HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Rangers have interest in Filip Kuba

Old
02-17-2011, 02:06 PM
Loffen
Hadouken!

vCash: 500
Filip Glass? He gets injured every other month.

No thanks.

Loffen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2011, 02:08 PM
GAGLine
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rangers44 View Post
I had a feeling this is what we will go for. Another soft defenseman on the downhill of his career.
It's a rumor, nothing more. We aren't going to trade for him unless Drury is going the other way, and that's isn't happening, so don't worry about it.

That doesn't mean we won't trade for a soft defenseman on the downhill of his career, but at least that dman will be UFA at year's end.

GAGLine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2011, 02:11 PM
hpNYR
HF Forecaster

Filip Kuba? Really? 5 points in 39 games w/ a whopping -25. Yes it's Ottawa, but point remains. Is he really an upgrade over anything we have? I want to hear names like Liles and Kaberle....filip kuba?

hpNYR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2011, 02:15 PM
HockeyBasedNYC

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR Boyler87 View Post
That was years ago. Not every old player Torts coached will turn out to be a solid addition to the club. They have been lucky with Fedotenko and Prospal.
Just making it known thats all. Not a supporter of a trade for him.

HockeyBasedNYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2011, 02:21 PM
Rangers44*

Quote:
Originally Posted by GAGLine View Post
It's a rumor, nothing more. We aren't going to trade for him unless Drury is going the other way, and that's isn't happening, so don't worry about it.

That doesn't mean we won't trade for a soft defenseman on the downhill of his career, but at least that dman will be UFA at year's end.
Don't kid yourself about Drury. Drury would never accept a trade there and Ottawa wouldn't want him or his salary.

More likely it would be Gilroy + late round pick.

Rangers44* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2011, 02:27 PM
GAGLine
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Don't kid yourself about Drury. Drury would never accept a trade there and Ottawa wouldn't want him or his salary.

You might want to re-read what I wrote.

Quote:
We aren't going to trade for him unless Drury is going the other way, and that's isn't happening
I mentioned Drury only because unloading him is the only way we could afford Kuba's contract for next year and still have a shot at Richards. So, in short, we aren't trading for Kuba. Get it?

GAGLine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2011, 02:29 PM
Panfork
Pacioretty Hater

Quote:

I would rather play Gilroy than the Filip Kuba of today.

Panfork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2011, 02:58 PM
bernmeister

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panfork View Post
I would rather play Gilroy than the Filip Kuba of today.
Agree w/the posts generally and this in particular^.
No Kuba.

bernmeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2011, 03:08 PM
Miller Time NYR

My first reaction was hell ****ing no but id think about this IF AND ONLY IF the deal involves drury with the intent to buy kuba out at seasons end.

To ottowa:
Chris drury
NYR 2nd 2011
Mid level prospect(weise,kundratek,bourque)
To NY:
Filip Kuba

Kuba has a somewhat decent shot, he's about as good as eminger and would be a good vet presence, hell you could even put him in the press box, which u can't so with drury. his buyout hit would be significantly less that drurys and a 2 nd a prospect is a steal of a price for some good cap relief IMO.

Oh and no **** drury has a ntc, maybe he'll waive it for ottowa but I don't need 5 smartasses responding telling me that.

Miller Time NYR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2011, 03:23 PM
94now

This is not a fantasy hockey, stats don't matter as much. If he can get the puck to Gaborik then the only thing that matters would be that he is half of Rozy in terms of $$. We need a veteran that is better than Eminger or who, at least, could have slumps that don't co-inside with Eminger's. There is no much choice out there..

94now is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2011, 03:25 PM
NYR Viper

Quote:
Originally Posted by 94now View Post
This is not a fantasy hockey, stats don't matter as much. If he can get the puck to Gaborik then the only thing that matters would be that he is half of Rozy in terms of $$. We need a veteran that is better than Eminger or who, at least, could have slumps that don't co-inside with Eminger's. There is no much choice out there..
I would rather they stick with what they have than trade for Kuba. Unless they want to have the most expensive AHL pairing ever next year:

Kuba-Redden

NYR Viper is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2011, 03:48 PM
Marty Straka
Don't Stop Believin'

He's been a consistent NHL defensemen his whole career... Was named captain twice for Minnesota (even though it was rotating.. it says something to be named) left Minny for Tampa as the All-time leading scorer for defensemen. Has nearly been .500 pace in points in his career totals. Was lights out when first being traded to Ottawa.. Could even say he was one of their best defensemen after putting up 40pts. Last year he ran into some injury trouble but still managed respectable numbers and still led the back-end with 28pts. Has played for Czech Republic in numerous World Championships winning Gold and a bronze medal in the Olympics. His pedigree is pretty damn good, other then this seasons struggles. Yes the 5pts and -25 seem terrible.. but Ottawa has absolutely no system going right now and have been terrible all season. If you bring Kuba into a fresh start with a team that has a chance to go deep into the playoffs and has a system that works.. he can definitely excel and be a great addition to your 1st or 2nd PP unit... and can't forget that he's played for Torts before so I could see some chemistry there too. There's a reason why there's interest for him.

