/Pouliot re-uniting should stay. When Camel comes back, put him with Pleks and Patches.

We need another defenseman. Literally. Of "the top 4 caliber". Another top 6 forward is the more pressing need however. Get a fricking goal scorer already. Pay the price - even if it means the likes of Tinordi, Kristo, Weber, Eller, etc. We do not have the firepower to come back in games. Camallerri will help, but we need more than him.

If PG does not move quickly, the slide will be long, and dramatic.

prairie hab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
speed11

Quote:
Just stating we didn't have more size back then and still performed well on the road.
habs also suffered minimal injuries that year. it was an anomaly.

speed11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
HH
GO HABS GO!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheed36 View Post
Funny I thought the same about you..
Because I am being rational in the loss? 5/6th of your D is out and our no1 sniper is also out and you are shocked we lost?

HH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2011, 10:55 PM
Analyzer
#WeAreBoston

Any video of the Pouliot - Horcoff " fight" ?

Analyzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Natural Habs Fan

It was a disappointing game but I figured it would end up this way after Wiz went down.

Natural Habs Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
zzoo

Good: Eller, Gomez, Pouliot, J.Martin (for taking time-out)

Bad: Nash, Plekanec, Gionta, Moen

zzoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
m00ks

Love how Gomez gets ragged on tonight. lols you guys are jokes

m00ks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Andy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quarantesix View Post
true

but we are lacking scoring debt since the beginning of the season. We started the year with only 5 top 6 forward. Now we have Pacs great but one a guys go down our best option is Moen, not good when you don't have any star player on your team
Yah I know, but it wasn't so bad because we are also one of the best defensive teams in the league. Hard to be the best defensive team when 5 of your starters are out(Markov, Wisniewski, Gill, Spacek, Gorges). What makes it even harder is taht Montreal relies on a good transition game to set up their offense. While there was a lot of odd-man rushes, a lot of them were neutralized quickly because the forwards were playing lower than usual in the defensive zone to compensate.

We essential played with 4 d-men tonight.

Andy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Habit11

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyhabsfan View Post
Ummm... You can bet the Ruins will improve by the deadline... They have picks and players they can move, far more assets than us. it's not anyone's fault, except maybe the Stupid Leafs!
Imagine if Markov/Gorges/Spacek/Hamrlik/Gill/Subban are all healthy, they could have possibly dealt Hamrlik to a team that needed him, and the Habs could survive that loss with the emergence of Weber. Of those top 6, 2 guys played tonight. It basically handcuffs PG from doing anything of significance unless he wants to part with a bunch of picks, which I'm guessing he doesn't.

Hard to win with AHL defense.

Habit11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2011, 10:56 PM
nyhabsfan
Waiting for #25.....

At this point I'd pick up Rivet for Maxwell... Why not... There are saying Gill should not even play the rest of the year because of a foot injury... Now how can he be any slower?

nyhabsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Shawnt2009*

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayBee View Post
Of all people, you blame Gomez tonight?
Imagine all those millions spent elsewhere. Imagine a good 2nd and 3rd liner for the same price as one of the biggest underachievers in the league. Who cares about tonight. Gomez is ruining the next half decade.

Shawnt2009* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
holyhabs87

vCash: 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canadian_Brewtality View Post
yah thanks 3 years ago with a different team & coach. Not when gionta, gomez, pleks, cammo, desharnais, are counted on the score goals, make plays, and cant even get sustained pressure.
Our team 100% healthy is better than that team.

I thought it became quite obvious that the season we finished first was a mirage. Kovalev has his 2nd best year, Pleks had a career year, Akost had a career year, Higgins had 27 goals for ****s sake. We had Markov the entire season...go look at the numbers of games our KEY players lost to injury...Ryder was only at 70 games and he had gotten benched a few games.

Don't forget our PP was the MAIN reason for most of our success. Throw in the 8-0 record vs Boston and it was not that impressive.

I am no Martin fan but Carbo was a joke of a coach in comparison.

holyhabs87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
bjac

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReenMachine View Post
But the majority of habs fans like to believe in their team no matter what , so I say let them if they feel comfortable of being disapointed again and again and again...
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReenMachine View Post
I hope we miss the playoff for a couple of reasons:
The majority CHEER for their team no matter what.

That is the difference between most fans and yourself. I want this team to improve as much as the next guy and completely understand that they are a boarderline playoff team, but never in my life have I cheered against them. "Fans" like you make me laugh. Maybe you should bandwagon jump to another team. Both the Wings and Pens have done well in recent year, they'd be a good fit for you.

bjac is offline   Reply With Quote