Old
02-17-2011, 04:09 PM
Miller Time NYR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marty Straka View Post
He's been a consistent NHL defensemen his whole career... Was named captain twice for Minnesota (even though it was rotating.. it says something to be named) left Minny for Tampa as the All-time leading scorer for defensemen. Has nearly been .500 pace in points in his career totals. Was lights out when first being traded to Ottawa.. Could even say he was one of their best defensemen after putting up 40pts. Last year he ran into some injury trouble but still managed respectable numbers and still led the back-end with 28pts. Has played for Czech Republic in numerous World Championships winning Gold and a bronze medal in the Olympics. His pedigree is pretty damn good, other then this seasons struggles. Yes the 5pts and -25 seem terrible.. but Ottawa has absolutely no system going right now and have been terrible all season. If you bring Kuba into a fresh start with a team that has a chance to go deep into the playoffs and has a system that works.. he can definitely excel and be a great addition to your 1st or 2nd PP unit... and can't forget that he's played for Torts before so I could see some chemistry there too. There's a reason why there's interest for him.
WOW such a logical response from someone who looked beyond his 2010-2011 stats on NHL.com MY GOD!

Miller Time NYR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2011, 04:21 PM
Fataldogg

I'd be more interested in obtaining Kaberle. Kuba just doesn't do it for me.

Kaberle is a legitimate puck moving offensive defense man. He would be a huge lift for our PP. We don't have a PP QB and he would be the perfect player to put back there.

He would simply be a rental to help push us into the playoffs and potentially get past the first round. His contract expires next year therefore we wouldn't have to worry about his cap hit. If he does well and likes it here we can always discuss giving him a contract at a lower cap hit.

You've got nothing to lose. Send one of our 2nd Round Picks and a decent player to Toronto for Kaberle. Get it done Sather. Our PP is in desperate need of a player like this. And if our PP cannot substantially improve we are looking at either a quick 1st round exit or a 9th / 10th place showing down the stretch.

Get it done!

Fataldogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2011, 05:40 PM
lJuicel

PASS, while I'm sure his numbers might be a bit skewed because of playing on the Sens, but as an earlier poster said, if we are getting a D-Man with multiple years left get JM Liles out of Colorado.

lJuicel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2011, 05:45 PM
Alvvays
Man Girardi

vCash: 50
Basically my thoughts, in the form of a pal from another forum:

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwoMinutesForNothing View Post
If we sign Kuba then I'm going to eat a bunch of spaghetti just so I can puke it up all over myself. Cuz it would be that disgusting and that's the reaction it deserves.

02-17-2011, 05:45 PM
Canjo
AVA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stugots View Post
I'll take a pass on his 5 points and -25.
urgh, thats brutal, i dont know too much about him, but i'll pass based on this alone

Canjo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2011, 05:59 PM
bubba5

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSGreenman1715 View Post
urgh, thats brutal, i dont know too much about him, but i'll pass based on this alone
Is this guy any better than Eminger? OMG.

bubba5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2011, 08:00 PM
Marty Straka
Don't Stop Believin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubba5 View Post
Is this guy any better than Eminger? OMG.
Leaps and Bounds. He's big and can log big minutes in any situation. He's not a big physical guy despite his size but he's very sound positionally and is pretty good at taking the puck away which makes up for him not really hitting much. He can be used on the 1st or 2nd PP unit and can easily slot into the Top 4 no problem.

Marty Straka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2011, 08:57 PM
HatTrick Swayze
Tomato Potato

Please no...

94now

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR Boyler87 View Post
I would rather they stick with what they have than trade for Kuba.
That's why you're not GM.
For the next season Kuba is not quite an asset and may be a burden, but we are talking playoffs. That's is where rookies could be broken in or just broken, even damaged. No one knows, in other words. That is where you want to have depth. That is why we need some veteran. Is he good enough? Who knows... He is however, the right kind of D. The one we need. I think if not for cap space we could even use Redden.

94now is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
DM23BK30

Kubina yes -- Kuba no.

DM23BK30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2011, 09:44 PM
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him

vCash: 50
Awards:
Kuba is not nearly as bad as you guys are making him out to be. He has been a dependable defenseman for quite a few years. He'd be an improvement over both Gilroy and MDZ at this point. It's not a move for the future, but for this season, he'd be fine. Don't be mislead by his stats on that abysmal Ottawa team.

However, I don't know what we'd send back to make this appealing, cap-wise.

Also, he'd be the new whipping boy, more so than Rozsival, so pass.

It's just pain.
nyr2k2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2011, 11:19 PM
Marty Straka
Don't Stop Believin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyr2k2 View Post
Kuba is not nearly as bad as you guys are making him out to be. He has been a dependable defenseman for quite a few years. He'd be an improvement over both Gilroy and MDZ at this point. It's not a move for the future, but for this season, he'd be fine. Don't be mislead by his stats on that abysmal Ottawa team.

However, I don't know what we'd send back to make this appealing, cap-wise.

Also, he'd be the new whipping boy, more so than Rozsival, so pass.
Seeing how the sens got rid of their pest in Ruutu... and have to resort to calling up Francis Lessard() and Neil possibly on the Chopping block... what about someone like Sean Avery... ?

Marty Straka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2011, 11:21 PM
Panfork
Pacioretty Hater

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marty Straka View Post
Seeing how the sens got rid of their pest in Ruutu... and have to resort to calling up Francis Lessard() and Neil possibly on the Chopping block... what about someone like Sean Avery... ?
I believe if Avery were traded, the Sens would have his full cap of nearly $4M, so they'd be taking on salary. Do you think they're willing to do that?

Panfork is offline   Reply With Quote